Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

11 minutes ago, soregongolfer said:

Shipping was included when I paid 19.99 for them.  That was a while ago though.

I thought they always had a little extra added on for shipping when buying online. Don't think it was that much though. More like $3 or $4. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

49 minutes ago, soregongolfer said:

Shipping was included when I paid 19.99 for them.  That was a while ago though.

I’m sure they were $24.99 for a while online. In store has remained $19.99. I bought a second pack in store when I saw online price change to $24.99 thinking in store might change soon. They haven’t ..yet. 

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

I thought they always had a little extra added on for shipping when buying online. Don't think it was that much though. More like $3 or $4. 

I got mine when they were first offered and I'm pretty sure shipping was included.  Since they came loose in an envelope, that's about what they paid for packaging and shipping haha.  

We don't have the gloves in my store.  Just balls and the putter.  We finally got the V2's last week and I bought a box.  I'll give them a try when it dries up a little.  I did chip and putt with them and they are a nice feeling ball.  No wear issues though that's what you'd expect from chipping and putting.  

I went back and looked at my orders and I paid $22.99 for gloves online last August.

Screenshot_20210319-082838.png.c3e70dce0246776d397c433f04ea7e56.png

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

2 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Guess you should have bought in more bulkier...

That was before they were readily available at my local warehouse. Now I just pay $19.99 there whenever I need to reload 😁

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

21 hours ago, Joe S said:

I've heard that there is going to be a cabretta leather shortage due to the pandemic for some reason.    So we might see prices go up across the board.  

Inflation coming!!

we're going to be hit with $8 a milk gallon and $15 sandwich !!! ahhhhh!!! 

Costco will save the day though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2021 at 11:49 PM, gioreeko said:

Played a round with the Kirkland 3 piece V2 today. This ball is after 17 holes, (first hole drove through a dogleg and into water, yay Ping 425 LST!!) As you can see, some very light scuffing, not any worse than the Snell MTB, Srixon XV or Pro V1's I usually play. This ball hit a cart path and some light contact with a few trees. A couple of sand shots. Played pretty nice on a cold, light drizzle at times and windy day. Very durable covers as far as I'm concerned. 

IMG_3362.PNG

How the heck is your ball so clean and nice!? Mine look 5x worse after two holes. Having said that the Kirkland are guilt-free. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

On 3/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, phil75070 said:

Me, too! I stocked up on them and still have 4 more in the golf closet. Not quite as inexpensive but a really good glove also is the MG Dynagrip Elite glove.

Srixon makes a cheaper glove that's fantastic. A bit thicker but def lasted the longest for me. I think it's the all-weather.  Can't beat the Kirkland gloves but they do tear on the palm and thumb for me. Need to have softer hands. Also, some of them have this terrible fuzz that comes off the inside. Looks like lint but it's not. 

22 hours ago, jpdx said:

I’m sure they were $24.99 for a while online. In store has remained $19.99. I bought a second pack in store when I saw online price change to $24.99 thinking in store might change soon. They haven’t ..yet. 

Same deal on the wedges. I think they're $10 more on the interwebs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AcesAndHoles said:

Srixon makes a cheaper glove that's fantastic. A bit thicker but def lasted the longest for me. I think it's the all-weather.  Can't beat the Kirkland gloves but they do tear on the palm and thumb for me. Need to have softer hands. Also, some of them have this terrible fuzz that comes off the inside. Looks like lint but it's not. 

FWIW you’re probably gripping a bit tight. I used to have that same issue no matter the glove/glove brand - as long as they were cabretta. I made my grip pressure ever so slightly less, fixed the positioning (namely the thumb placement for me) and that issue went away. Now it’s the tip of my index finger that gets a hole first (don’t ask why, I don’t know....perhaps my index finger is slightly longer for the size of my hand. ) I’m on round...somewhere between 20-30 is my guess, on the current glove. A bit loose from stretching but no holes yet. 

Edited by jpdx

On 3/19/2021 at 2:06 PM, AcesAndHoles said:

I've found that the Kirkland gloves are as durable as any thin cabretta I've played. The fit isn't quite as good as some other value gloves.   I find the MG more consistent in sizing, but for me, the cost-benefit of the Kirkland glove makes sense.   I'm a real sweater so getting 4 gloves at a time helps as I will rotate gloves during a round to allow for drying. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:08 PM, jpdx said:

FWIW you’re probably gripping a bit tight. I used to have that same issue no matter the glove/glove brand - as long as they were cabretta. I made my grip pressure ever so slightly less, fixed the positioning (namely the thumb placement for me) and that issue went away. Now it’s the tip of my index finger that gets a hole first (don’t ask why, I don’t know....perhaps my index finger is slightly longer for the size of my hand. ) I’m on round...somewhere between 20-30 is my guess, on the current glove. A bit loose from stretching but no holes yet. 

It varies session by session, but yes, very possible. 

On 3/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, Hateto3Putt said:

I used to have to explain that "all you can eat" isn't a dare!

Don't threaten me with a good time. 

• Like 1

OK, soooooo.....

