Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Dean Snell said it is the same ball in his thread:

it will be same ball now, very small amounts...found more overrun cores... :not_i:

There is a reason why you dont see them anymore, and anymore at that price... There is so much to this story which unfortunately cannot be told to you guys.. someday maybe you will hear the whole true story behind this.. But for now, you will not see them back as that ball again.

i think the "overrun cores" story now can be put to bed, correct?

So is this year's KSig4 the same as the 2017 version?

With the introduction of the 3 piece (2 dozen arriving today, just had to), and since this is day 4 of being able to order the 4 piece (got oodles), do we think Costco has sorted things out and the supply chain is finally up and running?

Or, do you think next spring they'll find yet another warehouse full of old overrun cores??

Let the speculation begin!

Restricting purchases to two double dozen and members only leads me to believe their supply is somewhat limited. Maybe this policy will keep them available.

Nope, just trying to stop people buying 50 boxes and then selling them for double the price on ebay.

Too late! Was browsing new listings last night and guess what was posted? That's right, quite a few K-Sig's for sale! LOL

Been playing the 4 piece balls from the get go, great ball. Got some 3 piece to try out, will try and play them this weekend and give a field report. Just chipping and putting with them at home, they feel just about the same, but have to give them some full swings to see what kind of distance and spin I'm getting.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

My shipments are waiting at my doorstep. This work day can't end soon enough.

Callaway AI Smoke Tripe Diamond 9 @ 10   - Diamana PD 6TX

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond 15 @ 14   - Diamana BF 7TX

Callaway Apex UW 17*   - Ventus Red 9X

Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22* - Tensei Orange 9X
Callaway Rogue Pro 5i   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100

Callaway Apex TCB 6i - PW   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 54F, 58K(lb)  - Dynamic Gold TI s400 Onyx

Odyssey WH OG 7ch  - Stroke Lab

Titleist ProV1x

Anyone else with some feedback on the 3pc balls? If they really are softer and have some good spin, they may be the answer for me. That's been my only gripe with the KS4 is it feels a little too clicky for me

I played a round with the 3 pc ball this am. I'm not a high spin player, and I don't back balls up much. With a new SM7 60*, short pitches hopped once or twice and stopped. I opened the club up on a 30 yd chip, landed on a slight down slope, hopped once, and stop way short of where I expected it to. BTW, home course greens have firmed up quite a bit the last 2 weeks. Two 60* bunker shots landed just short of the green(where I intended them too for once), and didn't release down the slope. Again, I was left with a longer putt that I hoped for. The 3 pc feels softer than the 4 pc, but I don't find the original to be hard or clicky. I played a handful of shots side by side with the original Ksig, and they ended up similar distance(which is common for me with any ball).

At this point I'm unsure I'll be ordering more. Not that I don't like the new 3 pc. IMHO it's a bargain, but I have a overflowing inventory right now.

Guys, the Ksig3 (Kirkland Performance+ 3 piece urethane) spins!!

I just hit 5 50ish yard pitches with 5 different balls (removing any outliers or fat shots) on my GC2 launch monitor. The club was a Cleveland 58 (a bit worn). I then pulled out the lowest spinning of each just to be sure I didn't have any outliers. The averages of the 4 remaining shots for each ball are below. I repeated the Zstar twice to see if my numbers were similar as a validation.

See attached...

The Ksig3 spun more than the Z-star and definitely outspun the Q-star Tour, which I had tested before and noticed the spin was down vs the Z-star, ProV1x, etc. The Ksig3 is softer than the Ksig4 and comparable to the Z-star 2017 version.

I have the Ksig4 as well, but it is firmer than I like. I may test it as well just to see... UPDATE: Ksig4 comes in at 6196 RPM.

UPDATE:

7-iron (165-170 yds avg) spin for the Ksig3 was higher by about 800 RPM than zstar and ksig4.

Wow if I find this to be true than this'll be by ball!

Got my new stash today and just chipping and putting the 3 pc is less clicky and putts very well.

Hope to try on the course Saturday but after reading the other review, if they are similar to the 2017 Z-Star I am stoked! BTW I also picked up 2 dozen Z-Stars today on the Masters deal in store for $20 a dozen.

Is 30 dozen balls to much ?

That is my dream. If they can be a $12/dz Z Star, I'll buy as many as I possibly can.

Couldn't agree more!

Have placed 3 orders under the same membership number with no issues. Have shipping information on each order.

Good to hear. After having placed separate orders for the 3 & 4 piece balls and receiving them both yesterday, I just placed an additional order for 2 more of each.

I received 2 orders of each yesterday and ordered again today. We'll see if it ships.

