2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• ​Current USGA handicap: 6.7
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Shoot par for 18 holes.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I love the current line up at Callaway and the direction they are going. I have had the box store fitting, but I feel like getting into the full fitting would help my game and then I can move my goals to 2 under par.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current USGA Handicap: 1

Goals for 2017: At 42 I am officially and empty nester with our final child successfully off to college. As a result I am committed to playing more tournament golf next year with my primary goal to win an individual event for the first time since I was in high school. I also would love to get my index into + territory and to once again compete in USGA events.

Why would I want to attend this Callaway event: Golf has been such a huge part of my life since I was 7 years old. I grew up on a golf course playing every chance I got. I then played in high school before getting a college scholarship to play basketball and putting the sticks on the shelf for a few years. Since I started playing consistently again I have been on the search for the clubs that fit my game the best. For the 7 of the last ten years I have played Mizuno irons with many different brands mixed in the other 3 years. I have also played Titleist and Nike drivers for the past 10 years until I picked up a Callaway Big Bertha 816 double black diamond this year. Wow! I haven't hit the driver better than I did this year in a long time. I am very interested in seeing other options that Callaway is coming out with to see if they can help my game and push be even closer to reaching my goals. This would be a dream come true to have this type of experience and to be able to share this experience with the Golfwrx community.

​Current USGA handicap: 8

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: less rounds in the 90s and more rounds in the 70s. I need to hit more GIR and stop relying on my scrambling ability.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: First off, I travel the entire country regularly and feel that I belong in California, but due to personal circumstances I have to remain residing in Illinois. Secondly, I've never properly been fit for golf clubs before. I always rely on what I read and what I've learned and I go through a trial and error with many clubs throughout the year. A proper fitting would probably help with my goals for next year. Thanks for the opportunity.

Current USGA Handicap: +2.1

Goal for 2017: My goals for 2017 are to play Professional Golf and to qualify for the US Open.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?: My favorite golfer is Phil Mickelson. I would like to go and see the place where his clubs are made and to meet the people who create the products and the steps it takes to create and bring their golf equipment ideas to life. Also, I have never been fitted on Trackman with anything other than a Driver and 3 wood, so getting fit at this facility would let me know that all 14 clubs I am using are fitted and built for me, by the people who build them for the best in the world. Plus I am a lefty, and Callaway usually looks out for Left Handers when bringing golf equipment to the market.

• Current USGA handicap. Haven't carried one in a few years as I quit competing Average score 85-90
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017- Quite Simply to get my game back. I was once a very good Amateur with an index of +2. Qualified for the 1992 USGA Publinx in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota as well as many state and regional amateur events. In the past 5 years my game has left me to the point where I don't even think about competing in tournament golf anymore and with my kids growing up I just haven't had the time to work on my game to stay competitive as I once was. I just play for fun. But I miss tournament golf. I would love to get back to the level I was at so I could compete again.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've basically "self-fit" myself my entire life save for the one time I was professionally fit for a SLDR in a promotion. I would consider a proper fitting by the experts at Callaway to be the first, yet very important step in the process to get my game back.

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

• Current USGA handicap

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • as I'm turning 70, I'd love to finally shoot my age (or at least get my handicap back down to a low to mid single

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf
  • having played Callaway clubs from the original Big Bertha to my current XR16 gamer, and in an effort to regain the consistency I used to posses, getting properly fit for a full set can only help me to achieve my goals (plus it would be a pleasure to meet the movers and shakers at Callaway to discuss the future in golf club technology

CurrentUSGA Handicap- 7.4

State Goals for your golf game- To move from first flight of the Eastern shore of MD Golf tour to the Championship flight!

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- I've played golf for 25 years, worked very hard to get my game to where it is today; I've researched and studied golf clubs and components for years, fitted myself at big box retailers; I've never had the time or resources for a proper fitting; would be dream come true!

​Current USGA handicap:

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

I would like to get my HC into single digits, specifically targeting an HC of 5. I know I can do this by becoming more consistent in my scoring, reducing blow up holes, and putting better. Shot my first sub 80 score this year, so I'm excited for 2017

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I've never been professionally fit for any of my gear. I've gotten to my current set up by way of our BST, and I know that getting fit into something that actually works for me and has the numbers to back it up would go a long way to helping me achieve my golf goals for 2017 (and also stop my club ho-ing ways) and just give me confidence to go out there and play the best golf I can play. Since taking up the game 5 years ago, I've gone from an all Ping bag, to an all Taylormade bag, to an all Callaway bag (Razr Fit Extreme woods were awesome), and am now somewhere in between.

