2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Play more (only got in 42 rounds this year). Improve my distance control with my short irons/wedges. Also, a little help in putting could go a long way.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

​Every time I have seen these threads I've been incredibly jealous. I worked in the industry for 8 years and never got a full bag fitting, and know it would help my game tremendously. I love golf ball technology, and would also be highly interested in finding out more about the design process that goes into R&D. The ability to meet industry stalwarts like Roger Cleveland, Alan Hocknell and Harry, of course. All in all, this would be absolute heaven for me, especially since I now have a cubicle job and miss the golf industry tremendously.

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ​Current USGA handicap My current handicap is +0.4

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 My goals in 2017 are as follows:

1) I would like to shoot in the 60s for the first time. My handicap has been on a rapid decline over the last several years, but I still have yet to cross the threshold into the 60s - which is somewhat amazing given that I've gotten my handicap so low this year. I am acutely aware of what is holding me back, and am currently taking steps to change all of the things that have prevented it.

2) I want to break par in a tournament. I got close a couple of times this year, but I am ready to take the leap.

3) I want to win something - club championship, local event, qualifier, something. I believe I can play well enough to do it on a given day, it's all about channeling it in the moment.

4) I want to figure out how to get "hot" on the course. I've become pretty skilled at "holding on," but I'm ready to learn how to get more out of my game.

5) I honeslty don't have too many technical swing goals. It's all scoring related.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf\

• What a dream this would be! Clearly as you can tell from my username, I'm a big Callaway fan. I have owned a countless amount of Callaway/Odyssey clubs/balls over the years, and obviously with the most famous lefty in the world playing under the Callaway banner, I have a real soft spot for them. The trip itself sounds amazing. I can't even imagine the opportunity to get fit and test clubs at Callaway headquarters. I feel like even though I understand equipment reasonably well, there is always something left on the table by doing a "store" fitting. For years I have kicked around the idea of doing a "headquarters experience" fitting so I could go and try EVERYTHING and figure out exactly what worked for me the best. On top of it - Callaway's recent equipment offerings have been tremendous. The quality is absolutely at the top of the industry!
  • I also think Callaway is a quality company run with a quality attitude of customer service. I still remember years back when I cracked my FT Tour and called Callaway customer service. I was amazed at how nice and helpful they were and how they managed to get me a BRAND NEW driver in 4 days. I actually posted about it here several times and how impressed I was with the way Callaway operated.
  • In short - I'd really appreciate the opportunity. I'm a lefty and a Callaway fan for life. I'm actually called "CallawayLefty" on here - what more could you ask???!!!

Thanks!

Current USGA handicap: 4

Goals for 2017: Really want to get my handicap back down in the scratch area so I can compete in local tourneys more consistently. Had our 4th kid this year so the practice time has really been cut lately, lol.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway: I've never been fitted, just played what I could find that worked. Would love to be properly fitted and not have a 2nd thought all year about new or different equipment and just zero in on practicing and improving. Would also be fun just to see the facilities of a world class company like Callaway and see the brains behind the products. Such a cool contest, and am extremely appreciative of the chance to win.

• ​Current USGA handicap - + 1.7
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017- To improve my Game, play more tournament golf and attempt to qualify for the US Open
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- I've gotten this far in my game with Mis-fit hand me downs and bargain bin sales, i would love to see how my game could change and improve as well as seeing the tour quality fitting facility in Carlsbad, golf technology is my biggest hobby and i love seeing new advances, i just don't get to enjoy it as much as others due to being a broke college student.
  • Thanks for the possible opportunity!
  • Adam Stoutjesdyk

Taylormade Aeroburner TP 9.5 Fujikura 8.3 Tour Spec X
Adams Super LSP Aldila VS Proto 95X
Nike VR PC 3 iron Project X 7.0
Taylormade Rac MB Tour Issue X-100 Ryder Cup 4-9
Vokey Sm6 46* Project X 7.0
Fourteen Le-10 52, 56, S400
Vokey Sm5 59* M Grind Tour Issue S400
Never Compromise Voodoo 42.25 "Garage build Armlock"
Volvik S3 Orange / Vivid Red Golf Balls / Volvik Vibe Yellow

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

Goals:

I have a few of them... I want to break 70. I also want to play at a high level and do so under pressure and while traveling. I love the game and playing at a higher level is what I work for every week. Headed to a traveling scratch for me!

