Shark's WITB: Living Room Edition

Currently playing to a: 3.2 index

I just finished up a swing change and the pieces are falling into place. I now have a range right around the corner from my work so I'm hoping to keep my index trending down. Finally happy with my bag so I thought it would be a good time to start up a WITB.

Driver:

Currently Occupied by a Tour Issue Cleveland Classic 290 w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 5.1 in stiff tipped 1". Loft is 11 degrees and it plays a couple degrees open. I've always played a cut with the driver so it helps take the left side out of play. I'm not 100% happy with it, I'm hoping to try to pick up either an M1 or M2 in the near future. Though every time I'm about to take the leap the 290 decides to perform lights out. Replacing it is a tough task.

3 wood:

My go-to. Callaway XR 15 degree. Stock LZ shaft in S. I have no idea why this club works but it does. It really works. It's by far the best 3 wood i've ever hit. It was purchased as an experiment, I was going to throw in a heavier, stiffer shaft but the LZ just performs in it. Im never changing this thing up.

Hybrid:

Currently bagging a 2009 Taylormade Burner in 19 degree. Stock stiff shaft though its been tipped 1/2". This used to be a locked spot but with the swing change I'm starting to over-spin this club. Im looking to hopefully transition into a more modern deeper faced hybrid or a Utility iron. Either way it performs well enough for now.

Irons:

Srixon Z745 4-PW shafted with DG TI S400s.

Love these things. Played 1" over but standard loft/lie. Incredibly soft forgings and surprisingly forgiving for how small the cavity is. A little long heel to toe but besides that they're perfect.

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM5s in 50F, 54F, and 58K with DG X100s

These guys started their life as satin blacks but were stripped to a gunmetal finish. They developed a nice patina over time and I love the way they look now.

Putter:

Odyssey Versa #7 with Superstroke 3.0 + w/ counter-weight

The "spaceship on a stick". I love this thing and am putting better with it than i've ever putted. The downside is the paint chips if you even look at it funny. I'm looking to refinish it to all black with a black shaft.

Bag:

Ping Hoofer

Simply one of the best bags out there. I went with white and love the look.

Headcovers:

Rose and Fire

Cant say enough nice things about this company. The best customer service around and great quality.

Thanks for looking! Im not a pro photographer so I won't bother you guys with blurry pictures of stock clubs :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone can have a Ping bag without a single Ping club I will never know

I have a Ping Hoofer and a Ping Mascot and I don't have a single Ping club in either. Ping just happens to make some of the best golf bags.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

I have a Ping Hoofer and a Ping Mascot and I don't have a single Ping club in either. Ping just happens to make some of the best golf bags.

Absolutely..but id carry my clubs in a garbage bag before using a Ping bag without a Ping club

I did the same thing. Not one ping club but I had a 4 Under for a very long time. Some of the best bags in the business.

You should look into getting one AJ, I think they have free personalization for the front pocket so you can get your nickname "TROLL" stitched on it.

Nice sticks, OP.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Absolutely..but id carry my clubs in a garbage bag before using a Ping bag without a Ping club

I did the same thing. Not one ping club but I had a 4 Under for a very long time. Some of the best bags in the business.

You should look into getting one AJ, they have free personalization for the front pocket so you can get your nickname "TROLL" stitched on it.

Nice sticks, OP.

A little harsh, just an observation. I didnt say anything negative about the OP or his set up- simply implied that I'm a little crazy. But whatever

I had a G30 driver when I bought the bag actually but yeah, ping makes the best bags so I have no issue using their bag without any ping clubs. Most guys my age that I play with have ping bags from college golf and don't have a single ping club in them.

You should look into getting one AJ, I think they have free personalization for the front pocket so you can get your nickname "TROLL" stitched on it.

Nice sticks, OP.

Thanks man, same to you. Maybe one day I'll own a circle T!

Op nice sticks and nice bag too. Does it get dirty? They are nice and I've checked them out but then id have to buy a couple ping clubs!

Not really. I've been riding a bit lately and some of the ink from the cart strap is rubbing off on it a bit but besides that it looks great. I've had it around 2 years. I wouldn't worry about the clubs. I've never had anyone say a single word about it till now.

Op nice sticks and nice bag too. Does it get dirty? They are nice and I've checked them out but then id have to buy a couple ping clubs!

Not really. I've been riding a bit lately and some of the ink from the cart strap is rubbing off on it a bit but besides that it looks great. I've had it around 2 years. I wouldn't worry about the clubs. I've never had anyone say a single word about it till now.

Lol I could care less what other people say/think...mentally I just couldn't do it

Lol I could care less what other people say/think...mentally I just couldn't do it

I get that. I got the R&F headcovers because I hated looking at contrasting branded headcovers. Gotta feel comfortable out there no matter how silly the quirk is.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice bag! Quality from various brands. The Rose and Fire stuff is fashionable and functional!

Thank you! I'm pretty happy with how it's set up now. I love the R&F stuff, it's really a great company. The color of the aqua blue has faded a tad in the sun, it's closer to a Tiffany now. I'm hoping it doesn't fade much more, I like where it's at now!

Relax guys, Sun Mountain and Ogio don't make clubs.....but you see tons of people using them

Ping G425 LST - / Black Ops stiff shaft
Titleist 915F  15*
Titleist 915H - 21° 3-Hybrid
Titleist- 718 AP1s 4-GW,
Vokey- SM9s - 52*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cam GoLo 6
Titleist Tour Speed

I've got the same bag. It's the best stand bag in my opinion. I have zero ping clubs, but have used ping bags for more than 10 years (only 2 bags, they last well). Great setup, and love the headcovers too

Stealth+ Driver, Hzrdus Black Gen4 60

Stealth+ 3W, Hzrdus Black Gen4 70

PXG Gen6 5W, Hzrdus Black Gen4 70

Titleist U505 4 iron, Hzrdus Black RDX Smoke 90

Mizuno Pro 223 5-P, Nippon Modus 105

Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 60M, S200

Jailbird 380 White Hot

Relax guys, Sun Mountain and Ogio don't make clubs.....but you see tons of people using them

Exactly. A quality bag is a quality bag, doesn't matter what clubs are in it IMO

I've got the same bag. It's the best stand bag in my opinion. I have zero ping clubs, but have used ping bags for more than 10 years (only 2 bags, they last well). Great setup, and love the headcovers too

I love it and hope to keep it for a long time! I love the number of pockets on it and the strap system so I will use it till it dies on me.

Thank you!

Nice bag.

Where in the Bay Area are you playing?

I'm playing quite a bit in San Leandro at Monarch Bay since it's right by my work. I practice mostly there or at the Bridges in San Ramon. There's lots of great tracks in the area though!

Haven't played Monarch Bay, the Bridges is just down the road from me. I don't mind Dublin Ranch for a quick round, agree with you that we're spoilt for choice.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52 & 58
Edel E-2

• 1 month later...

I'll need to update this, M1 is firmly in the bag, it's been awesome for me.

Srixon Z745s are in my dads bag now, I replaced them with a mixed set of 716 CB/MBs. Engages kicked out the Vokeys and have been money for me.

I'm considering ordering a Lajosi flowneck as the Odyssey has been rough for me on slower greens. HC is down to a 2.8, game is in a good place right now.