I just hit 5 50ish yard pitches with 5 different balls (removing any outliers or fat shots) on my GC2 launch monitor. The club was a Cleveland 58 (a bit worn). I then pulled out the lowest spinning of each just to be sure I didn't have any outliers. The averages of the 4 remaining shots for each ball are below. I repeated the Zstar twice to see if my numbers were similar as a validation.

See attached...

The Ksig3 spun more than the Z-star and definitely outspun the Q-star Tour, which I had tested before and noticed the spin was down vs the Z-star, ProV1x, etc. The Ksig3 is softer than the Ksig4 and comparable to the Z-star 2017 version.

I have the Ksig4 as well, but it is firmer than I like. I may test it as well just to see... UPDATE: Ksig4 comes in at 6196 RPM.

UPDATE:

7-iron (165-170 yds avg) spin for the Ksig3 was higher by about 800 RPM than zstar and ksig4.

Thank you! I ordered some K3's this time around and I share the opinion in that the Ksig is a little firmer than I like too. Looking forward to getting out on the course with these things!:D

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

See attached...

UPDATE:

I'll confirm that the new Ksig3 is a higher spinning ball than the Ksig4. Was consistently getting 500-800 rpm more with the KSig3 over the Ksig4 just on my SW.

Distance on the Ksig3 seemed to be noticeably shorter with the driver however. Have to see how it is on the course, but on my GC2 there was a noticeable distance difference between the Ksig3 and Ksig4.

See attached...

UPDATE:

I'll confirm that the new Ksig3 is a higher spinning ball than the Ksig4. Was consistently getting 500-800 rpm more with the KSig3 over the Ksig4 just on my SW.

Distance on the Ksig3 seemed to be noticeably shorter with the driver however. Have to see how it is on the course, but on my GC2 there was a noticeable distance difference between the Ksig3 and Ksig4.

What would equal noticeable distance loss?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

See attached...

UPDATE:

Details please.... for me the KSIG was longer than anything else so if the K3 is equal to other balls than it will still be a great value. If you are talking 10% distance loss, now we have a problem.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

could the ksig3 hurt you off driver and long/mid irons with excessive spin?? this is why i chose the mtb black over the red...i am a mid handi golfer so excessive spin for me can really hurt my score

Every single one of your posts is solid gold.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Received my 3 piece ball today just a few minutes before I was leaving to play a quick 9. Call them what you like but I'm going with SuperK. Maybe some of you have seen some of my posts in other areas of this forum where I profess to be not the best player but I'll give my high handicap experience with the ball. Same distance I get with pretty much any two or three piece ball but there were some differences. Pull one a bit left and hit cart path on narrow par three and it dropped next to tree just past pin high. Here's the cool part. NO SCUFFS at all. Not one tiny little scrape no matter how hard I looked of felt the ball. Next pushed one straight right off the driver into a tree and the golf gods let it come left back into the fairway. Again no marks at all and the ball still looked new. Durability is definitely there and better than a lot of the cheap balls I play. And spin, Oh, let me tell you about the spin. On two 25 to 30 yard chips with a well worn Ping Eye2 lob wedge, drop and stop next to the pin. Yeah baby, for me that is incredible. Shot a 46 which is a pretty good nine for me I only ordered two dozen to try out. Now I am attempting to order 4 more. If only they could keep me from 3 and 4 putting.

Edit: Just saw a question about dispersion. My left/right shots had nothing to do with the ball. A well swung club put the ball where I wanted it to go.

Received my 3 piece ball today just a few minutes before I was leaving to play a quick 9. Call them what you like but I'm going with SuperK. Maybe some of you have seen some of my posts in other areas of this forum where I profess to be not the best player but I'll give my high handicap experience with the ball. Same distance I get with pretty much any two or three piece ball but there were some differences. Pull one a bit left and hit cart path on narrow par three and it dropped next to tree just past pin high. Here's the cool part. NO SCUFFS at all. Not one tiny little scrape no matter how hard I looked of felt the ball. Next pushed one straight right off the driver into a tree and the golf gods let it come left back into the fairway. Again no marks at all and the ball still looked new. Durability is definitely there and better than a lot of the cheap balls I play. And spin, Oh, let me tell you about the spin. On two 25 to 30 yard chips with a well worn Ping Eye2 lob wedge, drop and stop next to the pin. Yeah baby, for me that is incredible. Shot a 46 which is a pretty good nine for me I only ordered two dozen to try out. Now I am attempting to order 4 more. If only they could keep me from 3 and 4 putting.

Edit: Just saw a question about dispersion. My left/right shots had nothing to do with the ball. A well swung club put the ball where I wanted it to go.

How was it distance/dispersion-wise off driver? That's my one main concern...

How was it distance/dispersion-wise off driver? That's my one main concern...

On the two holes I hit a driver, one was down the middle and one was pushed right into a tree. No slice, no hook but I usually tee off with 3 wood or 4 iron because I'm not real good with the big one.