Joseph Mayo - Trackmanmaestro

pusb365

I agree his title is misleading. It would be nice if he came on here to clear up the situation.

People are too hard on Joe on this board. Martin Chuck came on the board and defended Joe, and also debunked Joe's claim that he started playing golf a few years ago. Martin indicated he was a good player when Joe worked for him some 20 years ago.

Joe decided for some reason to come on this board and make a fictitious version of himself. It seems like he wanted tips and advice as though he were a beginner. I don't like it, but he's hardly the first to do it. Having posted on this board and stating my true ability, I can somewhat understand avoiding that.

Just judge the guy on what he does now, not what he posted on an Internet board years ago.

So he did make up a fictitious version of himself and has actually been playing for his whole life? If so, why has that not come up before? I'm really asking. The reason why this won't go away is that: (1) there is a handle that is known to be mayo's who was making posts in 09 saying he has just started playing golf and (2) mayo ended up becoming a very well known instructor a few years later. Something doesn't add up. I have never heard the explanation you have given, but is there any veracity to it? At the very least, something very strange has been going on here, and the people defending him seem to have no interest in explaining, so it just festers. That's fine, nobody owes anyone an explanation, but this will just keep coming up every time his name is mentioned unless and until there is a satisfactory explanation. If that explanation happens to be "yeh he did start in 09 but is still a great teacher," then fine, but no one even steps up and says that.

It was definitely in a thread on this site. I'll see if I can find a link.

Edit: Post 145 in this thread:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1044921-joseph-mayo-does-owning-a-trackman-qualify-someone-as-an-instructor/page__hl__%20joseph%20%20mayo__st__120

I remember that thread but it doesn't really clear it up. Martin said he was an outside service attendant, which has nothing to do with playing or teaching. He says nothing of the golfwrx posts. All that needs to happen is for someone to step up and set the record straight: either he started golfing in 09 and is now a teacher (people are free to judge that on its own merits, he could be a great teacher not saying it's impossible) or he's been playing a lot longer and made a fake screen name in which said he was new to golf, asked about track man, and trolled other instructors (again, people are free to judge that however they want). No one wants to do that though. It's all obfuscation. But it's one or the other right? Or am I still missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. Martin clearly says Joe played good golf back in 2000. Joe was trolling when he said he was a beginner.

Fair enough, so he was a blatant troll and liar but could play? I mean, I honestly never had heard that explanation before, but nothing would surprise me with this at this point. It actually does kind of explain everything, but it's still strange that no one else has really vouched for him. Can anyone else on here confirm that mayo has played a round of golf? If yes, how, and can anyone confirm any tourney scores?

Well based on the comments in this thread I didn't book any lessons with Joe and instead have booked in to Monte's London clinic. Confident I've made the right decision.

You made a wise choice, I'll leave this hear for people to look at

https://www.instagra.../p/BGF-Tf-Gb7b/

You might be unfair posting that link as we don't have a before which may have been so completely ugly that the particular swing we are seeing is a great improvement by comparison. By ugly, I mean really extremely ugly, like my 6-8 ballerina come out of the angles lunging block flip that I salvage through stupid hard timing (though I don't break my lead arm at p4).

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Well based on the comments in this thread I didn't book any lessons with Joe and instead have booked in to Monte's London clinic. Confident I've made the right decision.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGF-Tf-Gb7b/

Guarantee that's way better than before.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Apart from the fact he hits it fat and off the toe

Apart from the fact he hits it fat and off the toe

Among a raft of other things... His P4 lead arm is classic.

Based on what, or is that something we don't want to know?

I find it interesting that Chuck said that Joe worked for him in Palm Desert back in 2000. I'm going to assume that's true and that Joe has been in the game for much longer than he claimed during his initial posts on this forum.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

I find it interesting that Chuck said that Joe worked for him in Palm Desert back in 2000. I'm going to assume that's true and that Joe has been in the game for much longer than he claimed during his initial posts on this forum.