I played a links course yesterday in West Sayville, NY.  light cool breeze (7-10mph) coming straight in off the water.  53* felt like 49*.  Started the day off with a new Pro V1.  Dunked it into a channel opposite the water that goes along the entire 1st hole par 5.  😡  OK going to be one of those days.  Took out a used PV1 with about a round of play in it and a new Kirkland 3pc V1 (Still have 1.5 doz).  Played the used PV1 for another 3 holes and switched to the Kirkland.  I played that Kirkland for another 9 holes straight with no noticeable distance difference off the driver and the durability was on par with anything else in that $25-$30/doz urethane ball.  Came to another hole had to carry 150 yds to clear water to a 170 yd raised green par 3.  Didn't want to lose the Kirkland so I used the used PV1.  Hit the green but had a 50 footer for birdie.  3 putted 🙄.  

To make a long story longer.....

All in All, the Kirkland V1 was a good ball able to hold it's own against any other 3pc urethane.  My ss is around 95-105 depending upon weather and back stiffness.  My typical drive carries 230-260 depending upon strike, etc..  I have the V2's coming today but will be very happy gaming the V1's

• Like 2

Played a round with a Srixon XV, to me a very similar ball to the Kirkland 3p V2. Here's the results after 18 holes, pretty much the same as most balls. 

IMG_3410.jpg

• Like 2

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

11 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Mateo is outstanding! My store didn't have Rao's so we're on to Victoria's for dinner tomorrow.

I'm sorry...I've held my tongue for this whole jar sauce conversation.  As an Italian from Brooklyn, jar sauce is sacrilege!! Blasphemous!!  I think my grandmother would come down from heaven to haunt me if I kept jar sauce in my house.  My wife is German-Jewish.  She learned very quickly how to make a good Sunday sauce!  LOL

Boy! I was bursting at the seams to get that off my chest.  You may carry on talking about jarred sauce now. 

**Correction**  The only jarred sauce she would approve of is the kind kept in "Ball" or "Mason" jars.  Carry on.....

Edited by wantacigar
added to the comment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I'm sorry...I've held my tongue for this whole jar sauce conversation.  As an Italian from Brooklyn, jar sauce is sacrilege!! Blasphemous!!  I think my grandmother would come down from heaven to haunt me if I kept jar sauce in my house.  My wife is German-Jewish.  She learned very quickly how to make a good Sunday sauce!  LOL

Boy! I was bursting at the seams to get that off my chest.  You may carry on talking about jarred sauce now. 

**Correction**  The only jarred sauce she would approve of is the kind kept in "Ball" or "Mason" jars.  Carry on....

I hear ya...Feel the same way about BBQ sauce here in Texas... Don't forget to breathe!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

**Correction**  The only jarred sauce she would approve of is the kind kept in "Ball" or "Mason" jars.  Carry on.....

As much as I respect a good Sunday red sauce home cooked, sometimes, it’s not the option for us non Italian and very very very non Brooklyn guys. I’ll take a good homemade gravy any day. It’s all in the tomatoes used and Victoria’s sauce uses not the top quality stuff but damn close. Cheers!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I hear ya...Feel the same way about BBQ sauce here in Texas... Don't forget to breathe!!!

Ha, Im perfectly capable of making both a tomato sauce and a bbq sauce (I’m a native Texan, if that matters) but perfectly happy to use jarred for either... just have to buy the good stuff. 

stubbs is my go to bbq sauce. 

also, I’m happy to report my scouting mission to Costco yesterday was under $150 with only one deviation from the list of needed items (bag of turkey jerky... it’s already half full).

no new balls.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

1 minute ago, Stanks said:

As much as I respect a good Sunday red sauce home cooked, sometimes, it’s not the option for us non Italian and very very very non Brooklyn guys. I’ll take a good homemade gravy any day. It’s all in the tomatoes used and Victoria’s sauce uses not the top quality stuff but damn close. Cheers!

Totally understand!  Totally tongue in cheek.  I've had some baaaaaaad homemade sauce, trust me, where jar sauce was probably better.  A friend's wife is a horrible cook.  Watched a bunch of YouTube vids and Pinterest recipe posts, made a sauce and it was amazing.  She now jars it and keeps it for whenever my friend and their kids want some "Spaghetti and Meatballs" during the week.  Never bought a jarred sauce again!  🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Yea, I've had some authentic Texas BBQ sauce.  Have a hard time eating Sweet Baby Rays now.  A friend in Missouri sent me some homemade rubs...Same outcome.  Wife wants to know who are these people mailing me BBQ sauce and rubs and why are they doing it?  🙄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Yea, I've had some authentic Texas BBQ sauce.  Have a hard time eating Sweet Baby Rays now.  A friend in Missouri sent me some homemade rubs...Same outcome.  Wife wants to know who are these people mailing me BBQ sauce and rubs and why are they doing it?  🙄

Rubs are one thing I don’t tend to buy... I want control on what I’m rubbing my meat with (phrasing?) and my pantry is full

of a variety of nice spices... i tend to stick

to Alton browns 8-3-1-1 ratio... 8 parts brown sugar, 3 parts salt, 1 part heat, 1 part whatever flavor you want to add...

Consistently works on pork... beef just gets salt and pepper... sometimes paprika. Mmm... steak.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

20 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Rubs are one thing I don’t tend to buy... I want control on what I’m rubbing my meat with (phrasing?) and my pantry is full

of a variety of nice spices... i tend to stick

to Alton browns 8-3-1-1 ratio... 8 parts brown sugar, 3 parts salt, 1 part heat, 1 part whatever flavor you want to add...

Consistently works on pork... beef just gets salt and pepper... sometimes paprika. Mmm... steak.

Yea, rubbing meat has a whole different meaning in Brooklyn.  😜  My steak gets salt, pepper and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire  

• Like 2