DST Compressor

Minarets

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered one of these as getting my hands in front has always been a problem. I liked the Tour Striker but really only off mats.

What else does this teach you to do besides shaft lean? Does it force anything else? Or is this easily cheated? And is it pretty easy to take these swings back to your own clubs?

Good device?

This was a go to club for re-grooving my swing. It is also an awesome warmup tool

Love mine. Total game changer for me. Greatly improved my ball striking. Translates well to all my clubs especially the irons and wedges giving me increased distance and accuracy.

Best words used to describe it! It is a game changer. I learnt how to use it and now I only warm up with 6-10 range shots before my round, just to remind me to position the eyes on what is now the imaginary line with my eyes, bottom of hosel and club face in my real club.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Srixon XV balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

So I got my first range session with my CR-10 today. I actually hit it better than I thought I would overall, but I can tell I still have some work to do. I caught plenty thin and fat today. My biggest swing flaw is that my backswing gets too long, and that leads to all sorts of problems when trying to get everything to sync up. I noticed with this, my best shots were with more compact swings, and the distance was the same as my normal 8 iron.

As for translating into my normal clubs, I struggled a bit with that. A big part of it is that my backswing felt shorter, so I felt like I had to go at it harder to compensate. Once I started to relax and just hit it, contact got a lot better. I was able to hit some of the most pure shots that I've hit in a while as a result. I did struggle a little bit pushing the ball with my longer irons and hybrids. Contact was really good, just flew straight right. Once I moved the ball a bit forward, it straightened out for me. I even hit my driver on the range better than I have in a long time as well. Ballflight was flatter with it, and it still carried the same distance.

Overall, I really like this club. It'll help me keep my swing in somewhat decent shape going into my coaching season beginning in October and stretching all the way through April. The only thing I would change about it is the shaft. The Apollo shaft in it is way lighter than my s400 shafts in my irons. That's something that I'll probably change in the next few weeks. I have an extra s300 shaft laying around that I can throw in there.

And I don't know if it matters about my golf game, but my handicap ranges from a 8-12 throughout the year. I teach high school and coach most of the year, so that's when my handicap begins to creep up. I tend to drive the ball well, and have a pretty good short game. My irons are not as consistent, which is why I bought this.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- AV Raw White 65s

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood with Aldila NV 2KXV 70s and Radspeed Tour 5w turned up to 18.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)
Irons:  Adams 23* Super 9031 (Proforce Tour Weight Iron shaft), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with DGTI s400
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with DGTI s400 shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*.   

Putter: White Hot OG 7s with Stability Tour Black or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

• 3 months later...

I have had this for awhile, but just started using it again. It does seem to help me with a more descending blow with my irons, as I am typically a sweeper. My divots are typically wildly inconsistent; sometimes no divot, sometimes a very deep divot, and then sometimes a nice divot. Here is what I did on the range today, alternating between the DST compressor and my 8 iron. Much more uniform divots (the bottom 3 uniform rows of divots are me).

Seeing this photo of what you have done to your driving range assures me that your photo is on the wall of all local greenskeepers with a substantial reward for anyone who can break both your arms! Have you no clue re: driving range turf management? Please, visit a PGA tournament and look at the divot patterns left by the pros after they finish practicing. OMG!

Divot treatment varies course to course. Divots spaced out will grow back over faster than a big patch of turf removed. Some supers like the patch look, some like the spread out look, and others like the straight line back. His isn't that bad of a pattern. In certain parts of the country, it would be grown over in a week.

I have had this for awhile, but just started using it again. It does seem to help me with a more descending blow with my irons, as I am typically a sweeper. My divots are typically wildly inconsistent; sometimes no divot, sometimes a very deep divot, and then sometimes a nice divot. Here is what I did on the range today, alternating between the DST compressor and my 8 iron. Much more uniform divots (the bottom 3 uniform rows of divots are me).

