APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

Current USGA Handicap: 5.8

Goal for 2017: Shoot or Break Par on 18 holes

Reason to go: My current clubs are a hodgepodge of what i feel works best. Getting the correct clubs and shafts at the right specs would be helpful for my game but something i just can't afford to do. Having a bag full of Callaway clubs would be amazing!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current USGA Handicap: 1.0

Goal for 2017: Qualify for the U.S. Open in my home state of Wisconsin (Erin Hills)

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway? Would love to see the whole process of getting fit for clubs, what all goes into the process, and how it can improve my game and help it take it to the next level.

​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

play 78-82

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Making more stable swing.

Recently found some major issues with my swing so I got to fix it.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

Now already I play all Callaway clubs I like them.

But as I try to make some change on my swing, I want to have proper equipments for my new swing.

Simply, I just want to get better.

Thanks.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

• Current USGA handicap: 6.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I really want to narrow down the range of my scores, as this past year I've shot anywhere from 72 to 92. Currently, my stroke average right now is about 82, which I want to get down to 79. I hope to get my average putts per round down from 33 to 31.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf. I've been a fan of Callaway since my first set of X-14 pro series irons and I still practice with my original White Hot #2 from time to time. I am constantly tinkering with my equipment, and I'd like to see how my current set specs would compare to a professional fitting. I grew up in nearby Oceanside, but never had the opportunity to get fitted at the performance center.

Titleist TSR3 10* Tensei 1k Black 7x 44.5"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* Tensei 1k Black 7x 42.5"

Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5* Diamana Blueboard 8x 41.25"

Titleist U505 4i Tensei 1k Black 8x

Titleist T100 5i-9i Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 46F/50F/54F/60M Project x 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Current USGA Handicap : 5.6

State the goals for 2017 golf game: Make continued improvements in my total game especially my ball striking with my irons. Find that 2 short per round improvement.

State why you would want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Fitting is today's solution to game improvement. Properly fit clubs enhances self-efficacy which provides the platform for continued positive outcomes and ongoing game enjoyment. Visiting Callaway Golf and being properly fit would be my ultimate game improvement experience.

• USGA handicap: 9.1
  • Goals for my game in 2017: Greater consistency on full-swing shots resulting in at least one more birdie per round.
  • Why I'd like to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: With the exception of a putter fitting, all of my fittings to date have felt a little less than conclusive. I'm fairly comfortable with my specs, but there's a big difference between personal experimentation and the certainty of a true Callaway fitting. That kind of confidence goes a long way on the course.

Current USGA Handicap: 5.1

Goals for 2017: To lower my handicap from 5.1 to 2.5 or lower. I'd also like to place 1st or 2nd in an individual golf tournament.

Why this experience with Callaway Golf would be beneficial: I have messed around with a variety of clubs for a number of years, but I am ready to be completely fit with a bag that meets my needs. I don't want to continue in the cycle of buying and selling clubs to try them out anymore. This is a terrific opportunity, and I would be honored to accept it if offered.

• Current USGA handicap is 15.5.
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My primary goal is to shoot consistent scores. I fluxuate wildly from an 81 to 94 depending on how many I hit OB or into hazards. Consistency with my driver and course management are my biggest weaknesses.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Having a bag full of clubs designed specifically for me would be an amazing honor I never expected to be able to do in life. My current irons are Callaway Apex forged, I am a huge Callaway fan and this would be the trip of a lifetime for me.

Thanks so much for the opportunity, good luck to everyone involved!

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

GHIN 4.6

My goals are very similar to Richards as I once played to a 1.3 and would like to get to Scratch and have that as a traveling handicap as well

I'd like to attend for many reasons but one of the main reasons would be just to see the facility and the day to day operations of one of the major OEM's in the golf business. Also who wouldn't want to be fit by the same fitters real PGA Tour starts get fit!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• USGA Handicap: 0.7

• 2017 Goals: My handicap is low enough, but I never seem to put it all together in tournament rounds. In 2017 I plan to play in as many USGA and TXGA amateur events as possible. I'd like to play to my handicap in those events. Win or lose, if my game shows up consistently I'll count that as a win.

