APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• ​Current USGA handicap: 7.4 (Ugh! Was a 2 last year...)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

My goals are to become more consistent in my play given the limited amount of time I have to practice due to new job duties. I want to be able to compete and excel under pressure. I need to hit more greens in regulation to give myself more birdie opportunities. I need to become more physically fit and build some strength training and flexibility into my program to allow me to hopefully gain some distance, but to also avoid injury.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I have never had a full bag fitting and would love to be a part of something so comprehensive. I would love to be able to see all 14 clubs working in harmony instead of a mixed bag of stuff that works but might not work together. I need a more forgiving set of irons that don't give up in the feel category. I am also a total and self-proclaimed golf geek and would like to see the Carlsbad facility, how the clubs are made, and meet the people who dream up and create the products that make this game so much fun for us amateurs. Equipment has come so long lately and Callaway always seems to be the manufacturer who is pushing the envelope. Plus, during the winter, the weather in California is much nicer than where I live!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fellow Golfers, GolfWRX team and Callaway golf,

I'm writing from the heart of Scotland and would love the opportunity to be one of the lucky 8 people to visit Carlsbad for this custom fitting experience.

My current handicap is 1.9 and I have managed to make good progress this year, having started at 4.1 - I made this happen only playing in 8 competitions, which even for me for something of a surprise!

Due to working in Switzerland in the summer months (I work in the incredible Crans-Montana) my golf season runs from late September until late May. You'll know that it can be a battle to score well when the first medal competitions arrive in March in Scotland, even if your feel your game is strong, particularly at my home course which is Gleneagles! I constantly have to battle to wind, rain, cold and a tough, tough track!

Having had my first real custom fit experience in December 2015 (as I had a problem with my previous Taylormade irons and they were kind enough to send me to get fitted for a new set), I would love to go through this experience, to put myself in the shoes of a tour pro for a couple of days and see where it could take my game.

Having had the life-long goal of beating my father's best handicap of 2.0, I want to continue to improve...although he did achieve that at Machrihanish with Toney Penna persimmon woods and Hogan Apex blades, so no mean feat!

In 2017 I am firmly of the belief that I can reach scratch if I work hard, get fitter in mind and body, and continue to enjoy my golf too, no matter what the weather or temperature! I plan to practice my short game and putting more, whilst tightening up on hitting more greens and fairways when I am playing on the course. I'd love to be able to sit here in 365 days time and put that down to having had the most incredible fitting experience imaginable, courtesy of the kind folks at both Callaway and GolfWRX!

There are my top reasons for wanting to attend this exclusive event:-

We all know that enjoyment when playing is enhanced by playing good golf; it doesn't matter whether it is just hitting balls at the range or holing an 8ft putt to knock 0.1 off your handicap and to win the medal. Having been through my first comprehensive custom fitting experience to get replacement clubs last year, I realise how much this can contribute to making you play not just good golf, but great golf. No matter whether that is the right head, shaft or grip for you as a golfer and the conditions you play in. I have no doubt that Callaway could help me play this great golf I am chasing in order to reach scratch!

In addition, it is a long, dark winter with many frosty days and many more wet ones here in Scotland! I am not suggesting I'm worse off than some others where you simply can't play golf, but this is my time to play and practice and I miss playing golf through June-mid September; a trip to magical Carlsbad for a few days would be simply incredible!

Finally, I think if you are any way, shape or form interested in golf, then being able to try prototype products, be involved in R&D conversations and simply to be around these industry experts for a short space of time is something that already makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. And of course, for these guys, wouldn't it be great to have just one person from the home of golf there too to give variety, some dry Scottish wit and some Ryder Cup banter too?!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post (first post after joining) and the best of luck to all entrants! And, regardless whether I am one of the lucky eight, keep on doing what you do GolfWRX (love your site and the emails that I get) and hopefully 2017 will be the year that I manage to call myself a scratch golfer!

Current handicap: Im a member of 2 social clubs, One is 9 (mostly play the same course) and the other is 15 (playing different courses).

