6 MEMBERS WANTED: Attend an Exclusive Callaway Chrome Soft Event in Chicopee, Massachusetts!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be selected for this. Not too bothered about seeing the golf balls being made....send me a dvd!

Just want the free stuff....like everyone else.

Oh i would also need return first class flight from Europe and a five star hotel.

Can you do it Oct 10th as it suits me better?

Just kidding - it's a great prize for the lucky winners. Enjoy

I do love the Chrome Soft soccer balls and I *DO* live within 100 miles of Chicopee! 98.4 miles to be exact. (But my brother only lives 15 min away and I can crash there too).

That would be really, really cool. :D

Thanks Callaway!

--kC

Callaway Mavrik 9* Fujikura Pro2.0 6.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Srixon ZX5 Irons (4-PW) / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*, Balls by Snell.

Count me in!

I'm about 40 miles away, in central CT. I've been playing the Supersoft exclusively since its release. Last week at a tournament I missed the long drive by 10 yards and have been wondering ever since, had I played the Chrome Soft would I have won??

I have yet to try out the Chrome Soft so this would be right up my alley.

Thanks!

I am available and would like to attend. Chicopee is about 70 miles, a little over an hr from me. It would be great to see how they are made and I always think its a great perspective for a golf company to have the view point of the avid weekend golfer that is a high handicap. My game probably represents majority of the consumers compared to the 8 handicappers. I play between Callaway and Titleist golf balls.

The Event

Callaway has Quickly Jumped to the #2 in Golf Ball Company. Learn How During an Exclusive Golf Ball Tour.

How does Callaway make its Chrome Soft golf ball? What exactly goes into a dual core, or the urethane cover material? During this exclusive two-day event, Callaway Golf will host 6 members of the WRX community at its Golf Ball facility in Chicopee, MA for an inside look at the the Callaway golf ball plant and the ball products manufactured there. The event will include an extensive tour of the golf ball manufacturing facility, an extensive Q&A with Head of Golf Ball R&D, a sneak peek at upcoming products, and -- well, of course -- golf ball testing.

How do I sign up?

To apply you MUST be:

• a GolfWRX member
  • live within 100 miles of Chicopee, MA
  • willing to drive (round trip) to the golf ball plant
  • ​In a post below, state why you want to see how Callaway Makes The Ball That Changed The Ball

When

Tuesday, October 4th through Wednesday, October 5th 2016

Chicopee, MA and a nearby golf course

Who

• Dave Bartels, Senior Director of Golf Ball R&D, Callaway Golf
  • Vince Simmonds, Senior Director of Golf Ball Operations, Callaway Golf
  • Jason Finley, Director, Brand Management - Golf Balls, Callaway Golf
  • 6 GolfWRX Members

Itinerary

Oct 4:

• Arrivals
  • Exclusive behind the scenes tour of the Callaway Ball Facility and Q&A with Head Golf Ball R&D Dave Bartels.
  • Dinner with Callaway team

Oct 5:

• Breakfast
  • 18 Holes at a local golf course for golf ball testing
  • Plus a few special surprises

How will the participants be selected?

We will accept the applicants who enter posting below, then randomize them in a drawing. The first 6 chosen will be given invites. If one or more cannot make it, we will then contact the next person on that location list until the spots are filled.

Thanks,

The GolfWRX Team

I would love to visit the factory see the process of how there are made.

77 miles away. I play the supersoft in the cold weather months and have recently been trying out the yellow chrome soft. Great balls. I want to see the plant because I love golf gear and it would be a cool trip to talk about with my kids and grand kids.

Mavrik 10.5 Attas Coool 6s

Mavrik SZ 4 wood ProForce V2 7F4

Mavrik pro 3 hyb ProForce V2 8F4

Srixon ZX4,5&7  5-PW C Taper lite 110

MD5 52 & 58

SC X6

I am from Mass have tons of family there and lots of places to stay, an easy drive up to Mass for me from the DC area. The ball that changed the ball is the ball that changed the ball in my bag!!!! Have been playing Prov1s for years and until the Chrome Soft had never found a ball that could knock them out of the bag, Chrome Soft did it. I have found it to be straighter with the driver with no distance loss, and for some reason I am 1/2 club longer with my irons. Pick me, Pick me please!!!

Cheers,

Jeff

Driver Titleist TS2 10.5
3 Wood Titleist TS2
Titleist 818 3, 4, and 5
Irons Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal
Wedges Mizuno T20 50, 54, 58
Putter Bobby Grace Blade 18 Custom 
Ball Snell MTBX

• 2 weeks later...

