APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• Current USGA handicap: 10.4

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My golf game is a bit of a mess right now, with swing overhaul I've been going through for the past few months. I feel like I'm closing in on being positioned to make a run at being a mid single hdcp next year (my biggest goal), but I have reservations about if my current bag fits me now. I've gone from trying to be a bomb and gouge kind of guy to wanting to be more controlled and tempo driven, with a premium placed on accuracy and course management. As you can imagine this means I've lost a bit of distance, and that's frustrating. It's also my goal to do a bag overhaul but recent life events have robbed me of the spare funds to do so.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Callaway has always been, and continues to be one of the premier brands of golf clubs in golf. No true golfer would turn their nose up at this, no matter what. Ever. My first wood when I started playing 4 years ago was a Big Bertha 3-wood with a steel shaft - man I loved that thing (I still have it!), and I'd donk around the course with it for a long time before I had a driver. This is the sort of event that would be a dream come true even it were just a tour and meet & greet, nevermind the other perks mentioned. I honestly can't think of anything that would be more thrilling - and sounds like it'd be just after my birthday later this year! To be fit by some of the master clubfitters that Calloway has, and then to receive those clubs? Wow, just wow. I've avoided hitting much new clubs for quite some time because with a wife and kids I need to be responsible, but I've been very intrigued by the new Steelhead release - one of my former professional golfer friends raved about the originals. Not to mention all of the amazing things that have been said about the XR line. For me personally being selected would be a dream come true, and the timing couldn't be better for the reasons mentioned above. I humbly beg to be chosen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- 8.0 handicap

-goals for 2017 to get handicap down below 7 so I can try to qualify for the Oklahoma State Amateur.

- it has been a dream of mine to have the tour pro feel with a fitting. I have actually mentioned to my wife that in a couple years, when I will be looking for a complete overhaul of my bag, I wanted to go to California and plan a fitting with as many OEM's as possible before I made a decision on my bag.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 4

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - My goals for 2017 are to become a much straighter driver and better ball striker. I would like to become a scratch golfer once again and be able to compete at a high amateur level of golf.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I would love to attend this once in a lifetime opportunity with the amazing staff at Callaway Golf because Callaway has some of the best products on the market. I am a firm believer that you must be properly fit to get the most of your game and equipment alike, and to have the privilege of be fitted by the same staff that fit the best players in the world, with the best equipment possible would be a priceless opportunity that would help propel me to the next level. As a self proclaimed golf nerd, this would be a dream come true

• Thank you for the opportunity.

Current USGA handicap:

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

I am really desperate to become more consistent with my approach shots. I can struggle with my irons, especially shots into the green from 125-180 yards. I have had to become a bit of a scrambler to achieve good scores. I feel like if I am ever going to get into single digits with my handicap, 2017 needs to be it. I am 48 and I am beginning to see signs of what average distances I had with my clubs becoming even less with each passing day.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I have never been fitted for clubs. I am someone who typically goes to the GolfWRX For Sell Forum or eBay and buy my clubs there. With 4 kids and wanting to be able to actually play golf, I have had to purchase clubs on the cheap. I have no clue what flex or what shaft I should use. Like most, I just go with what everyone else uses. I would love to finally be fitted for clubs that will work specifically for me. I really love the game of golf, and I would just like to reap the rewards from all the time spent playing and practicing. I really feel being properly fitted by Callaway, into Callaway gear, would be the start to 2017 I need to be

able to finally have a realistic chance at obtaining my goals.

Thank you so much GolfWRX and Callaway Golf for the opportunity!

Current USGA Handicap - 10.3

2017 Goals - to enjoy more who I am playing with and where I am playing which will relax me to develop strategy and manage the course, resulting in reduced swing thoughts, which in turn will help in obtaining better ball striking and lower scores.

The opportunity to be properly fitted is tough to describe, but it will demonstrate why everyone should be fitted and how well an average person, young or old, male or female, can play well, especially with Calloway equipment.

I don't have an official USGA handicap but my honest assumption would be a 15-17

My goals for 2017 have to be simple because I don't have the time to practice everyday or play more than 2 times a week (Saturday and Sunday). I would love to become more consistent from shot to shot and would LOVE to produce proper ball striking.

I'm a big fan of Callaway and my bag is fully dressed with Callaway clubs and I'm also a major contributor to the Callaway community so it would be nice to meet the team I chat with over there.

Another reason why I would love to visit is because I would love to see the inner workings of a major golf company. This would be a fascinating experience for me.

• Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score): My most recent handicap was 6.7 with an average score right around 80

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My 2017 goals are to increase the volume of my practice from "random" to a minimum of two days each week, and to increase volume of play to a minimum of 3 rounds per month. Steps that I have already taken are installation of a small golf simulator in my extra garage space so that I can practice before and/or after work. Early mornings and long work days aren't always conducive to outside practice time so this is the first step.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Sadly, there is no opportunity in Oklahoma (that I am aware of) to get anything close to tour level fittings. The closest is a 3+ hour drive away in Dallas, TX. I have already made plans to get fit, somewhere, this winter or next spring. I am not a brand loyalist, and have gamed every brand over the years. If picked, I would love the opportunity for a proper fitting so that I know I am getting the best product for my game so that I can be more consistent and shoot better scores. I would also relish the time to learn more about the inner workings of the company and to share them back with the membership of the website.

Thank you GolfWRX for the opportunity!!!!

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

• ​Current USGA handicap: 12
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Break 80 again and often.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I shot 79 for the first time this year and shot 37 in my league championships this year. Felt so good to achieve these goals and thats with never have been fit for anything. I can only imagine what getting fit properly for a driver, irons, wedges, and putter can do for my game. This opportunity has been a dream of mine ever since Bkundson told me about his trip he won and I've been working on my game ever since to be good enough to enter. I play at least 2-3 times per week and go to the range 1-2 times per week.

Cobra King LTD Pro - Project X black Stiff
Srixon 545 5-pw - Nippon Stiff
Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58 Stiff
Byron Morgan DH89

• Current USGA handicap - 3.0
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - continue refining the swing change I made this year than brought my handicap down 3 strokes and hopefully get into + territory, top 10 in state mid-amateur event, top 25 in state amateur event
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - with all the knowledge that Callaway has about equipment I'm certain I can find some tweaks that will enhance performance.

Wow, incredible opportunity. This is a dream trip. Obviously I'm not applying to go as I just had the amazing opportunity to tour the golf ball manufacturing facility and play golf with some of the Callaway crew.

One thing is certain, whoever goes is going to have an AMAZING time. The people at Callaway golf could not have been nicer. Great people, great products. Good luck to everyone!

• In a post below, include:
    • Current USGA handicap
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

USGA Handicap - 7.2

Golf Goals for 2017

1. Each year over the past 10 years or so I have tried to cut my handicap by a stroke I started at a 12-13 handicap and over the first 5 years got down to around were I am at now. After that first 5 years or so I have been stuck at around 7. This upcoming season I hope to break through and get down to somewhere around 5. (Before I get to old!!!)

2. Hit more fairways, to go along with number 1

3. Practice more especially on the short game, also to help with number 1

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

Wow just the opportunity to go to Callaway alone would be incredible, but to get fit professionally by Callaway for the first time would be amazing. Even though I have been fit at Golfsmith for my GBB driver I know the fitting was limited and not even close to the best fit possible (they only had two driver shafts). I have been golfing for over 45 years, getting this opportunity to visit Callaway would be the pinnacle of all of my golfing experiences. Oh and if picked I would definitely be getting the staff bag to hold all the great clubs. Win or loose a huge thank you to Callaway for giving all the GolfWRX members this awesome opportunity.

Cheers,

Jeff

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response

USGA index:

+0.4

Goals:

I want to continue improving and I would love to make the cut and compete at the State Open

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

A year and a half ago I was fit for irons and a driver and I went with Taylormade but I was close to going with Callaway. I would love to see what the numbers from Callaway say now.

I've never been fit for wedges or a putter so I'd be really excited to get my wedges honed in and see if I'm playing the correct putter. I feel that I'm a very good putter right now, so it would be interesting to see if there is something out there that really matches my stroke.

As an engineer I think it would also be really neat to go and see the Callaway headquarters and see that side of things.

• Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

18 handicap!

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017

I never want to see 100 again.

Consistently shoot in the high 80's low 90's

Break 80 ONEEEEEEEE time!

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I've always loved the Callaway brand ever since I started taking this game seriously 5 years ago. I'm in love with their equipment and it would make my life to get to go on this trip and see the amazing facilities in Cali!

Current USGA Handicap

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

My goal is to continue to improve. My handicap over the last year has continued to trend down. I have moved from a 7 to my current status of a 3.3. I am working to improve my consistency. My range of scores is too wide, they range from 73 to 87. I am currently working on my short game, both chipping and putting to improve my scoring. Also, if I do not accomplish it before then, 2017 will be the year I shoot my first round under par.

Why you want to this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

Being properly fit for golf clubs plays an important role in being successful. I have been fit for irons before, but nothing else. All of my other clubs have been fit by trial and error. This is what initially brought me to this website. Callaway golf makes excellent products and I would cherish an opportunity to work with their professionals.

thank you for the opportunity to enter.

CURRENT USGA HANDICAP: floats between a 1 and a 2

STATE THE GOALS FOR YOUR GOLF GAME IN 2017: My goals in 2017 are to win a tournament at Campbell University as I am in the PGAGM Program there, get into a U.S. Open qualifier and hopefully qualify, and get my handicap to scratch/+.