Thanks Callaway Golf for this massive opportunity!

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

To play in more amateur tournaments and to win the gross scores.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I have never been able to fit a full bag of clubs because no one has complete iron sets, only 6 irons so it is hard to trust numbers and fittings outside of maybe drivers. I feel I have done a decent job at self fitting, and would love to see if a tour quality fitting can beat my current clubs and improve my game.

Thanks for the chance!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

​• Current USGA handicap: +2

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My goals for the 2017 season are to drive the ball more accurately and improve the quality of my mid iron shots for those pesky par 3's. I also hope to get more time in working on my putting stroke.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I would like to attend this fitting at Callaway because I have always thought they made very good equipment but I haven't really given them a fair shot. I would love to get to know their brand better and talk to some of the employees about design and function of their clubs. Plus I haven't had a fitting in a while and it would be fun to get really dialed in :)

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

GHIN: 13.6(really inconsistent at this point in time)

2017 goals: I want to become more consistent with my game and make my "bad" rounds not as disastrous.

Why I'd like to be fit by Callaway in Carlsbad: I have never had a proper fitting and would really like to sort out the top of my bag. I'd especially be interested if gap testing is involved. Once I am outside of 165 or 175 yards my confidence is shot and I have to rely on my short game saving par or more likely bogey. I'm at the point where ego is out the window and I just want to play good to decent golf. The month or so between a possible selection and the event would be a shot in the arm for my game. It would give me a reason to practice and enjoy my time on the course more. Playing poorly for the last couple years has really tested my love of golf.

+1.8

I just am trying to see how good i can get.

Besides the chance for a custom fitting of that caliber , i have been trying to get better socially ands testing myself with things i would normally be too scared of. I wants to play in some more professional events next year ands that kind of fitting would be helpful.

Current USGA handicap: 5.9

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Get my handicap down a few strokes with practice & performance exercise.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: We all know being properly fit for clubs is the correct thing to do.

As far as I'm concerned most local golf shops don't have the knowledge and expertise the manufactures have, It would be a dream come true to be fit by the same professionals

who worked with one of my idols Mr. Arnold Palmer. Plus I would like you guys to see my original Heavenwood from 1999 that I made my only (so far) Double Eagle with.

Current Handicap: 17.6

Goals for 2017: Find more confidence on the green, reduce error percentage on pitches from 70 yards in, increase consistency off the tee. More than anything else practice and play more to move handicap as close to single digits as possible.

Why Callaway event: I love the commitment Callaway makes to the game and growing involvement/engagement at all levels. Callaway stands out from the tour to the mini tours all the way down to the local muni courses. In addition to the company and products I would love the chance to run into fellow 'Sconie native in Sean Toulon.

• Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score): 12.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Get to single digit by 12/31/16, to a 5 by 12/31/17, and to 0 by 12/31/18
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: To see the looks on my friends' faces when we play and I don't spray my tee shots and long approaches all over the planet, and my wedges find the green with Haley's MO-like regularity. I'm reasonably long and have started taking lessons in earnest (dropped from a 16 in April), but I'm waiting until I get to single digit to buy new gear. I'm still playing Callaway X-18s (yeah, I'm the loyal type) and despite several fittings over the years, nothing has defeated the champs. Hopefully there's a Steelhead XR set and some Mack Daddy wedges out there looking for a soulmate.

Current USGA handicap: 12.8

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: To break 80 consistently and eliminate penalty strokes from the score card to become a single digit handicap.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have never had a full bag fitting before. I have been fitted my Callaway irons at a local shop (300 miles away), but think there was some improvement left on the table and no local fitters exist close to me. The ability to attend and absorb all the knowledge available at Callaway would be immense. I think I could relay all the aspects that go into fitting to others and display my results at my local clubs. I love to test different products but having a consistent proven baseline would be perfect for improving my game.

WITB:

Callaway Epic Max LS 9 degree w/ Project X RDX 60 gram X stiff

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3 Wood 14 degree w/ Graphite Design BB 70

Callaway Apex '19 Hybrid 18 degree with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85

Callaway Apex Pro 14 5-PW Irons with KBS Tour V Shaft

Miura 1957 Y Grind 51 degree with KBS tour Shaft

Titleist SM7 56 degree with KBS Tour shaft

Callaway MD5 W grind 60 degree with KBS Tour shaft

Toulon Portland Putter

Srixon Z star ball

• Current USGA handicap:

I haven't had a USGA handicap in a couple of years, but I usually shoot anywhere from 78-80 on an average day.

