2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

7 hours ago, jpdx said:

What? Is that for real? Whose?

oh and ksig 3pc back online. 

Oh its for real, no Pro is playing it, its just stuck in a tree at TPC Summerlin...My keen eyesight noticed it on an exiting shot from the PGA Tour Live feed from the event yesterday...I was out in Vegas at the end of July playing in a tournament at Pauite over a few days and stumbled upon a couple handful laying in various spots in the desert while looking for playing partners wild tee shots...I just giggled every time I saw one and thought about this thread...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 6:00 AM, wantacigar said:

Boy!  this conversation died quickly.

Actually played with the KSig 3.1 last week.  Was playing a links course with ALOT of water and swamp.  Lost 2 new TP5's first 3 holes.  Ouch.... switched to the Ksig 3.1

Anywho, driver distance was pretty good.  Couldn't tell you if there was and distance loss.  This course has a steady wind out of the W-SW 8-15 all the time.  I hit a 235-240 yd drive into the wind.  Not bad.  Had a 115 yds into the pin into the wind.  PW went 105-110 and spun back a full yard.  I feel I've lost maybe 5 yds on the irons with other shots I hit.  That ball actually felt good off the clubface and was pretty durable for the 7 holes until I hit a fairway wood, pulled left into a coastal stream separating the 18th fairway and the access road.  I have 1.5 dozen of these left from my original 2 dozen purchase.  I keep them around just for days like this.

Maybe you can try to play a crap ball on water holes? When I lived in Vegas, I used to play that Callaway Golf Center @ the end of the strip. I would take all the range balls I'd find scattered about, put them in my pocket and use them solely for water holes.

I remember the Marshalls would think I was stealing them, NOPE! I'm Just not very good and didn't want to lose a half a dozen or so balls on the various water holes they have there. They realized that after awhile. Never took 1 ball from there. Had fun using theirs though. 🙂

Edited by GolferJeff

11 minutes ago, GolferJeff said:

Maybe you can try to play a crap ball on water holes? When I lived in Vegas, I used to play that Callaway Golf Center @ the end of the strip. I would take all the range balls I'd find scattered about, put them in my pocket and use them solely for water holes.

I remember the Marshalls would think I was stealing them, NOPE! I'm Just not very good and didn't want to lose a half a dozen or so balls on the various water holes they have there. They realized that after awhile. Never took 1 ball from there. Had fun using theirs though. 🙂

But...you did steal their balls if you sent them to the watery grave. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

9 hours ago, GolferJeff said:

You're lucky. The Costco near me NEVER has them in stock.

After several visits to my local Costco with no golfballs in sight, they had a well stocked pallet on my most recent visit.  Picked up a box, though I didn't need one.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Just finally returned the double box I bought prior to swapping to the MTB-X. Had considered keeping them and dropping them in my son's bag when he runs out of balls, but I find enough lost golf balls in an average round to keep him stocked for a good long while. 

Maybe K4.3 will be a better ball, but after the ball test came out I determined that I just don't need a ball that spins as much as the K3.2.  

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

7 minutes ago, GolferJeff said:

Not really, since they dragged the water holes every few days for balls. Besides, they were range balls.

First, a range ball is the worst ball you can use on the course no matter how bad of a player you are. Second, range balls still cost the course money and not sure about that place but courses don't typically drag water hazards for balls. How would they even do that? I've seen divers go in to water hazards here and those guys are the ones that find balls for the resale sites (assuming they pay the course to be able to dive on their property). 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

16 hours ago, bhj83 said:

But...you did steal their balls if you sent them to the watery grave. 🤦🏻‍♂️

You're a 1.7 handicap and you can't carry water holes? 

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

9 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

You're a 1.7 handicap and you can't carry water holes? 

Are you talking to me? I'm not the one taking range balls and using them on water holes lol. 

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

2 hours ago, bhj83 said:

Are you talking to me? I'm not the one taking range balls and using them on water holes lol. 

my bad, I quoted the wrong person, my bad! I was sure there was something wrong with that, lol

Maltby TSW sand wedge

On 10/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, GolferJeff said:

I need something to do with these balls.  There is something you should know.  I have a ball problem that needs a 12 step.  When the Ksig 3.2 came out last year, I liked them and bought 6 dozen.  I got a good deal on some Taylor Made TP5, 5x and Tour Response (Great Ball!)  So bought 6 dozen each.  I have 3 doz. Callaway Diablo Tours still sitting on a shelf, 3 dozen Snell MTBx personalized that I got as a birthday gift (Another great ball) and about 4 dozen other various balls that I've accumulated over the years.  I keep one to two sleeves of the Ksig 3.1 in my bag as water balls or "having a bad day" balls.  I have to do something with these balls.  If I'm playing with a high handicapper and they are losing a lot of balls, I give them a sleeve.   If I don't get rid of some of these balls, I'll be sleeping on the couch.  🤪

1 hour ago, wantacigar said:

I need something to do with these balls.  There is something you should know.  I have a ball problem that needs a 12 step.  When the Ksig 3.2 came out last year, I liked them and bought 6 dozen.  I got a good deal on some Taylor Made TP5, 5x and Tour Response (Great Ball!)  So bought 6 dozen each.  I have 3 doz. Callaway Diablo Tours still sitting on a shelf, 3 dozen Snell MTBx personalized that I got as a birthday gift (Another great ball) and about 4 dozen other various balls that I've accumulated over the years.  I keep one to two sleeves of the Ksig 3.1 in my bag as water balls or "having a bad day" balls.  I have to do something with these balls.  If I'm playing with a high handicapper and they are losing a lot of balls, I give them a sleeve.   If I don't get rid of some of these balls, I'll be sleeping on the couch.  🤪

There's going to be a ball shortage, well for non-wrxers that is, play the card when questioned...

57910074.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

There's going to be a ball shortage, well for non-wrxers that is, play the card when questioned...

1 hour ago, wantacigar said:

If there's a ball shortage, you will be sitting on a treasure trove. Just tell her that this is a smart, well researched, investment 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I decided to try this ball out after a few years off from it.  it's fall here so there is room to try new things.  The Ksig in its current form is decent but I dont like it around the greens.  The spin rate seems lower and off the putter it seems jumpy to me.  I had a lot of trouble stopping it on chips and pitches.

4 minutes ago, chrisf60526 said:

I decided to try this ball out after a few years off from it.  it's fall here so there is room to try new things.  The Ksig in its current form is decent but I dont like it around the greens.  The spin rate seems lower and off the putter it seems jumpy to me.  I had a lot of trouble stopping it on chips and pitches.

That's strange. It's probably the highest spinning ball out there. Maybe you were having an off day or something else contributed to that. Here is the snippet about the ball from the huge test at MGS:

Kirkland Performance+ V2 Always a curiosity because of its price point, the Kirkland Performance+ V2 was surprisingly consistent but easily qualifies as the spiniest ball in the test. It’s an inexpensive though decidedly niche offering. Golfers often want more spin but probably not this much.

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

30 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

That's strange. It's probably the highest spinning ball out there.

I don't know if the spiniest but I found the v1 version to check up more on shots around the green more than any ball I have tried in the last 20yrs. It was shorter off the tee for me, probably because it spun so much. But man, around the greens it was magical.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

1 hour ago, Bad9 said:

I don't know if the spiniest but I found the v1 version to check up more on shots around the green more than any ball I have tried in the last 20yrs. It was shorter off the tee for me, probably because it spun so much. But man, around the greens it was magical.

I set aside the first iteration for the same reason.  Kept it primarily for Classic rounds with persimmons or laminates.

Might do the same thing with the v2 I just bought...

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

7 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I set aside the first iteration for the same reason.  Kept it primarily for Classic rounds with persimmons or laminates.

Might do the same thing with the v2 I just bought...

Is the v2 as spinny?

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

3 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Is the v2 as spinny?

It's hard to quantify, but I'd say slightly less.  It's still at or near the top for spin, and it still sticks like velcro. 

They did fix the ballspeed issue, where the v1 was a bit slower than most others.  But if higher spin hurts one's game, v2 isn't going to be appreciably different that way.

As a pointless example that won't really help:  Was playing a scramble yesterday.  Had a 70 yd wedge shot to a green.  Hit a partial 53* that's my usual shot for that distance, the ball hit and sat down within a couple feet.

The hardest part for me at the moment when putting these in play is adapting to the feel, especially in October Minnesota temperatures.  I've been playing Duo Pro and Chrome Soft, both of which are considerably softer.  It's not that the KSig is firm, just firmer than what I've been playing.  😉

3 hours ago, chrisf60526 said:

Odd, it's probably the spinniest ball out there. I can make it zip off the green with wedges. 

Maltby TSW sand wedge