STATE WHY YOU'D WANT TO ATTEND THIS EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY TO BE FIT AT CALLAWAY GOLF: I've never been thoroughly fit for clubs (Just length and lie) and this would be an awesome opportunity to be able to be fit by such legendary people. I would love to be able to game a full set of Callaway clubs and show all the Titleist and Taylormade junkies in the PGAGM program at school that Callaway is the real deal and better than both of those companies. Ive really loved the last couple product lines that Callaway has released just couldnt afford to get any! hopefully this could be way to finally game the Callaway clubs ive wanted to for so long!!

-Thank you for taking the time to consider all the others and myself for this opportunity!

Current USGA handicap - 3.5

State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - In 2017, I would like to get to scratch and begin to play in local amateur tournaments.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I feel Callaway is the leader currently with products and research. I would love the opportunity to visit the actual Callaway facility and see what goes into making Callaway products and fittings. I think it would be great to go through a comprehensive fitting at the Callaway facility throughout the entire bag.

Thanks for the consideration.

Current USGA handicap: 15

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Have fun!, meet more people/new playing partners, have more fun with practice/range time, and, improve iron striking & iron play consistency.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

2016 has been a golf "re-awakening" year for me - playing and enjoying the game more this year than ever (I'm 48 yrs old). I'm enjoying all golfing experiences: watching, playing, talking about the game, etc. Getting a unique "behind the scenes" / industry experience with Callaway (apart from the fitting/getting equipment) would be fun in and of itself. On the equipment side, I did have a fitting about 4 years ago at a large retailer but, after reading about fitting experiences here on GolfWRX, don't believe it was a quality one. I'm sure my game would benefit!

• Current USGA handicap: 11.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Be at or improve on my all-time best handicap, which was 4.6 back in 2007. After having left the game in 2008 for 4 years due to life-events, just can't put it all together.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: First of all, let's just say Callaway Preowned.com should know my name and shipping address quite well! Lol. I have a sentimental attachment to the new Fusion Driver as the ERC Fusion driver was my first golf gift I gave to my dad (chosen over TM r7). Would love to bag that driver! Since the X-Hot product range launch, Callaway products have been on my radar with many moola's worth of them in my house!

Current WITB
Ping G30 9* Ping Tour 65X
Ping G30 14.5* and 18* Ping Tour 80X
Callaway XHP 20* KBS Hy 105S
Callaway X2HP 4i, 5i KBS Ctaper Lite S
Callaway X2HP 6i thru AW Ctaper S
TM TP 52* and 58* ATV KBS Tour V Wedge
Bettinardi Matt Kuchar 1 Standard
Srixon Z-Star

Mix-and-Match
Callaway X2HP Aldila Tour Green 65X
Callaway XHP 17* True Temper EI70X
Adams Pro Mini 20* and 23* Diamana D+ 80S
Adams XTD Forged 5i~PW KBS Tour V 110S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 53* and 59* KBS Tour V 120S
Odyssey Tank #7

• ​Current USGA handicap 0
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 To play my best in local tournaments and qualify for the US Open

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf I havent used Callaway products for over 15 years because I view them as inferior a product. The last club by Callaway was the Great Big Bertha in 1997. I have used Mizuno, Titleist, TaylorMade because I trusted the product. I was naive and ill informed back then but now that I am more informed by this great website, I would like to reacquaint myself the product line.

[*]Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

• ​Current USGA handicap: 6.4
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Lower my scoring average into the mid-70s and break 70.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have never been through the fitting process before and have always gone with the concept of buying products that fit my eye. I'd be interested to see if going with something that maybe I wouldn't have been normally selected, but is more suited to my game, would give me the boosts in performance that I'm looking for. Also, never been west of Texas, so who wouldn't want to go out to California for a little sunshine and golf.

• Current USGA Handicap: 2
  • 2017 Goals: I want to make the cut in my state's mid am, improve my scoring consistency and putting. I also want to have more fun on the golf course and play 2 or more times with my father.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Golf has always been a big part of my identity and something anyone who knows me, identifies me with. Ever since I could remember, I have been fascinated with equipment. Innovation, development, advances in technology and knowing about what new things companies were coming up with intrigued me. Callaway Golf has a special place in my golf memories. I remember laying in my bed as a kid paging through the Edwin Watts catalog and seeing the first Callaway Big Bertha War Bird woods! That was the most amazing club I had ever seen! I have enjoyed seeing Callaway Golf regain their place in the equipment industry over the years. I would love the opportunity to test and give my feedback on their new and upcoming equipment. Oh, and who wouldn’t want a new set of clubs from Callaway!! Thanks for the opportunity Callaway and GolfWRX!