Seeing this photo of what you have done to your driving range assures me that your photo is on the wall of all local greenskeepers with a substantial reward for anyone who can break both your arms! Have you no clue re: driving range turf management? Please, visit a PGA tournament and look at the divot patterns left by the pros after they finish practicing. OMG!

thank you for clarifying. This is what our course superintendent prefers, to the point where he had a sign made. We have a large range, so space isn't an issue.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSi3 9 degree driver with LAGP Trono 65 stiff shaft
Titleist TSi2 15 degree fwy with Ventus Blue 70 stiff shaft
Ping G425 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8  stiff shaft
Srixon zx7 5-pw with Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
Vokey SM8 Raw wedges- 50, 54, and 60 degree with Steelfiber shafts
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe

Hello All,

Long time lurker, about time I finally get active on these boards.

I purchased one of these a few months back (the 8 iron), and it has not done much for me. Probably my own fault (almost guaranteed, man I need some real lessons). It is sitting around in my hitting area collecting dust. I thought it would be cool to pass this thing around if there are some people out there on the fence who want to give it a try?? Any one out there wanting to take me up on the offer? I would be happy to ship it off (or if someone is local to San Jose / Bay Area and could grab it in person). Once you give it a try it would be great if you could pass it to the next person who is still on the fence.

Happy New Year all, and I hope to post more.

Hello All,

I purchased one of these a few months back (the 8 iron), and it has not done much for me. Probably my own fault (almost guaranteed, man I need some real lessons). It is sitting around in my hitting area collecting dust. I thought it would be cool to pass this thing around if there are some people out there on the fence who want to give it a try?? Any one out there wanting to take me up on the offer? I would be happy to ship it off (or if someone is local to San Jose / Bay Area and could grab it in person). Once you give it a try it would be great if you could pass it to the next person who is still on the fence.

Very nice gesture.

Hello All,

Very nice gesture.

Thanks. I know what it is like to be on the fence with something like this. Figured this would be put to better use helping someone else make a decision than sitting around here. Also I it would be good Karma in my fight against this dreaded Club Ho' disease. haha

Great idea, we should have a BST sub just for training aids.

I've had the dst for a few months, and while I feel like it helps, I'm cognoscent that it can do as much harm as good, and train bad habits.

That is a great idea. There are a large number out there to try, and I know I would love to try them all! My wife may have other thoughts, haha. Also, I would hope it would not bother any of the manufacturers. I know some of these companies are smaller groups, and it must be a lot of work to be successful. Hopefully this would give them a chance to have more people try out their equipment, and lead to more purchases.

I picked one up, and can't wait to get it on the range. We had our first snow of the year, so Ive only hit into a net. Feels good though. I feel like when I'm striking the ball well, I have my hands forward like this promotes.

It really helps. Justin Rose, Henrik Stenson use what more do you need to know?

So, used it at the range today. Funny thing was that I was hitting it better than my own 8 iron. Little bit of a draw though. I really had to focus on not turning it over. Finally I tried standing a little closer with my normal 8, and feeling like I stayed over the ball a little more and bam, nice high easy draws. I would rather it be straight but I can work on that. My only issue with it is, it was making want to hold my normal irons with the handle leaning way forward at address.

I have a tour striker and is a good training aid. i like to try the DST, if anyone selling the DST 8 pm me please. Thanks

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

• 2 months later...

I just got the DST compressor and the customer service was amazing. I wanted the left handed version and they didn't have any in stock. I emailed them and they were amazing they said they would have them in stock by the end of the week. I ordered it on Monday and it was here by Friday. It comes with an instruction leaflet which clearly states what you need to do in order to get the most out of the club. We just got more snow here in MA but I can't wait to take this to the range this summer as I have a tendency to get flippy with my hands I'm hoping this will help. A lot of people complain about the grip on this club it looks like their version of a gp tour velvet. I would purchase from this company again in a heartbeat.