Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

16 minutes ago, vernon said:

I am beyond elated to report that I visited the north Kansas City location yesterday and rib caps were in stock!  They had two of the two packs and of course I bought them both.  

Smoked and seared last night along with Costco grilled shrimp and grilled asparagus all of which were magnificent!

Not sure how much of a karma factor it might have been but yesterday was my 68th birthday and that was one of the best birthday gifts ever! 🎉

Happy birthday! 

Hopefully Costco will be celebrating by releasing the new 4 piece ball next week!

I love Kansas City. Q39 was exceptional. 

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

6 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Happy birthday! 

Hopefully Costco will be celebrating by releasing the new 4 piece ball next week!

I love Kansas City. Q39 was exceptional. 

Thanks!  I'll head back over next week and hang around the golf section and see what I can do regarding the four piece....🎩🐇

I've lived in the KC area my whole life and other than the weather it's a pretty good place to hangout.

And as you alluded to BBQ abounds!  Q39, Jack's Stack, Johnny's, Blind Box, Joe's KC, Gates, you name it.  Heck, I probably left out at least a dozen others.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

43 minutes ago, vernon said:

Thanks!  I'll head back over next week and hang around the golf section and see what I can do regarding the four piece....🎩🐇

I've lived in the KC area my whole life and other than the weather it's a pretty good place to hangout.

And as you alluded to BBQ abounds!  Q39, Jack's Stack, Johnny's, Blind Box, Joe's KC, Gates, you name it.  Heck, I probably left out at least a dozen others.

I visited a buddy out there a few years back. and we did Q39, Joe's KC and Jack's Stack... all were good. I was only there for 2 days, so it was a lot of BBQ!

Reading the Barath article, I think the release is going to start online... I'd imagine they want to make sure they have enough to cover the initial wave of orders before releasing them to stores... but who knows?

I also wonder if the Suez canal stuff had any impact on delivery, but I'm not sure what route the balls take from Asia to the US.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I haven't heard about their 4-piece ball, but I just bought their 3-piece ball yesterday. I've been playing Kirkland balls for a few years now and have no real reason to change. No they don't have the same spin rate as ProV1s, but my ball checks and does what I need it to do. Did you happen to ask him for one?

1 hour ago, Briggs2158 said:

I haven't heard about their 4-piece ball, but I just bought their 3-piece ball yesterday. I've been playing Kirkland balls for a few years now and have no real reason to change. No they don't have the same spin rate as ProV1s, but my ball checks and does what I need it to do. Did you happen to ask him for one?

I believe they actually spin a little more than the ProV1's, at least V1 of the 3 piece did.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

On 4/1/2021 at 5:33 AM, Hateto3Putt said:

Costco.com also has these Pebble Beach branded cart bags by Sun Mountain for $130.

Thanks for this heads up. I was getting ready to get the SM 4.5 at $100 more but just ordered this one. It looks like it’s the same bag. 

i wore out a SM hybrid stand bag and got a C130S that I don’t particularly like. I got the red one which is one I was about to order from SM. 

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 4/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, Hateto3Putt said:

Costco.com also has these Pebble Beach branded cart bags by Sun Mountain for $130.

LINK

Standard shipping is free because that's a thing.....

These will sell out, if in doubt, buy it and return to your local Costco if you're not thrilled with it.

I bought the stand version a few years ago and it's held up magnificently.

Product Details

The Pebble Beach Cart Bag is feature-packed, yet lightweight.  Among our favorite features are the fourteen full-length club dividers, dedicated putter well, and lift-assist handles that help you get the bag in and out of your trunk and off a cart.  Another feature that has been added for your convenience is the range finder pocket that lifts so you can run your cart strap behind the pocket, so your range finder is easy to access.

Includes:
  • Cart Bag
  • Single Carry Strap
  • Matching Rainhood

Features:
  • Full length club dividers organize clubs and prevent migration of club grips
  • Pockets all face forward and are accessible when the bag is on a cart
  • There are seven pockets including a range finder pocket, velour lined valuables pocket, ventilated cooler pocket and a number of accessory pockets
  • Cart bumpers for added durability
  • Designed and Manufactured by Sun Mountain
  • Assembled and inspected in the USA

I bought the stand bag for my son in store this weekend.  Didn't see the cart bag, but the stand was $120 from the store.

Edited by Girevik

Sto Pro Veritate

Boy, I hope these V2's are that much better than the V1's with the driver!  My future son in law just bought me 2 more double dozen.  I now have 6 dozen V2's aside from the 1.5 dozen V1's I still have.  I don't lose that many balls anymore.  I may lose a sleeve on a course with a lot of water, but that's rare.  I've looked all over YT and have not found anyone reviewing the V2's.  Will be using them Saturday.  Going to try to do a side by side with the V1 if time allows

39 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Boy, I hope these V2's are that much better than the V1's with the driver!  My future son in law just bought me 2 more double dozen.  I now have 6 dozen V2's aside from the 1.5 dozen V1's I still have.  I don't lose that many balls anymore.  I may lose a sleeve on a course with a lot of water, but that's rare.  I've looked all over YT and have not found anyone reviewing the V2's.  Will be using them Saturday.  Going to try to do a side by side with the V1 if time allows

Hopefully they don't cut/scuff after a few wedge shots like they do for me...

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

1 minute ago, jj9000 said:

A lot of V1 vs. V2 discussion on the last few pages.

Please distinguish whether you guys are taking about the 4-piece or the 3-piece V1 vs V2.

Big difference.

