2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

5 hours ago, madeintheshade said:

Only 12 dozen? How will i get through the season?

“Do you even golf bro??” Lol #humblebrag coming.

12 might get me through a “season”. I played 144 rounds on my membership in 2020 I know I played more outside of my membership (unfortunately not a CC). Covid was good for golf. Not good for work. 😂 I’d guess 180 rounds in total. 

and thank goodness I had Costco for golf balls - 3pc in the winter, my hoarded 4pc in the summer.  

Edited by jpdx

I'm guessing the new 4pc will sell out within a few days unless they restrict it to members only initially (max 2-3) at a time. It's got to be frustrating being a member and not getting the opportunity to try them out. If there is plenty of stock after a month then take off the restrictions. Just give paying members a chance first which seemed like a common gripe the first 4pc release. Still have 1 dozen left of the original to burn thru when winters over. 

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

2 hours ago, tomuch23 said:

I'm guessing the new 4pc will sell out within a few days unless they restrict it to members only initially (max 2-3) at a time. It's got to be frustrating being a member and not getting the opportunity to try them out. If there is plenty of stock after a month then take off the restrictions. Just give paying members a chance first which seemed like a common gripe the first 4pc release. Still have 1 dozen left of the original to burn thru when winters over. 

Hypothetical. Costco and Kirkland are not dumb. There will be restrictions, as there is on many Costco items but, at a great price, that comes with the territory. Keep this in mind when you lose ball, go in the woods to find it, then come out with 3 - 4 different branded balls that you didn't pay for. The originals weren't good (contrary to popular belief). The original 3 piece sucked. Second gen gold box was what it was. V2 3 piece is actually very decent. The next 4 piece will satisfy you. I can attest to that. Just understand what supply chain is vs. the cost of being a member of Costco vs. understanding that this ball is just as decent in the right applications as most any other budget ball out there. 

Snell, Vice, and Cut make a better ball than Kirkland, but, more costly. 

6 hours ago, Stanks said:

Hypothetical. Costco and Kirkland are not dumb. There will be restrictions, as there is on many Costco items but, at a great price, that comes with the territory. Keep this in mind when you lose ball, go in the woods to find it, then come out with 3 - 4 different branded balls that you didn't pay for. The originals weren't good (contrary to popular belief). The original 3 piece sucked. Second gen gold box was what it was. V2 3 piece is actually very decent. The next 4 piece will satisfy you. I can attest to that. Just understand what supply chain is vs. the cost of being a member of Costco vs. understanding that this ball is just as decent in the right applications as most any other budget ball out there. 

Snell, Vice, and Cut make a better ball than Kirkland, but, more costly. 

For clarification purposes, is "very decent" <, = or > than "will satisfy you?"

Also, why are saying original 4-pc was not good? 

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I agree.  I’ve played the original 4-piece up to 10 rounds, after hearing the Titleist claim that the original 4-piece wasn’t durable, as was being advertised by Costco.  Was this not a part of the original Titleist suit against Costco?  

Granted, the ball looked pretty dull after so many rounds, but it was still entirely serviceable, had I wanted to continue playing it.  

I’m normally a ProV1 player, and I find the durability of the original Kirkland 4-piece to be better than it.  I still buy the darned things on ebay, paying twice what I paid direct from Costco, because I haven’t found anything else that has as good a combination of performance and durability.   

• Like 2

HA!  Durability ?? 

Even if I am lucky enough , I don't play a ball past 2 rounds.  Even Srixon yellow XV's which are the most durable I have played  are pretty jacked after 36 holes.   Still playable but they go into the shag at that point. 

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

3 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

False! I've been able to play to OG for up to 10 rounds in the past. With this thinking, I guess there's an awful lot of Pro V1 iterations which stink. Banging balls off trees and cart paths will mark up any ball.  

YMMV. Trees? Occasionally. Cart paths? Sometimes. But, if I'm in a bunker and cutting a ball on it's first go, forget it. Garbage. The V2 3 piece isn't bad, again. 

3 hours ago, RSinSG said:

Being the proud owner of (now) 6 double dozen Original 4 piece ball I don't understand the criticism bout durability. Ive been playing with them pretty much exclusively since they were originally released and they are as durable as any ball I've played. I mark them with a blue line and when the line gets  worn i give the ball a closer look. Sometimes they go to the shag bag but often I just reapply the Sharpie. For the price it amazes me that people have anything bad to say about them.

St. George Utah? Man I miss living there. I'm in Ogden now where winters suck hahahaha. Did the Costco down there have them when the OG K-sig came out?

