APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

Current USGA Handicap: 12.8

Goals for Golf Game in 2017: Break 80, been close but I believe that the short game is keeping me from it.

Why attend: I very much believe in being fit for (all equipment). To this point only fit for irons (two separate times, lastly being fit for Apex irons this spring). Could benefit from total club fitting, driver, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter. Also believe that Callaway is the leader in product engineering, fitting etc. My guess is that we will see things in fitting and equipment develop rapidly in the coming years. Would like to be a part of it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Current USGA handicap - 12
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - I would love to have an all around consistent game and break 80.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I have never been fitted for any thing and build all my clubs based on feel. I have a close friend who swears by Callaway and the company in terms of setup and customer service. I feel it would be a great experience over all and would help me lower scores which would help my end goal in starting to try and compete locally.

​Current USGA handicap: 8.4

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: 1. swing my swing / not play golf swing, 2. have more fun on the course, and 3. shoot more rounds in the 70s (if I can do 1. and 2. more I think this can happen).
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Needless to say it would be the opportunity of a lifetime! My last full fitting was almost four years ago at a Club Champion, and my swing has changed a lot since then. I have no doubt that an opportunity like this would help me achieve my goals in 2017 (+ I'm in Michigan and some December golf would give me a nice head start on next season...my 2016 season will have already ended). I've been hanging around the golfwrx forums since 2007 (had to get a new member number because my account was hacked), and have always drooled over the reviews and experiences people post about after being attending these events. Not to mention I keep reading rave reviews on the CF 16 irons and have been tempted on more than one occasion to take a serious look. I've always had at least one Callaway club in my bag, so this would be real special. Correction, it would be EPIC! Thank you to golfwrx and Callaway!

In a post below, include:

​Current USGA handicap

My current handicap is right at 0, it has been as low as +3.8(while playing in college) and as high as a 3 (after a 4 year lay-off from having kids)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

To win my Club championship(since I just joined a private course), compete and excel in statewide amateur events.(my best finish in a State amateur event is top 20 in the Publinks in 2011, and I haven't played in one since)

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I am currently playing a mostly Callaway bag, but it has all been put together by feel and things I see on the course. My wedges are all 36" long and I only go up in 1/4 increments from the P through the 5 iron. My short irons are very upright, and my mid and long irons I think may be too upright as they have a tendency to go wildly left. I don't have the time or money to continue to tinker around with lofts/lies/lengths to get my distance gaps and starting lines consistent throughout my set.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• ​Current USGA handicap: 5.6

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My goals for 2017 are 1) Consistently beat my golf buddies! Their handicaps are 4.8 and 6.1 so we have good battles 2) Have at least 3 rounds under par at my local course, only had 1 last year. 3) Win my men's league championship. I've finished 2, 4, 3 but never first. 4) Eliminate the big number! I always seem to have that one hole each round that kills the great score.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've always loved Callaway products, however I've never found the right irons for me with the Callaway brand since my handicap was 13 and I loved my x-18 pro series irons. I still use a Callaway BB Alpha 815 driver, and 816 fairway wood because even the newer ones don't quite feel just right. I use another brand of irons but I do use the MD3 wedges. Although I felt the forged MD2 had more bite to them. The bottom line is that I'd love to be Callaway head to toe, and I'd love to opportunity to see if they have the right stuff for me. A personalized fitting is the only way to go when buying clubs. Also, who would not want the opportunity to talk tech with those Callaway guys. They are innovative and I follow along with Callaway's technology as I'm a Callaway rewards member. I'd love to be able to talk with Dr Alan Hocknell about current products and new innovations on the way. Maybe even Gary Toulon about what Callaway/Odyssey can do with his putter innovations.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

• Current USGA handicap

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017-

I want to improve my ball striking and distance from hole. I would also like to improve my driving accuracy and increase my ball flight. I really would like to get to be a scratch golfer next season

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf-

​Callaway makes great clubs and I think with the proper fitting equipment will only help me. It would be amazing to see all of the technology and equipment available and to have someone fit me instead me me doing it myself would be a great experience. I am very interested to see what the perfect set of Callaway clubs could do for my game and to help me achieve my goals this next season and beyond

WITB:

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Driver Tour AD DI 6X  44 3/4" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR3 16.5 Degree 4 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 43" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR2 21 Degree 7 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 42" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR1 24 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 39" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 27 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38 1/2" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 30 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38" B-1 Setting, Titleist T200 7-PW, AW Irons True Temper AMT White S300 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 53-07, 57-07 Dynamic Gold S400 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Yes! Two Mallet by Jerry Korte Putter 33" Winn Pro X 1.60 Putter Grip, Pro V1X #44, Titleist Player 4 Stand Bag, Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grips

• Current USGA handicap GHIN 8.2
  • My goals for 2017 are to become a better iron player and be a much better wedge player. I rely on my wedge and putter play to keep my scores under 80. I need to hit more greens in 2017 and become a scratch wedge player for those misses.
  • I have a full bag of Callaway products. Driver to the putter. I would love a chance to get fitted by the best in the business. I was fit thru the bag a few years at the TM Performance Center and it was an overwhelming success. The big box stores cannot duplicate a professional fitting. Thru TM, I reduced my spin with the driver by over 1000 rpm and improved my iron performance with a lie adjustment and different shaft. I'd like to have a chance to do the same with Callaway. I'd clear my calendar in a heart beat to have a chance at this.

Thanks as always GolfWRX. The best source in golf.

Current USGA Handicap:

+1.8

Goal(s) for 2017:

Continue to stay scratch or better and to have my game travel better.

Why I'd like to attend this event from Callaway Golf:

As I get older, it's becoming harder to compete against the young guys. Through technological advances in equipment and balls, I've been somewhat able to keep the natural declination of distance and skills that come with age. I'm just looking for a chance to stay ahead of Father Time. I also need to find a replacement for my now exhausted wedge supply and would like to see what Callaway thinks will work for my short game.

Thanks for a shot at another awesome event!

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

+0.2

Goals:

I am looking to be a more consistent golfer in tournament play. I have managed to play myself out of several events in a single round.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I haven't been fit for a while and have gone through a slight swing change so would like to be sure that I have the correct equipment for me now.

I have always been a traditional blade person, and have actually played some of Callaway's offerings with success in the past and very much enjoyed the clubs that I had and was fit for (Apex MB).

Getting the full experience at Callaway would certainly be a completely unforgettable experience and thank you and GolfWRX for giving us the opportunity!

• Current USGA handicap:

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017:
  • My goals for my golf game is to drop my index to a single digit (at least 8, lower won't hurt) and keep working towards taking the PAT as I'm not getting any younger.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:
  • I've always tried Callaway equipment and other top brands when they come out. Usually testing equipment at a brick and mortar in a hitting bay so I only see numbers and path from a digital stand point and never truly have the confidence to pull the trigger. I would appreciate and thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to be fit for Callaway equipment! I believe that it will enhance my golfing experience and attaining my golf goals. I believe the custom fitting would enhance my game to the point where I can execute and work the ball how and when I would like. More control, workability and maybe more distance is always welcome. I am a dedicated Titleist golfer and have been for over 20 years. For me to get fit for Callaway clubs and make that switch would be insane! I welcome the challenge and always keep an open mind to new things especially during fittings. If I am chosen, you can believe that I will be 110% on board using the equipment and promoting the brand (online and in person) as I do with Titleist currently, as you can see that in the attached images of my bag, Hydroflask that I had laser etched and my forum signature. San Jose is not that far from Carlsbad!

​Current USGA handicap:

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

Improve consistency in 2017. With the arrival of a new baby this past summer I wasn't able to practice or play as much as I have in past seasons. This has led to a lack of confidence to execute a consistent swing and has really shown on and around the greens. Moving forward I need to prioritize and plan out range and practice green sessions (which are now limited) to maximize the time I have available in order to ingrain a confident swing and short game I can bring to the course and deliver.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I have always been a loyal Titleist player, except for my first driver which was the Original Great Big Bertha. My issue is I have been naive with other equipment manufacturers and have resisted experimenting outside of Titleist as their equipment is familiar and has always worked for me. The trip would be an (amazing) opportunity to experience a tour level fitting for every club in the bag and convince me there are other, and possibly much better, options outside of Titleist to help improve my game and instill the confidence in a set that will perform day in and out.

Additionally, escaping the cold northeast to play some golf, get an up close and personal look at new offerings, and hang out in southern California with like minded individuals sounds pretty wonderful.

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

Current USGA handicap - 6.5

State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Main goal is to play more. A knew injury kept me away much of the year. I also would like to keep my personal yearly streak of rounds under 80 intact.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I haven't been fitted for clubs in 2.5 years and would like to have my clubs checked and refitted with my new injuries in the equation. Also, being a Taylormade fan, I would love to compare the 2 biggest club making companies and am the best from both.

