Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

29 minutes ago, launcher said:

Travis Mathew at Costco? The one problem I have with Costco is, I question the authenticity of some high end brands, particularly clothing. Every time I've seen golf clothing for example, i.e.: Callaway, Sunice. The logo is on there, but the quality of the clothing is way off. I think they are liscencing the brand name, but making the clothes on the cheap. 

I hope you’re wrong because I ordered the quarter zip 😬

I will also note I get emails from proozy.com and they have been selling a lot of TM stuff for cheap. 

TaylorMade SIM 9
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3W 14

Srixon ZXU 2 iron

Srixon ZX 4 hybrid
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Evnroll ER8v
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

1 hour ago, launcher said:

Travis Mathew at Costco? The one problem I have with Costco is, I question the authenticity of some high end brands, particularly clothing. Every time I've seen golf clothing for example, i.e.: Callaway, Sunice. The logo is on there, but the quality of the clothing is way off. I think they are liscencing the brand name, but making the clothes on the cheap. 

Unfounded speculation.  Where is your evidence that there is such collusion?  

Common sense suggests that no company with a decent brand to protect is going to farm-out their brand and let a retailer wreak havoc on it with inferior merchandise.  Don’t reputable brands do exactly the opposite, which is to say, protect their brands?  Sure there are brands that over time get cheapened.  And there are brands that put different quality into different distribution channels.  And in the end their reputation suffers.  But this sort of behavior is more on the brand than any sort of weird collusion with the retailer.

We saw with Costco’s behavior on the second generation 4-piece what it will do to protect *it’s* brand and ensure that customers are treated well.  And all Costco members have returned merchandise to Costco and understand that there is no better company in the business for standing behind what it sells and trying to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction. It makes no sense to believe that Costco is going to engage in schlock business practices.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, torbill said:

Common sense suggests that no company with a decent brand to protect is going to farm-out their brand and let a retailer wreak havoc on it with inferior merchandise.  Don’t reputable brands do exactly the opposite, which is to say, protect their brands?  Sure there are brands that over time get cheapened.  And there are brands that put different quality into different distribution channels.  And in the end their reputation suffers.  But this sort of behavior is more on the brand than any sort of weird collusion with the retailer.

We saw with Costco’s behavior on the second generation 4-piece what it will do to protect *it’s* brand and ensure that customers are treated well.  And all Costco members have returned merchandise to Costco and understand that there is no better company in the business for standing behind what it sells and trying to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction. It makes no sense to believe that Costco is going to engage in schlock business practices.   

It is unfounded. I bought a TM polo and it was the same exact quality as my local golf shop. It was such a great deal I would have bought way more in hindsight. 

3 hours ago, launcher said:

It seems more likely (to me) that these are sometimes factory overruns, and possibly even factory seconds that are sometimes also sold in Outlet locations.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), NV75 X -or- SpeedZone 10.5*, Aldila ProtoPype 80S, <44" TBD

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5, Chrome Soft custom TruVis

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

5 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

It seems more likely (to me) that these are sometimes factory overruns, and possibly even factory seconds that are sometimes also sold in Outlet locations.

Wow, this thread is getting even weirder.  Now we have notions of Costco bilking its members by selling them factory seconds. Evidence?  None, of course.  Critical thinking?  None, of course, because it’s obvious that the reputation that Costco has spent the last 30 years would be destroyed in about 12 nanoseconds if they ever got exposed for selling seconds as firsts. And over what?  Polo shirts?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSinSG said:

I think it’s odd that there have been some posters who have been very anti-Costco since the very beginnings of this thread. No amount of explanation or presentation of evidence seem to have any effect on them. My dad used to say some people’s minds are like cement- all mixed up and permanently set. 

How anyone can be anti Costco is mind blowing. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, torbill said:

No evidence. I believe I said that "I question" the authenticity. I have seen brand names on low end quality products,  meant to be sold cheaper, as a way of getting a more widespread recognition. 

