Rory the great ambassador for golf smashing his club

GreatSpaceCoaster

To the parents who are disappointed in Rors club toss, here's the lesson to be learned if your child does it.. "Mom, dad, I spiked my club and broke it because Ror did it." Okay son, get a job to pay for your own clubs, and see how many you break then."

Exactly...they will learn the lesson quickly.

On another note...when my wife and kids miss someone throwing/breaking a club or pulling a Shane Lowery...I call them to the tv and play it for them. They always get a kick and laugh out of it.

Some of you people would be horrified what's available on the internet for Ken and Barbie....lol

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rory has a generally piss-poor attitude.

He is a gifted athlete and golfer, but he has the shittiest attitude of anyone.

And based on how he's been playing, it's kind of silly he even does press interviews at the press center.

Have you ever met him?......no......so how can you judge a person's attitude from watching TV?

And based on how he's been playing, it's kind of silly he even does press interviews at the press center.

Have you ever met him?......no......so how can you judge a person's attitude from watching TV?

Usually, by what they say, what they do and how they act.

That's right.

I certainly wouldn't vote for a President that way.

ditto for the tool who broke his iron in half over his knee and threw it. i'd say he one-upped rors.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I'm probably one of the few that think "growing the game" isn't just about golf, but is getting next generations to be more active.

We have a physical fitness crisis right now, particularly among younger people. This is partially the fault of safety and the end of "staying outside till the street lights came on" as my entire generation (Gen X) did.

It's also the fault of education. If you look at the average 3 - 4 year old, they want to be outside, they want to run, they want to climb stuff, they want to swing sticks at balls and learn... they are wired for activity with tons of energy and they have brand new muscles and bones.

What do we do? Slow them down, make them stationary, put them in preschool, label them with development targets, keep them inside, keep them air conditioned, give them tablets/screens, language lessons, and feed them like sh*t. Sorry, I've seen the "diets" of many preschoolers and most of them suck.

These early habits have translated into a crisis and we need young people out there being physical. Now that I'm in my 40's and dealing with occasional tendinitis and everything else that comes with passing the peak physical years, I want to go to someone with a 20-year old body and shake them and tell them to use this "gift" while they still have it.

Golf, to me, would be a minor but important contribution to getting kids moving (walking the course obviously). I can see autistic kids really taking to golf because of the sequences and ordering in the equipment/courses and the relative isolation of the game. On that point, I'm positive someone like Tiger would have been placed on the Autism Spectrum had it existed, most single-minded geniuses are.

Rory likes to play soccer right? It's not about him, it's about getting the next generation to not be a bunch of lazy fat asses.

The game is hard, every single round at any level, we are going to be extremely frustrated at least once per round.

Rory is well paid by Nike. And while the main source of his income is to sell stuff for Nike. His secondary job is to be a model in getting kids, many whom do NOT have the benefit of sufficient support at home, to turn to physical fitness. It's actually part of Nike's Credo.

So yeah, major fail on Rory.

Just my opinion.

I would talk with Rory's club tech..... that head left that shaft pretty easily. Peters on the other hand....that was a moment of rage!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I spoke about this briefly in another thread in comparison to Rickie's demeanor. Although I agree with the poor example setting of the incident(s), I also think it's slightly revealing to see someone wear his heart on his sleeve. Emotions run wild in golf, and these guys are not exempt from the blood boiling ailments of this thing called golf.

I mean think about it; a game where grown, sophisticated and distinguished men are chasing down tiny white balls for a living. So the real question here is, who's the real fools? The one's being paid to play this ridiculous game, or the one's that pay to play this ridiculous game?

*Not to sound too condescending, but just venting due to Trump's poor choice in VP selection.

@therealping

I would talk with Rory's club tech..... that head left that shaft pretty easily. Peters on the other hand....that was a moment of rage!

think I read that it was having issues , and was re glued so it was toast anyway

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

I would probably snap more clubs and throw more clubs into lakes/woods etc if I had an equipment van waiting for me after the round to custom build me a new club.

But clubs are too expensive for me to replace every time I make a bad shot, so I have to settle for cursing. :(

[b][u]Driver:[/u][/b] Ping G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour 60X
[b][u]3 Wood:[/u][/b] Ping G - Ping Tour 80X
[b][u]3-PW:[/u][/b] Mizuno MP-15 - KBS C Taper X
[b][u]GW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 52.08 F Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]SW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 56.10 S Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]LW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 60.08 M Grind - True Temper S400
[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u] Ping Anser Redwood

as a father of children, i dont care.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Your opinion means nothing to him. When was the last time u won 4 majors or anything for that matter?

Your opinion means nothing to him. When was the last time u won 4 majors or anything for that matter?

I'm probably one of the few that think "growing the game" isn't just about golf, but is getting next generations to be more active.