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

Make sure that my equipment is optimized for my swing. I would hate to spend hundreds of hours per year training with my teacher and working on my game only to find out that I could have scored better if I was properly fit with the best gear.

​Obviously being close to the Callaway headquarters, exclusive access, seeing the protos, fitted by the tour fitters, talking to the Cally team is nothing short of a dream trip.

A chance to get my $20 I lost to Jason Finley... well priceless. 5/5/5 autos on 2 JF. :butcher:

Good thing we did not play auto 2 downs previously.....could've been more than $20. As a 5.9 against your 2, I am fine if we up the ante!

Looks forward to seeing who wins this one and spending some time with the winners.

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

Improve consistency with irons and wedges

• I would love to get a full bag fitting to make sure I am playing the right clubs. I was fitter for irons years ago and am ready to upgrade my set.

• ​Current USGA handicap 8.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - 1) lower hcp by 1 full stroke. 2) move putts per round avg down to 31 from 33. 3) Improve sand game dramatically
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - 1) After years of 'self learning' golf and an observation from a big box store club fitter, I've found some consistency off the tee because of a small, but apparently significant swing change. It's helped tremendously off the tee, but now I've got the typical GolfWRX mental games going on wondering if it's affected spin rates, if there's more distance to be found, and why my iron game has suffered because of it. A solid fitting with a company who has the resources, R&D, and quite honestly, the desire to stay in the equipment game interests me. 2) I was a devout Callaway guy (from the original Big Bertha irons through the X18 pros, SH IIIs and that gen's GBB were among my faves) and am not now. I want to know and understand why because I keep trying their stuff (woods and irons...thank goodness for the 90 day with Worldwide Golf Shops) but find things that work better for me. As someone who wants a bag of the same brand(because my history says so) and likes Callaway, it frustrates me.

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

​Current USGA handicap: 9.8

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

1) Shoot regular scores in the 70s from the back tees;

2) Win my club championship.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have Callaway irons, wedges, and putter in the bag. I was "fitted" at a big box store but in reality I know deep down this fitting is suspect at best. I welcome the opportunity to be fit by the best in the world to the best clubs for my game. I have another brands woods and hybrid in the bag currently and I suspect the professionals at Callaway can remedy that as well.

On a personal note: What a great opportunity this is! I would love to take advantage of this most of all to meet some of the folks that make GolfWRX go (been on here pretty much from the beginning) and to meet and pick the brains of Callaway pros and club designers. I surely appreciate the opportunity and pray I am selected!

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

• ​Current USGA handicap
  • Find the fairway more often - when I find the fairway from the tee box (distance is not a problem), I am so much more confident and frankly making a par from there is rather routine. Why can't we hit the dang driver into the fairway more often?!?! I really believe that this will be the biggest factor to lowering my handicap significantly. I want to drop 3 strokes per year for the next 3 years while only averaging about 30 rounds per year and I believe it can be done.
  • Because you (& Callaway) need an "average guy" like me in the process. I am your typical, hard-working, busy technical professional who is stuck in an office for 45 to 60 hours per week with little time to practice. I am a bit of a gear junky - assembling my own clubs, etc. I am probably perfectly in the demographic that Callaway targets. I have a lot of corporate golf crazed friends whom I can evangelize on Callaway's behalf. I have been professionally fit before (from a GD Top 100 guy) and although it was beneficial - I really believe that there were some gaps in the evaluation and I want to soak in the entire process so that I can I accurately inform my friends and co-workers who seek my advice. I'd be more than happy to share my experiences on social media, etc. Finally, I kind of like Mr. Reed - and have well before his success at the Ryder Cup!

