2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Srixon z565

Jlender21

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered mine on 4/17. Still patiently waiting for their arrival......

Ordered mine on the 18th and still waiting as well. It's finally not raining in Indiana, so I'm pumped to get out there.

Great news, mine arrived today (exactly 4 weeks from the initial order). I had time for a range session in VERY windy conditions. My setup is standard loft, lie and length with Project x LZ 5.5 shafts (swing speed is 100-105 and handicap is 7). Coming from a very long history with my beloved Mizuno MX-23, here are my quick initial impressions:

Looks: Compact at address, do not at all look like a GI iron. very impressed!

Feel: Outstanding feel. Very similar to my MX-23's which was to be expected. The combination of the 565 and LZ shaft is absolutely perfect for me. I have full face awareness and am able to put a very smooth swing on the ball.

Performance: For me, the performance is night and day compared to my old set. I can much better control the flight (I hit both sets side by side), dispersion is much tighter and I gained over a club in length.

While all of this is subjective and based on my personal preferences, I cannot be any happier with this purchase. Phenomenal set of clubs. I am really looking forward to this season!

That is good news! Which shipping service did they come by?

Fedex two day delivery. They actually arrived on Thursday, but the PGASS did not call me until Friday.

I did get out today and played my par 3 course to test out accuracy, distance control and dispersion. My very first swing with th gap wedge from 120 hit and inch from the pin and stayed right on the lip of the cup... so close! I will post pictures, but on 8 and 9 I hit two shots each. 8 was playing 160 and I hit two eight irons. The ended up within two feet of each other and about 4 feet from the pin. Number 9 was playing 170 and I hit two 7 irons. This time they literally landed within one foot of each other and about 3 feet from the pin.

I would say they passed with flying colors today!

Ordered mine on 4/17. Still patiently waiting for their arrival......

Ordered mine on the 18th and still waiting as well. It's finally not raining in Indiana, so I'm pumped to get out there.

Great news, mine arrived today (exactly 4 weeks from the initial order). I had time for a range session in VERY windy conditions. My setup is standard loft, lie and length with Project x LZ 5.5 shafts (swing speed is 100-105 and handicap is 7). Coming from a very long history with my beloved Mizuno MX-23, here are my quick initial impressions:

Looks: Compact at address, do not at all look like a GI iron. very impressed!

Feel: Outstanding feel. Very similar to my MX-23's which was to be expected. The combination of the 565 and LZ shaft is absolutely perfect for me. I have full face awareness and am able to put a very smooth swing on the ball.

Performance: For me, the performance is night and day compared to my old set. I can much better control the flight (I hit both sets side by side), dispersion is much tighter and I gained over a club in length.

While all of this is subjective and based on my personal preferences, I cannot be any happier with this purchase. Phenomenal set of clubs. I am really looking forward to this season!

That is good news! Which shipping service did they come by?

Fedex two day delivery. They actually arrived on Thursday, but the PGASS did not call me until Friday.

I did get out today and played my par 3 course to test out accuracy, distance control and dispersion. My very first swing with th gap wedge from 120 hit and inch from the pin and stayed right on the lip of the cup... so close! I will post pictures, but on 8 and 9 I hit two shots each. 8 was playing 160 and I hit two eight irons. The ended up within two feet of each other and about 4 feet from the pin. Number 9 was playing 170 and I hit two 7 irons. This time they literally landed within one foot of each other and about 3 feet from the pin.

I would say they passed with flying colors today!

Here are a couple of photos when I was playing two shots. The first was from 160 yards. Hit 8 iron. The second was from 170 yards and hit 7 iron.

What shaft are guys that are high ball hitters that have too much spin using in these? Finding a nice a low spin and low to mid launch shaft will be needed for me. I'm guessing c tapers will be fine

Project x.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the 565s. After reading through all the hype i can't wait for them to be here on Friday. I have a couple other sets I'm going to put them up against so once I get some range time I will check back in with the results and my opinion.

915 D2 w/Tour AD DI 6
913F 15* w/PXv Tour 6.0
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw w/PXi 6.0
SM5 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Squareback
ProV1x

Ordered my 565's n 4/17 and received on 5/10. They are everything I thought they would be...

Were the shafts upgraded or stock?

$40.00 per shaft upgrade for the SteelFibers at Golfmart. I think they gave me a good deal since they are $90.00 on the Cobra website...

Driver: Cobra F7
Irons: Srixon 565's Steelfibers I95
3 Wood: Callaway Octane Tour 15*
Wedges:Wishon HM's SteelFiber i110
Hybrid: Cobra 20* Putter: Ping Craz-E
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

So I had THE nightmare WRX situation. I posted in the WTB forum that I as looking for a set and had a "rep" contact me. His info checked out, great feedback on here, active user with lots of BST activity. Sent him the funds (gifted of course. What a dummy I am) on April 15. Everything should be ordered. He starts ghosting me on April 28th. Not a word.

He sent me an "order number" at one point (I assume to hold me off), tried to delete it but for some reason I can still see it in the messages on my phone. So I contact Srixon directly. They are no longer sending product to that persons shop.

Fingers crossed this person is a standup guy. First time I've ever had a bad experience buying something here.

Callaway Epic
Adams Tight Lies
Srixon z565
Cleveland 588 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9

So I had THE nightmare WRX situation. I posted in the WTB forum that I as looking for a set and had a "rep" contact me. His info checked out, great feedback on here, active user with lots of BST activity. Sent him the funds (gifted of course. What a dummy I am) on April 15. Everything should be ordered. He starts ghosting me on April 28th. Not a word.

He sent me an "order number" at one point (I assume to hold me off), tried to delete it but for some reason I can still see it in the messages on my phone. So I contact Srixon directly. They are no longer sending product to that persons shop.

Fingers crossed this person is a standup guy. First time I've ever had a bad experience buying something here.

You need to have the mods involved in this. If this member screwed you, they need to be banned. Who is the other party.

Ps. Never gift. Call PayPal and beg for help.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

let us know who it is

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Ordered my 565's n 4/17 and received on 5/10. They are everything I thought they would be...

Have you compared them to the ping ie1 or i200?

I've never been a Ping fan. My two finalists were the Callaway Apex CF 16's and the Srixon 565's. Srixon's eventually won out because of turf interaction and consistency...

Driver: Cobra F7
Irons: Srixon 565's Steelfibers I95
3 Wood: Callaway Octane Tour 15*
Wedges:Wishon HM's SteelFiber i110
Hybrid: Cobra 20* Putter: Ping Craz-E
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

I've never been a Ping fan. My two finalists were the Callaway Apex 16's and the Srixon 565's. Srixon's eventually won out because of turf interaction and consistency...

When I did my fitting, I narrowed down to those two options as well. The v sole and the consistency on slightly off-center hits were the factors that led me to choose the 565 over the Apex.

I actually had to get Srixon involved and the rep there was SUPER helpful. Luckily the original seller made it right and refunded my money. My experience with Srixon's rep couldn't have been more positive. My sticks are actually ordered this time and are on track to be delivered next week. I can't wait to hit them! I assume it's going to be a significant upgrade over my (beloved) Adams CB2's.

Callaway Epic
Adams Tight Lies
Srixon z565
Cleveland 588 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9

Having trouble finding info on this, but an you see the cavity in the 545/565 4 and 5 iron at address? I expect a little in the 4 iron with a GI set, but don't like seeing much in a 5. Can see a tiny bit in my SLDR 5 if I am playing the ball closer to my left foot. Don't want to go any chunkier.

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

Having trouble finding info on this, but an you see the cavity in the 545/565 4 and 5 iron at address? I expect a little in the 4 iron with a GI set, but don't like seeing much in a 5. Can see a tiny bit in my SLDR 5 if I am playing the ball closer to my left foot. Don't want to go any chunkier.

From your description of the SLDR, the 565 certainly isn't "chunkier" in my experience. Certainly depends on ball position, but in my set I can see a bit of the cavity in the 4 iron and essentially nothing with the 5 iron.

From your description of the SLDR, the 565 certainly isn't "chunkier" in my experience. Certainly depends on ball position, but in my set I can see a bit of the cavity in the 4 iron and essentially nothing with the 5 iron.

only play a 5i but cannot see anything at address

Is there anyone out there that likes the older model more than these new ones? I am narrowed down to z565 or taylormade psi. I just wanted to know if anyone thought the 545 were better because you can find them pretty cheap now. Also I hear the 745 are closer to the new 565 is this true? Because they are now cheaper too. Any info would help greatly and if you have hit both psi and srixon let me know. There are no srixon dealers near me so I've only hit the psi. Thanks

I have played 545 & 565 extensively. Additionally I have played the 545 AW, 745 AW, 765 AW. Preference 745 AW. Very subtle difference between both sets & AW. I did order my 765 set with Miyazaki Graphites, disappointed with this offering only because there are so many graphite that are superior. Paderson's, Graphite Design AD, Fujikura Speeder Pro, Recoil ES to name a few.

As great as these irons are I find them playing behind the following:

EPON AF 503

PXG 0311 Darks

Both are super premium offerings that cost 3 times as much.

Find the shafts you favor and the 565 or 545 are top shelf offerings.

This past week I ordered a set o 765s, 5-GW with Modus 120X, coming from Mizuno MPH5s with C Tapers 120S. Was thinking of keeping my 3 and 4 irons from my Mizunos, but now wondering if I should get the 3 and 4 in the 565s and match my shafts.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Just an update. I am playing the 565 in 4 iron only, with the rest of the set in 965.

I have hit that 4 iron so well I am definitely going to add the 5 and 6 iron in the 565.

And thaf doesn't mean I can't hit the 965s well. I love them. Very forgiving, the most forgiving muscleback I've ever played, by a good margin.

It is just that the 565 is so easy to hit and it is longer than the 765/965, no doubt about it. Feels great, strong flight. I am not super long and I am carrying the 4 iron 210 consistently. That is strong for my game. Hard to pass up more of that. And I love the 965 in the scoring irons. But for all I know, the 565 scoring irons are great too, even if they are larger.

The whole Srixon lineup is excellent. The V Sole works so well and you know it when you get a little steep and it saves you. My second round out with these irons and we played a pretty solid track (Duke University). Hit 12 greens in reg, had two more less than two yards off the green. Already have a lot of confidence in these Srixons.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches