Pure Grips: Funny Shape?

Hello all

Recently I bought a set of Pure pro midsize ribbed grips. As I started installing them, I noticed that they have quite a funny shape to me. They almost feel like they have a bulky knob near the butt end of the grip under the top hand and they seem to taper severely from top to bottom. Anyone else experienced this? I hate to say it, but I am pretty lazy and I don't want to build the bottom hand up to get it to feel right to me.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the Pure P2 wraps on my driver and fairways. They do taper a bit, and I build up the bottom hand with 2 strips of blue painter tape before application. I had very similar observations as you did.

I really like the P2 wraps on my woods, though not sure if I would like them on an iron...

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Hello all

Recently I bought a set of Pure pro midsize ribbed grips. As I started installing them, I noticed that they have quite a funny shape to me. They almost feel like they have a bulky knob near the butt end of the grip under the top hand and they seem to taper severely from top to bottom. Anyone else experienced this? I hate to say it, but I am pretty lazy and I don't want to build the bottom hand up to get it to feel right to me.

I noticed the same thing and as you stated I ended up building up the lower half of the grip to smooth out the aggressive taper from the top. Needless to say I loved the way the grips felt but did not use them again when it was time to re-grip. I went back to Golfpride TV midsize.

I still use the Pure Big Dog on my putter which is not going anywhere!