Thanks in advance

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

Current USGA handicap: 12

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

- Improve to a single-digit handicap

- Win at least one major tournament on the Golf Channel Am Tour this year and finish Top 10 in the National Championship

- Card at least two rounds below 80 (78 is my PB)

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I'd love to go through a full bag fitting by the professionals that work with the best golfers in the world. Frankly, there's no better facility in Carlsbad than the ECPC. While I haven't gamed any Callaway gear in a year or two I'm open-minded when it comes to my equipment and would gladly put myself in the hands of their fitters and trust their equipment to help me achieve my personal goals for 2017. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'd gladly become an ambassador of the brand after this type of experience.

​Current USGA handicap: 12

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: get down to single digit

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Currently gaming the big bertha driver and 3 wood, MD2 wedges and really want to get the Apex Pros. Not sure when it happened, but my bag started to turn all Callaway but not complaining one bit!

2023 Bag Under Construction

• In a post below, include:
    • Current USGA handicap
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

------------------

Current Handicap: 9.8

Goals for 2017: 1. Qualify for Championship flight in my club championship.

2. Beat my low rounds for 9 and 18 holes. 9 (38). 18 (79).

3. Continue to lower handicap and play consistent golf.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

To be able to attend and participate in this giveaway would be a dream come true. The opportunity to be custom fit for length, lie, shafts, gapping etc. by professionals that do this for a living on professional golfers would be an amazing experience. Knowing that you are custom fit by some of the best fitters in the world would be an amazing feeling. Especially knowing that you are properly equipped exactly for your own game. Also, I cant think of something I'd rather do in December than getting out of the cold for a golf vacation.

Current USGA handicap: 10.0

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Get my handicap back to a respectable range, where I was a number of years back.

To be more consistent, too many highs and lows this season, as low as 73 twice and a high of 94

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Have only been fit for a driver years ago, maybe a complete fitting would make a change. Callaway's always been a leader in new technology, whether for the novice or pro player, I have never been west of Chicago, so that would be quite the experience.

• Current USGA handicap: +0.1

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: In 2017 I would like to hopefully break 65 and win a few amateur tournaments. Other than that my main goal is to qualify for the 2019 US Open and that starts with competing in USGA tournaments in the next year and taking my game even farther. Other than that I'd like to walk on to my college golf team (USC) and compete there.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I'm newly local to the Carlsbad area and have had the amazing opportunity to check out the Callaway headquarters once before. Callaway had by far the best customer service to deal with and was extremely helpful to my game as a progressing amateur.

Best of luck to everyone!

Taylormade M1 440, Fujikura Atmos TS Black 70 TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade M2 Tour T3 12*, Atmos TS Black 80TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade P7-TW 3-PW, DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 56.14F / 60.12D, DG S400
Byron Morgan 615

USGA index:[/font]5.2

Goals: This year i want to get back to around scratch golf. I played at a small D2 school and since have let my game kind of slack. Want to put in way more time on the range and around the chipping area at my club. I want to make golf more of a priority in my life right now while I'm still able to do so. (Single, no family, etc)

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?: I want to go get fit by Callaway because it would be a once in a lifetime experience. Getting an opportunity to go to the Callaway headquarters and see what they do day in and day out would really be a cool experience that I could share with friends and family for the rest of my life. I've also never owned a Callaway club before. I've hit a couple 3 woods and Drivers before but would love to try and be fit for everything Driver through putter.

• ​Current USGA handicap = 5.5
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - To shoot even par (or lowever) for 1 round. Lowest score in 25 years of playing is a one over 73. Play more than 20 rounds. Improve bunker play. Learn more about the swing in general and apply that knowledge to my swing. Invite more non-golfing friends to the range. Plan a golf trip. Tinker more with club building, built my first golf club this year with a lot of help from clubwrx forum.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - Big Callaway fan since 1992. Gamed the original Big Bertha for 5 years, the Great Big Bertha for 8 years. Always have a couple of Callaway clubs in the bag. Have never been fit for clubs and would love to see if they can beat my current bag which is the culmination of years and years of trial and error (and Golfwrx forum participation) and the best bag I've put together in my golfing career.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I have a current handicap of 7 from the senior tees.

I have two different complete sets of Callaway clubs that I play.

I'm 68 years old and a disabled veteran with a few physical limitations.

