Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, well that clears everything up.  Thanks for the insight.

Scouted Costco... still no balls. Only cost me $180 to check.

Most of us have  been playing them for weeks.  We've just been keeping it on the DL.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jpdx said:

can also confirm that our local Costco is low on coke. They had three flats left as of 5pm last night. 

plenty of putters, wedges, gloves and v2 3pc balls

My costco is running out of that Victorias spaghetti sauce... Legitimately some of the best spaghetti sauce you can buy but there is just a stupid amount of sauce that comes with it. Maybe we should start freezing some. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stanks said:

My costco is running out of that Victorias spaghetti sauce... Legitimately some of the best spaghetti sauce you can buy but there is just a stupid amount of sauce that comes with it. Maybe we should start freezing some. 

Try Rao’s. We like it better - no added sugar and less oily than Victoria’s. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Throughout the years Costco has had a love/hate relationship with Coke over pricing. Maybe they're not on speaking terms at the moment. 

Yeah, i tried to figure out what was going on... saw the tumultuous history... apparently it’s also the reason their snack bar serves Pepsi... 

coke seems to have a propensity for burning bridges... I’ve met a former rep who said that someone accidentally faxed little caesars pricing to papa johns, and little caesars was paying less (like $0.02 a two liter) and papa johns immediately shifted to Pepsi. 

I’ll always side with Costco! 

im excited to try the balls and haven’t done my usual snell order as I’m anticipating the Kirkland balls!

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

4 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Yeah, i tried to figure out what was going on... saw the tumultuous history... apparently it’s also the reason their snack bar serves Pepsi... 

coke seems to have a propensity for burning bridges... I’ve met a former rep who said that someone accidentally faxed little caesars pricing to papa johns, and little caesars was paying less (like $0.02 a two liter) and papa johns immediately shifted to Pepsi. 

I’ll always side with Costco! 

im excited to try the balls and haven’t done my usual snell order as I’m anticipating the Kirkland balls!

I've had a couple conversations with the food & beverage manager at my course about the Coke problem.  They moved to Pepsi quite a few years ago due to being jerked around with prices and the like by the Coke folks.  She herself prefers Coke, but keeping them around became untenable.

With those chats in mind, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Coke is being difficult.  😉

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  2-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedge grab bag:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

49 minutes ago, HyzerFlipDG said:

The hype for the 3pc v2.0 must be real. Shows them out of stock for online ordering already. 

*EDIT: just checked and they are back in stock for online ordering*

There is a pallet full in Louisville...  they also have wedges and putters... I still have the V1.0 in my garage, I don't love them on the course, but I love them for the price... always nice to have a decent, cheap back up ball in the bag.

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Every time I go to my Costco in KC North they have loads of balls, wedges, putters and gloves. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9
Cobra F9 3-4W
Srixon ZXU 18 2 Iron

Srixon ZX 4 hybrid
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50, 56, 62
Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

31 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

There is a pallet full in Louisville...  they also have wedges and putters... I still have the V1.0 in my garage, I don't love them on the course, but I love them for the price... always nice to have a decent, cheap back up ball in the bag.

I don't live too close to a costco so i only order online. I think they keep separate stock for online orders.  Glad to hear that the stores have ample inventory though.  

• Like 1

First real good test for 18 holes with the V2 3 piece. Really good ball, maybe a few yards shorter than the OG 4 piece and Snell MTB I've been playing, but I did manage to drive a green 308 yards away with a very smooth swing. Durability was great, a little scuff from a cart path bounce, but good to go for another round. Best ball for $1 there is as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: Callaway Epic Flash sub zero
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport
Kirkland Tour ball/Snell MTB-X

I'm liking the early reports of the v2 3pc.  I might have to nab some...

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  2-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedge grab bag:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

5 hours ago, gioreeko said:

First real good test for 18 holes with the V2 3 piece. Really good ball, maybe a few yards shorter than the OG 4 piece and Snell MTB I've been playing, but I did manage to drive a green 308 yards away with a very smooth swing. Durability was great, a little scuff from a cart path bounce, but good to go for another round. Best ball for $1 there is as far as I can tell.

Have thought the v2 is up there as well. Snell MTB-x is my go-to and I still think it's the best ball made. But for the price the v2 is tough to beat. I'd still like to see some real analytics. All I've found are a couple of Youtube videos that offer conflicting launch monitor results.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Costco Fan said:

So any real intel at all on the 4 piece release? The article quoting the Costco golf guy back in the fall said "early 2021."

