Humblebrag Thread

Apex93

Does anyone else find the X100 in a 42" driver too light and whippy? It's not bad when I am just going for my normal 330 down the middle, but just feel like I can't really go after it on the wide open holes without it turning to soup on me. Any suggestions?

personally, i found better results with a tipped, hard stepped X7. i felt like whenever i leaned on an x100 it felt like a pool noodle. your results will vary.

Ahh, I hadn't thought of tipping. Stupid me. Do you think tipping it 4" would be enough to make it stout enough?

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

Does anyone else find the X100 in a 42" driver too light and whippy? It's not bad when I am just going for my normal 330 down the middle, but just feel like I can't really go after it on the wide open holes without it turning to soup on me. Any suggestions?

personally, i found better results with a tipped, hard stepped X7. i felt like whenever i leaned on an x100 it felt like a pool noodle. your results will vary.

Ahh, I hadn't thought of tipping. Stupid me. Do you think tipping it 4" would be enough to make it stout enough?

Standard is 5.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

suggestions for the best blade 2 iron to play from thick rough?

Mp1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I don't know if any of the rest of you notice this with your butler too, but when Fitzroy takes his one week vacation, and I have to carry my own clubs from the den, through the gardens, through the kitchen, then through the stables, and to the car in the garage, I find it helps me loosen up my legs and back for when I get to the first tee.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I don't know if any of the rest of you notice this with your butler too, but when Fitzroy takes his one week vacation, and I have to carry my own clubs from the den, through the gardens, through the kitchen, then through the stables, and to the car in the garage, I find it helps me loosen up my legs and back for when I get to the first tee.

That sounds tough. At least, the part where you have you loosen up your own legs and back. My team takes care of that.

I've been asked to stop hitting driver at my local range. Seems as though the neighbors on the other side of the net and across the boulevard complained about damage to their homes. Sounds like an insurance scam to me. I wanted o tell them that it was actually my 5w that was guilty, but I thought that might be a tad gauche.

same with me! there's this family in ohio that keeps telling me to stop hitting the driver on the range.

I've been asked to stop hitting driver at my local range. Seems as though the neighbors on the other side of the net and across the boulevard complained about damage to their homes. Sounds like an insurance scam to me. I wanted o tell them that it was actually my 5w that was guilty, but I thought that might be a tad gauche.

same with me! there's this family in ohio that keeps telling me to stop hitting the driver on the range.

Not impressed. Ohio is downwind. If you had said Canada, that would get my attention.

suggestions for the best blade 2 iron to play from thick rough?

Man I really wish I could help you on this one, but what is it like to hit out of the rough?

Edit:

Upon giving this more thought, maybe instead of a 2 iron you should take up bowling. I mean, seriously, how fun could golf be playing from the rough and having a need to carry the ball far enough for a 2 iron. Bowling has lanes maybe you could stay in those.

Unless of course, you are asking for a "friend" who is so bad they miss a fairway.

Help me out guys. I don't know what to do. I've been invited to play Augusta National and Cypress Point. Trouble is the rounds are on the same day. I could flip a coin but I’ve only played them once before and was really looking forward to breaking par on both again. What would you do? Thanks in advance.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Help me out guys. I don't know what to do. I've been invited to play Augusta National and Cypress Point. Trouble is the rounds are on the same day. I could flip a coin but I’ve only played them once before and was really looking forward to breaking par on both again. What would you do? Thanks in advance.

Wow! You even have to ask? Morning round at Augusta. Then take your jet to Monterey airport and afternoon round at Cypress.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Anyone else think that winning the club championship isn't quite as fun after the fourth or fifth time you've done it? Like you almost feel a little guilty when you realize that your buddies, who are all really good players, probably won't ever see their names on the plaque? I sincerely hope they can find joy elsewhere in their lives because golf must be disheartening for them.

• Haha 1

Anyone else think that winning the club championship isn't quite as fun after the fourth or fifth time you've done it? Like you almost feel a little guilty when you realize that your buddies, who are all really good players, probably won't ever see their names on the plaque? I sincerely hope they can find joy elsewhere in their lives because golf must be disheartening for them.

TBH, I'm no longer allowed to compete in it, since they named the trophy after me.

F.T.

How do you respond when folks are always saying, "golf must be really boring for you, always hitting perfectly down the middle."? Or my favorite, "hey pro, how do you hit this shot? I'm behind this tree and need to keep it low, hook it, then have it stop just over that bunker?" A: "I don't know, these situations don't happen in the middle of the fairway:)" #humblebrag

TBH, I'm no longer allowed to compete in it, since they named the trophy after me.

"Congrats friend, your name is now on my trophy. Oh, and I just realized you're married to Jane, not sure if you know this but we dated back before you guys knew each other. Well congrats again!"

What? Fitzroy is fired! Your clubs should have been waiting for you at the proshop. Carry them to the car yourself? SMH.

I often purposely rub mud on my clothes before I show up as a single.

I'm self-conscious of my movie-star good looks and perfect physique. I'm told I can be quite distracting to golf with if you don't know me.

I'm actually fairly humble and a nice guy - but I once golfed with Adam Scott and he quit after 6 holes as he felt ashamed by his appearance.

Wouldn't know. My club championship isn't open to professionals.

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

In all seriousness, I know a member of Cyprus. I should be playing there at some point this year. Not a brag, I was as stunned as you guys when he told me he belonged there.

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

Help me out guys, I’m not sure what to do. It’s been almost four months since I won my club championship at Burning Bushwood Pine Plains Country Club and my name is still not engraved on the permanent trophy. Last year the engraver was right there at the end of play to put my name on the trophy. Should I say something? I don’t want to be “that guy” but I don’t want to wait until next years championship either as I am going for five in a row at BBPPCC and would hate for the trophy to not represent the reality of my achievement.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

We used to have a "You know you're on GolfWRX thread..." but some folks took it personal and it got closed, but I just read this honest-to-god comment in another thread about golf balls and it really really really needs a home :)

...I was playing yesterday after it had rained for a couple days so the greens were really soft! The problem I had f you can call it "a problem" was I was getting too much spin! I hit a 3 wood up hill from 245 landed on the green and actually backed up!...

F.T.

My clubs have a nickel sized rust mark in the middle of the face and I'm really concerned it may be affecting my spin rates

No, it's not a problem. It's the dime sized marks that really mess up your clubs. I had to get rid of an entire set of Hogan Apex irons, it got so bad.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

My playing partners were grumbling about me demo'ing a driver all morning during our weekly round. It was truly a magnificent club though, I was hitting high draws and high Cutters, ropes and rainbows...and Long! I mean I wasn't trying to be antisocial or anything, but it's hard to carry a conversation when I'm waiting 2 shots for them to catch up to me on the green...so on the back nine I switched out and went back to hitting RH....

• 1 month later...

One of the WORST things IMHO is when your man servant scuffs your dinosaur skin golf shoes. I keep telling Joffre he must go in counter clockwise circles, no wider then a Canadian Penny whilst polishing them. They just don't teach proper shoe etiquette anymore do they?

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Playing at a public course for the first time this weekend. For those that have played at a public course, how does it work when paying for the round? Do I pay before or after?

after, because when you break par from the tips they will comp your round and who wants to deal with a refund? also, just a friendly tip here, fairways might not be as nice as you're used to so play a straight ball off the tee to eliminate both sides.

The cart girls keep throwing their bras at me, sometimes when I'm in the middle of my swing. It's distracting. Makes me hit the ball dead straight instead of my preferred baby draw.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)