Last year, my local Costco was selling Sunice golf shorts for $!0 a pair. The material and quality were a match to several other Costco in house somewhat no-name brands. These were not made by Sunice. 

As a company, I've always been a big Costco supporter. No company stands behind their products better than Costco. I will purposely buy things at Costco at a higher price, just for the peace of mind and that assurance. Particularly appliances and electronics. Saying that, I've returned very, very few items over the last 25+ years. My post wasn't meant to be anti-Costco, and I'm not a disgruntled Costco member. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-X 10.5

Mizuno ST-Z 15d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

WIlson Staff C300 forged 4-pw

Srixon U-85 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

27 minutes ago, launcher said:

No evidence. I believe I said that "I question" the authenticity. I have seen brand names on low end quality products,  meant to be sold cheaper, as a way of getting a more widespread recognition. 

Last year, my local Costco was selling Sunice golf shorts for $!0 a pair. The material and quality were a match to several other Costco in house somewhat no-name brands. These were not made by Sunice. 

As a company, I've always been a big Costco supporter. No company stands behind their products better than Costco. I will purposely buy things at Costco at a higher price, just for the peace of mind and that assurance. Particularly appliances and electronics. Saying that, I've returned very, very few items over the last 25+ years. My post wasn't meant to be anti-Costco, and I'm not a disgruntled Costco member. 

Fair enough! 😉

7 hours ago, launcher said:

Are you claiming Costco sold counterfeit Sunice shorts?  Do you also think the moon landing was faked? 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RSinSG said:

I think it’s odd that there have been some posters who have been very anti-Costco since the very beginnings of this thread. No amount of explanation or presentation of evidence seem to have any effect on them. My dad used to say some people’s minds are like cement- all mixed up and permanently set. 

Minds like cement... That's a good one. I'm using that.

7 hours ago, torbill said:

Seems to me that there are a number of reasons.  One is that some people just resent success.  

I am an investor, and I have been invested in Costco stock since 1996, 25 years. I know more about this company, it’s practices, its DNA, it’s leadership, its problems, than 99-44/100% of the people who post to this list or read it.  l have watched Costco grow by leaps and bounds. They have gone from a company that most people never heard of to one of the true, 500# gorillas in the retail world.  Some people feel that success makes a company too big for its britches, that it should be cut down to size.  I’m not insinuating that the people who attack Costco in this thread have this motivation, because I don’t know them.  But I do know that this is the way some people think.

I have no allegiance to Costco.  If they fail to perform as an investment I am out.  If my favorite golf ball, the original 4-piece, is replaced by a dud, I am out and will go play Snell or TP5X.  My allegiance is to performance.  

The fact is, Costco performs.  I remember, years ago, Wall Street analysts were all over Jim Sinegal, the CEO at the time.  They wanted Costco to take just a bit more in margins, to fatten the bottom line.  Sinegal tried to get them to understand that Costco’s entire business model is based on getting customers to understand that when they see a product for sale at Costco that they know it is the best, most rock-bottom price available, so they won’t hesitate to buy *right now*.  Especially on treasure hunt items. Analysts would not relent.  Finally Sinegal told them bluntly to get lost, that he would run his business as he saw fit, and he never changed a thing in the Costco pricing philosophy.  And the stock went down for a while as the analysts dreamt-up reasons to bash.  My favorite was that they claimed that the warehouse market was “saturated”, lol.  

I have been invested in Costco for a long time.  I have seldom seen a company that is so unwavering in its principles, such as rock bottom pricing, highest quality goods and services, the best return policy in the business, building the Kirkland brand and, most important, treating its employees with respect and paying them well.  It is the easiest company in the world for an investor to track.  Just go look at how many cars are in the parking lot and see the quality of its employees.  That’s all I need to know...

Hat's off. Excellent perspective .

3 minutes ago, madeintheshade said:

Everyone has been there. Though the Costco limit is 12 dozen 24 packs, so that should last your beginner friend a while. 