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

My overall goal for 2017 is to play more and be more consistent with my scoring. I am already working on playing more since finding a home course in my area and a regular group of friends to tee it up with. The struggle to balance family, work, and golf has taken me a while to figure out and I am ready to get back to the scores I was able to produce in college.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I've been a member since my high school days and have seen pretty much every trip put on my WRX and our sponsors, the guys look like they have a blast from the photos that get shared. The chance to have your entire bag tailored to you is an amazing opportunity in itself, much less from the mind of a Callaway fitting professional. It would be a WRX'ers dream come true and something I'd never forget.

As always, thanks for the cool contests and opportunities WRX and Callaway!

Current USGA Handicap: 15.4

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I would like to add distance off the tee and with my irons (averaging 210 with driver and hitting PW 110). I would like to break 80 for the first time on a course where my current best is 85.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've been "fit" for irons a couple times locally in Iowa but I've never had a good experience. I've tried indoor and outside and the goal of the fitters has never seemed to be to put me in something that works best for me, just to put me in whatever they wanted to push. I love reading about new golf technology and clubs and I'd really like to finally be put into something that would improve my game. I currently have a Callaway driver and woods (XR 7 wood is my favorite club in the bag) and love my Odyssey 2 ball putter. I would love to get a hands on fitting from Callaway, and taking a break from the midwest in December would be an added bonus.

Handicap 8.8

Goals: Easy more consistent short iron and wedge play

Why Callaway Fitting: Have done some rudimentary fitting i.e. launch monitor but would love to a wide variety of shafts to try not just what the big box store wants to sell me.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

-​Current USGA handicap?

-State the goals for your golf game in 2017.

Honestly, I'd really like to just continue to enjoy the game. I would love to drop a couple strokes off my handicap, who wouldn't, but that's not my focus. Ive being playing golf since I was a child and every year I play I seem to just enjoy the game more and more. For 2017, I want to play as much as possible, enjoy the time I have on the course, share it with my kids and friends, and hit some memorable shots..... you know, those perfectly struck shots that feel perfect off the face, rise in the fashion you intended, and land soft near the hole. Those shots that keep you coming back for more.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I've played Callaway equipment since I started playing. My entire bag now is Callaway. Callaway equipment is smartly designed and has helped make the game a bit easier to play and enjoy for me. I've never been fitted for clubs. I've always done my own club work. That's everything from reshafts, to refurbishes, to hotmelting. I think it would be fantastic to see the work that occurs behind the scenes at Callaway and see what effect an actual fitting would have on my game.

Current USGA handicap is - 12

Goals for 2017 - I would like to bring my handicap down to single digits and play more consistently.

Why I would like to attend - I used to be a Callaway guy when I first entered the game. I drifted away to other brands but their current product offerings have really peaked my interest. I would love nothing more than to be fit in to their new stuff properly and achieve my 2017 goals with a full cally set in the bag.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

Index: 13.4

Goal for 2017: to become a more consistent ball striker throughout the bag. I have days when I'm hitting the ball great and then there are those days that I'm hitting great irons and bad driver and visa versa. Just want to be more consistent so I can enjoy the game more.

Why attend this great event?: I live in Seattle and by the time the event rolls around, I will not have seen sun for at least (2) months. I've already packed my shorts away for the season and it'll be a treat for my white legs to see sunlight in December. Lastly, getting fit would be a great opportunity to make sure my equipment is properly fit so I can achieve my stated goal for next year.

Thank you for your consideration and opportunity.

Titleist TR3 9* Driver w/ Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TR2 15* Fairway w/ Tour AD DI 7 
Titleist TR3 19* Hybrid w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Titleist T200 4 Utility w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Tileist T200 Irons (5-PW) w/ SteelFiber i110CW

Vokey SM10 Nickel finish (48.10F, 54.12D, 58.12D) w/ DG S200
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

GolfWRXers, we are looking for 8 members to join us at Callaway Golf Headquarters in December and this visit will be EPIC. Features include:

• All expense paid trip to Callaway HQ
  • The ability to test Callaway products not-yet-available to the public
  • Full bag fitting at famous Ely Callaway Performance Center
  • 14 Custom-fit Callaway Golf Clubs
  • Golf with Callaway and GolfWRX at a nearby course in the San Diego area
  • Of course, some additional surprises

Complete details and how to enter below.

THE EPIC EVENT:

This year Christmas comes early for a handful of WRX members! From December 11th - 13th Callaway invites 8 members of the GolfWRX community on an exclusive, all access, all-expenses paid trip to global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.

On this trip you’ll test new and prototype product, experience a full bag fitting with the club specialists that fit Callaway’s Tour Pros, participate in R&D workshops, play golf with Callaway reps and be immersed in how and why Callaway has become the #1 club manufacturer in golf. Plus a few other surprises along the way.

DATES: Sunday, December 11th - Tuesday, December 13th

GROUP INVITES: 8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Ready and willing to achieve your 2017 golf goals with the help of Callaway Golf
  • In a post below, include:
    • ​Current USGA handicap
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017

WHO: Callaway Execs, Ely Callaway Performance Center Fitting Team, and Reps from R&D, Marketing and Global Product Category Management

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:

Club fittings, R&D workshops, conversations with industry experts, a round of golf with Callaway reps, swag giveaways, and testing of prototype equipment and more – all in beautiful Carlsbad, California (which is not under snow in December).

Note you'll be expected to contribute to a live Callaway visit thread and possibly on social media as well.

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED: GolfWRX will evaluate the posts of applicants submitted by the deadline of EOD, October 25, 2016. Invitations are sent via GolfWRX message system. If any participant does not confirm within 24 hours of being notified, GolfWRX will withdraw the invite and choose another applicant.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

I've only been playing golf for about 8 years but I've taken lessons and I'm normally in the 80's. I don't have a USGA handicap but I just joined a club last month so hope to work on that next year along with improving my game. I'm inconsistent with the driver. I'm a fan of Callaway and have a bag full of them. I frequent their pre-owned site. I would absolutely love to go to their headquarters and get fitted for clubs since I've never been properly fitted. I've been measured wrist to floor and swing speed but never on a flight scope or anything like that.

Thanks for the opportunity.

• Current USGA handicap -- 15.4 (trending upwards)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 -- I'd like to cut down a few strokes so I have been taking some notes of areas I need to improve. That includes putting (current average at 38) and approach from under 150yds. I'm a weekend golfer as I work weekdays so my plan is to minimize errors and maximize opportunities. I'd like to get my handicap down to at least a consistent 10 by end of 2017.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf -- Callaway has been known to produce quality equipment as well as quality staff who knows how to fit, teach, and provide knowledge of the game that I feel will definitely help me improve in the future. Thank you to GOLFWRX and CALLAWAY GOLF for providing this oppportunity.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

I just went to the Chicopee, MA event, so I won't be entering this one... but let me say, get ready for a first class experience!! The guys @ Callaway (Finley, Dave, JRod, Tyler, etc.) are first class individuals!! They will put out the red carpet for you guys!

Hey New Englanders! It's not cold in Carlsbad in December!!

Current Handicap index:6.4

Goals for my golf game in 2017: I want to get my index down to below 5.0. I want to qualify for our state Senior Amateur. I want play 80 rounds in 2017.

Why I want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway: I have never been fitted for a golf club and think it will be the difference in acheiving my goals. Or have fun trying!

Wow, cool offer! Thanks Golfwrx. OK, my name is Allen Freeman from Brecksville OH and here goes:

Current USGA handicap:

"Scratch" (I only play in scratch am events, so I don't have an official handicap.)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

I was fortunate enough to win twice in 2016, the Cleveland Senior Am [http://neohgolf.com/final-results-2016-senior-cleveland-amateur-championship/], and the Ungvary Memorial with my buddy Ty Kovach [http://neohgolf.com/final-results-2016-ungvary-memorial/]. To do even better in 2017 would be incredible!

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I currently use some Callaway wedges, and 3-4 years ago I used to play a Callaway driver (Diablo Black). I was fit for irons by Mizuno at the end of 2015 and they're pretty good, but I've never been fit for a driver or fairway/hybrid or a putter. I think that could offer a big improvement, especially driver and putter.

And it's flippin' cold in Cleveland in December, so I'd love to head out to SoCal.

Plus I'd love to tell all the guys in Northeast Ohio about my adventure to Callaway on the website I publish, http://NEOHgolf.com!

Allen Freeman
http://NEOHgolf.com

Like This

easyyy's Photoeasyyy

10 Oct 2016

In a post below, include:

​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

+0.6

Goals:

I want to play in more individual tournaments. I play with a lot of friends each weekend, but I played in 4 tournaments this year. I took a 1st out of 40 and a 2nd out of 84. I think if I played more tournaments it would build my mental game and give me a chance to explore another side of golf.

I want to shoot below a 67 next year.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I want to be fit at Callaway to be able to feel like a pro. I am a big Phil fan and being a lefty I try to mimic his game. I have a big forward shaft lean with the putter, my wedge game saves me and drive is far but depends on the day. It would be great to have an experience like Phil and get fit for custom clubs that are built for me. It would give me the confidence to attack the greens.