We have a physical fitness crisis right now, particularly among younger people. This is partially the fault of safety and the end of "staying outside till the street lights came on" as my entire generation (Gen X) did.

It's also the fault of education. If you look at the average 3 - 4 year old, they want to be outside, they want to run, they want to climb stuff, they want to swing sticks at balls and learn... they are wired for activity with tons of energy and they have brand new muscles and bones.

What do we do? Slow them down, make them stationary, put them in preschool, label them with development targets, keep them inside, keep them air conditioned, give them tablets/screens, language lessons, and feed them like sh*t. Sorry, I've seen the "diets" of many preschoolers and most of them suck.

These early habits have translated into a crisis and we need young people out there being physical. Now that I'm in my 40's and dealing with occasional tendinitis and everything else that comes with passing the peak physical years, I want to go to someone with a 20-year old body and shake them and tell them to use this "gift" while they still have it.

Golf, to me, would be a minor but important contribution to getting kids moving (walking the course obviously). I can see autistic kids really taking to golf because of the sequences and ordering in the equipment/courses and the relative isolation of the game. On that point, I'm positive someone like Tiger would have been placed on the Autism Spectrum had it existed, most single-minded geniuses are.

Rory likes to play soccer right? It's not about him, it's about getting the next generation to not be a bunch of lazy fat asses.

The game is hard, every single round at any level, we are going to be extremely frustrated at least once per round.

Rory is well paid by Nike. And while the main source of his income is to sell stuff for Nike. His secondary job is to be a model in getting kids, many whom do NOT have the benefit of sufficient support at home, to turn to physical fitness. It's actually part of Nike's Credo.

Just my opinion.

Yeah and he's crying reading this

Tiger was a world class cusser, and he brought more people to the game then ever before in this generation.

The other before him was a model citizen, Arnie. Times change, but awe inspiring talent and an impressive record are what draw people to the game.

I'm not sure a lot of husbands on his barnstorming tours agree with the term model citizen. He was known to run his pen dry in various housewives.

How dare you say something negative about Arnie. Didn't you know every golfer that played before 1990 spent their free time either in church or helping old ladies across the street in Mayberry?

Just my opinion.

Hence my use of "just my opinion." You have yours.

I'm just giving him a slightly negative job performance evaluation. When Nike hired Rory I'm sure in part they were hoping for some improvement on Tiger's aloofness and nationally televised F bombs.

Looks like they are not getting it... but they are selling some clubs so his primary job approval is good.

Just my opinion.

I'm just giving him a slightly negative job performance evaluation. When Nike hired Rory I'm sure in part they were hoping for some improvement on Tiger's aloofness and nationally televised F bombs.

Looks like they are not getting it... but they are selling some clubs so his primary job approval is good.

So Tiger almost single-handedly put Nike on the gole equipment map, and they were at meetings saying, "If only he wouldn't curse as much" ?

Just my opinion.

So Tiger almost single-handedly put Nike on the gole equipment map, and they were at meetings saying, "If only he wouldn't curse as much" ?

I don't know man. But Tiger did lose other sponsorships because of his behavior.

If Tiger has an off field career say like, Derek Jeter, does Nike Golf do better?

I really don't know... it's interesting to debate though.

Just my opinion.

I don't know man. But Tiger did lose other sponsorships because of his behavior.

If Tiger has an off field career say like, Derek Jeter, does Nike Golf do better?

I really don't know... it's interesting to debate though.

Jeeter would have had the same issues as tiger if baseball players and golfers were looked at the same way nfl, basketball players , politicians etc are. I don't hear any hate on Kobe, Clinton , Jordan or any other public figure who cheated on his/her spouse like we do with tiger ....

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

true or false , he was playing better with titleist

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

That was NOT cool or mature and everyone reading this thread knows it.

Something is going on with that guy.

Yeah I'm surprised people are defending it. Doesn't make him a bad person or anything, but slamming clubs, throwing clubs, snapping clubs. Just not cool. Nothing ruins a round of golf quite like someone losing their @&$& on the golf course.

Rory is feeling the pressure of having been the undisputed number one to now looking up at three other guys that don't appear to be going away anytime soon. The club throwing, the club snapping, the Olympic comments, the constant changing of the putting style. It's a guy searching for answers as to how to get back on top. He's still awesome, and I'm glad he's so driven to be the best. But he needs to harness it better.

true or false , he was playing better with titleist

I'm going out on a limb here, but I wonder if he regrets the move sometimes... I mean, I know, how can anyone regret that kind of money but falling down the ladder has to be killing him. Didn't he make some comment after the incident calling the club "inferior equipment" or something to that effect? I couldn't help but wonder if it was a shot at Nike for whatever reason... Either way, dude does seem to be struggling with something. I like Rors and I respect his honesty.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"