I have two distinct goals for the upcoming golf season: First, I want to improve my short game and putting around the greens by at least 50%; Second, I will work to eliminate getting stuck and improve my center contact and impact position through the bag.

I'm 6 feet tall but have long arms and legs and a short body so standard clubs are not my best fit

I'd be most excited about being fit for the right clubs and having the ability to see my swing faults on video.

Thank you for such an opportunity,

Jim Gift

USGA index:

Goals:

Want to get down to scratch or below. Currently can shoot around 77 every time out, but would love that to be even par.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I believe a full bag fitting would give me the chance to achieve my goals. I have never been fit for a full bag of clubs before. Currently practice and play quite a lot, but not sure if the clubs I have are best for me. Would also love to try out the new Callaway clubs.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

• Current USGA handicap - 3.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Get to scratch (0.0), and break 70. I have shot 70 before.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - The reason I would want to attend is that I have never been custom fit(Even though Ive been playing 15 years), and love Callaway products. Couldn't really ever afford new clubs, always had to get a year old or used. And now, even though Im playing the best I have in my life, the chances of me getting a full fitting is slim. My wife and I just had our first child in July (Owen). I love Callaway clubs; My first real set was a set of 06 Big Bertha Irons (which I still have in the garage). I currently game a Callaway: Alpha 815, xr 4wood, and Mack Daddy 2 wedges. My hybrids could definitely use an upgrade because I'm currently playing Nike sq Sumo 2's from 2007 I think.

• ​Current USGA handicap +3
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 To find more time to work on my game on a regular basis in hopes of building the consistency it takes to play an any number of pro tours
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf I'm not sure why someone would not want to attend, but I'll say that having the chance at an inside look into a quality company sounds fascinating. I've never had a full fitting in my life and have always been curious about how much it could help my game. I really miss competing out on the golf course and it really has created a void in my life. To be able to feel confident about quality gear that is specifically fit for my swing would do wonders for my game.

Current USGA Handicap Index: 12.6

2017 Goals: Get to a single digit handicap by finally getting my putting average below 30

Why I'd like to attend: I've been playing golf for over 25 years and over that time I've had the pleasure of doing all the great golf stuff, including:

• annual golf trips with friends where we play Ryder Cup style match play
  • golf trips with my dad and brother (what better way to bond as a family than over a few rounds of golf)
  • visiting and playing some famous courses (Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes, TPC Stadium Course, among others)
  • making a hole in one, but somehow never making an eagle (missed a five foot putt for eagle last month...ugh)
  • getting my son started in golf by hitting golf balls in the back yard
  • promoting golf in my workplace by organizing Friday morning nine hole rounds before work and by putting together groups for driving range visits to get new players introduced to the game

I've had the advantage of doing all kinds of great golf stuff, but never have I been fortunate enough to attend anything even remotely as cool as what you are offering. I would love to be there to participate with you guys, not just for the club fitting experience, but also for the experience of being around a group of golf experts and also for being with a group of other like-minded golfers.

Current USGA handicap

• Current USGA Handicap: 6.8
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I currently hope to get my handicap down to a 2-3. I would also like to get a COMPLETE club fitting from top to bottom (go figure, this would be the perfect time to do it). I am also hoping to compete in more tournaments than I did this previous year as well as some local amateur tournaments. Finally, I am REALLY hoping to improve on my team's 4th place finish in our club championship this past summer!
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I was a Callaway golfer for years in High School and then my first year of college. At some point though, I fell out of love with Callaway. Then, about 3-4 years ago I started getting back into Callaway clubs/gear all over again. At one point this past season I was predominately Callaway through the bag. I tinker a lot, so I have changed out irons, but I have ZERO ability to let go of my Callaway woods! They are THAT good. I would LOVE to get down to Carlsbad for a TRUE Callaway fitting experience. I not only want to get a thorough fitting, I would genuinely love to talk with the people behind the product, see the facilities, and talk with like-minded GWRX members. Finally, I think this experience would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am not one to pass on something so rare, even if the chances of being selected are slim. I am hopeful this is something I do get selected for, and it doesn't hurt that I'm only a couple of hours up the road from beautiful Carlsbad!

