Tried a Push Cart for the First Time Today...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a Tour Trek Cube from GS last year. I didn't want to spend too much on one since there are scant few courses that are walkable in Fl. and I wanted something that folded up small. The Cube fit the bill. I ended up getting it for just over a hundy. Easy to set up and take down, like real easy. As the name suggests, it folds up into a cube. If you want something small and aren't a heavy user I would recommend it. It has worked out great for me.

Not sure if you get Big Max over in the US, but very solid engineering, easy to unfold/fold, very stable and a five year guarantee. Very pleased with mine.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Thanks for the update! Looks nice.

How'd you find it for $99? The only one I see on their site is this one.

It was on sale (web only) the first couple of weeks in June, $99 shipped.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Not bad! I love the Clicgear, but it's going to be a tough sell if I can get one of the Costco carts from a friend with his employee discount. I have to believe he'll be able to get it for $75 or so, and at that price, if it's 90% as good as the Clicgear, it's a hard to turn that down.

Thanks for posting a picture. Let me know as you play more with it. I'm curious how it'll hold up, long term.

Not bad! I love the Clicgear, but it's going to be a tough sell if I can get one of the Costco carts from a friend with his employee discount. I have to believe he'll be able to get it for $75 or so, and at that price, if it's 90% as good as the Clicgear, it's a hard to turn that down.

Thanks for posting a picture. Let me know as you play more with it. I'm curious how it'll hold up, long term.

I'm hoping it will hold up as good as my Bag Boy 3 wheeler; 8 years and starting to show it's age. I could have easily used it the rest of this year.

I don't play much........maybe 3 times a month. Pretty much a fair weather golfer so mid November thru mid February I'll only play if temp is above 60 and no wind chill effect.

Yeah........for somewhere in the $75 range it's a no-brainer. I have a lot of friends with Clicgear..........it is a very nice cart.

Yeah........for somewhere in the $75 range it's a no-brainer. I have a lot of friends with Clicgear..........it is a very nice cart.

Given that fact, do you feel like it'll hold up as well as the Clicgear? I pulled one out of the box the other day when I was looking at it (Clicgear) and I was super impressed with how robust that thing was. I'm hoping the Caddytek is similar.

Given that fact, do you feel like it'll hold up as well as the Clicgear? I pulled one out of the box the other day when I was looking at it (Clicgear) and I was super impressed with how robust that thing was. I'm hoping the Caddytek is similar.

Well, not having owned/used a Clicgear, I'm not able to make a direct comparison. The workmanship, materials, fit, and assembly are very good on the Caddytek. Only one round thus far but the operation (roll, folding/unfolding, brake, bag fit) was flawless. Handle height is easy to adjust for comfort. Didn't try the "cooler" this time out, forgot my cold drinks.

Well, not having owned/used a Clicgear, I'm not able to make a direct comparison. The workmanship, materials, fit, and assembly are very good on the Caddytek. Only one round thus far but the operation (roll, folding/unfolding, brake, bag fit) was flawless. Handle height is easy to adjust for comfort. Didn't try the "cooler" this time out, forgot my cold drinks.

Good to know. I want the Clicgear, but the smart spend is the Caddytek if I can snag it for cheap via a discount. That, or used.

I'll go out on a limb here. I've had both (although I didn't have the clic gear for long). I'll take rhe caddytek over the clic gear at any price. I found the clic gear cumbersome to open and close (the step with the front wheel flat on the ground bugged me because I opened and closed the cart in the parking lot). The caddytek is two steps to open and close and that's if you count flipping the front wheel around as a step. If I had to buy another cart, and if cost was no object, I'd still buy the caddytek. There I said it. Flame away.

No flame required, you've owned/used both; your point of view is valid. Both brands seem to be a quality product, one just happens to be a little more expensive than the other.

I agree. No flame at all. I love the quality and just about everything with the Clicgear except I wish it was just a little easier to fold and unfold. The best advice I was given for it was to stand on the side with the handles to fold it up.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

I'll go out on a limb here. I've had both (although I didn't have the clic gear for long). I'll take rhe caddytek over the clic gear at any price. I found the clic gear cumbersome to open and close (the step with the front wheel flat on the ground bugged me because I opened and closed the cart in the parking lot). The caddytek is two steps to open and close and that's if you count flipping the front wheel around as a step. If I had to buy another cart, and if cost was no object, I'd still buy the caddytek. There I said it. Flame away.