Also, when you say "rib caps" are you talking Ribeye Cap Steaks? Had them last year in Chicago. Amazing cut and fat is evenly marbled so flare ups minimal. Haven't seen them in the Charlotte stores.

Yes - ribeye cap steaks.  I've talked to the butchers at our Costco several times and they all say the same thing.  That they only sell what they receive and that they don't make them up on site.  All of them said that making rib caps is too time consuming to be achieved what with Covid and all.  Of course it is.  Covid, Covid, Covid.

Not sure I understand why they couldn't find the time to throw together a few over the course of a full calendar year but what do I know?

Meat section is always stocked to the gills with everything else imaginable.

All I know is I miss em'.  Best dang steak ever in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vernon said:

Yes - ribeye cap steaks.  I've talked to the butchers at our Costco several times and they all say the same thing.  That they only sell what they receive and that they don't make them up on site.  All of them said that making rib caps is too time consuming to be achieved what with Covid and all.  Of course it is.  Covid, Covid, Covid.

Not sure I understand why they couldn't find the time to throw together a few over the course of a full calendar year but what do I know?

Meat section is always stocked to the gills with everything else imaginable.

All I know is I miss em'.  Best dang steak ever in my opinion.

They are good but a finicky cook... visited my parents in Idaho and picked up some snake river farm “wagyu” ribeyes for $40 a lbs... the regular ribeye was $30 a lbs, so it made sense to upgrade... it’s really good!

my daughter, age 7, refuses Costco steak. It’s not high enough quality for her refined palette. I’m not joking. It’s both awesome and expensive. (She liked the wagyu 🤠).

It is amazing how much different Costco does business, especially on things like golf balls and steaks. They aren’t guaranteed to be there, but you might go in looking for them! And why not pick up a sofa while you are there!

• Like 2

As of 1/24/21

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

38 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

And why not pick up a sofa while you are there!

Or a $1100 Weber grill like I did yesterday. Hard to pass when I had almost $300 in Executive rebate and the Costco add-ons make the package worth over $1400. 

BTW- I can relate to the situation with your daughter. When my youngest was little we took her to several business conventions every year and she learned at a very early age what good food was. She never ordered off the kids menu because, well a whole crab meal is better than nuggets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

17 hours ago, RockSock said:

Have thought the v2 is up there as well. Snell MTB-x is my go-to and I still think it's the best ball made. But for the price the v2 is tough to beat. I'd still like to see some real analytics. All I've found are a couple of Youtube videos that offer conflicting launch monitor results.

If you follow this thread closely, someone did a comparison on...skytrak? And compared a few balls a number of pages back

edit: 541

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 1

The V2.0 balls are better than the first 3 piece but that isn't saying much. Better off the tee, I think the spin is more realistic now but still good around the green. For $1 a ball it is much better than other cheap balls out there, 100%. Outside of recycled and logo overruns of Pro V1 balls, The V2.0 kirkland's are not bad for the price.

2 hours ago, Beansy said:

Just played my first 18 with the Kirkland gloves and they are legit! I will definitely be buying my gloves there from now on. Only downside is I have to order them since they don’t carry right hand gloves for lefties. 

Give them some time.  They are great feeling gloves, but they didn't last very long for me.  I was a HUGE fan of the Callaway gloves Costco carried, however.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

Give them some time.  They are great feeling gloves, but they didn't last very long for me.  I was a HUGE fan of the Callaway gloves Costco carried, however.

I don't find that to be the case at all. I'm pretty tough on gloves, my hands sweat so much you could grow rice. I usually replace them because of funk more-so than wear.

I did like the Callaways though.

The original Kirkland (prior to even the Callaways) gloves sucked , after a round, my hand smelled like a foot!

• Haha 2

X________________________________ Sign Here

7 hours ago, phil75070 said:

Me, too! I stocked up on them and still have 4 more in the golf closet. Not quite as inexpensive but a really good glove also is the MG Dynagrip Elite glove.

I bought some MG gloves for the first time and I will be buying more in the future.  The one I've used is very durable thus far and is soft and comfortable.  I'm a big fan.  I averaged 11 rounds with the Kirkland gloves.  Great feel, but 11 rounds isn't enough for me.

14 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

I bought some MG gloves for the first time and I will be buying more in the future.  The one I've used is very durable thus far and is soft and comfortable.  I'm a big fan.  I averaged 11 rounds with the Kirkland gloves.  Great feel, but 11 rounds isn't enough for me.

I have also found with the MG gloves, if it is just a case of getting dirty they can be machine washed and air dried and will remain reasonably soft and certainly usable.

• Like 2