I think he's more down the buy 500 used random golf balls from CL or something right now.  When you lose that many balls you prob don't buy new or they are all 1 hit wonders 🙂  

3 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

Are you claiming Costco sold counterfeit Sunice shorts?  Do you also think the moon landing was faked? 😉

Not sure why some prefer their own interpretation of someones post as opposed to the literal interpretation. Had to double check, but sure enough, I never used the word "counterfeit". 

As for the moon landing(s). Being from there, you likely witnessed it first hand. Who am I to question you on that? 

Mizuno ST-X 10.5

Mizuno ST-Z 15d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

Srixon U-85 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

6 minutes ago, launcher said:

Not sure why some prefer their own interpretation of someones post as opposed to the literal interpretation. Had to double check, but sure enough, I never used the word "counterfeit". 

As for the moon landing(s). Being from there, you likely witnessed it first hand. Who am I to question you on that? 

You were the one who questioned the "authenticity" of the product and I gave it the name used in the industry.  I understand your frustration for saying something utterly ridiculous and getting hammered for it.  It's best just to walk away.

51 minutes ago, soregongolfer said:

You were the one who questioned the "authenticity" of the product and I gave it the name used in the industry.  I understand your frustration for saying something utterly ridiculous and getting hammered for it.  It's best just to walk away.

You need to look up the meaning of "counterfeit". I suggested that some companies license the use of their brand on made for products.

As for your assertion that "It's best just to walk away", I'm in agreement there bud.  

Mizuno ST-X 10.5

Mizuno ST-Z 15d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

Srixon U-85 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

1 hour ago, launcher said:

I am a dummy

I agree

Edited by trackcoach13

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

2 hours ago, Break81 said:

Good lord and the new 4 pc come out and help get this thread back where it belongs ?

Right? This thread gets so derailed! Waiting on the new 4 piece, should be out soon?

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

17 minutes ago, Wolfhammer said:

Mid to late February release? Has anyone heard anything? 

Also, where would one go about finding this information? Costco doesn't seem to do much in the way of news releases for products.

Click that follow button on this thread to receive alerts when people post here...probably the best source for Costco golf ball news haha

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3W 14

Srixon ZXU 2 iron

Srixon ZX 4 hybrid
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50, 54, 58
Evnroll ER8v
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

24 minutes ago, Wolfhammer said:

Mid to late February release? Has anyone heard anything? 

Also, where would one go about finding this information? Costco doesn't seem to do much in the way of news releases for products.

I spend more time in Costco than most people... I've got my eyes on the prize.

My Louisville, KY store had wedges, putters, gloves and the V2 golf balls on Monday (no 4 piece). They also had $3 a lbs brisket, so now I have to figure out what I want to do with 11 lbs of brisket... Current plan is to separate the flat from the point, marinate the point in a blood orange mojo sauce and make yet another run at a decent carne asada... one of the few dishes I have failed to replicate at home, despite many attempts. (take out chinese food is the other main failure point in my home kitchen). Going to smoke it on the Traeger until it hits 160, then put it back in the marinade and cover and cook it til 205. We will see how it goes!

What were we talking about? Costco? I spend 2 weeks in the rotisserie room a few years back between "real" jobs as a seasonal employee... I cooked a ton of chicken. Literally. 2,000 lbs of chicken. I haven't bought a rotisserie chicken since. (Nothing to do with the quality, which is good!).

Anyways, I am also waiting on the new 4 piece ball... I'm excited to try it!

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

My wife is a fellow Costco rat. Goes twice a week usually (don't ask). I have her on the lookout at our local store which is always very well stocked with wedges, V2 balls, and gloves. Nothing as of this past Sunday. I just find it wild that in 2021 we have to wait for boots on the ground to spot them as opposed to having a release date.

Loved the original four piece Ksig.   The first version 3 piece is ok for the money. Just picked up a box of the 3 piece V-2 and will try it today. I did not get to try the defective and recalled V-2 four piece. Hoping ,like everyone else, they get another good 4 pc. out soon.

Sorry if this question has been done before, but how can you tell the difference between the Ksig 3v1 and the Ksig 3v2 ? They look the same to me.  Thanks

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am