Are folks seeing the 4-piece V2 in-stock?

The 4PC V2 was a bust and Costco refunded everyone's money. Everyone is talking about the 3PC V2 because there is no 4PC right now. Are they going to call the new 4PC V3 since V2 was defective? 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

2 minutes ago, jj9000 said:

OK...Thanks.

So...no new news.

Nope. I just hope they use a different cover on the new 4PC whenever it comes out...I need more durability even if it is a cheap ball. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

Hopefully they don't cut/scuff after a few wedge shots like they do for me...

I actually didn't have a problem with durability with the V1's and actually liked them.  Mentally, I was affected by everyone saying the driver distance was affected so I would swing harder and screwing up my drives.  I realized they were only talking 5-10 yard differences on 275 yd. drives.  🙄   An average good drive for me is 235-255 depending upon conditions.  I'm 54 and not as flexible as I Used to be.  Occasionally I would get one out there 275 with a little tail wind but 5 yard difference to me is negligible.   

1 minute ago, wantacigar said:

I actually didn't have a problem with durability with the V1's and actually liked them.  Mentally, I was affected by everyone saying the driver distance was affected so I would swing harder and screwing up my drives.  I realized they were only talking 5-10 yard differences on 275 yd. drives.  🙄   An average good drive for me is 235-255 depending upon conditions.  I'm 54 and not as flexible as I Used to be.  Occasionally I would get one out there 275 with a little tail wind but 5 yard difference to me is negligible.   

I was referring to the 3PC V2 that has durability issues for me. The V1 was very durable in my experience. I posted a test I did a few pages back comparing the V1 to the V2...the V2 didn't even last 5 full wedge shots without having considerable damage while the V1 still looked great. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

1 hour ago, bhj83 said:

I was referring to the 3PC V2 that has durability issues for me. The V1 was very durable in my experience. I posted a test I did a few pages back comparing the V1 to the V2...the V2 didn't even last 5 full wedge shots without having considerable damage while the V1 still looked great. 

OK.  I'll see about durability this Saturday.  The course is a shorter course so there will be plenty of wedge shots.  

2 hours ago, wantacigar said:

OK.  I'll see about durability this Saturday.  The course is a shorter course so there will be plenty of wedge shots.  

Some people say these scuff really easily, but I haven't noticed that at all. I posted a picture a page or two back that shows one after a round. It's plenty long, drove a 310 yard hole with it, no issues with any distance loss. Best ball for a buck a piece you'll ever play. Excited for the new 4 piece, down to about 7 dozen of my OG 4 piece.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

Here's my test that I did if you're interested: https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1317418-kirkland-signature-costco-golf-balls-merged-no-bst-posts/?do=findComment&comment=23469406

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

9 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

Some people say these scuff really easily, but I haven't noticed that at all. I posted a picture a page or two back that shows one after a round. It's plenty long, drove a 310 yard hole with it, no issues with any distance loss. Best ball for a buck a piece you'll ever play. Excited for the new 4 piece, down to about 7 dozen of my OG 4 piece.

Good to hear.  I realize that there may be some scuffing from sand wedge, etc... Not worried about that.  Excited for the 4 pc but future son-in-law is loading me up with 3pc V2's  Have 6 dozen now.  Haven't gone through six dozen balls in past 3 years!  LOL.  Who am I kidding, I'll be getting 6 dozen 4pc if they corrected the cover issues........

5 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

I did see that post.  I have seen mid range urethane balls do the same at times as well.  A few scuffs don't bother me.  If the ball gets through a round, in the "water hole ball" pouch it goes.  LOL  You may strike your wedges purer than I do!  I'm not backing up too many shots. LOL

2 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I did see that post.  I have seen mid range urethane balls do the same at times as well.  A few scuffs don't bother me.  If the ball gets through a round, in the "water hole ball" pouch it goes.  LOL  You may strike your wedges purer than I do!  I'm not backing up too many shots. LOL

Yep, they're definitely a great ball for some golfers! I'll just keep playing the same ball for more than one round if it's not damaged too much. I played the same Vice Pro ball for probably 45 holes before it found the water yesterday 😞

• Sad 1

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

Don't forget Costco's great return policy. I had a few dozen V1 3 piece, and when the new V2's came out, I returned the V1's and got my money back and bought the V2's. 

Maltby TSW sand wedge

Would like to hear more about the driver distance issue and if it's continuing with the V2. I did my own comparisons, and even at my modest SS, the V1 was definitely and consistently 10 yards shorter that anything else I play. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-X 230 10.5

Mizuno ST-Z 15d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

WIlson Staff C300 forged 4-pw

Srixon ZX utility 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

3 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

I played 9 holes yesteray with the new V2 which included two full lob wedge shots.  The ball still looks brand new.  My issue is I think it's a club short, but that's not my final assessment.  My swing is rusty having not played since Thanksgiving.

I don’t love the v2 three piece ball but it’s great for the price... generates a ton of spin, so it can definitely eat some distance.

im still holding out hope for Thursday. We shall see!

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

5 hours ago, gioreeko said:

Don't forget Costco's great return policy. I had a few dozen V1 3 piece, and when the new V2's came out, I returned the V1's and got my money back and bought the V2's. 

V2s were refunded across the board. I know the die hard Kirkland guys keep referring to the return policy as amazing. Yeah, it is. It's well and good. But, going to Costco, my Costco, is a pain in the butt and a return would be the result of needing to do another Costco trip for other supplies. I'd never go there just to go and return. Regardless, still not a fan of any of them. 

• Confused 1