Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

4 hours ago, Girevik said:

So this is curious.  Went into another Costco in my area today and no balls there either.  I asked about them and was told they were "deleted from the system".  She went on to say that happens all the time, but also said that when the come back it will be with a different SKU.  Not sure exactly what to make about that.  Will the 3 piece be back but with the new side stamp we expected this one to have?  Is the 4 piece about to make a grand appearance?  I wish I knew.

But the V2 are still available online, so I broke down and payed the extra $5 shipping for them.  I wish they'd at least waive shipping for members.

With gas prices the way they are? One would wish. No balls at the costco I visited this weekend, not that I was looking for any. 

I will say that there is some promising rain gear on the website though as reasonable affordability. Never had a set myself but couldn't hurt for sure.

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, well that clears everything up.  Thanks for the insight.

Scouted Costco... still no balls. Only cost me $180 to check.

Most of us have  been playing them for weeks.  We've just been keeping it on the DL.

Posted Images

I was just in Costco in KC North the other day and they had plenty of 3.2 balls. 

TaylorMade SIM 9
Cobra F9 3-4W

Srixon ZX 3 and 4 hybrids
Srixon ZX7 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50, 56, 62
Scotty Cameron Select Golo w/ Stability Shaft
Titleist ProV1 | Vice Pro
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

MNML Golf Bag

Bought a 24-pack of 3.2’s this past weekend at my local store too. They had putters & wedges as well.

EFSZ 9* (Ventus Blue VeloCore 6S) / 0811X+ Proto 10.5* (TZ5 Proto 55S) / G400LST 10* (Tensei CK White 60S).

0317 Gen1 17* & 0317X Gen2 19* (MMT 80S)

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW (SteelFiber i95S)

RTX4 Raw 52* & 58*, Mid (TI S400); HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
SC Red X2 / WHP 7CS

Tour B XS (normal cond.) / LD V1x (windy cond.)

- Backups: F7 2-3H; 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Lucky 777CS; WHP CSM 400g; Sigma G Kinloch C.

Posted (edited)

Wife and I were shopping at our local Costco, the gent in front of us had his cart heaped with items being purchased.  His total bill was in the several hundred dollar range.

I must admit, I wondered if we were witnessing a small trip by some of our more prolific and legendary Costco shoppers.  😁🤔

I didn't notice if he'd bought any golf related merchandise

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X -or- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.25" 

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5, Kirkland Signature v3.2

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

22 hours ago, Girevik said:

So this is curious.  Went into another Costco in my area today and no balls there either.  I asked about them and was told they were "deleted from the system".  She went on to say that happens all the time, but also said that when the come back it will be with a different SKU.  Not sure exactly what to make about that.  Will the 3 piece be back but with the new side stamp we expected this one to have?  Is the 4 piece about to make a grand appearance?  I wish I knew.

But the V2 are still available online, so I broke down and payed the extra $5 shipping for them.  I wish they'd at least waive shipping for members.

$5 shipping for you, $20 shipping for us in Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.  The price of living in paradise...

On 6/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, Girevik said:

Went to the local Costco here in Vegas and they had a whole pallet of the 3.2 up front along with the wedges and putters.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:34 PM, 95124hacker said:

Bought a 24-pack of 3.2’s this past weekend at my local store too. They had putters & wedges as well.

Same.

Well….

I was down to last two sleeve of my 3.2’s. 

wife needed to hit Costco. I got suckered into buying another box. 

this was just before heading out the next day. Bag Was All ready to go with a sleeve of my nikes and my backup sleeve in the car which was the 3.2. Needless to say, I switched to two sleeves of 3.2. Put the nikes back. Haha. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Went to the local Costco here in Vegas and they had a whole pallet of the 3.2 up front along with the wedges and putters.

That's great, but that may just be that they haven't sold out of whatever stock they had on hand.  I was referring to the comment about the balls being "deleted" from the system and the comment that when they come back they will be somehow different.  May mean something, may mean nothing.  

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

In a more traditional KSig 3.x update....

Friend of mine is a shorter hitting, low trajectory player.  Tends to play cheaper distance balls.  Found a Bridgestone on the golf course, one of their prior Soft models, and discovered a distance bump with it, especially off the tee.

Well, it occurs to me, a somewhat slower speed, low trajectory player could possibly benefit from more spin off the tee.  I mentioned the KSig to him, he became intrigued.  Especially when he learned of the value angle, the two dozen being only marginally more expensive than a single dozen of other balls he's recently purchased.

I may be enabling another convert.

• Like 2

Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X -or- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.25" 

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 34"

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Friend of mine is a shorter hitting, low trajectory player.  Tends to play cheaper distance balls.  Found a Bridgestone on the golf course, one of their prior Soft models, and discovered a distance bump with it, especially off the tee.

Well, it occurs to me, a somewhat slower speed, low trajectory player could possibly benefit from more spin off the tee.  I mentioned the KSig to him, he became intrigued.  Especially when he learned of the value angle, the two dozen being only marginally more expensive than a single dozen of other balls he's recently purchased.

Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

I've always figured that's why I only noticed a fairly modest loss of distance from the original K-Sig and the mostly older guys I play with don't seem to notice any loss of driver distance relative to a Titleist or Bridgestone ball. We just don't over-spin any ball with any club, including driver. 

12 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I've always figured that's why I only noticed a fairly modest loss of distance from the original K-Sig

Interestingly, I found I hit the KSig v3.1 farther with a persimmon driver.  🙂

1 hour ago, Wolfhammer said:

Ksig 3.2 out of stock at my local Costco.

Mine too.