Goals for 2017: As you can see when I play different courses I do not play as well. I would like to become better at playing anywhere/everywhere and hopefully have a single figure HC for both clubs.

Why do I want to attend?: Earlier this year I was fit for and ordered a set of Callaway Apex Pro Irons. I had been waiting and demo-ing all different types of irons for 2 years prior until I used the Apex pros and thought they were the best. Much to my disappointment, Callaway in Melbourne made the set with the wrong shaft in the 8 iron 3 times. After weeks of waiting, countless trips to the place of purchase, wasted time etc I returned them and got a refund. Now Im playing with my old irons I've had for 20+ years. To say this fiasco has turned me completely off Callaway products is correct. What a way for Callway to redeem themselves and restore my faith back in their products than by giving me this wonderful opportunity.

Current Handicap - 6

Golf Goals for 2017- Become a scratch golfer. The closest Ive come is a 3 pre marriage and kids.

I would like to attend the Callaway fitting primarily because I honestly dont know much about current Callaway offerings. The last Callaway club I played was the FT 9 TA driver. Ive also never been fitted for a full bag of clubs. This may be the key in taking my game to the next level.

Oh, I also live about an hr away from the fitting center :)

Current USGA Handicap: 7.2

Goals for Golf Game in 2017: My goal in golf continues to be representing my military service (US Marine Corps) in the All-Service Golf Championship. Ultimately, this requires me to bring my handicap down to at least 3 (and hopefully scratch) under tournament conditions. To do this, I need to strengthen my mental game and trust in the swing that I have developed. Over the past couple years, I've become too focused on the golf swing and strayed away from simply playing the game of golf. Frustration had set in, and my development as a golfer regressed. I finally believe I have a swing I can trust and will focus on playing the game of golf that I know and love.

Why Do I Want to Be Fit at Callaway? Over the past year, I've discovered that more Callaway equipment is finding its way into my bag; starting with a Big Bertha 815 hybrid, to the GBB and XR16 drivers, and even to the little yellow Chrome Soft soccer balls that have become my favorite ball. I have come to trust their equipment and believe that with an optimal fitting, I can further improve the trust I have in my game.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Current index 11.2

2017 goal - lower my index to a 7

I am at the beginning of being a Senior (60) and I want to maximize my game by being properly fit with the best top of the line clubs-- Callaway Golf clubs

I am a also a golfaholic who eats, sleeps, and thinks about golf and improving my swing constantly. I will explore every avenue along that line to improve my game. I took a series of lessons early this year to correct a few swing flaws and my game is just starting to show the improvement I've been seeking. The Callaway fitting will complete the overhaul should I be chosen.

Current USGA Handicap - 5.9

My goals for the game in 2017 -

1st - To become more consistent

2nd - Be the oldest to make the Championship flight in our Club Championship

3rd - WIn our Senior Club Championship

Why I would like to attend the event and the opportunity to be custom fit at Callaway Golf -

I have played a Callaway Driver and 3 wood this year. These are the 1st Callaway clubs I have owned and used and I like them. At 62 I need to be custom fit to clubs and shafts that fit my current swing to give myself the best chance to meet my goals.

Many Thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this outstanding opportunity

Steve

• Current USGA handicap

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017
    • Biggest goal is to break 80 for the first time and get index down to 11 (lowest it's ever been) or hopefully lower. I've gotten close numerous times but never been able to break it. The sub-goals in order to do that are broken into a couple more specific points.
      • More consistency with the longer clubs - particularly off the tee but really includes any shot over 190 yards.
      • Better distance control inside of 100 yards.
      • Full evaluation of distance gaps in the irons and wedges.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf
    • Well I have to be perfectly honest, the opportunity for such a high level fitting and a set of new clubs is certainly a large factor in wanting to go. And while I may not play Callaway gear exclusively, I have always done well with their equipment. But more importantly, based on my experience with the gear trials, I also know it's a fantastic opportunity to make new friends and meet some great folks who share the same love and passion for the game (and the equipment) as I do. And it also provide a great opportunity to use the experience to help other members of the forum who are not as lucky to get selected. Even without the added benefit of 'free' equipment, these events can be an invaluable experience.

• In a post below, include:
    • Current USGA handicap
      ----- Between 4 and 5 but I play a very easy course.
      ----- To win my club championship
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf--
    • ------I played the XR16 Sub Zero for part of this last year but had a hard time finding the correct shaft for it since it is such a low spin head.
    • ------I have done a pretty good job of putting together a totally mangled bag of mixed clubs and I'm not really sure how I got here.

Current index is 18.9

Goal for 2017 is to get my index down to 12

Why would I like to go? I am in desperate need of a new driver and to be properly fit for a full set of wedges. Would also like to learn if my existing set makeup is appropriate from a performance and gapping perspective.

This is UNREAL I'M PUMPED!

Handicap: 5 (usually a 2)

Goals: drop putting strokes, improve iron dispersion and consistency and get to a 0!

Why I want to win: Dec 21st is my Bday I would love nothing more than to win this! I have never been professionally fit in my life. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with the best and most knowledgeable team in the industry. I could learn about design, fitting, and work with experts to dial in everything to my specs spot on improving all aspects of my game. I could drop my handi back to a 0 and start winning money and tournaments again, I'm so excited!

• Current USGA handicap - 18
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Just get better at every facet of the game. Technically - more consisting swing, tempo and ball strike. Work on my short game.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I am a huge Callaway fan (my whole bag is Callaway). I would love to be properly fit, especially by the company that I utilize.

Current USGA Handicap: 7.3

Goals for 2017: I want to continue to build consistency in my game. Shoot par or better for the first time (best round is 73)

Why do I want to attend: I play Callaway woods (which I tested here on the WRX and they went straight into my bag) but my irons are very old (by choice) and I am thinking a properly fit set of irons will improve my iron play ( I am hoping another opportunity to test Callaway equipment rewards me with similar success as the woods have). I am not really looking for max distance from my irons as a properly gapped set takes care of that for the most part. I am looking for control, forgiveness and consistency which is something I have not been able to find in newer irons by searching on my own and relying on the staff at my local golf shops. Its time to seek true professional help and this is an opportunity to get that help from the best in the business.

Thanks for another amazing opportunity!!!!!

Current USGA handicap - 14

State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Become more consistent which would help lower my handicap towards single digits.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - Callaway has become the brand that catches my eye and a true professional fitting would remove one variable in my search for consistency.

• Current USGA handicap - 24
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Drop to an official 12 handicap (have only been playing for a year and playing in the 80's most of the time), lower the amount of 3-putts significantly and officially register a 300 yard carry (I'm going to play in Crans-Montana later this year, where balls generally fly 10% further because of altitude).
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf -
    1. Because my idol is a Callaway staffer (Thomas Pieters)
    2. Because when I started to play golf last year, I bought a set of clubs online, and there are some huge gaps between gaps in my bag. My X2Hot 5-iron carries the same distance as my 19° Taylormade SLDR Hybrid and my X2Hot PW is more then 25 yards longer than my MD2 Tour Grind GW.
    3. Because I'm slowly turning into a golf-freak. There's not a day going by without being on GolfWRX, watching golf videos and playing golf.
    4. Because I could let all my followers on social media know repeatedly that Callaway is the best golf brand in the world ;-).
    5. Because I never win anything :-(

Thanks to Callaway Golf and to GolfWRX for the Epic Event Contest.

USGA index: 10.9

Goals: For 2017 I'd like to be able to better control the direction of my approach shots. I keep pulling left or pushing to the right. It's hard to get up and down with my misses in both directions. It is a fitting issue?

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?: I've fit myself for every club and as a result have a really mixed up bag of sticks. I'd like some consistency that would come from a real fitting for a full bag. Please help!

• ​Current USGA handicap - 10

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - CONSISTENCY. I feel my consistency has gone down, but my ability to score lower than I ever have has improved. Thus, my scores vary quite a bit. I feel I am steps away from putting everything together and having the potential to shoot in the 70s most times out, but I feel I am blocked mentally. Having confidence in my equipment is only based on how long I've owned it (never been fit).