-Current USGA handicap-

-State the goals for your golf game in 2017-

Break 80 consistently, I was down to a 4 in 2007 consistently scoring 78-82 but two kids later and a replaced ACL and I'm struggling to get back to what I used to be. I also need to figure out how to eliminate the 3 putt, I'm good at reading break but getting the speed and the break correct simultaneously is the issue I have.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf-

I'd love the chance to do something like this, the most advanced fitting I've had was at Carl's golf land and that left quite a bit to be desired. I'd love to see how a full on analytic fitting could do for my consistency and scoring averages. I know I need help on my bag set up and yardage gaps seeing everything pieced together from the top down would be a once in a lifetime experience. I've never been to California and I've always wanted to go, why not make it for a dream golf trip?

Thank you very much for the opportunity I hope to see you guys in California in December!

Callaway XR16 Pro 9* Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 65 S
TaylorMade M1 17* Fujikura Pro 70 S
Srixon Z45h 19* Aldila Rouge Black 85S
Srixon 745 4-P Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Stinger Raw 51*-55*-59* KBS HiRev Tour
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Half Moon Raw 33.5"
Srixon Z Star

This trip sounds like a dream come true for an avid golfer and gear head like myself!

USGA handicap - 1.7, has fluctuated between 3.5 and +.7 for the last 3 years.

Goals for 2017 - To break through to the + side for good! Or at least an extended period of time. Win a big tournament (city match play or stroke play, a CC invitational, etc..). Break my low score of 67. Break par in 25% of my rounds played.

Why I would want to attend this event - For starters to bag equipment that I know will help improve my game. I have never been fit for clubs, never used trackman or a reliable launch monitor, it would be great to know my equipment is reliable and won't let me down in crunch time. I think equipment makes a big difference on the margins of this game... 10 yards here and there, 5 yards closer on line here and there. When trying to achieve scratch it's all about winning at the margins.

I would love to attend this event to meet people who are passionate about golf like myself, talk equipment, meet fellow WRX'ers, meet industry pros, learn about R&D, etc.. Another great reason why I would love to attend: To get out of the cold Nebraska weather in December!

• Current USGA handicap - 7.3
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - To drop that index to below 4.5
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - First, because I am a Callaway fanatic. I have a complete bag driver thru to ball that is Callaway and Odyssey. I long for this opportunity to be fit into the best equipment out there, by the best fitters in the business. I already sport 2 Callaway Odyssey tattoos and am currently waiting for an appointment for the third and will also be adding to the other 2. Call me crazy, but like I said above I'm a fanatic for life. I would love to meet in person all the folks that do the work behind the scenes. I have been lucky enough to have met a few already but would relish the chance to meet the rest, play some golf against them and build more friendship's for life with them and fellow WRX'ers

In my OGIO RTC Bag
Mavrik (for now)
EPIC FLASH SZ 3 wood
EPIC FLASH % wood
APEX 19 5-AW

MD4 52 custom by AT
MD5 56, 60
Toulon Garage Memphis or Palm Beach
2020 Chrome Soft TT

• Current USGA handicap -
  • I do not have a current GHIN USGA handicap. I did not renew this year due to the restriction of rounds played as a single not being accepted. I currently play to a 16.
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 -
  • I would like to drop at least 4 strokes off my handicap in 2017. I had a large (relative to where I was) jump from 2015-2016 due to lessons and an equipment change. This season I didnt apply myself to practice and so I didnt see the gains that I wanted.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf -
  • I would like to attend this event from Callaway for a few reasons. These trips normally include single digit handicappers. I think the perspective of a mid handicapper would be beneficial for quite a few of your readers. I know that as a 16 I am inconsistent by nature. That could make for a bad test subject. That being said, I think that I am a good representation of your 'Average Joe' as far as most metrics go (both swing specs and on course stats).
  • I've read the threads about the other trips. I know they are awesome. :)
  • I would also like a chance to get fitted with the swing that I have currently (as opposed to the swing I was fitted for before my handicap drop).
  • I have never used Callaway equipment for my Driver or irons. I had a good experience with the xhot 4w and I love Callaway wedges. I used the original MD JAWS wedges for a few years. I only stopped because they were costing my quite a bit of money in golf balls. The MD2 wedges were ok, but I was easily swayed to my current setup. I would like to try whatever is coming next.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