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 w/ SuperStroke jumbo

Yeah, I'm glad I stocked up. I was down to a dozen after losing 5 balls in one round (ouch!) so I bought another 2 dozen... 

There's a degree to which I'll regret it if the K4.3 shows up next week, but I'm just happy not to have to sweat it. 

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

On 6/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, NRJyzr said:

Wife and I were shopping at our local Costco, the gent in front of us had his cart heaped with items being purchased.  His total bill was in the several hundred dollar range.

I must admit, I wondered if we were witnessing a small trip by some of our more prolific and legendary Costco shoppers.  😁🤔

I didn't notice if he'd bought any golf related merchandise

10 years ago my wife and I called Costco the $200 store. Now its the $300 store and that's only the average. We can go much higher.  

• Like 4

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

29 minutes ago, RSinSG said:

10 years ago my wife and I called Costco the $200 store. Now its the $300 store and that's only the average. We can go much higher.  

Honestly, it just comes down to how often I get there… we probably spend $500 a month at Costco… it’s mostly food and toiletries… it keeps the grocery store budget lower overall, so it is what it is… 

• Like 2

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

3 hours ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Yeah, I'm glad I stocked up. I was down to a dozen after losing 5 balls in one round (ouch!) so I bought another 2 dozen... 

There's a degree to which I'll regret it if the K4.3 shows up next week, but I'm just happy not to have to sweat it. 

oh be real. You won’t regret it one bit. You’ll buy the 4.3 and play them while saving the 3.2 for crappy days. 

I know I wouldn’t have any regrets. 😜

• Like 2
10 hours ago, jpdx said:

oh be real. You won’t regret it one bit. You’ll buy the 4.3 and play them while saving the 3.2 for crappy days. 

I know I wouldn’t have any regrets. 😜

I have 7 doz. 3.2, 12 doz TP5.  When the 4.3 come out I can see 4-6 dozen in my future.  I'm 54 years old.  I have enough golf balls to last me until I'm 70.  I suppose I should stock up on the ball all the seniors like for when the time comes.

😜🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, wantacigar said:

I have 7 doz. 3.2, 12 doz TP5.  When the 4.3 come out I can see 4-6 dozen in my future.  I'm 54 years old.  I have enough golf balls to last me until I'm 70.  I suppose I should stock up on the ball all the seniors like for when the time comes.

😜🤪

senior, shmenior! I'm pretty stocked up, but playing OG4 piece, V2 3 piece, Snell MTB-X and now trying the ProV1 left dash. MGS tested and showed soft balls are short for everyone. I'm 55 and still swinging on course around 110, can dial it up near 120 still if I step on it, have no plans of slowing down!

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport
Kirkland Tour ball/Snell MTB-X

34 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

MGS tested and showed soft balls are short for everyone.

I put more faith in the tests done by Today's Golfer. Surprisingly, the softest ball in the test, The Callaway ERC Soft performed extremely well distance-wise:

- 2nd at 85mph, .2 yards behind the longest.

- 3rd (T) at 100mph, 2 yards shorter than the longest

- 9th at 115mph, still longer than 11 other balls tested.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

senior, shmenior! I'm pretty stocked up, but playing OG4 piece, V2 3 piece, Snell MTB-X and now trying the ProV1 left dash. MGS tested and showed soft balls are short for everyone. I'm 55 and still swinging on course around 110, can dial it up near 120 still if I step on it, have no plans of slowing down!

My SS is somewhere in the neighborhood of 95-105 depending upon the day.  That has to do more with not being able to make a 90* turn from the spare truck tire that somehow got glued to my waist.  Well, with some hard work, that's been reduced to a SUV tire.  Hopefully a Honda tire in next few months.  LOL.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gioreeko said:

Except the Today's Golfer robot test showed the opposite.  4 of the top 5 golf balls for 85 mph SS drivers were softer.  Since you can dial up 120mph that may not matter to you for many, many, years.

Regards

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gioreeko said:

MGS tested and showed soft balls are short for everyone.

You may want to look again.  If you look at all of the data, as swingspeed decreases, the ball speed difference does at well, in a non linear manner.  Once you get to the wedge speed, the softer balls are actually fractionally faster.

Edited by NRJyzr

If you really look at the MGS test, the supposed trend of softer being shorter is very weak. There’s probably a bit of a trend there for high speeds but even then it is negligible compared to variability between ball models and golf swings. 

What that test does establish convincingly IMO is the much advertised opposite trend (low speeds lose distance with firm balls) is completely non-existent.

The fact of the matter is the major ball makers know how to make both firm and soft balls which work fine for both fast and slow swingers. Not sure that was easily done a decade ago but nowadays we’re in a golden age of golf ball quality and performance. 

It is pretty typical of MGS to do a well constructed, thorough test, provide valuable results, then over interpret some tiny little difference to create their click-bait “impactful” headline.

Like when they declared the original Kirkland ball to be 15 yards longer than anything else on the market. Their actual results were useful (I.e. wow this is a really great ball amazingly cheap and you ought to try it) but they can’t stop there. They have to hype it ridiculously over the top. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about it, and at my local Costco I was going to buy rack of lamb on Thursday but couldn't find any. I asked one of the guys in the butcher's section and he said they haven't seen it for 3 weeks. 

Lamb comes from Australia. These balls come from [I assume] China. 

How much of this could just be the screwy supply chains that we've been dealing with worldwide all year and right now the pinch is K3.2 [and Aussie lamb]? 

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Stupid question: how do you know what generation a ball is?

I found one yesterday on the tee box of 5 and played it through 9. I thought it played great, but I'm still not buying any. 🤣

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged Blade 4, 5, 7-PW

Mizuno MP-68 6 iron

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips