Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

On 10/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, jpdx said:

I had time only for some short game work. Not a single shot greater than 30yds. 

I brought out a sleeve of new v1  and a sleeve of v2. I made a small mark in one dimple to be able to tell the difference. 

Feel is very similar on all chips and short pitches. I tried to challenge myself “which ball did I just hit” I couldn’t really from feel, tell which one was which from short fringe chips to roughly 30yd pitches.

Spin on both balls were very similar. But looking at the result and see how they reacted on the green, the v2 spun a little less and had a little more roll. Not significant as well struck chips both ended up manageable. 

off the putter I had 12 putts - it was getting dark with no lights and I wanted some putts before I couldn’t really see. Approx 4 ft and approx 9 feet. I did better with guessing which ball was which. I believe that it feels a smidge softer. But is small enough of a difference to me that unless I was paying attention specifically to that, I wouldn’t be able to tell. 

I may get out tomorrow so hopefully get an idea of of irons and driver. this is where I personally disliked the v1 ball and hope this is an improvement. 

Got out for 18 the other day. I didn’t really “test” on a comparison basis, but did play the v2. I feel it’s more of the same lost distance on wedges and irons. Then again, I wasn’t striking particularly well, and it’s been cooler here so that may have attributed to the distance loss I was experiencing. Driver distance loss seems to be better in that I’m losing as less than than v1, but seems to be a bit shorter. 

again, I wasn’t hitting particularly well so I’ll have to have another go at it - hopefully soon. Would to you hear your thoughts  @TravAz and others as well soon!

Well crap.  I went to a Costco while travelling.  Got excited when I saw the putter (unfortunately it's a bit short for my taste) right up front, and the wedges when I walked back to the sports stuff, but the only balls I saw were Callaway and the old school 3 piece.  I went back up front thinking maybe I missed them around the putters and while walking up there I saw a pallet of the V2 up above on the shelves.  I asked someone about them, and after he helped me look around for a bit he got on the radio and was told they weren't allowed to sell the V2 until they sold all of the old one.  So close, yet struck out.

• Sad 1

Sto Pro Veritate

6 hours ago, Girevik said:

Well crap.  I went to a Costco while travelling.  Got excited when I saw the putter (unfortunately it's a bit short for my taste) right up front, and the wedges when I walked back to the sports stuff, but the only balls I saw were Callaway and the old school 3 piece.  I went back up front thinking maybe I missed them around the putters and while walking up there I saw a pallet of the V2 up above on the shelves.  I asked someone about them, and after he helped me look around for a bit he got on the radio and was told they weren't allowed to sell the V2 until they sold all of the old one.  So close, yet struck out.

So they'll allow you to buy an item, use it and abuse it then return it...But they won't break open a new pallet? Hm

18 hours ago, Stanks said:

So they'll allow you to buy an item, use it and abuse it then return it...But they won't break open a new pallet? Hm

The best return story I have ever heard in regards to Costco was of a woman who returned a Christmas tree after the first of the year.  When asked why she brought it back, she stated, "Because it's dead,"  When told it was dead when she bought it, she continued by stating she wanted a refund.  Eventually she got it.  The nerve of some people.  

Edited by soregongolfer

3 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

The best return story I have ever heard in regards to Costco was of a woman who returned a Christmas tree after the first of the year.  When asked why she brought it back, she stated, "Because it's dead,"  When told it was dead when she bough itt, she continued by stating she wanted a refund.  Eventually she got it.  The nerve of some people.  

My favorite is how Costco dealt with the woman who had a ridiculous number of returned items, over several years.  She was attempting to return a printer she'd bought eight years previously, and was refused, due to the large number of returns.  Refunded her membership fee.

The letter was a lovely touch:  "It is apparent from a review of your membership account that you are not happy with the products you have purchased from Costco, and we are unable to satisfy you as a member."

🙂

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), NV75 X -or- SpeedZone 10.5*, Aldila ProtoPype 80S, <44" TBD

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, RIP Tour 115 R
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5, Chrome Soft custom TruVis

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

13 hours ago, Stanks said:

Yeah, I was a bit surprised given their normal over the top customer support.

I'm assuming this means that any store that still has the OG 3 piece probably wont see the V2 broken out until they're gone.  I'm disappointed, but probably don't have many (of any) rounds of golf left this year.

Sto Pro Veritate

4 hours ago, Girevik said:

Yeah, I was a bit surprised given their normal over the top customer support.

I'm assuming this means that any store that still has the OG 3 piece probably wont see the V2 broken out until they're gone.  I'm disappointed, but probably don't have many (of any) rounds of golf left this year.

Mine had v1 and v2 next to each other. That’s odd they would get them. Something else is up...

Edited by jpdx

10 hours ago, Hateto3Putt said:

That's why Costco stopped allowing returns on Christmas trees.

A few years back, they also instituted a 90 day return policy on electronics. People were abusing those returns as well.

They had a huge issue with big screen TVs.  People would buy them just before the Super Bowl and take them back after the game.  

1 hour ago, jbsg02 said:

Saw the V2.0 today but held off on buying any until I see some reviews and comparisons to the other 3pc kirkland

Can I ask where? Here in NJ I have seen nothing in terms of golf (balls, putter, wedges)

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I was in the Costco in Orland Park Il yesterday and no golf items to be seen anywhere.

I know they usually put some stuff out after Thanksgiving for Christmas.

Callaway Rogue/Epic depending on my mood

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

22 minutes ago, Joe S said:

We had a pallet of the V2's here in Louisville, KY.  We usually don't have golf balls this time of year.  I picked up a double dozen.  It's probably the same ball, but you never know.  

scroll back a page, and you'll see both versions cut open. Clearly a different ball.

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, gioreeko said:

scroll back a page, and you'll see both versions cut open. Clearly a different ball.

Different colors doesn't make it a different ball.  Same side stamp suggests no change in playing characteristics.  Why the box was labeled V2 I do not know but perhaps they ran out of old boxes so they used the new ones.  This thinking suggests the V2 is really the one with the new side stamp:

<< Performance +>>.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 3:57 PM, Girevik said:

So after all that, I was in my local Costo today, and low and behold they had a whole slew of the new ball.  I went ahead and picked up a couple double dozen but may end up returning one or both of them depending on the status of the new 4 piece and how much if any golf I'm able to play this year.

This seems to kind of debunk the idea that only warmer climates are getting them.  Between the weather and the time change, our golf season is more or less over at this point. 

• Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

2 hours ago, dasams said:

Different colors doesn't make it a different ball.  Same side stamp suggests no change in playing characteristics.  Why the box was labeled V2 I do not know but perhaps they ran out of old boxes so they used the new ones.  This thinking suggests the V2 is really the one with the new side stamp:

<< Performance +>>.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm no expert on ball construction, but I thought others had pointed out differences other than just the color (ratio of the layers, thickness of the cover, etc).  I would think putting the old ball in a "V2" box would borderline on false advertising and make them open to action.  But either way it seems either the new ball has the old stamp, or old ball was packaged in the new box.  Neither is a good look after the 4 piece fiasco. 

Sto Pro Veritate

54 minutes ago, Girevik said:

So after all that, I was in my local Costo today, and low and behold they had a whole slew of the new ball.  I went ahead and picked up a couple double dozen but may end up returning one or both of them depending on the status of the new 4 piece and how much if any golf I'm able to play this year.

This seems to kind of debunk the idea that only warmer climates are getting them.  Between the weather and the time change, our golf season is more or less over at this point. 

What part of the country are in?

3 hours ago, dasams said:

<< Performance +>>.

Your logic is flawed and you are wrong.

• Like 2