If you read it correctly he said he worked for him not with him and it wasn't on the teaching side. Mayo learnt to play golf from the stack and tilt book and the DVD and it wasn't when they first came out so that gives you a time line

If you read it correctly he said he worked for him not with him and it wasn't on the teaching side. Mayo learnt to play golf from the stack and tilt book and the DVD and it wasn't when they first came out so that gives you a time line

He was posting on the Manzella forum around the same time mainly asking about purchasing a trackman and spouting his rhetoric on here as trackman maestro before he purchased one

Based on what, or is that something we don't want to know?

The guy looks like a total beginner. I'm assuming he went from hitting slices to drawing the ball. I think Mayo is probably a phony but not sure what making fun of a beginner accomplishes. Does it make you feel better?

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Lads..enough ...we have so been here before...it's not worth the effort. Close the thread the opening poster has the opportunity to look at the links above and make their own mind up.

Why close it?

I'm still waiting to hear from some people who took lessons from him and improved as a result. That's what really matters, right?

Who here has taken lessons from him and is better for it?

Or someone could step up and give an explanation and then any further threads about Mayo wouldn't have this issue. Again, no one deserves an explanation necessarily, but it's still a very interesting situation that will obviously continue to be interesting until there's a simple, plausible explanation for this old screen name.

I guess it boils down to when he was lying, and what about. Right?

Or someone could step up and give an explanation and then any further threads about Mayo wouldn't have this issue. Again, no one deserves an explanation necessarily, but it's still a very interesting situation that will obviously continue to be interesting until there's a simple, plausible explanation for this old screen name.

I guess it boils down to when he was lying, and what about. Right?

Based on what I've seen, yes. But if someone has an alternative explanation, I'd be all ears. Instead what we get is continued obfuscation which only leads to it being talked about more.

Lads..enough ...we have so been here before...it's not worth the effort. Close the thread the opening poster has the opportunity to look at the links above and make their own mind up.

Does WRX have a new policy, that after 10 posts you get appointed as a Moderator?

Does WRX have a new policy which makes you in control after how many posts you are allowed an opinion?

It's just dull going over the same old crap.

My point was to the original poster was that there are plenty of threads already linked to which could help him/her form an opinion. You don't address that in your post can I ask you if you have any opinion on the original posters question?

since none hear have direct experience, why not discuss his ideas on the swing and preferences? Based on his videos and tweets it's clear he's big on bowing/flexing the lead wrist and appears to be partial towards a draw flight. He's pretty clear he's against 'swinging left' and has stated even for tour pros that leftward paths have nearly ended careers. His focus seems to be primarily on wrist conditions.

Given that these guys are soliciting other instructors to pay to shadow their clinics, the must assume that coaches want to teach like they do and it's worth discussing. Is promoting a draw pattern, shallow or upward AoA, optimal?

Not meant to be a pile on or character assassination.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGF-Tf-Gb7b/?taken-by=trackmanmaestro

Its his continual lying, in the comments section he says that the student hit 40 consecutive draws, well that's a lie. In fact he chucked two 20 yards in front of him and the one in the video fades, the only thing that stops it slicing so far right that even lassie couldn't find if it was wrapped in bacon is he hits it off the toe

Trackmanmaestro

I am now accepting your swings for video analysis and online instruction, $200 per lesson

Mayo says lots of people have been asking for the service ... must have been before the $200 price tag.

I'll trade ya 1 Mayo for 5 Monte or 4 Iteach onliners ...

Ping G425 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Trackmanmaestro

I am now accepting your swings for video analysis and online instruction, $200 per lesson

Mayo says lots of people have been asking for the service ... must have been before the $200 price tag.

I'll trade ya 1 Mayo for 5 Monte or 4 Iteach onliners ...

Can't imagine you would get very many takers.

Trackmanmaestro

But...but...how do you get my trackman numbers through emails?

Also I wonder for a $100 can I shawdow him on his online lesson?

I've seen joe give several lessons (around 8-10) at Summerlin to top flight amateurs and professional golfers and I only saw the trackman with him when he was helping a web.com player settle on a driver/shaft combo

I have sat behind several other top instructors that use a trackman for every lesson, the trackman usage is not an issue at all it is an extremely effective tool. It's all in how the instructor implements it and interprets the data

You made a wise choice, I'll leave this here for people to look at

The only conclusive thing i get from that video is that it's the nicest range grass ive ever seen......lush!