What is the longest hybrid?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many long hybrids, and I've hit many, but the one that is head and shoulders longer than any other is the Adams Super LS Hybrid.

It's larger footprint is a perfect wood replacement. I carry the 17* and they also make a 15*. Because of it's low spin, only gorillas should play the 15*.

I'm serious, if distance is what you're after, there isn't anything longer. Period.

Adams Super XTD Ti....the original gray ones. Much longer than the white LS model. Of current models it's definitely the Cally XR. If they only made a 17 degree.....

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, MRC Tensei AV Blue 

Callaway Epic Flash 3W, 3/4 hybrids, MRC Tensei AV Blue 

Mizuno MP20 MMC, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105 

Mizuno T20 52*/58* wedges, Nippon Modus wedge

Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E

Bridgestone J15 Hybrid. I've got the 17* H1 to have something long and more playable than a traditional 15* 3 wood. I've just never really had any consistent luck with a 3 wood, 14-16 degrees either off the tee or the ground. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just the way I swing. This BS hybrid is hot, and accurate, consistent. I can definitely hit it as long as any 3 wood, but it's a shorter length club. The head in the H1 is 125cc's, which is a bit larger, but it does not really show it so much. It's really nice looking down at the ball. Just underrated, off the radar, great equipment.

Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 wood 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S
Srixon Z 565 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST S
Cleveland CBX 50* and 56* TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge/S
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black/Lamkin deep etched
Srixon Z-STAR

Adams Super LS is the only answer. I had the 17* and it was longer than any 3 wood. Super high ball speed, and freakish low spin. I'm a high launch high spin guy and it never got above 2600 rpm. Basically it's like a driver that you can't swing as fast. I could hit it around 290. My buddy is shallower than me, and so he wonly spun it at around 2000 rpm, and he rolled a few to 310.

BUT, it feels and sounds horrendous. Also if you mishit it, it goes all over the place. I replaced it with the SLDR 17* hybrid. Sacrifice 15 yards but much more consistent.

Any other answer is wrong. This is the longest hybrid ever

Adams Super LS is the only answer. I had the 17* and it was longer than any 3 wood. Super high ball speed, and freakish low spin. I'm a high launch high spin guy and it never got above 2600 rpm. Basically it's like a driver that you can't swing as fast. I could hit it around 290. My buddy is shallower than me, and so he wonly spun it at around 2000 rpm, and he rolled a few to 310.

BUT, it feels and sounds horrendous. Also if you mishit it, it goes all over the place. I replaced it with the SLDR 17* hybrid. Sacrifice 15 yards but much more consistent

310 hybrid haha

There are many long hybrids, and I've hit many, but the one that is head and shoulders longer than any other is the Adams Super LS Hybrid.

It's larger footprint is a perfect wood replacement. I carry the 17* and they also make a 15*. Because of it's low spin, only gorillas should play the 15*.

I'm serious, if distance is what you're after, there isn't anything longer. Period.

for slower swing speeders the largest hybrid I found to be longest at 19.5 degrees is the Wilson Fy fairway bridge. Trust me I have tried them all. At 41 inches there is no longer for sub 100mph swingers.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

The longest hybrid I've hit was a 816 H1 with the stock speeder shaft. I currently play a 913 19* with a RIP Pheanom in it and it's a point and shoot club from 220-225. I may pick up a H1 this fall and see how it plays head to head on the course, but it created too close distance gap for my 3 Wood. I also hit it higher which is ideal for approach shots.

The 15* is a driver replacement. The 17 almost is as well too lol.

I wish Adams didn't die, they were a truly innovative company

Yeah, it's a shame. Easily my favorite OEM since I started playing 9 years ago. Ridiculously good equipment at ever better prices.

I think their XTD Forged irons are so good I have 3 sets (!). Set with C-Tapers, RIPS, and Modus 130. They're a smaller clubhead than the z745 and z765 (my other sets) but they are longer and more forgiving!

Anyway, back to the Super LS Hybrid. Wow. You're right, there will be many answers given on this thread, but unless they say it's the Super LS hybrid, they're wrong. You do however have to have the swing speed to make up for the super low spin.

Yeah, it's a shame. Easily my favorite OEM since I started playing 9 years ago. Ridiculously good equipment at ever better prices.

I think their XTD Forged irons are so good I have 3 sets (!). Set with C-Tapers, RIPS, and Modus 130. They're a smaller clubhead than the z745 and z765 (my other sets) but they are longer and more forgiving!

Anyway, back to the Super LS Hybrid. Wow. You're right, there will be many answers given on this thread, but unless they say it's the Super LS hybrid, they're wrong. You do however have to have the swing speed to make up for the super low spin.

That's true you do need a bit of speed and launch for sure. And yeah this is one of the very few equipment questions where there is literally only one right answer

BUT, it feels and sounds horrendous. Also if you mishit it, it goes all over the place. I replaced it with the SLDR 17* hybrid. Sacrifice 15 yards but much more consistent.

Any other answer is wrong. This is the longest hybrid ever

I completely agree with this post. I had a 17 and 22 degree with tour addi 95x shafts and these were absolute rocket launchers. Sound and feel were horrible but the ball flight and distance was absolutely off the charts. Easily 10 yards longer than my current hybrid Exotics CB Pro U but I much prefer the sound, feel and consistency of the CB pro. Super ls was easy to hit off the fairway but the CB pro with the slip steam sole cuts through the rough much better. Super ls is really fun to hit though.

Cobra King LTD 9.0 Tour AD-GP 6x
Tee CB Pro F2 13.5 Tour AD-GP 7x
Tee CB Pro F2 17.5 Tour AD-GP 7x
Tee CB Pro U 21 Tour AD DI 95x
Amp Cell Pro 5-G UST Recoil Proto 125 F5
Cobra King Versatile 56* 60* Nippon Modus 125
Kingston KP001 GSS

If you're looking for what travels the farthest and only that, it would have to be one of the 15-17* hybrids.

If you're looking for a hybrid that may not fully replace the 3 wood on its longest hits but will be long as anything similarly lofted I would look at the Callway Big Bertha hybrids from a few years ago. It comes in the regular big bertha and the alpha version. The lowest lofted regular is at 19* and can be turned down to 18 degrees. The alpha can go as low as 17 degrees. I felt comfortable all of last year leaving my 3 wood at home. It wasn't a full replacement, but carrying it at 235 rolling out to 250+ I really never felt the need for another longer club. Also, it was very anti left for me, which was a big problems with hybrids. I liked it so much I ended up buying a 4 hybrid also to replace my 3 iron.

In fact, I am still looking at 3 woods as I have not found one I am in love with. I am perfectly content with my bag otherwise. When I do find one, I will just up the loft back to 19 or 20 then loft up my 4 hybrid to 23 to fit my gaps better.

Not to mention they can be found under $100 on ebay. I do have an BB alpha 18* with a Tour AD DI shaft that I could let go if you're interested.

If you're looking for what travels the farthest and only that, it would have to be one of the 15-17* hybrids.

If you're looking for a hybrid that may not fully replace the 3 wood on its longest hits but will be long as anything similarly lofted I would look at the Callway Big Bertha hybrids from a few years ago. It comes in the regular big bertha and the alpha version. The lowest lofted regular is at 19* and can be turned down to 18 degrees. The alpha can go as low as 17 degrees. I felt comfortable all of last year leaving my 3 wood at home. It wasn't a full replacement, but carrying it at 235 rolling out to 250+ I really never felt the need for another longer club. Also, it was very anti left for me, which was a big problems with hybrids. I liked it so much I ended up buying a 4 hybrid also to replace my 3 iron.

In fact, I am still looking at 3 woods as I have not found one I am in love with. I am perfectly content with my bag otherwise. When I do find one, I will just up the loft back to 19 or 20 then loft up my 4 hybrid to 23 to fit my gaps better.

Not to mention they can be found under $100 on ebay. I do have an BB alpha 18* with a Tour AD DI shaft that I could let go if you're interested.

That's also a good club. Golfsmith was selling them new for $100 for months, they probably still are