#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Nick was handling my putter fitting as well. We talked a lot about my issues with alignment and some of the fundamentals of my stroke. He truly was a wealth of knowledge and I learned a ton about what causes certain misses with my current putter.

Current Gamer: Cameron X7M 35", STD Loft, STD lie.

New Gamer: Odyssey RSX no. 2, 35.5", 2* loft, 70* lie, Odyssey Pistol grip with a site dot added to the top line.

#TheWRX 12/11/16
Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
X Forged Utility 24* $-Taper
RAZR MB 5-P - $-Taper
MD5  52s, 56W, 60w or 60x - $-Taper
Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120

c82f7ae487aa9082ded1b080d79ef013.jpg

Currently in [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1417466-thewrx-the-epic-event-at-callaway-golf-8-members-are-treated-to-thewrx/"]#TheWRX[/url]...

[size=2]Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Taylormade TP5X[/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/844200-qmanys-swingsticks-lesson-w-gankas-p-108/"]QMany's Swing/Sticks[/url] / [url="https://www.instagram.com/matthewdquandt/"]Instagram[/url]

Will you guys just get back here? I'm almost done my Manhattan and greg woke up and left

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic SubZero 13 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

How early do you start in the morning

Breakfast at 7 a.m., then off to the ECPC at 7:45 for our fitting.

PING G410 LST 9* - Diamana Ltd Dialead S+ 60X
Callaway Mavrik 15* - Diamana Ltd Dialead D+ 70X
Callaway Apex 18* - Diamana S+ 80X
PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
Spider X Chalk
Titleist Pro-V1 Yellow

So, did no one get fit for the new Odyssey "O" Works putters? Did you not see them, just not a fit for anyone, or "you can't talk about it"?

Thanks, have a great day fellas, hit em straight.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
JPX921F 6-G LZ Blackout 
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Most likely can't talk about it yet.

Any one like or get fitted into the Toulon putters?

If they get Gagged on releasing info for a trip out to Cali to promote the new gear that is absurd...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

So far it looks like you guys are having a great time. Would love to hear more specifics but I know that you are mostly bound by NDA's.

Is there any word on David Mills on if there is any relationship there for his putters or let me guess covered under the NDA....

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

So, did no one get fit for the new Odyssey "O" Works putters? Did you not see them, just not a fit for anyone, or "you can't talk about it"?

You'll see that we can't reference the 2017 lines by model name. Even if the names for the drivers, putters, and wedges have been leaked and are out there, we've been specifically asked not to mention them by model name until a certain embargo date. So, you'll see us refer to them as 2017 driver, new putter line, etc.

So to answer your first question, we weren't all fit into a specific line. Instead, we went with whatever worked best for our stroke. Some are in the Works lineup (MtlJeff) while others gravitated to a RSX Milled model (Brizam). I happen to fit best in a head from the upcoming lineup. It has new technology that we'll learn more about tomorrow morning, but I loved how soft it felt.

Currently in [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1417466-thewrx-the-epic-event-at-callaway-golf-8-members-are-treated-to-thewrx/"]#TheWRX[/url]...

[size=2]Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Odyssey O Works R-Line
Taylormade TP5X[/size]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/844200-qmanys-swingsticks-lesson-w-gankas-p-108/"]QMany's Swing/Sticks[/url] / [url="https://www.instagram.com/matthewdquandt/"]Instagram[/url]

The putter fitting wore someone out.

LOL...........traveling is a beat down unless you're accustomed to it. Throw in a time change (Eastern to Pacific for some?) and then evening activities and alcohol.......ha!

Awesome trip; hope everyone has a great time and gets fit for equipment that can make a difference in your game.

TaylorMade M2 10.5[sup][size=2]o[/size][/sup] / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

You'll see that we can't reference the 2017 lines by model name. Even if the names for the drivers, putters, and wedges have been leaked and are out there, we've been specifically asked not to mention them by model name until a certain embargo date. So, you'll see us refer to them as 2017 driver, new putter line, etc.

So to answer your first question, we weren't all fit into a specific line. Instead, we went with whatever worked best for our stroke. Some are in the Works lineup (MtlJeff) while others gravitated to a RSX Milled model (Brizam). I happen to fit best in a head from the upcoming lineup. It has new technology that we'll learn more about tomorrow morning, but I loved how soft it felt.

Understood - I remember on the JetSpeed trip I was up ridiculously early each morning as well. Maybe not 4:00 am but 4:30-5:00

Enjoy the trip!

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Thank you!

I will just read between the lines on that stuff, try and decipher.

Hope you guys have a beautiful day for golf.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

JPX921F 6-G LZ Blackout 
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Most likely can't talk about it yet.

Any one like or get fitted into the Toulon putters?

If they get Gagged on releasing info for a trip out to Cali to promote the new gear that is absurd...

I was not sure how that was going to work either, but sounds like it.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

JPX921F 6-G LZ Blackout 
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

I was fitted for the Odyssey Works Tank Versa #1 Wide Putter. Nick was very good at analyzing my putting stroke. I subconsciously had two different strokes. One good, one not. Once I focused on the good putting stroke Nick was able to narrow down the choices to the one mentioned above.

It will be 38-inches long and a couple of degrees flat, which I thought was odd given that my irons are so upright. However, I always noticed the toe being a little bit up on my putters.

^^^Johnny is awesome! He's such a cool guy to hang out with and he's taken good care of us since the moment we arrived.

The entire Callaway staff was awesome last night. Everyone there has such a passion for the game. It's easy to see they love their jobs.

The ECPC is an amazing place.

PING G410 LST 9* - Diamana Ltd Dialead S+ 60X
Callaway Mavrik 15* - Diamana Ltd Dialead D+ 70X
Callaway Apex 18* - Diamana S+ 80X
PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
Spider X Chalk
Titleist Pro-V1 Yellow

Hope you get to spend some time with Rock Ishii. Try to find out what direction Callaway will be going with their golf ball line.

TaylorMade M2 10.5[sup][size=2]o[/size][/sup] / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro Ltd. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23[sup]o [/sup]/ UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 DS / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike SV Tour 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

Like Sean and Rod have said, the ECPC is flat out amazing and the Callaway guys were so excited to have us there. Everyone there has such a passion for what they do. Johnny has been hanging out with us since we got here and he is such a cool guy.

I'll go more in depth on my putter fitting and regular fittings after the trip is over but their attention to detail has been nothing but mind blowing. I didn't even realize that the model they fit me into wasn't offered at retail. I didn't push to get fit into anything off menu, all I did was talk to Nick about what I liked to see T address and he pulled a couple models off the shelf and told me that we had a winner with the RSX 2.

#TheWRX 12/11/16
Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
X Forged Utility 24* $-Taper
RAZR MB 5-P - $-Taper
MD5  52s, 56W, 60w or 60x - $-Taper
Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120

So Nick was handling my putter fitting as well. We talked a lot about my issues with alignment and some of the fundamentals of my stroke. He truly was a wealth of knowledge and I learned a ton about what causes certain misses with my current putter.

Current Gamer: Cameron X7M 35", STD Loft, STD lie.

New Gamer: Odyssey RSX no. 2, 35.5", 2* loft, 70* lie, Odyssey Pistol grip with a site dot added to the top line.

Major CHANGE there in that set up!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link