• Why? It's obvious the people at Callaway know what their doing, and I believe that having the right people around you can improve your game. I'm sure there's some serious golf wisdom on their team and would value that far more than a new set of clubs. Those would be nice too, though!

• ​Current USGA handicap: 16
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Consistently score below 90, possibly break 80.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: To have the opportunity to be fit comprehensively for the whole bag by experts, to help achieve/exceed my 2017 golf goals. Never had the opportunity to have gaps tested. Would also love to see and tour the facility and talk to industry experts.

Current USGA handicap: 0.5

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to consistently break par, maintain a scratch or better handicap, and win at least 2 tournaments over the next year. I have instances in my game where I will break par or shoot even but have no sense of consistency (possibly because I've only ever fit myself) so having the ability to not blame the clubs for my misses would be great.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've never been properly fit for my game and would love to know my exact numbers and specs instead of just guessing what I might need. I have been to the TPI facility with my uncle when he was fit and would love to see how That differs from Callaway's operation.

Current USGA handicap

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

My goal in 2017 is to be able to control my driver and three wood. I lost a significant scores from not being able to put the ball in play. I also would like to be able to consistently hit my three wood of the deck. I also would like to be able to shoot in the low 80's more consistent. My personal best is 79 from a par 71 course, so I know it's very doable.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I would love the opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf is because I personally love the Callaway brand. I also would like to see the Callaway R&D headquarter and meet Dr. Alan Hocknel also would be a dream!

Thank you

Steve

Current USGA handicap 22.0

Goals: I am military disabled vet currently have recovered from my 2nd back surgery as of June of 2016 and as of now and before then I have never been able to break into the 80s with my golf game. I have been playing for over ten years and wish to be properly fitted with the right tools necessary to save my back and golf game.

Why I would like to be fit by Callaway:

Well although I have a very mixed bag of clubs, I have always loved their products,i try to get what I can when I can, but it is hard to figure out what will work best for me seeing I live in southern Oregon where it isn't the easiest to get fit for clubs, so it is more of a trial and error process. Being selected not only would bring me great joy, but also an honor.

Thank you,

Julian Chavez

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 hole score)

​ No official handicap. According to Arccos has me pegged as a 13.2 handicap. Average score is 86

I want to get down to a single digit handicap by Nov 2017. I also want to win my 9-hole work golf league next year.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I've never been fitted for clubs and have always wanted to get fitted. I started playing 5 years ago and don't have many friends that golf, so I would also like to get to know some other Golfwrx members. I'm currently studying for the CPA, and have 1 toddler and another on the way. While I love my family and my job, I would love to take a nice 2 day vacation for myself to enjoy golf and try out Callaway's newest technology.

Current USGA Handicap: 3.3

Goals for 2017: Get my handicap back to scratch/plus, and win my club championship again. I rallied back from shattering my wrist two years ago to get to a +1 cap and win my club championship. This year I struggled a bit to keep that same form.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I'd love to meet the guys at Callaway Golf especially Anthony Taranto (love his custom wedge work). I've always fit myself or gotten just a basic fitting from a big box store. I love to buy and sell clubs to try for fun, but with a solid fitting, I think it could save me a few shots per round. I feel like a few times a round my equipment just isn't quite right. It would be an awesome opportunity to see the behind the scenes at one of my favorite golf companies, in one of my favorite parts of the country (SoCal is glorious). Plus it'll be right around the time the snow starts falling in the Northeast ;).

Thanks GolfWRX/Callaway for the opportunity!

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

I currently have a 6.0 handicap

I am 59 years old, I have had a couple of minor back surgeries and my main goal for 2017 is to continue to play at a competitive level, additionally every year my goal is to improve my game. As I get older I have lost distance and I kw I cannot get longer but I try to offset my loss of distance by improving my long irons (and hybrids) and improving my short game as my age continues to impact my game.

I am a huge fan of Callaway products, I have played Callaway woods, irons and wedges for the last 11 years. I would love to have the opportunity to spend some time with a fitter since I have not been fi in almost 20 years. I also am interested in the technology and would love to have the opportunity to visit the plant.