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf. I am not a life-time golfer like many here. I picked up golf when I started my current job about 8 years ago in my early 20s. I played in a work related league and that sparked my obsession. I started with a full bag of Callaway clubs; X-22 irons, FT-IZ driver and woods, Jaws Wedges and Odyssey putter. The FT-IZ was my most accurate driver ever, but misses were un-playable. Thus, I am very interested in the new Fusion line. My bag now is void of Callaway equipment except for an Odyssey putter. There are only a couple companies that I could go full bag with and Callaway is one of them.

Callaway GBB 9* Diamana S+ 60 - Animal Weights
Titleist 915h 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 70
Titleist 915h 3 Hybrid [size=4]Diamana S+ 82[/size]
Mizuno MP-54 3-5 DG 120
Mizuno MP-64 6-PW DG 120
[size=4]Mizuno MP-T5 50 and 56[/size]
Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank Counterbalanced
Srixon Z Star XV / Bridgestone B330 / Cut Blue

Awesome opportunity!

Current USGA handicap - 2.7

State the goals for your golf game in 2017.

1. Break 70. Went as low as 71 this season and have a number of 70s earlier in my career.
  2. Contend in the '17 Club Championship. First round exit this year was a bit embarrassing.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway.

Have not played Callaway in quite a while, but heard great things about the Apex Pros which have me intrigued. Been somewhat blindly loyal to another brand which has served me well in the past. Tinkering has been more focused on shaft options and putters.

Titleist / Fuji Fanboy

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

Goals:

I am currently sitting at the 10.1. To play in my region Mid-Am you must have a handicap below 8.4. I live in a state (TX) where I can golf almost 11 months out of the year so this will give me time to

1) Drop that handicap with the help of Callaway

2) Give any clubs a true run through the ringer.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

First I would like to go because it would be a dream come true. I would love this opportunity and wouldnt shy away from the chance to ask questions and learn everything I could from the folks at Callaway. I would also love to go and share some knowledge with my fellow forum members.

I would like to go and be fit to make sure everything I am working on isnt for naught. I have worked in the pro shop at a top 100 club fitter in America and I saw some of the crazy things a properly fit golf club can do for a player. I have seen people gain 10-15 yards and I have seen a lie angle change take someone from hitting the ball right to more down the middle. I would love this opportunity to make sure my clubs work for me and it will help me achieve my goal of getting down to the 8.4 or lower I need to participate in my region mid-am. I believe clubs fit to me perfectly, could make the difference in making the handicap requirement or not. I also know GolfWRX has a reputation for being all about the low handicap and making sure the guys hovering around scratch get quite a bit of attention. There is the joke of the WRX player, The guy who hits it down the middle 315. I would like to give a voice to the double digit handicap. While I know my goal is to get down to a single, I would love to be able to show some of the other people on this website what a guy without a perfect swing or a 115 MPH swing speed can gain from a club fitting.

• ​Current USGA handicap
    14.1|
    More fun. Honestly I'm trying to get out more with people I actually like and to embrace the 5 hours or so outside. Golf game wise I'm looking to improve consistency off of the tee and to improve on wedges from 30-80 yards. It used to be a major part of my game but with less practice and some swing changes I've struggled a bit.
    Is it wrong to say because of the marketing? As someone who has worked in the agency world for a number of years I'm am fascinated by what Callaway has been able to do with the podcast, Apple TV programing, original film content like "Golf Lives" and their own forum. Meeting some of the team behind that great onslaught of marketing would be as rewarding as the full bag.

USGA Index : 7.9

2017 Goals: The first and foremost goal is to shoot even par for the first time. Although I have hovered around it in the past, I have been unable to break through. Additionally, I would love to add consistency to all facets of my game.

I would love the opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf for a number of reasons. A lot of the recent moves by the brand have resonated with me, especially their push to social media to engage their fans. Their products seem to really be a hit with consumers, especially their XR Drivers, and I would love to see what they have in the pipeline. This seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity and I would love to be a part of it.