Nahhhh. Why would anyone flame you for being a responsible reviewer? This isn't a conversation about joggers, so I think you're safe!

In all honesty, I appreciate the comparison and am quite glad you chimed in. It's obvious the Clicgear is top-notch quality, but from previous and current owners of both, to hear a fair review of both products is great. It sounds to me like they're neck and neck, and I'd rather pocket a few bucks to play more golf with than have the name brand one. Warranty and durability were my main concerns, to be honest.

Thanks again for inserting your two cents!

ETA that the only thing really keeping me leaning Clicgear is size when folded down. I know it's only a few extra inches each direction, but living in 500sq feet makes every inch a priority. Knowing I need something that'll fold as compact as possible actually may sway the decision. Nearly 5" shorter folded, 2-3" more narrow means the difference in getting it into the closet or having it languish in open space. Clicgear still may win the day...but I'll keep any eye on discounts.

If space is going to be a deciding factor than the clic gear can almost always be found somewhere for about $180.

It also rolls a little easier if that adds some peace of mind.

Edit: a cheap laundry bag will work to cover your cart for storage instead of buying the wheel cover.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

Nice!! It's going to take me two months to use my new Caddytek four times. :cry: I'd like to use it four times in a month.........LOL

• 2 weeks later...

LOL........tried the umbrella holder yesterday. It was nice having some shade when walking to my shots or when waiting to play. Not sure I'd want to use in when windy though.

• 2 months later...

I have used a CaddyTek three wheeler going on 4 years now with zero issues. Had to adjust it with my new bag, but otherwise runs straight and works like the day I bought it.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

• 2 weeks later...

This thread inspired me to get my girlfriend who's just beginning to play golf a clicgear 3.5 yesterday and we walked 9 holes yesterday afternoon. I found myself pushing it while carrying my bag a few times just to help her move along (if she duffed a fairway shot, she'd just walk up the 15 yards or so and I'd push the cart and follow along). I couldn't believe how easy it was to push. I think I might wind up getting another 3.5 for me. We're in North Carolina, and as long as we get some days 45*+ with no wind, we plan on playing all thru the winter.

Anyway, it looks like the best set up is to get a cart bag and basically put the clubs in what I'd describe as backwards, so the short irons are in the part of the bag closest to the frame of the pushcart. This way the longer clubs will hang over the shorter clubs, as opposed to the shorter clubs hitting the shafts of the longer clubs. Make sense how I'm describing it? Is this how most people are setting up their bag?

I flip my clubs in my cart bag when I switch between an electric cart and my pushcart, as I like having access to the front pockets. It's a bit of a pain, but not a showstopper.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

This thread inspired me to get my girlfriend who's just beginning to play golf a clicgear 3.5 yesterday and we walked 9 holes yesterday afternoon. I found myself pushing it while carrying my bag a few times just to help her move along (if she duffed a fairway shot, she'd just walk up the 15 yards or so and I'd push the cart and follow along). I couldn't believe how easy it was to push. I think I might wind up getting another 3.5 for me. We're in North Carolina, and as long as we get some days 45*+ with no wind, we plan on playing all thru the winter.

Anyway, it looks like the best set up is to get a cart bag and basically put the clubs in what I'd describe as backwards, so the short irons are in the part of the bag closest to the frame of the pushcart. This way the longer clubs will hang over the shorter clubs, as opposed to the shorter clubs hitting the shafts of the longer clubs. Make sense how I'm describing it? Is this how most people are setting up their bag?

My club arrangement is as you described............works great!

Any experience with the Qwik Fold line from Founder's Club? They look to be of the same OEM as the CaddyTek, Top Flite 360, and a few others in the $120-$150 range. I have a line on a used one for $50 from Craig's List and I'll probably pick it up tomorrow. This will be my first push cart as I'm looking to take advantage of a local club membership that has EXTREMELY low annual fee but a very high cart rental fee... and walking more would be good as well.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]