• ​Current USGA handicap: 10.9
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Ball striking has always been my nemesis with my best rounds coming due to my short game. My goal for now and going into next year is to increase my fairways and greens hit average to >50% and break into a single digit index.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Currently I have a mixed bag of various manufacturers and go through clubs way too often, and I believe the cause is because I have never been properly fit before. I've tried going to several different shops around my house to get fit, but always come away disappointed because the focus always seems to be on just trying to sell me something rather than really trying to find the right equipment for my game.

• Current USGA handicap - 12.2

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - To finally defeat my 83 year old grandfather in stroke play and win the $1,000 he offers to each of his grandchildren for the first time they beat him. He consistently shoots his age and when asked about it coyly responds "well it gets easier every year!". But enough is enough!

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've been a Titleist lifer - having never gone through a fitting. I went through a period earlier this season where I was buying a new 3 wood every single week. After legitimately 4-5 different experiments, I randomly stumbled upon an XR Pro and gave it a shot. This club has now become my favorite and most consistent stick. It has started what I call the "Callaway invasion" as my driver and hybrids have since been replaced with Callaway off the rack items. I would love the opportunity to be fit at the amazing Callaway facility and fully make the full conversion (for good!).

• Current USGA handicap - 9.8
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Get below a 5.0 index to be able to compete on my University's golf team fall 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've never been fit and I feel like having clubs tailored to myself by Callaway professionals will give me a huge edge over the average Joe

Current USGA Handicap- 14

Goals in 2017- Every time I finish my round I am frustrated! I'm frustrated with either my driving, irons, short game, or putting. Sometimes all of them at the same time! I hit some good shots, but I hit several shots I'd like to have back!

I'd like to have more consistency with all of my clubs. I'd like to step up to the ball with confidence. I'd like to hit more fairways, develop more consistency from 100 yards in and around the green. Most importantly, I'd like to improve my putting and work on cutting down on my 3 putts.

My goal is to always get a hole-in-one (with witnesses). Realistic goal- I'd like to break 80. My goal is to play more meaningful golf with more consistency.

State why you'd like to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway- I don't think I'm entitled to anything, nor do I feel like I deserve this opportunity more than anyone else on this board. I'm a special education teacher and I work at a golf course for half of the year, so I like to help others, constantly learn new things, and be around anything related to golf. I feel like I'm a humble person and very grounded, so I wouldn't take this opportunity for granted. As a matter of fact, if chosen, I will promote the Callaway brand and will be a user for life!

I'd like to finally stop changing clubs in my bag, hoping to come across a club that's just right and has the perfect fit. I've never been fitted for clubs and would wholeheartedly appreciate and welcome the opportunity. I'm ready to take my game to the next level. If chosen, it would allow me this opportunity.

Also, it would be really interesting to see the headquarters and see how the business side of Callaway is operated. I remember FINALLY getting a Big Bertha when I first became interested in golf, so Callaway has always been a favorite or mine. This opportunity would be an experience I would never forget! For some, having the latest technology and the best gear is commonplace, but for others, like myself, it can be very costly. This remarkable opportunity would allow me to receive this experience! Lastly, it would be amazing to have the clubs that were fitted for me, and eventually pass them on to my son. That would be really incredible! Thank you for your time

Currently shoot between 90-95

My goal is to get back to shooting in the upper 70's ,low 80's. I haven't played a lot of golf the last year and a half do to injuy

The reason for going would be to get into equipment that would now fit me do to a loss of club head speed.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

​Current USGA handicap: +1.3

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

After one of my best summers I realized I need to eliminate some of my inconsistencies that prevent me from going really low day in and day out. Overall I rarely ever shoot over par, but lack some fine tuning to post sub 68 scores consistently. At the end of the summer my younger brother brought up a goal for me this next year: to enter US Open qualifying so he can caddy. Talk about an ultimate family experience to work for.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I have never been fit for a club, never had a lesson, and been on a monitor maybe a handful of times. Also, the newest clubs in my bag would be my Bridgestone J40 wedges; otherwise all my clubs are over 5 years old. However I am very specific on what I like, and am definitely a feel player. Being shorter(5'8"), with a smooth, yet fast(105-110 mph) swing; it brings a host of issues fitting into equipment. So I'd love to see what my ideal specs are and to be truely fit for my game.