56.2 miles from my house. Cool.

I would love to see how a golf ball is made. Since I was a little kid, I would take balls to my dad's band saw and cut them open to see what was inside. That curiosity destroyed various brands of golf balls (the old wound balls got a little interesting...), baseballs, etc. My buddy handed me a sleeve of chrome soft tru-vis balls earlier this summer. Very interesting concept, and overall not a bad ball. If I am selected, I will get to brag to all my buddies that I got to tour the factory and help test new balls! They're going to hate me for it. Ha ha!!

Thanks for the consideration!

Less than 30 miles from my place. I'm going to need a new ball now that Nike is closing up shop. Would love the opportunity to see whats going on inside the factory and have a chance to try new things

Titleist 910D3 9.5* PX 7c3
Titleist 910Fd 15* Diamana Kai'li
Cobra Amp 3H 19* Aldila RIP 70
Mizuno MP-57 4-P S300
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 53/56/60 S400
Scotty Laguna PP MidSlant

Being a former voc tech high school manufacturing teacher, now teaching adults in precision machining I would be very interested in viewing the manufacturing process of the chrome soft golf ball. I could certs ally share the experience with the adults I'll be teaching. Also I'm a 60 year old golfer that would like to see if the ball compares to the current titleist one that I use now. Thanks

I live within 100 miles, Have a single digit hcp, I could play the locally made ball like everyone else in the south coast but have chosen to play Bridgestone's B330s. Recently I Found a Chrome soft with Truvis, usually I would have thrown the ball in with my practice balls and would never have given it a second thought but the soccer ball pattern intrigued me. I Tried the ball out on the practice green and really liked the feel off my wedges and putter. Next thing I know I'm On the Callaway web site to research your ball offering. Nice job differentiating yourself.

Being a former voc tech high school manufacturing teacher, now teaching adults in precision machining I would be very interested in viewing the manufacturing process of the chrome soft golf ball. I could certsainally share the experience with the adults I'll be teaching. Also I'm a 60 year old golfer that would like to see how the chrome soft compares to the current titleist one that I use now. Thanks

I would like to tour the plant where the ball that changed the ball is made because I liked last years model better, and would love to get first hand insight as to why they changed it. Maybe my swing speed is not high enough?

Srixon Z585, 10.5*
TaylorMade SIM Max 5 wood 18*

Titleist TS2 21* hybrid
Cobra DWS 23*, Nippon 950GH
Callaway X-14 5-PW

Vokey SM7 52F
Vokey SM7 56M

Vokey 60M
TaylorMade Ardmore 1

Hi,

I'm a student at Columbia, and I'd love to participate. Though I am just outside the radius, I have a car and can drive myself to and from the location.

Before disqualifying me because of that, I hope you consider this: I'll be in my final semester before graduating and making a trip during the week isn't an issue because of my light schedule.

While I'm not a full convert to the Chrome Soft, I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I like it. A lot. I've been testing it against the my gamer, Nike RZN Tour Platinum, but with Nike's exit announcement, I'm actively searching for a gamer replacement. This is important to me because I've recently begun participating in tournaments again with the goal of playing on tour. it's important that I can settle into a ball that I can trust.

I believe this is a great and unique opportunity for me to not only learn more about a product that I'm very interested in using a whole lot of, but also talk to some of the people responsible for its creation. Thanks Callaway and GolfWRX for this opportunity.

This would be awesome!

I am a 14 handicap still trying to find the one. I played Callaway SR2's the last 2 years, but recently switched back to Pro V1's. I love finding Chromesoft's in the woods at my home course, but have never felt the itch to pull the trigger and buy a dozen.

I live 91.6 miles from Chicopee. Been out to Springfield a bunch of times for a variety of reason, both good and bad, but I had no idea you guys were out there. I did not see breakfast or lunch on the itinerary for Oct 4th. If selected I could pick up the tab at IHOP on Riverdale Street in West Springfield followed by a hot dog eating contest lunch at Nick's Nest in Holyoke - the best dogs you'll ever eat in your life.

I just had a kid. I am desperate for the interaction of grown men who will only scream and cry when they snap hook a tee shot, catch a wedge shot thin, or lip out a bogey, double, triple.

I need this.

TaylorMade Sim 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
TaylorMade Sim 3W w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s
Titleist U500 3i w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY S
Callaway X-Forged CB 4-PW w/ Project X IO 6.0 | +1/4" 
Callaway JAWS  50* S / 54* S / 58* T
National Custom Works  | Custom Robertson Raw
Snell MBT-X | White