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Current USGA handicap:

• At 49, I had my best competitive year yet, qualifying for the U.S. Mid Amateur and playing very well in local competition against much younger and physically stronger players. For 2017, I'd like to exceed what was really a dream year in 2016. I plan to work out, get more flexible, and hopefully regain a bit of the distance loss I've seen over the last few years. I have a specific goal as well, and that is to make our local Ryder Cup-like event, matching teams of 12 from the three local golf associations. This was the first year that I did well enough to have qualified, but the Mid Am came too late. A great start to next year is what I need for that to happen.

• As for my specific playing goals, I'm always looking to improve my iron striking, which has always been a week spot. Of course, like everyone, I'm looking for the elusive 15 yards.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

• I'd love a chance to be fit by the same folks who are fitting the world's best players. While I've been fit before, by fitters who know what they're doing, time is always short, there is always some kind of bias, and I'm sure I haven't helped the process by being particular about what I do and don't like. What I'm saying is I feel most fittings I've been part of have been too subjective--and what I like may not always be the best for my game. I'll be 50 next year, and I have big goals--I'm looking for equipment to give me the absolute best chance to accomplish those goals. I have a feeling that those lucky enough to take part in this fantastic trip will leave Carlsbad with every advantage modern golf equipment can offer. I'd dearly love to be a part of that!

• Current USGA handicap - I don't officially have one, but I would say that I play to around an 8

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - I would really like to improve my ballstriking, specifically sharpening up my irons from 130-180 yards. As always, I want to improve my greenside shortgame. Last but not least, I'd really like to figure out what ball works best for my game. I've been playing the Supersoft exclusively since its release, but have been wondering if the Chrome Soft might be a better option. Lastly, I'd really like to focus a lot on golf fitness.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've been playing Callaway equipment exclusively since I first picked up clubs, in 1993. I was captivated by the Isaac Newton display at a local golf shop, and the way to get more information on the product and company was to actually write a letter! I did, and received a response a short while later, along with a box of goodies such as pamphlets, brochures, hats and balls. Incredible! That was all I needed to be a Callaway lifer. I received a set of S2H2 irons for Christmas that year and 10 years later I traded those in for X-16 Pro series irons. Club fitting never crossed my mind. Eventually I purchased a set of X-20 Tours when they were first released, and here's how I was fitted:

1 - I put a strip of impact tape on the sole

2 - Hit balls off a lie board

3 - Came to grips with reality that I have short arms

4 - Had the clubs bent until they looked right, which was 2* flat from standard, after trial and error

That's it.

I chose the stiff shaft option (Project X Rifle 6.0) simply because my driver also had a stiff shaft. I'm not sure if that was the right move!

The irons are old and have served me well, but I feel like I'm leaving something behind. A fitting of this caliber would be incredible!

Thanks!

Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

Handicap as of 10/15/2016 is 0.4

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Attain a consistent handicap of a + index. Compete in local amateur events in Iowa/Illinois and play in the local PGA Tour Monday Qualifier for the John Deere Classic.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I've never truly been fit from driver to putter. I'm not sure that what I currently have in the bag will help me play my best golf. For example, I play a 58 degree wedge with 4 degrees of bounce, I'm incredibly steep into the turf. I should be playing a wedge with more bounce but have never been fit to see how much. I have an 816 DBD Alpha with about 8 half inch strips of lead tape because I like a heavier head. I'd love to have access to hot melt or see what an ideal head weight is for my swing. I've played X-stiff shafts that were tipped and regular flex shafts because I liked the feel of them, that day. As someone earlier in the post said, to be fit for the best, by the best would simply be a dream come true. If selected, I'd chronicle the entire experience for the site.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

Holy Snikees! MAJOR thank you to WRX and Callaway Golf! They are at it again!

°Current USGA handicap

°State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Break 70

Get through Local Qualifying

°State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

For me, it would be about the comraderie, a chance at redemption and giving Mr. Miura a run for his money! I had the time of my life with the guys in Chicopee, absolutely hilarious and extremely welcoming!

Mr. JRod, got the better of me individually at The Orchards, I want a rematch! Mr. "Ten Handicap" himself, and I, were even after 9 holes and then he buried me on the back 9. The story can't go down that way! One more time, 'mano-a-mano'!

Lastly, I'm not your typical club Ho, if something gets in my bag, it typically doesn't leave for a long time. Mr. Miura's irons have been in my bag for four full seasons now. Callaway Golf was my starting point some 20 years ago. And for the past 6 or so years, Callaway Golf has been putting out superior product, after superior product, after superior product. Maybe it's time for me to return home!

Thanks for the opportunity, guys!

Whoever wins, you are in for a helluva time!