Besides the equipment, I enjoy seeing the personal bonds made on these trips. The level of excitement and personal touch are truely second to none. I'd be more than ecstatic to make friends and have a few drinks with some fellow WRXers.

Thank you Golfwrx for the amazing opportunity.

​Current USGA handicap. 7

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Goals for 2017. Get down to scratch handicap with better fitness and dedication from my 51 year old body. I want to drive the ball straighter and pick up some distance. Also would love to hit more greens from 160-190 yards.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

This would be the opportunity to get the best possible fitting and to be able to pick the brains of such knowledgeable people in the golf business would be a one in a lifetime dream.

Taylormade Stealth 2 12* Autoflex 505
Taylormade Stealth HD 3 5 7 woods Speeder

Taylormade Stealth HD 5-PW Ventus stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9 46 54 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5
Titleist ProV1x. 

• Current USGA handicap: 6.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Lower my handicap to below a 5.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: My bag is scattered with lots of different manufacturers. My wedges are 8 years old, my irons are at least 6 years old, and so on and so on. I work two jobs to make ends meet, and one of those jobs is working from 5am-9am 6 days a week as a greens keeper just so I can have playing privileges at the local country club. I'd love to be able to get fit to equipment that I know would better my game. Perhaps I would even bump into Amanda Ballionis there!

USGA handicap 3

My goals for 2017 are to get my game back to a high level and compete and contend in more amateur tournaments in my region, hopefully winning at least one by the end of 2017. I have been working on swing changes and correcting some bad habits that I have had for years and I'm starting to see the light, but I'm not at the point where I have total trust in my full swing again.

I would love to attend this event because I have never been fully fit for any set of clubs I have ever used. I have learned much about the science behind fitting and the various head and shaft designs and have, for the most part, done my own research and selection of equipment which has mostly been savvy buys of previous years models and used equipment off of ebay, or some tour issue stuff I have been gifted by some friends, in fact, my whole bag excluding my hybrid was purchased 2nd hand. I don't have much of a discretionary budget for golf equipment and a fitting with new equipment purchase can be pretty expensive. I'm sure with a proper fitting of equipment that is more geared toward my needs I could probably improve my scoring and consistency.

I am also very interested in the R&D process that goes into equipment design as well as how decisions are made about what products to pursue and market to the public and would love to experience some of of this in person, I have never been to anything like this and I'm sure I'd feel like a kid going to disney world for the 1st time.

• Current USGA handicap: Was a Traveling 7-8 now probably closer to a 10.

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Get my handicap back down into the mid-low single digits, re-find my passion for golf, find a teaching professional either through GolfWRX or locally, and compete locally/regionally in amatuer events. (I have always been an overachiever :taunt: )

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Well after a job change, getting married to a wonderful woman (turned her into a golfer and it sealed the deal!), buying our first home and starting our family, my old reliable, decently respectable golf game started to slowly disappear. Between house duties, moving away from home and my main playing partners, and just LIFE I found myself not scoring like I used to on the rare occasion I would get out to play.

At my wonderful wife's insistence to get out of the house and let a few of my manly duties wait a day or two I started to rekindle my love for the game, plus it got me out of her hair for awhile :cheesy:. Even better she introduced me to some of her buddies in our new hometown and I found a few friends to get a round of golf in with occasionally. The biggest tipping point happened later this past summer when at my Dad and younger Brothers encouragement we all played in a multi day amateur event down near home. It really lit my competitive fire again and made me realize even though my game isn't what it used to be I still had the passion and could hang if I played some good smart golf. Never the less like a delicious dessert, good cigar, or the latest golf equipment ( :black eye:) it made me feel amazing, but in the back of my head made me think this is great but I cant wait for the next one! Callaway Golf as a company reminds me of the days when I would beg to get dropped off at the local muni after lunch and I would play literally until dark. I saved all of my paper Route money to buy the Great Big Bertha when it launched. Callaway golf was ingrained in my early golf journey as a kid. In a way it is only fitting that this opportunity would be the launching pad to my "new" golf journey next season to play more events, drive my handicap down, and overall just enjoy the game I love so much again! Having never been professionally fit in my life, why not set the bar at the top by having the best folks in the business do it!

Huge thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for providing all of the members with this awesome opportunity!

Kyle

Taylor Made M6, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5, 75g
Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
TaylorMade TP5X

• ​Current USGA handicap 17.6

I want to break 80 more than I want to have babies with Kate Upton. I want to work on the short game enough that I can get up and down 7 out of 10 times from 100 yards and in. I want to get up and down for par from 50 yards and in, 9 out of 10 times. Like to get my clubhead speed up to 105, currently 94 mph. I plan on getting professional fit for irons and woods to help me achieve these goals. I would love to get my handicap down to 5 and compete in a tournament.

• Honestly, is there is a reason why I wouldn't want to go. Test golf clubs that barely anyone has had their hands on. Be custom fit for a full bag of clubs from one the best companies in golf. I live in Wisconsin so San Diego in December sounds amazballs. I could feel like a rockstar for a few days. Have a chance to meet some awesome people. Pick their brains about equipment and golf in general. Hell yes!!! Please please please.

• Current USGA handicap - 2
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Get back to playing at scratch or better.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - It's incredibly hard to find good fitters in the area I live in. Actually getting fit by a professional would be not only great for my game, but great for my mind too. I'll know for sure it isn't the clubs in my bag that don't fit just right. It's something I've tried to achieve, but the results from fitters around here are them saying things like, "Well DG Gold works great for just about everyone, just stick with them". I've had a down year for me this year. I'm hot hitting many fairways which leads to not hitting many greens. My short game has saved me from being a 7 handicap. A lot of it is just confidence being crushed from bad play. Getting setup properly is something I've been badly needing. If Callaway could help with this awesome giveaway, then it would be like a dream come true.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

​Current USGA handicap: 5

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: to decrease my handicap by 3 strokes, shoot under par in consecutive rounds

and start playing local amateur tournaments

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: with my stated goal I need the best equipment fitted to my swing. This would be an unbelievable opportunity to do that which I would likely never be able to afford or experience again. I've always been interested in the process of building clubs and fitting them to a person's swing traits. I think it would be amazing to learn more about how the movement of the body and swing relates to the fitting process. Thank you

Current USGA handicap:

• Unofficial handicap of 17.4

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

• Lower handicap
  • Improve consistency, especially in my long game
  • Minimize my big miss (slice)

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

• Outside of being a once in a lifetime opportunity, I would love to attend because I'm a firm believer that properly fit clubs help considerably, especially with tall players like myself (6'4"). While I know the fitting can't fix all my swing issues, expertly fit clubs would help me work toward my goals for 2017. The R&D aspect of it is also extremely intriguing to me as well, since I've always been interested in learning more about. I won't lie, telling all my friends (and probably anyone that'd listen) about the trip would be fun too as it's something that very few people get to experience.

Good luck everyone. If Callaway treats you half as good as they treated us on the Chicopee ball factory trip then you'll have the time of you life!

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Current handicap: 14.4

Goals for 2017: Get down to single digits. Consistently shoot in the low to mid 80's.

Why I'd want to attend: It'd be a once in a lifetime experience. I've never been fit for clubs, and I've never really tried a lot of clubs. I always just kind of picked up a club here or there in a hodgepodge manner. I've had the same putter for 25 years, mainly because it has worked well enough. But it'd be great figure out what clubs work best for me in a systematic way to produce a set that is completely optimized for my game.