USGA Handicap: 8

State the goals for your golf game in 2017. 65% fairways, and the confidence to pull the driver out on a few short par 4 holes here.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - This may sound silly, but a few months ago I found a nice Callaway Hex ball, and played some really good rounds with it this summer. The sucker didnt know how to hook, and I admired that. Since then, always in the back of my mind has been the idea of changing some equipment, starting with the ball.

• ​Current USGA handicap
  • Hitting iron shots closer to the pin or making more 20 ft. putts. Find a go to chip shot.
  • Callaway for years has been one of, if not the top, custom club builders in the industry. If anyone would have this opportunity to be fitted and better their games they should take this offer up and simply respond. Having a new bag a Callaway clubs would start 2017 off to a great start!

Current Handicap - 1.3

2017 Goals:

I had a frustrating 2016 season, struggling a lot off the tee for much of the year, and it got to the point where I took a month off without touching a club. I've gotten the itch back, and I'm committing to a program over the winter to work with my instructor to address the underlying flaws in my swing to try to make a lasting improvement and to achieve greater consistency. My end goal is to be able to be competitive in local and state amateur events -- if you want to put a number on it, I'd like to finish top 10 in one of the local Publinx tournaments that I play in, qualify for the State Amateur, and to finish in the top 25 in the state Mid-Am. But more than anything, I want to just improve my attitude and have fun playing golf again

Why I want to attend:

Other than the fact that it sounds like an amazing time, and it'll probably be freezing in Michigan by mid-December, having participated in the WRX Gear Trials this year, these types of events where you get to hang out and talk with other super passionate golf nerds is an absolutely great time. As much fun as it was to hit a bunch of drivers that day, the best part was getting to know some other WRXers, and this would be a great opportunity to do that again in a beautiful setting. From a gear perspective, I kind of got myself into a self-fitting black hole this year, and going through this kind of tour-level fitting should help to erase some of the doubts that creep in about whether the setup in my hand is a good fit for my swing.

Thanks for an amazing opportunity!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Current handicap is 7. Have been as low as a 3.5 in the last year but have tinkered too much with equipment and scores have gone up as a result.

Goals for 2017 are to get back down to a 3 with better iron play and short game practice.

I'd love the opportunity to see the Callaway headquarters and be fit by their staff. I haven't swung a Callaway club since one of the original Big Bertha drivers in the late 90's. Also, being a lefty its more difficult to find fitters with all of the gear to test. I think my biggest issue with club tinkering has been wondering if there's a better shaft or head combo for my game, however I haven't had great success finding fitters with all the toys to try out. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime and chance to build a bag that would help me achieve my goals and provide confidence knowing I have the right tools for the shot!

• ​Current USGA handicap: 8.0
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: More confidence... Continue having a blast golfing with my friends...
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I can't think of more exciting opportunity than to be fit for clubs by a team of experts from Callaway. What a way to gain more confidence than knowing you're hitting clubs that fit your game as best as possible.

Current USGA Handicap: 9

Goals for my game in 2017:

#1, to not get my clubs stolen so I can play!! :D

#2, consistently shoot in the 70's.

#3, get a driver that 100% best fits my swing. I have a very steep angle of attack and put more spin on the ball that needed, resulting in a decrease of distance off the tee.

#4, find an iron shaft that produces a little bit higher ballflight, yet keep the same spin characteristics I had from the KBS Tour V shafts.

Why do I want this opportunity?

Who wouldn't? The set that was stolen from me was an all callaway set. (GBB 3 & 5W) Apex CF16 4-PW MD2 Wedges, Odyssey putter. Callaway has always been a trusted brand for me. I would love the opportunity to get custom fitted by professionals and get a chance to hang with some of WRX's best!! Also, my close friend Jim (MEDIC) was chosen for the trip to Michigan and I was extremely jealous, so this gives me an opportunity to get back at him. :)

USGA index:

Goals:

Most of my game has been coming along over the past year, especially my putting, but my abilities off the tee (both with the driver and with the long irons) and my longer approach shots need some work. I’m hoping to find more fairways and greens off the tee in 2017 so that I can have a better chance at shooting in the 70s. I'm also hoping to get more practice time in with my lob wedge to add some new shot options around the green.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?: 

I was fit for part of my bag (irons and putter) a few years ago, and I have always meant to get the rest of my bag fit, since I have no doubt that it will make a substantial difference in my game.   

Of particular interest to me is my wedges and my driver. I've tried out a number of bounces, grinds and head shapes over the years, but it's mainly been trial and error. I would love an opportunity to learn from the best of the best how grinds really affect my game and have an opportunity to be fit into something that works for me. Similarly with the driver, I've never really had an opportunity to hone in my spin and launch numbers, and finding a head/shaft combo that keeps the ball relatively straight has also been a process of trial and error. It would be great to have a big stick in the bag and stand over it with the confidence that comes from knowing that it has it is the best setup for my game.

The notion of golf ball fitting is also super appealing to me. Despite being something of a gear head (I am a member of GolfWRX after all), I have fairly limited knowledge of what to look for in a ball to help my game, so a ball fitting is something that I could definitely benefit from. Callaway has always been a substantial player in the ball market, and events like Callaway's recent Chrome Soft experience really drives home that the company is focused on golf ball innovation and fitting.

One final reason I believe this would be a great experience for me is that I find myself in a position where I've been considering a career move into the golf industry. However, I've always been a bit tentative about it because I haven't had any real chance to see the industry from the inside. Not only would this event allow me to walk away with a once-in-a-lifetime experience and some of the best gear on the planet, but it would allow me to meet some of the people in the industry and get an idea of how things operate within a major OEM.

Thanks very much to GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity, and best of luck to all applicants!

Ping $430 LST | Ping Tour 2.0 65 
Titleist TSr2 4w | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8
Titleist TSr3 4h | Project X Even Flow White 100
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM9 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron MonoBlok 6

• ​Current USGA handicap: 4.2

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: To entrust my golf equipment to a fitter who will work with me, testing options against eachother and explaining what kind of equipment works best for my game. Then, to go on my first "buddies trip" with my groomsmen who were by my side when I got married this past September.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I believe Callaway is the OEM most committed to growing the game through creative social media and marketing campaigns, constantly innovating, and pushing the envelope with what is possible regarding equipment, and always striving to take steps to find out what golfers want but also what they need to improve and enjoy the game more. I admire them and think they are necessary for the future of golf. I would love to meet the team including Doc Hock, Harry Arnett, Hashtag Chad and ask them all the burning questions about working in the golf equipment business that I have had for my entire adult life. I think without using hyperbole it would be the trip of my life, and anyone who knows me would testify that I am a hardcore student of golf equipment (read: nerd) and there would not be a more enthusiastic, engaged, and grateful participant if I was selected.

​Thank you to Callaway and GolfWRX for this awesome opportunity!

PING G400 Max 10.5º w/ Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

PING i25 18º w/ PWR 75 S

Callaway Apex/Apex Pro Combo 19 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner

Scotty Cameron Futura X7M Dual Balance

• Current USGA handicap - 14.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Get better with the driver and fairway woods.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I live only a 30 minute drive from Callaway Golf. I obviously don't need the all expense paid trip, I would love to have a full custom fitting however.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno Pro 225 (4-GW)
Bettinardi H2 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

• ​Current USGA handicap: 16
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to play more consistently and score in low 80's and possibly break 80..
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I am a Marine Corps Vet, and a retired firefighter / paramedic, had to have cervical spine fusion in 2011 and was unable to play for a long while. In the last 2 years I have slowly been getting back into the game. The chance to be fit by the experts at Callaway and learn about the new technology would be amazing. Getting to meet fellow members, trade stories and play some golf with each other and the experts at Callaway is a once in lifetime opportunity. Finally, I've never been selected for anything like this and would relish the opportunity to attend this once in a lifetime event.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to possibly attend.