Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

THIS IS TOO GOOD. I always joked with my buddies from college and high school how sick it would be to have the full Kirkland Signature sponsorship. The whole golf bag, every club, glove, ball, tee etc... would all be by Kirkland Signature. Then the clothing, then your food would be a chicken bake or hot dog from the food court to boot! 

Big ups on Costco though, would love to hear some feedback about the putter and the wedges. Let's hope they make drivers, utilities, woods, and irons soon and they need to bring back their legendary 4 piece ball that made all the big boy brands retaliate! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, well that clears everything up.  Thanks for the insight.

I bought the v2 last week just to test vs v1 on my SkyTrak. For me, the v1 was always a club short vs balls like TP5 and Z star. The culprit was always more spin and ball speed was 1-2 mph slower. Did

Played 18 with the 3 piece v2.0 today.  The cover feels different that the og, I thought that it felt more like what a “better” named ball would feel. Distance off my drives were better that wi

Posted Images

On 10/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, North Butte said:

Just to make sure my memory is correct from four years ago, are these the original 4pc balls circa 2016-2017?

IMG_1495.jpg.4bbcf58e8688a85bebe04b040e29eee8.jpgIMG_1494.jpg.d016ad3f0f532c0c56000c85715e7ffa.jpg

There's a course at the beach I play several times a year and I always seems to lose at least a sleeve of balls there (sometimes much, much more when it's windy). So I wanted to stock up on some decent used balls that I wouldn't worry about losing down there.

GolfBallsDirect.com had a sale last week and I picked up 8 dozen mint condition for about 71 bucks, shipped. At 75 cents a ball I don't care how many of them end up in a lateral hazard, other than the added stroke on my score of course.

I'm hoping these are the original ball, I remember they performed quite well for me when I tried a test sleeve kindly provided to me by a friend. If they aren't the original, they will still serve my purposes over my next few beach trips.

By the way, I grabbed a random few handfuls of balls out of the bag and the ones I looked at were all pristine. GolfBallsDirect's 5A quality seems as promised. 

I bought 8 dz from them several months ago. I still have a lot of BNIB balls but I wanted to keep a good supply on hand. The used ones look and play like new. 

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

9 hours ago, RSinSG said:

I bought 8 dz from them several months ago. I still have a lot of BNIB balls but I wanted to keep a good supply on hand. The used ones look and play like new. 

I've played a couple rounds with my newly-acquired used ones and even moreso than I recalled from when I originally tried a sleeve, they are very Pro V1x-like. And at least the few balls I've had it play show no visible or performance signs of being used.

The Pro V1x has always seemed to fly higher off my driver than any other ball and I'm not sure the OG K-Sig does that, it's probably more what I'd call "normal" than "extra-high" driver flight.

But otherwise, it's close enough to being a clone as you're going to find. All my distances with each club are the same, the ball flies about where I am used to seeing it off irons and wedges and it sounds and feels just like I'm used to with Pro V1x.

Pity they couldn't keep churning these out year after year for 30 bucks a double-dozen or whatever it was.  It's a far, far better ball (even used) than the current 3pc which is rather weak sauce, by comparison. 

Of course after talking about how many balls I lose every time I play this particular course, after two rounds I'm down two balls. And one of those ended up in a water hazard from which a guy I was playing with fished it out. I thanked him and told him to keep it since he'd never seen a KIRKLAND ball before. 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, North Butte said:

Just to make sure my memory is correct from four years ago, are these the original 4pc balls circa 2016-2017?

IMG_1495.jpg.4bbcf58e8688a85bebe04b040e29eee8.jpgIMG_1494.jpg.d016ad3f0f532c0c56000c85715e7ffa.jpg

There's a course at the beach I play several times a year and I always seems to lose at least a sleeve of balls there (sometimes much, much more when it's windy). So I wanted to stock up on some decent used balls that I wouldn't worry about losing down there.

GolfBallsDirect.com had a sale last week and I picked up 8 dozen mint condition for about 71 bucks, shipped. At 75 cents a ball I don't care how many of them end up in a lateral hazard, other than the added stroke on my score of course.

I'm hoping these are the original ball, I remember they performed quite well for me when I tried a test sleeve kindly provided to me by a friend. If they aren't the original, they will still serve my purposes over my next few beach trips.

By the way, I grabbed a random few handfuls of balls out of the bag and the ones I looked at were all pristine. GolfBallsDirect's 5A quality seems as promised. 

This is something of a conversion! May the KSigs be with you, my brother.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:51 PM, Bad9 said:

I love the feel and short game performance of the 3 piece but lose too much off the tee. As a shorter hitter I can't afford to give up tee distance. I find the QST and Duo Pro give me more distance off the tee(especially the Duo Pro) but don't quite feel as good(although they don't feel bad) or check as much around the green. Once I adjust for a little more roll out either works very well for me.

Are you still using the srixon QST?  I've got quite a few 3-piece Ksigs but am considering trying something new.  I like them and am not good enough to definitively say I would benefit from a ProV1/TP5 level ball but they do get hung up in the wind and don't last too long.  I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place because I was benefitting from a little extra height from the iron shot spin but less spin off the tee might help hit more fairways.  Swing speed is in the 100 mph range and due to previous work on spine angle trajectory is about mid (90-100 ft apex)  Srixon balls have caught my eye, Q-star tour seems lower spin/higher launch which might still work for me.  Wanted to hear some thoughts since lower spin can be a double edged sword for me.

I tried to return 5 double dozen boxes of the OG KSIG at Costco last night. Customer service rep talked me out of it. 