I'm five inches from being an outstanding golfer . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .the distance from my left ear to my right ear

· Driver PXG 0211 10.5*

· Fairway PXG 0341X 15* 

· Hybrids PXG 0317X 17* & 19* 

· Irons PXG 0311P

· Wedges CALLAWAY MD5 54/10 & 60/10

· Putter PXG GUNBOAT

· BALL Pro V1

Current handicap: 11

Goals: I have taken a couple years away from golf since my Dad got sick and passed away. I want to make one more run at seeing how much I can improve my game and handicap.

Reasons for wanting to attend: I really enjoy the equipment part of golf. Obviously, the first class fitting would be great but i would be just as excited to look "behind the curtain" of a golf equipment "superpower."

Current handicap: 12.5

Goals for 2017: More consistency with the bottom of my swing, Improve my chipping and pitching, remember to just enjoy the game and the reason I took it up.

Why I want to attend: I took the game up at 56, about 6 years ago. My uncle Buzz who was my Mom's only sibling, was the reason. He played golf from high school on and was one of the most influential people in my life. Quiet, confident and accomplished. I caddied for him as a kid every year at Mohawk Golf Club in Schenectady, NY where he grew up and visited every year when his nephews, including myself, came to visit. He hadn't married yet back then and I so appreciated that he flew in from Pittsburgh when we were there. Time passes, Buzz marries raises a family and retires just outside Philadelphia where he became a member at Aronimink. My cousins were all married there. At the marraige of his last daughter I asked what I'd have to do to join him for a round at Aronimink. He told me when I could consistently shoot 90, he'd invite me down. And so I took up the game. Six years later, as my game got to 90, cancer took his life. We never got to play. In the aftermath of his death as the family gathered at his home, I asked my cousins for his bag, which was at Aronimink. It was delivered to my home two weeks later, directly from Aronimink, with the clubs cleaned and fully set up for his next round, which never came. It included recent scorecards, worn gloves, balls, and the usual gear one carries including, as I came to learn, his prized Big Bertha driver, Callaway 3 wood and Heavenwood hybrids. I learned later from my cousin that it was a big deal for him to buy these, as he was an old school Yankee and as such, very frugal. I had the clubs regripped and made sure the shop kept his ID stickers intact. I now flirt with 80 on rare occasions and at regular intervals, I hit the course with his full bag which includes Hogan irons from god knows when. The new Callaways were a big deal to him. And I think he'd get a kick out of it of I got out there with new Callaways myself and actually got better with them. I think of him every time I play. His name was Bill Denny. Helluva golfer. I know because I have his scorecards.

• ​Current USGA handicap

Main goal for 2017 is to break 80! I've threatened it plenty of times.. it's coming soon.

Another goal is more consistency off the tee.

A general goal is to play more next year and enjoy every second of it.

Why?? This would be an unforgettable experience. I've never been fit before, so I would be able to have full trust in my clubs. I have become a huge golf nerd and would love the opportunity to geek out with fellow golfers/fitters during the process. Sounds like an overall perfect event and I would proudly rep a bag full of Callaway clubs.

My 2016 Hcp - 10.8

Golf goals for 2017- Well since I had my left hip replaced on 9/6/2016 my goals are to keep and even lower my handicap. My equipment in my current bag is 4 yrs old (I know I will get ribbed for this on here, lol), so I was also going to upgrade everything in there as well..

As to why I would like to attend? I think a proper fitting with the top notch staff and equipment at Callaway would help me achieve my goals. Plus I think this would be a once in a lifetime experience and trip. Thank you for the opportunity!

• Current USGA handicap - around 16-18
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I havent been able to play as much as I'd want to this year because of my bouts with diverticulitis. But my main goal is to really work on my tee game. I lose way too many shots off the tee and taking drops or hitting OB kills my scores. Starting off terribly off the tee kills most of my rounds and I know I can do much better and score in the mid to high 80's instead of high 90's.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I'd love to attend this exclusive trip because I've always wanted to visit one of the major OEM's headquarters. I'd love to find out what Callaway has in store for mid to high handicappers such as myself. I'm particularly interested in the Fusion driver since I need max forgiveness off the tee. Plus I've never been fit for all 14 clubs so it would be a great experience to get one.

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

USGA index:

Goals:

I have many goals, long term and short term. One short term goal is probably similar to most “golfers”. I want to play to the absolute best of my ability….I believe I can shoot into the 60s occasionally, and consistently in the low 70s, but I need to prove it to myself and actually do it J What golfer doesn’t want to be the best, golfer they can be and maximize their individual potential. That is the definition of true satisfaction in the game of golf.

Long term, I want to play golf for the rest of my life, injury free. I want to be the guy the young folks talk who always shoots it down the middle and can shoot my age.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I would truly be honored to get a fitting session at the Callaway HQs. I would love to represent the brand and tell the world what the full experience is about. By getting fit, for a full set of gear would greatly improve my chances of meeting/exceeding my short term and long term goals. Plus, Callaway drivers are the longest drivers on the market.

Thanks for the chance to put my name in the hat for this awesome event!

BH

Current usga hdcp- 2.1

Goals for 2017- win our club championship. Finished 2nd two years in a row! Lower handicap to 0.

Why- I have always wanted to go through a complete comprehensive club fitting. I already have a bag full of mostly callaway clubs but have not found driver or woods from them that fit my swing. Again- custom could fix this issue. I do play the Chrome Soft and would love to be fit with the new forged Mack daddies so......Pick Me. :)

Taylormade M1- diamana whiteboard x-stiff set at 6.5*
Titleist 915 13.5*- diamana whiteboard x-stiff
Callaway apex/pro combo set- project x 6.5
Callaway Mack daddy 50, 54, 58
Odyssey works versa

• ​Current USGA handicap: 18
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Become consistent with ball striking.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Why wouldn't I! This game means so much to me and I've been hooked since I was a kid following my grandfather and my father to the course. I'm almost 100% self taught and have only been fitted in a bay at a local golf shop. Being around people who love the game as much as I do would be a fantastic experience and I believe that with the help of Callaway I could finally see some improvement to my game. Would be a wonderful opportunity!

Current Index- 6.9

Goals for 2017

I have a lot of goals, The first is to always have fun and improve. I play a lot of tournaments on one of the Am tours, so my main goal is to get to and win a National Championship in my division. I've been there before, and know that I have the game to pull it off. So if I work on all areas of the game, physical, mental, nutrition, and have the right equipment, then anything is possible.

Why would I want to go to Callaway?

I was born with very rare disease, although I may look normal to the average person, I'm far from normal. I'm sure most people couldn't do what I have to everyday. This sometimes has effects on the golf course or when I was younger other sports.

I know that the right equipment is a big step to hitting your goals. I've liked most of the products Callaway put out the last few years. Best to trust you club decisions to the people who actually designed them and work with top professionals on all the tours.

I would like to thank both Callaway and Golfwrx for this opportunity. If you choose bring me to Callaway HQ and hook me up with the best equipment for my game, not only would that be greatly appreciated, but it would be a big first step to help me reach my goals.

In addition to participating in the normal threads and social media involved with this trip, I might be willing to document the whole year. Everything that goes into getting an older guy who isn't the biggest or the strongest to meet his lofty goals.

• ​Current USGA handicap: No official handicap...used to be a 6

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I worked hard this fall to make a large swing change and it has gone well. My goal for 2017 is to be a better ball striker, namely, hitting more greens which I've determined is what is hurting my scoring opportunities.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I fell in love with the Apex CF Pro irons this year and it really piqued my interest in what Callaway is offering now. The would be a great opportunity to get a first hand experience of what they are all about.

Titleist TSR3 9.0 w/ HZRDUS Blue 6.5
Titleist TSR3 13.5 w/ TENSEI Black 1K 75X
Titleist TSR2 18* hybrid w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist T200 4 iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist 5-P T150 w/ DG120 X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F bent to 48

Titleist Vokey SM9 54D, 60S
Toulon Las Vegas H7