Ping Woods, Irons and Wedges
Cameron Phantom X9.5

Current USGA Handicap: 4.4

2017 Goals: I want / need to tighten up my iron game by hitting approach shots to a closer proximity to the hole so that I can have more realistic birdie opportunities. Also, through proper fitting, I'd like to better my accuracy and distance off the tee with my driver. Another goal of mine is to stick with 14 of the same clubs through the entire 2017 season and end the carousel of club-hopping and see if that aids in dropping my scores / handicap!

Why do I want to attend this exclusive opportunity at Callaway Golf? This is an easy one to answer - it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! I'm a HUGE golf / Callaway fanatic and would cherish the opportunity to see the Callaway Headquarters in Carlsbad. Getting fitted for all Callaway clubs would be icing on the cake!

Thanks!

Justin

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Callaway Apex UW 19*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 

• Current USGA handicap: 11.9
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Be more consistent off the tee and with approach shots within 150 yards .
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have never been fit for clubs I have always had that buy and make it work mentality. I am at that point in my life where I have always lived the safe conservative path. I need to break away and do something for me.

Thanks,

[b]9.5 Ping G20 Pink Bubba Edition[/color][/b]
[b]13.0 Tour Edge Exotic [/b][/font][b]E8[/b]
[b]16.5 Tour Edge [/b][/font][color=#333333]XCG-3 (Ain't nothing kicking this one out)[/color]
[[b]21Tour Edge CB PRO U HYBRID LE[/b]
[b]25 Tour Edge Exotic E9-Recoil F4 [/b][b]Shaft [/b]
[b]PXG 6-PW with Nippon 950's[/b]
[b]50 Ben Hogan TK[/b]
[b]54-Vokey SM5 M Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]58-Vokey SMS K [/b][/font][b]Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]64-Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind-[/b][b]S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]Scotty Cameron 1.5 Select Tour COA# A30182[/b][/font][/size]

• Current USGA handicap: 3.9
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My goal for the year 2017 is to get much more consistent, It seems that my handicap is that low because of my great rounds and I tend to mix in some very bad rounds as well. Instead of shooting in the 70's from time to time, I would love to always shoot in the 70's, and maybe sniff the 60's..
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I think this opportunity blends well with my goal, in that a professional fitting would allow me to become more consistent. I have always had fittings with other companies and tend to come away less than impressed. My tall height and unique swing lend itself to being fit properly.

Current USGA handicap

• +0.7

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

• Win Club championship
  • Qualify for Georgia State Am championship
  • Make cut and contend at Georgia State Mid-Am championship
  • Lower my putts per round by 2 strokes
  • Raise my GIR% by 5%

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

• I'm a huge club junkie. Love building clubs and getting fit. I flew out to Carlsbad and got fit by Callaway for OG X Tour irons over 10 years ago. It was a great experience. I assume with current technology it has only got better.
  • Thank you WRX and Callaway!

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

• ​Current USGA handicap index: 9.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to break 80 more consistently. I had a few days this season where I shot in the mid to high 70s and a couple of days where I coughed it up with a few holes to go mainly because I'm a poor driver of the ball. Honestly I think becoming more consistent and confident with the driver is the key to me shooting rounds in my target area.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I love golf, it went from my hobby to my obsession a few years ago and I've put a lot of hard work into improving. The tough part of it for me like many others is the money aspect of golf. I'm an educator and with the money I make high end specialized fittings aren't an option (this isn't just for me I think a ton of golfers who want to be serious go through this) but considering the way I feel about the game and the research and reading I do daily I would love to have the chance to be fit for equipment by the best to help my game improve.

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s 
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

Handicap: 5.0

Goals: to be more consistent from round to round and average at least one round a week

Reason: I've never been "fitted" for my clubs and I've never played Callaway equipment. Have always used other OEMs.

Cobra LTD X

Titleist TSi2 3W

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Mizuno M Craft I or IV

USGA Handicap:

Golf goals for 2017:

(Total Longshot): Walk on the golf team at Auburn

(More realistic): Make the traveling club golf team at Auburn

Consistently break 80 in tournaments. Play better under tournament pressure

Why I want to win this trip:

Because I'm a self-proclaimed golf equipment nerd and this would be a bucket list experience for me. Just everything about it would be something I remember for the rest of my life.

Handicap: ~10

Goals: With a new job in the golf business I finally have the bug back big time and hope to get back to my best golf in 2017. Used to play every morning and my game has suffered a little without the consistent play.

I would love the chance to get a proper fitting to eliminate a few extra variables that may get in the way of my best golf. Always been a loyal Callaway fan and would love to see the benefit of newer technology. Going to be hard to kick the '13 X-Forged out of the bag though!