Edited by trackcoach13
  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

On 10/10/2020 at 8:24 PM, North Butte said:

I've played a couple rounds with my newly-acquired used ones and even moreso than I recalled from when I originally tried a sleeve, they are very Pro V1x-like. And at least the few balls I've had it play show no visible or performance signs of being used.

The Pro V1x has always seemed to fly higher off my driver than any other ball and I'm not sure the OG K-Sig does that, it's probably more what I'd call "normal" than "extra-high" driver flight.

But otherwise, it's close enough to being a clone as you're going to find. All my distances with each club are the same, the ball flies about where I am used to seeing it off irons and wedges and it sounds and feels just like I'm used to with Pro V1x.

Pity they couldn't keep churning these out year after year for 30 bucks a double-dozen or whatever it was.  It's a far, far better ball (even used) than the current 3pc which is rather weak sauce, by comparison. 

Of course after talking about how many balls I lose every time I play this particular course, after two rounds I'm down two balls. And one of those ended up in a water hazard from which a guy I was playing with fished it out. I thanked him and told him to keep it since he'd never seen a KIRKLAND ball before. 

I was back to my home course playing my usual Pro V1x today after four rounds on vacation with the OG K-Sig. Again I was struck by how very similar the sound, feel, distance and even trajectory are between them. For a hack like me, might as well say they play identical. I did have a couple of wedge shots today that seemed to spin a lot, probably more than the K-Sig did in my previous rounds. But heck, I might just have struck them more crisply than usual. Otherwise, nothing much in it between them. 

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

Oblivious to all in the K-Sig wedge thread, the new 3 pc has been seen in the wild...

121662825_391210341892915_741604716614098823_n.jpg.8ce8c814b29016f50328ae16427f0852.jpg

I did not notice that those balls to the left appear to be the new 3-pc. I never even realized it reading that thread.  Looks like called 3-pc V2.

Edited by trackcoach13

19 minutes ago, ThreeBoxers said:

Anyone have any info on the k-sig 3-piece V2? My wife picked up a box for me earlier today figuring I’d want to try them out. 
I’ve been gaming the first 3 piece for a while and have recently started considering moving to something else. This new version is throwing kinks into things...

Is it possible to post a picture of the front and back of the box? Also, the side stamp on the ball, etc???

Edited by trackcoach13

1 hour ago, ThreeBoxers said:

side stamp is the same as first K3. Text looks a little crisper. 

A84B58CD-6396-4373-98AF-CE255D639670.jpeg

B85F42A0-66C1-4CFD-96F2-6CD503C17919.jpeg

B0629CF5-5B10-4861-AE2B-14BB38EACDA3.jpeg

Interesting. If it really is the new 3 piece ball why would they use the same side stamp? I'm of the understanding that if a ball is changed it requires a new side stamp. There is another 3 piece ball on the conforming list that contains a new side stamp. I posted it to trackcoach13.

Edited by grm24

Hmmmm.  The front of the old box is the same except there is green around the ball instead of red as above.  As for the back, it's a little differernt.  The ball construction photo has the same description as the old ball, but the colors are different. Also, the UPC code is different. The balls do, indeed, have the same side stamp.  Same ball with an updated box it seems.  Strange considering a new ball is supposed to be released this month.  

Edited by soregongolfer

I hadn't compared the two boxes, but it is a little confusing to see that a new ball is on the conforming list with a new sidestamp but this seems to be the same one.  I'm on the fence about whether to even try them or not since I was basically set on switching to a new ball.  The K3 V2 would have to be significantly different than the first K3 in order for me to consider them... 

Curious as others are to see if it really is new imporoved V2, and if there are any noticeable differences.  I hope it's not just a fancy new box though.  Does the cover feel the same?  I did not like the original K3 as the cover seemed to be way too thick so it kinda messed with the feel and sound a bit for me.

But yes, if someone can cut one open, that'll be pretty nice.

43 minutes ago, jpdx said:

But IF the plan is to have it come off...could the stamp be reused? Doesn’t matter though as I checked the conforming list and saw two different side stamp for a 3pc ball even more confused now...

690DA005-DD6C-4AB0-9AFE-3F04DE6C2668.jpeg

That was brought up earlier in this thread. The other 3 piece ball has been on the conforming ball list for months. Per the front page WRX article on the new Kirkland balls a new 3 piece is set to be released late this month.

http://www.golfwrx.com/630686/golfwrx-exclusive-costco-kirkland-signature-wedge-set-coming-soon-plus-new-balls-for-2021/

As for reusing the side stamp I'm not sure it it can be but it would seem odd to reuse it especially if a newer ball is significantly different. How would you be able to differentiate them? Perhaps @Snell Golf can chime in.

34 minutes ago, grm24 said:

That was brought up earlier in this thread. The other 3 piece ball has been on the conforming ball list for months. Per the front page WRX article on the new Kirkland balls a new 3 piece is set to be released late this month.

http://www.golfwrx.com/630686/golfwrx-exclusive-costco-kirkland-signature-wedge-set-coming-soon-plus-new-balls-for-2021/

As for reusing the side stamp I'm not sure it it can be but it would seem odd to reuse it especially if a newer ball is significantly different. How would you be able to differentiate them? Perhaps @Snell Golf can chime in.

Submissions to the USGA expire after 12 months. Any stamps that you see on the list longer than that have been resubmitted for conformance testing, so yes it is possible that a company would reuse a stamp for a different ball as long as the stamp was not already on the list at the time of submission.

• Like 1