Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

I think I'll hold off trying Bridgestone balls until I see how Tiger does with them.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO... I DIDN'T miss the point. The initial potshot ("point") he took at me was about choosing a ball based on what a player who is infinitely better than me chose. I GOT THAT, chief.

The point I MADE was...maybe there's something more there because why else would the best golfer of this generation choose the most unlikely ball available to him when he wasn't paid to do so??....it couldn't be because, you know, it's actually a product that is one of the best or the best on the market now, could it? Naaahhhhh.

Nope, when given the opportunity to play whatever he wanted to play, Tiger didn't choose Nike, or Titleist, or Cally, or TM....he chose Bridgestone.

Oh, and did it occur to you that Bridgestone has NUMEROUS balls available, for various levels of players???? DID IT? So in other words, Nike, Titlest, Callaway and Taylormade all make balls, but they make various models for various skill levels. So yeah, I might have another look at Bridgestone, but that still doesn't mean I necessarily will play the exact same model as Tiger, but I will have a look at the company again at least.

You guys want my take on it? I think you're all (for the most part) getting worked over by an industry that every three months has another driver that will add 20 yards to your drives. Are you driving it 650 yards yet?

FFS my makeup still consists of a 983E, Sonartec 3 wood and V-foils from 2002.

I'm the last person on this entire forum who caves into the hype. All I said in the post we're all referring to here is: Bridgestone execs are probably happy, and 2) maybe Tiger choosing to use a Bridgestone would suggest they make a better ball(S) than I prejudged them for.

And I'm older than 31 (unfortunately), chief. Try more around the 36 mark.

Doesn't mean we're "getting worked over by the industry", we're just updating our bags with newer stuff.

Yeah... :sleep:

I'm good for that every once in a while. Especially when some stiff attacks me randomly and childishly as such.

Go back and look at this page and see who the children are and who was minding their own business. The proof is clear.

Anyway...I've moved on...

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just the hearsay of Tiger using a Bridgestone has me digging through my stockpile picking them all out.

Can you imagine how elated Bridgestone Golf execs are just at the thought of arguably the greatest ever picking their ball over all the others???

Crazy...never thought Tiger would use that ball.

So, you're going to choose a ball based on what Tiger plays? Serious question....how old are you? :to_become_senile:

Considering how elated you apparently are, I'm sure the Bridgestone execs are polishing their balls over it too.

Just the hearsay of Tiger using a Bridgestone has me digging through my stockpile picking them all out.

Can you imagine how elated Bridgestone Golf execs are just at the thought of arguably the greatest ever picking their ball over all the others???

So, you're going to choose a ball based on what Tiger plays? Serious question....how old are you? :to_become_senile:

Considering how elated you apparently are, I'm sure the Bridgestone execs are polishing their balls over it too.

I already play the B330 because scientifically I believe it's the best ball on the market. I initially didn't see many people switching to the B330-S if Tiger plays it, but the more I think about it's strong validation right? If Tiger switches to the Taylormade M1 or M2 most golfers wouldn't be surprised by it because it's known as the "#1 Driver" on tour. We all know Tiger prefers forged irons, so would it be that much of a surprise if he chose the quality of Mizuno irons over other forged options? Again not shocking to me...

But is Bridgestone known as the "#1" ball, like the other manufacturers lead there respective categories? Not exactly... I personally like the Bridgestone ball most, but I know that's not the majority opinion. Unlike the other two companies, I think it's a big surprise validation if Tiger plays a Bridgestone ball.

Topic cleared of all the crappola.

Take the "potshots" to PM or put each other on ignore.

If there are any more reported violations, the topic will be closed or moved to the cooler.

Did I at least get to keep my "GolfWRX likes"?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Hello Gents. Long time reader and I finally decided to join into the mix.

I am "in" the industry lets say and I have reading Wrx for quite a while now.

Couple notes on Tiger. It is widely known to the industry that during the period of time that Tiger was going thru his personal meltdown (divorce & scandals) that his Q rating was as low for any athlete as it could get. He actually had a negative impact for sponsors.

Now, the dust has somewhat settled, I believe as well as many others think that he can and hopefully will, provide an injection of WOW to golf and specifically to TV golf. I think the industry is finally in a phase of "missing" Tiger - as you don't know what you has until it's gone. I for one hope he returns, and returns with a roar. We will see.

Make no mistake. No matter what he hits, as long as it's a departure from Nike, which ever OEM he switches will sell a TON assuming it's more of a traditional golf manufacturer. Just my opinion

On a personal note, I am still trying to find new clubs short enough for me. Being a parrot makes for very limited options for clubs AND I'm a lefty. #frustration

PACO

Make no mistake. No matter what he hits, as long as it's a departure from Nike, which ever OEM he switches will sell a TON assuming it's more of a traditional golf manufacturer. Just my opinion

Gee, essentially exactly what I insinuated in my post at the top of this page. Such a radical idea...how dare I.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

This thread is now just a "putt" measuring contest.... :lock:

It should've been locked 27.5 pages ago.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm sure they will be most elated when his drives are going 30+ yards sideways.

Or as elated as when Mr Nicklaus himself starts using one. "Someone past their best using OUR ball?!"

Ecstatic.

Keep it open. Saves another dozen "what will tiger be doing when he wins again?" threads popping up. It is quite entertaining and highlights that tiger fans are just as deluded as he is about his chances.

Maybe have a poll too. What will he be doing when he wins next? A) playing Xbox b) playing PlayStation or c) playing a highlights package

Yeah lock this thread, its pitiful...

Might as well just do away with free speech then as well.

It's a free country. No one is forcing to read, post or even look at this friggin thread if it's a problem for you.

Sheesh, how hard is it. :rolleyes:

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Yeah lock this thread, its pitiful...

Might as well just do away with free speech then as well.

It's a free country. No one is forcing to read, post or even look at this friggin thread if it's a problem for you.

Sheesh, how hard is it. :rolleyes:

Pot meet kettle!

You're a clown!! (This right to free speech will soon be taken away by the mods)

I am Very Curious to see if the clubs that we saw in TW's bag at the TW Invitational Clinic are the same ones we see down at Albany for the Hero World Challenge or if we'll start seeing either a whole new bag setup all the way thru or small changes?
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new putter, but that's about it. Next change would probably be woods because he's tinkered with those a good bit through the years, but I doubt he'll change from the VR pro irons and wedges. He likes the way Mike Taylor back at the oven did his clubs, and he hasn't really ever changed from that. The hard part would be to find a company that would build custom clubs just for him the way he wants them. I don't see him getting that without some sort of deal. He's not just gonna pick up an SM6 F grind, because that's not the same exact grind he plays, and he wants non adjustable woods too.

I am Very Curious to see if the clubs that we saw in TW's bag at the TW Invitational Clinic are the same ones we see down at Albany for the Hero World Challenge or if we'll start seeing either a whole new bag setup all the way thru or small changes?
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new putter, but that's about it. Next change would probably be woods because he's tinkered with those a good bit through the years, but I doubt he'll change from the VR pro irons and wedges. He likes the way Mike Taylor back at the oven did his clubs, and he hasn't really ever changed from that. The hard part would be to find a company that would build custom clubs just for him the way he wants them. I don't see him getting that without some sort of deal. He's not just gonna pick up an SM6 F grind, because that's not the same exact grind he plays, and he wants non adjustable woods too.

He said at his Clinic that the putter in his bag would be the one he won 13 of his 14 majors with so it'll be his old Cameron. I still wonder if he'll have an M1 430 or an M2 430 Driver or his Nike Vapor Fly TW (with the Matrix TP7HDE) plus M2 Fairways or Vapor Speed Fairways (with his trusty original Blueboards), Nike VR Pro or Mizuno Blades, Nike VR Pro Wedges or SM6's & either the Nike RZN Platinum that Rors uses or the B330-S? Just my guess from what had been posted in this thread in the past...

He said at his Clinic that the putter in his bag would be the one he won 13 of his 14 majors with so it'll be his old Cameron. I still wonder if he'll have an M1 430 or an M2 430 Driver or his Nike Vapor Fly TW (with the Matrix TP7HDE) plus M2 Fairways or Vapor Speed Fairways (with his trusty original Blueboards), Nike VR Pro or Mizuno Blades, Nike VR Pro Wedges or SM6's & either the Nike RZN Platinum that Rors uses or the B330-S? Just my guess from what had been posted in this thread in the past...

He was testing the Nike woods earlier this year with the TP7HDe too, so that's an option. I just can't see him switching wedges or irons due to the fact that (I think) he would want a new set to have exact same specs, shape, grooves, which only MT knows how to do. I'm not saying Tiger won't ever switch irons and wedges, to me it just seems like a long shot to happen this quickly. And if they had made a TM driver for him it would be under 400 CC probably with a bonded hosel. Read somewhere that the Vapor Fly TW was at 380 CC.

He never should have taken the stainless Scotty out of his hands...ever. He had one of the greatest runs of putting with that putter in history.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

By the way, I've hit and bagged plenty of 400-460cc drivers but my 330 something CC 983E is maybe the longest I've ever hit. I hit a 300 yard drive with it (no wind) at one point...best driver I have ever hit.

I don't know where golfers got the idea that some how anything less than 430CC is some how selling yourself short.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Bridgestone made all the Nike balls for quite some time, and Titleist pays Bridgestone for using their patents on the ProV1 ball, so basically from ProV1 to the first 8 years of his Nike contract, he basically played Bridgestone anyway. He may not have ever played one with a Bridgestone logo outside of Ryder Cup, where he commented he loved Kutcher's ball, but he is quite familiar with Bridgestone balls.

If Tiger were to indeed buy Taylormade like you say and TM staffers were to wear Nike...I'll be interested to see what Sergio will do. With his feud with Tiger would he still stick with Taylormade and have Tiger be his boss?

I would love to see Tiger play TM irons but I honestly see him playing Miura or Mizuno MB's

Bridgestone made all the Nike balls for quite some time, and Titleist pays Bridgestone for using their patents on the ProV1 ball, so basically from ProV1 to the first 8 years of his Nike contract, he basically played Bridgestone anyway. He may not have ever played one with a Bridgestone logo outside of Ryder Cup, where he commented he loved Kutcher's ball, but he is quite familiar with Bridgestone balls.

I don't know a lot about the time Bridgestone made balls for Nike, but if you look at the Tour Accuracy TW, the dimples look really similar to Bridgestone balls now.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping a bombshell in the middle of the night! I'm sure his Nike driver is still under the Tiger headcover but I wonder if TM made him a glued hosel for his M1/M2. Nothing up on the USGA site yet.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

Tiger hitting a M1 3wood today at Medalist...

https://twitter.com/twspot/status/799125250541752320

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not one to engage in TW swing changes or when he's coming back discussions, but to me based on that video, he looks "stiff" and doesn't seem too comfortable to go after it. But then that's basing it on two swings!

I can't wait to see him play tho..

Tiger hitting a M1 3wood today at Medalist...

https://twitter.com/twspot/status/799125250541752320

Thanks for sharing!

I'm not one to engage in TW swing changes or when he's coming back discussions, but to me based on that video, he looks "stiff" and doesn't seem too comfortable to go after it. But then that's basing it on two swings!

I can't wait to see him play tho..

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]