Durability is a funny thing.  I've never had durability issues with any of the Costco balls.  Especially the original four piece.  Vice's Pro Plus ball is the most non-durable ball I've ever used.  It didn't cut up or anything, but he cover lost its luster quickly.  The original TP5 had a cover that scuffed easily for me.  I haven't bought a Taylormade ball since because of it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beansy said:

St. George Utah? Man I miss living there. I'm in Ogden now where winters suck hahahaha. Did the Costco down there have them when the OG K-sig came out?

They did and I stocked up. Ogden is pretty bleak compared to SG. Sorry.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

For me in terms of cover durability in my experience.

Snell MTBx = Bridgestone Tour BX > TP5x > Ksig OG >>> Pro V1x > 3p Ksig > Vice PP

The Vice and 3p scuffed like a mother and the ProV1x wasn't much better. 

• Like 1

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

9 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

Durability is a funny thing.  I've never had durability issues with any of the Costco balls.  Especially the original four piece.  Vice's Pro Plus ball is the most non-durable ball I've ever used.  It didn't cut up or anything, but he cover lost its luster quickly.  The original TP5 had a cover that scuffed easily for me.  I haven't bought a Taylormade ball since because of it.  

True on all accounts. Durability is a subjective statement. So, when I was playing original 4 Piece KSIG, and I still don't condone buying them for the price they're being sold for (and I rather support a real golf company), I was swinging hard and steep on a lot of shots. Not to mention, relatively new wedges with maybe sharper than average groove. That will cut and scuff a ball. Some can hang and some can't. The OG KSIG didn't hold. The 3 piece sucked too. The gold box, well we know what happened there. 

Agreed on original Vice Pro Plus. Bad durability ball. Original TP5 was as bad as OG KSIG. Latest model was good on the white versions but Yellow TP5 / X were as bad as gold box KSIG...And that is saying something. 

Oddly enough, I've used most every model PROV1 / X in the past 3 - 4 versions including Left Dash and a few other versions not released and durability was always solid. I actually say that ProV1s and Bridgestones TOUR BX / S of the past 3 years are what all other companies should strive for in terms of durability. Chromesoft as well. 

So, I'll say it again, new KSIG is coming. It'll be better. But it won't be the same as the last gen or the OG. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squanchy69 said:

According to my friend who’s a manager at Costco they should start rolling out mid to late February 

Is he from Q ?  lmao 

• Haha 2

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

9 hours ago, Squanchy69 said:

According to my friend who’s a manager at Costco they should start rolling out mid to late February 

Usually these products first appear @ select stores or new store locations.  Wonder if mid-late February is first drop or full rollout. 

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

The Costco's on Long Island (NY) NEVER get golf stuff other than the gloves.  I consistently check 3 different locations that are proximate to me.  Had to order the wedges from the website.  The website still shows the KSig V1 box with the green color scheme so it's a hard no on the ball purchase unless I can know for certain I'm getting the V2 with the red color scheme on the box.

Edited by wantacigar
added to the comment

12 hours ago, Stanks said:

True on all accounts. Durability is a subjective statement. So, when I was playing original 4 Piece KSIG, and I still don't condone buying them for the price they're being sold for (and I rather support a real golf company), I was swinging hard and steep on a lot of shots. Not to mention, relatively new wedges with maybe sharper than average groove. That will cut and scuff a ball. Some can hang and some can't. The OG KSIG didn't hold. The 3 piece sucked too. The gold box, well we know what happened there. 

Agreed on original Vice Pro Plus. Bad durability ball. Original TP5 was as bad as OG KSIG. Latest model was good on the white versions but Yellow TP5 / X were as bad as gold box KSIG...And that is saying something. 

Oddly enough, I've used most every model PROV1 / X in the past 3 - 4 versions including Left Dash and a few other versions not released and durability was always solid. I actually say that ProV1s and Bridgestones TOUR BX / S of the past 3 years are what all other companies should strive for in terms of durability. Chromesoft as well. 

So, I'll say it again, new KSIG is coming. It'll be better. But it won't be the same as the last gen or the OG. 

I know it's YMMV but I still find the current Pro V1s to scuff too easily. For being the most expensive ball, to last me 3-4 holes AT BEST is just dog water.

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

45 minutes ago, lhahn said:

I know it's YMMV but I still find the current Pro V1s to scuff too easily. For being the most expensive ball, to last me 3-4 holes AT BEST is just dog water.

Current as in the one released yesterday or prior gen? I didn’t notice or feel any of that personally but, I have slowed my swing way down and have been far less steep than my earlier years. 

7 minutes ago, jdang307 said:

I saw some in Costco in Orange County but didn't pick any up. For $5 shipping per box I'll go look again lol.

I've seen them all over. Anaheim Hills, Tustin, Fullerton.....  Plenty to be had in store. 

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

2 hours ago, jdang307 said:

Headed to the one next to the PGA store so I can hit some drivers. 😄

That store usually gets stuff early also.  Look out for the new 4 pc and let me know if you see them.  Good luck!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow