2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

5 minutes ago, torbill said:

Wow, a final opinion on a sample size of one.

Wild guess:  you’re not involved in any sort of scientific experimentation or statistical analysis, right?

If you look way, way back up near the top of this thread there was a guy said he got hold of an original 4pc KSIG ball, hit one tee shot with it and it went (I don't remember the number, something like 30 yards) farther than he'd ever hit a drive in his life. He said that was good enough for him, it was obviously the best ball ever made. 

You can't argue with logic like that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, torbill said:

Wow, a final opinion on a sample size of one.

Wild guess:  you’re not involved in any sort of scientific experimentation or statistical analysis, right?

Oh, we are going that route based on just a simple little experience I shared?

Okay, let's do this, I have some time today.

Yea, wow it's amazing that I didn't like the way it sounded or feel at all after just 1 shot. Yea, I should have actually spent time hitting the piece of glass over and over again until I go insane or maybe even liking the ball THEN share a long written and detailed essay about it, like this post I'm making or even longer.

Now about your guess, if you're referring to me being involved in Kirkland balls specifically, the answer is no. BRAVO! You made a very educational wild guess.

BUT if you are asking me of my involvement in golf ball QA testing and development then my most recent one was for Chromax. I know the lady owner personally actually.

And I don't think you need to know my previous projects in the golf industry.

I feel very accomplished writing this little essay to respond to you, but I hope my so called detailed reply is more than satisfactory this time. (Do you sense my sarcasm and feel of regret stooping down to your level?)

R11s V3 - Kai'li White / Fubuki V / Diamana X

R15 430 - Kai'li White / Kiyoshi White
Miura - OBAN kiyoshi white 62g
Miura 3W - OBAN kiyoshi purple 75g
Miura Black baby blades & CB57 - PXi 6.0
Miura Y-grind,C-grind, K-grind
Miura KM-350 & 008

14 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Now, that's the first time I've heard of a golf ball being compared to glass...rocks, oranges, marbles yes, but never glass.  I've never hit glass with a golf club so that is so foreign to me. 😆

Hehe, it's just the immediate reaction I had at the time.

• Like 1

Miura KM-350 & 008

7 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

This guy said I hit a Kirkland ball and it felt like glass so I chucked it. Ladies and gentleman this is the internet. 

I agree this is the internet where no one can share a no intention opinion based on a limited experience and the home of the big headed ego policing the internet 😃

Don't worry, this is my last post to this particular thread. My eggs just got done boiling and they are more important to me. 

Miura KM-350 & 008

4 minutes ago, Saijin said:

I agree this is the internet where no one can share a no intention opinion based on a limited experience and the home of the big headed ego policing the internet 😃

Don't worry, this is my last post to this particular thread. My eggs just got done boiling and they are more important to me. 

If you make a dumb post I’m going to call you out. See ya!

• Like 2

FWIW, I did one time find some kind of no-name "distance" ball in the rough while playing down at the beach. I hit one iron shot with it and clank it made was so awful I couldn't believe it. Tried it on a wedge shot and it made an even word thud. 

Tossed in the nearby water hazard. Didn't want anyone else to find it and have to experience the horror I did.😇 Made a one-piece range ball feel like a Balata.

8 minutes ago, Rippin6Gears said:

I just picked up these new 4 pieces performance + at Costco this morning, and played a round. Nothing but great things am seeing for the price. 

The Performance Plus is a 3pc model.

They don't currently have a 4pc in the KIRKLAND range, alas.

For those who like Islay scotches, Costco currently has a Kirkland Signature Islay Single malt scotch for $40. It is good tasting and an even better value at $40.

• Like 3

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

4 hours ago, Saijin said:

Found a kirkland ball, hit it once and I thought it felt like glass... tossed it away

Me, but with Vice balls.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

I'm a happy owner of new double dozen of the Ksig 3 piece. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts. Although, I wanted to finish off my soft feels and have plenty of them, I noticed the pallet was very low and grabbed one last night. They had plenty of golf gloves and the wedge sets were moving well. I'm new at Coscto and found out that they only take Visa or debit, WTF? No Discover or Mastercard?

Edited by Tanner25

6 minutes ago, Tanner25 said:

I'm a happy owner of new double dozen of the Ksig 3 piece. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts. Although, I wanted to finish off my soft feels and have plenty of them, I noticed the pallet was very low and grabbed one last night. They had plenty of golf gloves and the wedge sets were moving well. I'm new at Coscto and found out that they only take Visa or debit, WTF? No Discover or Mastercard?

Another one who has drank the Kirkland Kool Aid!  LOL.  Come in, the water's fine......

You do realize that you now will never be able to pay $40-$50/dozen for balls again....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Another one who has drank the Kirkland Kool Aid!  LOL.  Come in, the water's fine......

You do realize that you now will never be able to pay $40-$50/dozen for balls again....

Thanks, wantacigar. Glad to be in the club! Although, I can afford the 40-50 per dozen. I just don't see the value. If a cheaper ball can give a taste of the green side spin, I am all in! 

1 minute ago, Tanner25 said:

Thanks, wantacigar. Glad to be in the club! Although, I can afford the 40-50 per dozen. I just don't see the value. If a cheaper ball can give a taste of the green side spin, I am all in! 

These balls perform just like any other tour level ball from 1/3 to 1/4 the price.  I have two friends with 3 and 6 hcps that switched from the PV1 to this ball as their regular gamer.  Our Sunday mens group plays a coastal links course with a lot of water and it's a lot more comfortable starting with a new sleeve of Ksig's than a new sleeve of a $4.50 ball.  THE ONLY REASON I'm using 2019 TP5 and TP5x's right now is I got a lot of them at a "fire sale" at a ridiculously cheap price (about $5 more per doz than the Ksig or $1.42/ball vs. $1.00/ball for the Ksig) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

Yeah, they're exclusively Visa if you shop in-warehouse. Before it was Visa, they were exclusively with someone else (I can't remember who).

However, if you shop on Costco.com, you can use Mastercard and Discover there. The prices in-warehouse might be cheaper though for certain items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

They used to accept only AMEX. They changed to Visa years ago. The reason is that they negotiated a much lower rate for merchant fees AND got better reward terms for the members. Win win for everyone, except AMEX.

and before that, Discover. I remember Amex gearing up for the loss of the Costco partnership by going to banks and other merchants (Macy’s comes to mind) to replace the wallet share they were losing out. 

On 6/23/2021 at 11:43 AM, Saijin said:

Hehe, it's just the immediate reaction I had at the time.

Funny, when I first hit the KSig, it felt like hitting an athletic sock, or maybe a Swiffer duster. As I became more familiar with the ball, if felt like hitting a ski boot, or a cup of hot chocolate. 

• Haha 3

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

4 minutes ago, Girevik said:

With our without marshmallows? 

It varies based on if I'm wearing a light colored shirt or a dark colored shirt. 😆

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

On 6/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, betarhoalphadelta said:

It was terrible. I mean, Taco Bell was better than this.

You write this as if implying Taco Bell is not some of the best food available on God's green earth. If you told me I'd have 2 hole in ones in a single round, but i could never have a Taco Bell kay-sah-dee-yah again, I would turn down your offer.

As far as K-sig balls go I'm thinking about picking up 2 dozen over my normally played Chrome Soft. Curious how big of a different I'd notice if at all. Annoying when barely missing a fairway on a tight course costs me 2 or 3 dollars

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

1 hour ago, rooski said:

You write this as if implying Taco Bell is not some of the best food available on God's green earth. If you told me I'd have 2 hole in ones in a single round, but i could never have a Taco Bell kay-sah-dee-yah again, I would turn down your offer.

As far as K-sig balls go I'm thinking about picking up 2 dozen over my normally played Chrome Soft. Curious how big of a different I'd notice if at all. Annoying when barely missing a fairway on a tight course costs me 2 or 3 dollars

Doooo iiiiiiittttt  You will not regret it.   If I didn't get a lot of 2019 TP5x and TP5 rediculously cheap, the KSig 3.2 would be my gamer.  When I run out of the TP5's because my son just uses whatever ball I'm using (my son is like a 24 hcp) The KSig 3.2 will return to being my gamer. I still have 8 dozen KSig 3.2 sitting in reserve

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PeterHenric said:

Every Costco here in Vegas has full pallets of them. I've never not seen one in store since they were introduced.

Ironically...

I'd seen boxes upon boxes of 3.2's every visit to Costco.  Until last night, nothing.  Golf clubs, gloves, bags....  no golf balls.  

Especially ironic because I'd thought about buying some as I walked in to the store.  It's a sign!  The golf gods have spoken!   LOL

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Ironically...

I'd seen boxes upon boxes of 3.2's every visit to Costco.  Until last night, nothing.  Golf clubs, gloves, bags....  no golf balls.  

Especially ironic because I'd thought about buying some as I walked in to the store.  It's a sign!  The golf gods have spoken!   LOL

Oddly my local had the wedges, putters, and gloves up in one of the very prominent front areas last week.

The Sun Country bags and the K3.2 were way off in another area, along the side of the store. The supply of K3.2 was very low. 

I thought it was odd that all the golf wasn't in the same place... 

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

38 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Oddly my local had the wedges, putters, and gloves up in one of the very prominent front areas last week.

The Sun Country bags and the K3.2 were way off in another area, along the side of the store. The supply of K3.2 was very low. 

I thought it was odd that all the golf wasn't in the same place... 

they have a weird philosophy that the store should be a treasure hunt… I’m not sure I agree with it.

I assume they moved the stuff to the front they are trying to sell faster, but who knows?

(source: I was a Costco employee for less than a month)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore