Clubs everyone else loves, and you don't: ie Apex CF16

sfdoddsy

Where to start.... Over-hyped stuff I can't stand:

Titleist drivers...

Callaway balls

Nike golf clubs or balls (love their clothes)

2-ball putter

Face Insert putters (all of them)

Super Stroke putter grips

Gimme some time, I'll think of a lot more....

ZA

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White drivers

Any lob wedge

3-woods. These cost me more they help me. Plus it bugs me that the second longest club in my bag isn't called 2. I realise this is my issue, not the OEM's

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour75R
Taylormade M1 3HL
Callaway Apex 3 hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-P
Callaway MackDaddy 4 50& 56 W-grind
Scotty Cameron Newport original

The Hammer X has a cult like following on here

It was too hooky for me, even in the tour issue version

I put a Matrix Ozik TP6HD in mine tour issued Hammer X. I know $1000 is a lot to pay for a shaft but it really brought this driver to life. I'm averaging 365 off of the tee and that's carry distance. With roll out I'm getting an easy 405-410. Dispersion is great too. The last 10 rounds I have hit 97% of the fairways and the bad ones were only off by a couple of yards. I highly recommend it!

I'm really not a fan of the last few generations of the Pro V/X, they are so firm off the putter and really don't do anything special for the price.

AP2 irons... Absolutely horrible things, they literally have no feel.

Cleveland wedges, the leading edge is so rounded that if I don't blade the shot I'm digging a trench. just cannot get past the look of these things.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

VSteel. Flame suit on, sorry not sorry.

I have couple of V-steels--a 7w which is pretty much in my bag permanently, and 4w which is a backup to my regular 4w--and I can see where you're coming from.

They are not the easiest to hit, but when hit right they feel so good. I've hit some beauties this season with the 7w, but if I had a 230 yard shot over water, well I wouldn't risk it with the V-steel.

I put a Matrix Ozik TP6HD in mine tour issued Hammer X. I know $1000 is a lot to pay for a shaft but it really brought this driver to life. I'm averaging 365 off of the tee and that's carry distance. With roll out I'm getting an easy 405-410. Dispersion is great too. The last 10 rounds I have hit 97% of the fairways and the bad ones were only off by a couple of yards. I highly recommend it!

365 off the tee. What are you the Hulk?

Srixon Z545

Might have been the shafts but they did not work for me. Georgeous to look at but hit the ball on a terrible trajectory.

went too low for me. Look nice no performance.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Pretty much every TaylorMade driver since the Burner Bubble. I'm not a hater, I just haven't liked any of them.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Miura ... yes I said it, how can you play something that you don't know you even hit the ball.

That buttery feel that everyone raves about actually was the worst thing ever.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* UST Lin-Q 7F5

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* UST Lin-Q 8F5

Mizuno Fli-Hi 2 Tensei Orange 100TX

Mizuno 223 Pro 4-GW DG TI X100

Taylormade TW MG3 56/60 BGT ZNE 130
Taylormade Spyder Aluminum Face (Still waiting for it in the Mail)

Well this topic is perfect for Mizuno. Mizuno has been loved by some of the worst golfers and yet even some of the medicore golfers across this great world.. When ever someone brings up Mizuno's as "great" all the giggles start. . Lets face it Mizunos are the walmart clubs of golf, which is fine .

...You are being sarcastic right? The wal-mart clubs of golf? That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever come across on this site. Mizuno has always made some of the best forged blades around and will continue to do so. Ever noticed how you rarely ever see any sort of commercials or advertisement for their MP lines? It's because the clubs sell themselves due to their quality...

365 average carry, and 405-410 roll out?

:cheesy: I hope no one thinks this guy is serious.

Put me in the Super Stroke and Ping hater group. I've just never liked the feel at all of Ping drivers. I know plenty of people that hit them a mile, but they just never worked for me.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

For me it's Pro V1s, Scotty Cameron Putters, and Callaway drivers. I just don't get along with the Pro V1s. There are other quality balls for less that perform just as good. Same thing with Scotty Cameron putters. You can find other putters that can be customized for a little more or a little less depending on your price point that feel better, like Kingston putters. I got one for a lot less than an OTR Scotty for Christmas, and it feels way better to me. As far as Callaway drivers, I just don't like the looks of them. They are good drivers, but just ugly to me.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

why do i not hear anything about the HAMMER!!! by far the worst club i have ever hit lol. Honestly i only hit it because i found one laying around our golf shop and was curious if it would sound like a missle or a F16. Neither happened and i was sorely disappointed :( ooooo....... lets not foget PING CRAZ-E putters. what a foul looking putter

Jetspeed Driver for me. Lot of love on here for it's forgiveness, etc. so I tried it and switched back to SLDR after a range session.

SLDR Tour ADbb
Adams Black Superhybrid 15* Aldila Voodo
Taylormade Rescue TP 18* Rip Alpha 85
Callaway Apex Forged 4-p Kbs Tour
Ping Tour S 49* Taylormade XFT TP 52/58
Custom Lajosi DD201

Titleist drivers and irons

NDMC grips

Cleveland wedges

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5

Taylormade R15 driver, the ball goes a mile but has the feel and feedback of a steel girder.

I kept checking the face had not cracked after some shots so hard was the feel of the ball off the face.

Love the feel of the titleist drivers but they spin like a top for me. Just drop out of the sky post apex. Tried lots of different shafts to no avail.

Ok. This will really upset some people....Cobra fly z+ drivers, King LTD Driver, F6+ and Pro drivers. And this is coming from a previous to those Cobra woods fan. Those 3 drivers tried with numerous shafts. They were shorter than most, performed worse than most, AND felt and sounded like Crap!!! Speed Channel=Garbage ?

I'm not gonna point to a particular brand or model of club, but rather an epidemic of "tiny" proportions. The thing that has caused me to miss out on more great deals on here than I can count. The thing that despite it's intended practicality, still sucks the life out of me. I'm speaking of the 44 or 44.5 inch driver. That's right, I said it. Everyone feel free to pile on about how much more control you get and how that's way more important than a couple extra yards. Hogwash! For God sakes people, please just leave your driver 45 or longer and choke down. It's the same thing and you don't destroy the hopes and dreams of people that click on your bst link with excitement only to be devastated that the driver they so desperately wanted is 3 wood length and so close to your face at address you can see your reflection in it. Please, I beg, stop the madness my fellow brothers. Ride up and be all you can be. Grasp that 45.5 inches of pure whippin stick and swing it like you know what you're doing. And if you find yourself on that tight par 4 with no bailout, simply slide your hands down a half inch or grab a 3 wood, because once you cut that shaft guess what: I can't choke my way back up the length that isn't there! God bless and have a good night

[size=3][i][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Today's Junk...[/font][/b][/i]

[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Epic Subzero: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Grandura 510[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Woods:[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] Callaway Epic: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Kiyoshi Purple[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Japan Legacy Forged[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MD PM Grind[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Black Lab BL-1: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Fuji Ferrari[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Bag: [/font][/b][/color][color=#4b0082][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]BMW Motorsports Caddy Bag[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ball: [/font][/b][/color][color=#4b0082][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Chromesoft[/font][/b][/color][/size]