Joseph Mayo - Trackmanmaestro

pusb365

This one makes me feel a little uncomfortable

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Actually MC makes some valid points in the first segment- especially about the elbows and staying down in flexion .

But when the Maestro starts in his sensationalism talking about golf swing suicide and extension pieces and again, more wrist conditions it gets a little weird.

ย 

I've grown up around the top instruction in So. California and even before d plane and ballflight laws and biomechanics I've never once heard or been taught to get maximum wrist cup and pull the club straight down when pitching or chipping. Never. JM acts like it's a systemic problem in instruction like nearly everything else he crusades against.

This one makes me feel a little uncomfortable

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Actually MC makes some valid points in the first segment- especially about the elbows and staying down in flexion .

But when the Maestro starts in his sensationalism talking about golf swing suicide and extension pieces and again, more wrist conditions it gets a little weird.

ย 

I've grown up around the top instruction in So. California and even before d plane and ballflight laws and biomechanics I've never once heard or been taught to get maximum wrist cup and pull the club straight down when pitching or chipping. Never. JM acts like it's a systemic problem in instruction like nearly everything else he crusades against.

ย 

That was my exact thought, WTF teaches max extension at the top of the left wrist? If anything, the overwhelming majority of teaching for as long as I can remember has been to have the face match the forearm plane and to have the left wrist fairly flat. Maestro is just a total tool shed.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9 ย 52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Pretty sure that video is a teaching seminar where they're instructing other coaches how to coach. He is showing the group a death move (fully extended wrist) and how it's nearly impossible to hit pitch shots from that position (a common problem with regular golfers). He certainly not advocating that to be proper form or commenting on other instructor philosophies. Pretty sure they're just talking about a common flaw and how to fix it. Doesn't seem like that controversial of a video to me.

One thing is for sure if his name or any of his pseudonyms are in the title or tag line of a golf related subject it is not going to be without comments....

On one level I feel sorry for him however I imagine he is earning quite a good living from this and like any other person using social media as their main avenue of promotion you are gonna get trolled..... wether your right or wrong.

One thing is for sure if his name or any of his pseudonyms are in the title or tag line of a golf related subject it is not going to be without comments....

On one level I feel sorry for him however I imagine he is earning quite a good living from this and like any other person using social media as their main avenue of promotion you are gonna get trolled..... wether your right or wrong.

ย 

Nothing to feel sorry about, he does really well as you said. Most of the trolling is due to his trashing of established instructors when he first came onto the scene and his attempt to sell his Spauldings on here (which the mods have erased any trace of). He'll be fine.

ย 

Nothing to feel sorry about, he does really well as you said. Most of the trolling is due to his trashing of established instructors when he first came onto the scene and his attempt to sell his Spauldings on here (which the mods have erased any trace of). He'll be fine.

ย 

I will need to google this 'spauldings' as I have no idea what this is, I did think it was something to do with spalding golf and it was a misspelling but it must be something else?

ย 

ย 

I will need to google this 'spauldings' as I have no idea what this is, I did think it was something to do with spalding golf and it was a misspelling but it must be something else?

ย 

He came on here in like 09 saying he was new to the game and trying to sell his spauldings.

Pretty sure that video is a teaching seminar where they're instructing other coaches how to coach. He is showing the group a death move (fully extended wrist) and how it's nearly impossible to hit pitch shots from that position (a common problem with regular golfers). He certainly not advocating that to be proper form or commenting on other instructor philosophies. Pretty sure they're just talking about a common flaw and how to fix it. Doesn't seem like that controversial of a video to me.

No that's not a common flaw with pitching or chipping. Full swing maybe.

ย 

And he's absolutely implying that cupping the wrist is being taught, he specifically asks how 25 caps can be asked to do this if Martin Chuck can't. Nobody teaches that.

No that's not a common flaw with pitching or chipping. Full swing maybe.

ย 

And he's absolutely implying that cupping the wrist is being taught, he specifically asks how 25 caps can be asked to do this if Martin Chuck can't. Nobody teaches that.

ย 

I rewatched the video.

ย 

At around the 3:50 mark, he says players often fully radial deviate and extend the wrist when being told to do hinge and hold or when they think they are doing hinge and hold.

ย 

At 5:40 or so, he does talk about 25 handicaps being asked to do this, and he questions how if a tour caliber player can't hit it from that position, how could a 25 handicap?

ย 

Although I have not seen the hinge and hold video, I would imagine many people could improperly end up with max extension and radial deviation when implementing the hinge portion of the method, whatever that may be. I also believe players who have that problem in their full swing (a sizeable portion) are very likely to have that same problem when hitting 30-40 meter pitches (the shot being hit in the video), as a 30-40 meter shot is a fairly big swing for a pitch, and player movement patterns are normally very similar with all length of swings and clubs throughout the bag. So I disagree with you that it is not a common problem with pitching. I agree with what Mayo says at 3:50 or so.

ย 

You are right about JM saying 25 handicaps are being taught this. At the 5:40 mark he does state that instructors are teaching this. I think Mayo is probably wrong here as I don't know any instructors who teach that specific move. However, I could see a poor instructor telling a student to "hinge their wrist" or "add wrist c0ck" and the student follows the instruction by adding max cupping without the instructor knowing the difference/noticing/caring. Whether that constitutes "being taught" that, who knows?

ย 

When Mayo says people are being taught this, I don't think he is talking about instructors who know what they are doing and who work with great players. I think he is more talking about the local assistant pro or head pro who occasionally give lessons to the 20 handicap member or beginning golfer.

• 4 months later...

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is a bad collaboration for George Gankas

ย 

I got curious and bought the thing. GG is the kind of guy who could fill a 6 hour vid by himself no problem, great info as well. The entire thing however is awkward because it's GG explaining moves and the maestro just parroting gg and claming they agree on everything in the golf swing.

I agree seems like different styles,

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour xย  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex liteย 

ย 

I got curious and bought the thing. GG is the kind of guy who could fill a 6 hour vid by himself no problem, great info as well. The entire thing however is awkward because it's GG explaining moves and the maestro just parroting gg and claming they agree on everything in the golf swing.

ย 

Mayo for his very short time in golf and learning from the stack and tilt book, he was always a proponent of sliding the hips

ย 

ย 

Mayo for his very short time in golf and learning from the stack and tilt book, he was always a proponent of sliding the hips

ย 

Evolution baby

ย 

He reminds me of a guy we brought into my company for a high level technical management position.

Knew enough to get through the interview process, but in the end was basically a con artist.

ย 

I caught on when, in front of some very high level customers, claimed to be an ex-nuclear submarine captain....

I Googled his name after the meeting and the first line said...."John Doe is a hoax"

Told a colleague of mine he spent 10 years in the Navy. LOL!

ย 

From then on every prospective candidate I see gets "Googled"

ย 

I give him credit.....he was in the right place at the right time and used his "Trackman Maestro" as a fantastic marketing tool.

The only real skill he needed was how to interpret Trackman and a basic PGA level understanding of the golf swing.

ย 

Brought in Pat Perez and made a quick swing adjustment to fix his swing path and the rest is history.

Could have been you or me. "Don't hate the Playa, hate the game"...

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I think he's great and he has some unbelievably helpful and informative videos out there. In my downswing, I've been incorporating the trail shoulder external rotation that he is always talking about and I cannot remember a time when my swing has felt any better than it does now.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

I have no clue how good of an instructor he is. He may be downright horrible, but he is very good in the way he presents information. I have no doubt that he would excel no matter what he chose to do. People with that gift tend to do very well. My father is the same way. Give him a day to learn the physics of the golf swing and Trackman and there's no doubt that he could pass himself off as an elite instructor.

Interesting that not one person who has posted criticism of this teacher has actually taken a lesson from him.

If taking a lesson from an instructor is a prerequisite to post criticism, joseph mayo must have taken a lesson from every teacher in the history of golf, the man is a fraud.

ย 

ย 

Definition of fraud in English:

ย 

ย 

Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.