Joseph Mayo - Trackmanmaestro

pusb365

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

So you're saying all the people that are satisfied with Mayo's instruction are fools or are you saying that you find it easy to fool the readers here about what you say? Methinks you protest too much!

It's obvious you've been sent here by Joe to defend him. Don't insult my intelligence by acting like you have no idea what I am talking about. I personally don't care if you choose to do this, but you do realize that you are only keeping this going longer than it normally goes, right? The Mayo topics usually last about a week tops. Your posts have made this one go longer and brought more attention to it.

Mayo will never have the respect of a certain subset of posters here and every topic about him for time immemorial will mention TallVolFan/DrLoomis. There is nothing you can do about that. All you are doing is restarting the same topic of discussion that you came on here to stop.

I don't care either way, but if those posts were years ago can't someone learn and improve with time? I also don't see an issue with someone adapting philosophies if they find a better way. Would rather that then someone being stubborn and set in their ways.

I don't think the problem is with coaches improving and evolving. I think the problem some have is with someone purporting to be an expert in the field when they have no experience in the field at all.

But, look, I don't care at all. If people want to spend their money on his instruction, I don't care.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

So you're saying all the people that are satisfied with Mayo's instruction are fools or are you saying that you find it easy to fool the readers here about what you say? Methinks you protest too much!

It's obvious you've been sent here by Joe to defend him. Don't insult my intelligence by acting like you have no idea what I am talking about. I personally don't care if you choose to do this, but you do realize that you are only keeping this going longer than it normally goes, right? The Mayo topics usually last about a week tops. Your posts have made this one go longer and brought more attention to it.

Mayo will never have the respect of a certain subset of posters here and every topic about him for time immemorial will mention TallVolFan/DrLoomis. There is nothing you can do about that. All you are doing is restarting the same topic of discussion that you came on here to stop.

Well the way you put it you would think I'm the only one posting here on this topic I have like what 3 or 4 posts and some were in response to another poster also you have about the same amount of posts on this topic, and how is it possible to insult your intelligence wouldn't one need to possess such a thing in order to be insulted?

As for your assumption that I'm an agent for Mayo you are wrong but i suspect it isn't the first time for that.

It rings hollow your protest...since you yourself seem to post on the same topic every time it comes up.... which would make you what you accuse me of.... oh the irony!! Maybe you could use that brush and paint others with the same accusations that you used on me.

Give yourself an extra coat or two!

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

Well the way you put it you would think I'm the only one posting here on this topic I have like what 3 or 4 posts and some were in response to another poster also you have about the same amount of posts on this topic, and how is it possible to insult your intelligence wouldn't one need to possess such a thing in order to be insulted?

As for your assumption that I'm an agent for Mayo you are wrong but i suspect it isn't the first time for that.

It rings hollow your protest...since you yourself seem to post on the same topic every time it comes up.... which would make you what you accuse me of.... oh the irony!! Maybe you could use that brush and paint others with the same accusations that you used on me.

Give yourself an extra coat or two!

I'm not protesting anything. I like for this to come up, I've never denied that, I think it's hilarious. I was just informing you that your posts have the opposite effect.

Well I wasn't posting to stop anything or prolong anything that's something you came up with because you think I'm Mayo's buddy , but you are wrong on that assumption. I had an opinion and expressed it, that's it nothing more but thanks for the concern...i'll be ok I have a mother already. Refer to post #183 in the future for your amusement!

Well I wasn't posting to stop anything or prolong anything that's something you came up with because you think I'm Mayo's buddy , but you are wrong on that assumption. I had an opinion and expressed it, that's it nothing more but thanks for the concern...i'll be ok I have a mother already. Refer to post #183 in the future for your amusement!

You are welcome for thanking me about the concern, I always wanna look out for my fellow posters, that's all I was trying to do. Have a great week.

• 1 month later...

I will be much more interested in other topics than his Spaldings...

Do me a favor........count how many times you times you hear 'wrist conditions, wrist flexion, trail shoulder rotation, and hand path".

You're paying 2 g's to hear how it's all about wrist bow, moving hands out, laying down the shaft, and getting open.

• 2 months later...

Not sure you want to take lessons or follow the advice of someone who can't break 90.

Some people just can't... I've known some great players in all sports that are terrible coaches. For some, they just make it so simple and get annoyed when others can't physically do what they take for granted. In a coach, I'd rather someone that's put thought into it

Not sure you want to take lessons or follow the advice of someone who can't break 90.

Some people just can't... I've known some great players in all sports that are terrible coaches. For some, they just make it so simple and get annoyed when others can't physically do what they take for granted. In a coach, I'd rather someone that's put thought into it

bill belichick could barely make a varsity football team would you listen to him?

bill belichick could barely make a varsity football team would you listen to him?

Doug blevins...

That is a half comparison at best. He didn't teach brady how to throw the ball or gronk how to catch. But to your point, he is the man when it comes to coaching a team but still not really the same as coaching the swing or teaching someone to throw.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

This is BS. Belichicks dad was a college football coach and Bill hung around and learned a ton when he was a kid. He also played college football, D3 but still college football.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Maybe he spends so much time teaching he doesn't have the time to keep up his handicap !

The idea that better golfers are better teachers is unlikely.

Teaching is an art not a sport.

There are alot of good teachers that aren't amazing golfers.

I'm not sure how good or what style of teacher Jo Mayo is !

:)

They say those who teach can't play. However from what I have found, there are a lot of good instructors that can play but just can't execute as well. Meaning they have all the shots and very high golf IQ but they just mentally can't put together good rounds together all the time. It takes so much mental focus and ability to block out distractions. There are a lot of pro golfers like that as well. To me, the biggest difference between the top guys and the guys who are struggling at the top levels is not because of lack of talent or not having the shots, it is having the mental ability to focus and execute shots over and over when they need to.

That is a half comparison at best. He didn't teach brady how to throw the ball or gronk how to catch. But to your point, he is the man when it comes to coaching a team but still not really the same as coaching the swing or teaching someone to throw.

Most PGA pros did not learn the fundamentals of golf from their current coaches. Does that diminish their impact as well?

I'm just enjoying the comparison of a guy with a YouTube channel and a couple of professional clients to the greatest coach since Bill Walsh.

the point of the comparison is not about mayo's accomplishments vs. Belichick, the point is the greatest football coach of all time (arguably) was a pretty lousy football player.

the same holds true with Mike Leach who never played college football, it's just a dumb argument.

redraider1685

But Bill never tells Brady how to throw the ball. Your comparison coach to coach is not the same. Bill manages the game he is a lot closer to a caddy than a swing coach. I agree Bill is great but he is not a throw coach, I bet if Bill was Brady's arm coach we would not have ever heard of either of them.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60