#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

So I wanted to share a little tidbit from last night before writing my big review. All the Callaway guys are so personable and fun to be around but Sean Toulon is on a whole different level. I got done playing on 18 at Torrey Pines and I sat down to eat our luncheon and Sean Toulon and Jason Finley sit next to me and we start chatting. I literally couldn't finish my meal because Sean was asking me so many questions and I was batting questions right back at him. We got to talking about a certain project that can't be named yet and started showing me stuff on his phone that none of us were even suppose to see or know existed. All while this is going on Finley is death starring Sean with a look that just screamed "why do keep doing this? They aren't suppose to know about this!" Sean literally couldn't wait to spill the beans on projects and he swears like a sailor while doing it. The conversation ended with Sean Toulon talking about a certain putter competitor by saying "I love him to death, we've been friends for 25 years but I want him to have to sell one of his Bentley's."

That is EPIC.

Let's get the "CustomShop" rockin.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you guys that made the trip; was an invite to the Callaway V.I.P program provided to you?

IMO, in addition to the positive publicity trips like this generate, Callaway has made an investment in you guys...........you'd be great brand ambassadors for them in your local golf communities. I believe there is a nice discount on equipment as part of the V.I.P program which may help keep you playing Callaway into the future.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

So I wanted to share a little tidbit from last night before writing my big review. All the Callaway guys are so personable and fun to be around but Sean Toulon is on a whole different level. I got done playing on 18 at Torrey Pines and I sat down to eat our luncheon and Sean Toulon and Jason Finley sit next to me and we start chatting. I literally couldn't finish my meal because Sean was asking me so many questions and I was batting questions right back at him. We got to talking about a certain project that can't be named yet and started showing me stuff on his phone that none of us were even suppose to see or know existed. All while this is going on Finley is death starring Sean with a look that just screamed "why do keep doing this? They aren't suppose to know about this!" Sean literally couldn't wait to spill the beans on projects.

Sean does have a way of making you feel you have been friends forever. Great that you guys got to interact with everyone at Callaway! Seems like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to see the stuff you're not allowed to talk about yet!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Next on the tee Mtljeff

https://vimeo.com/195626869

Cool! Wish I'd hit a better one haha.

Caddie told me it hit the cart path twice.

So my total distance was just off the charts!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So I wanted to share a little tidbit from last night before writing my big review. All the Callaway guys are so personable and fun to be around but Sean Toulon is on a whole different level. I got done playing on 18 at Torrey Pines and I sat down to eat our luncheon and Sean Toulon and Jason Finley sit next to me and we start chatting. I literally couldn't finish my meal because Sean was asking me so many questions and I was batting questions right back at him. We got to talking about a certain project that can't be named yet and started showing me stuff on his phone that none of us were even suppose to see or know existed. All while this is going on Finley is death starring Sean with a look that just screamed "why do keep doing this? They aren't suppose to know about this!" Sean literally couldn't wait to spill the beans on projects.

Sean is the best in the business period! Great trip, it's been super fun to follow this thread. I'm Looking forward to all your reviews and write ups of the golf clubs.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Next on the tee Mtljeff

So that's where the extra distance is coming from with the new drivers- CPT, Cart Path Technology!

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I saw Paige got engaged.. One of you guys decided to pop the question while she was getting a fitting?

Rod looks like he was getting friendly with Amanda, so my money is on Jeff. She's fair skinned, he's from Canada, where sun tan doesn't exist, so it seems to make sense.

Haha, we were joking yesterday night that we were a really boring group actually. No one was single, everyone married, most with kids.

I mean there was a lot of joking around and etc, but we technically spent more time group face timing with Bram's kids than talking about going out to pick up chicks

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My dude Grant killed it today. I had about 40 feet for eagle on 18 and you know I wasn't leaving that sh*t short

Hang on...didn't an earlier poster say you shot 70 with a bogey on the last.

Does that mean what I think it means.....? :o

Hahah, fortunately it is not what you think! I had par on 18, but it was an ugly three-putt so some might have thought it was bogey.

The pin was back left. I left it about 40 feet under the hole down in that infamous front left bowl. My PR is 68 and that eagle would have tied it. I got a little jacked up and blew it 8 feet by above the hole.

Ah, just a regular three-putt-par then :taunt: I'm glad you managed to avoid the dreaded F-word.

Great round, anyway, and especially with a brand new set of sticks.

I saw Paige got engaged.. One of you guys decided to pop the question while she was getting a fitting?

Rod looks like he was getting friendly with Amanda, so my money is on Jeff. She's fair skinned, he's from Canada, where sun tan doesn't exist, so it seems to make sense.

Haha, we were joking yesterday night that we were a really boring group actually. No one was single, everyone married, most with kids.

I mean there was a lot of joking around and etc, but we technically spent more time group face timing with Bram's kids than talking about going out to pick up chicks

I see you working. You should also mix in how much you missed everyone (including your pets) and although you had a great time, you couldn't wait to get back home.

Next on the tee Mtljeff

So that's where the extra distance is coming from with the new drivers- CPT, Cart Path Technology!

Jeff must have been holding back on the trip, but typically we Canadians deploy what's known as PPT (poutine power technology). This strategy involves a fairly sizebable portion of poutine prior to and during your round to maximize distance. Its more common in Eastern Canada but its making its way out West!

Congrats again guys! You've all represented the WRX community with grace.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

I was talking with Rod yesterday at dinner about how crazy it was for 2 lefty's to be at callaway during the new product launch. Obviously there's a prominent lefty who is on staff there, so there was a lot of talk about him. We got to see a bin of Phil's rejected clubs, rod got a wedge that I believe was made for him. And unless I'm wrong it was hinted that our new driver (I got the SZ and Rod the regular one) was at the ECPC in case he wanted to hit them.

It's just kinda cool to think about. They made it sound like almost no lefty's had hit the clubs yet.

I'll post more when I can get on a laptop, but as others have written it was a great time. The Callaway staff genuinely seem to love golf and talking about golf. Not everyone there was the CEO or Vp marketing, there were lots of other guys who gave up their weekend to spend time with us and they seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. Me and Scott were there early and guys on the Callaway staff spent time with us Saturday night too. And again I don't mean Harry or someone where you'd say it comes with the job.

The culture they have there was very impressive. A lot of very outgoing people who love everything about golf

Will post a detailed review of my bag when home and the fittings behind it

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I should've come.. I would've had several pretty incredible wing men. haha. Seems like a great group of guys. I think that's what I'm most envious about! Golf equipment is a huge plus, but I have enough nice clubs to last me forever, but the outing and experience is I'm really having a good time reading about! The fact that you couldn't buy this trip makes it pretty dang special!

I was talking with Rod yesterday at dinner about how crazy it was for 2 lefty's to be at callaway during the new product launch. Obviously there's a prominent lefty who is on staff there, so there was a lot of talk about him. We got to see a bin of Phil's rejected clubs, rod got a wedge that I believe was made for him. And unless I'm wrong it was hinted that our new driver (I got the SZ and Rod the regular one) was at the ECPC in case he wanted to hit them.

It's just kinda cool to think about. They made it sound like almost no lefty's had hit the clubs yet.

I'll post more when I can get on a laptop, but as others have written it was a great time. The Callaway staff genuinely seem to love golf and talking about golf. Not everyone there was the CEO or Vp marketing, there were lots of other guys who gave up their weekend to spend time with us and they seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. Me and Scott were there early and guys on the Callaway staff spent time with us Saturday night too. And again I don't mean Harry or someone where you'd say it comes with the job.

The culture they have there was very impressive. A lot of very outgoing people who love everything about golf

Will post a detailed review of my bag when home and the fittings behind it

Phil probably won't be swinging a club for the near term. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Cody Gribble with Callaway once he makes the jump from his Nike equipment. I think he would be a great addition to their tour staff.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

It looks like you all had an amazing time - I think I speak for everyone when I say - we are all jealous of you - but it seems as though you all are a great group of guys who genuinely enjoyed each others company.

Now onto the hard questions: Who did everyone get to play with, what was the match, who ended up winning, and what was the prize?

I don't actually know who won, but it was for a years supply of Chrome Soft.

Amanda took the last putt for Bram (Brizam) and my match. Just missed.

Dude! Amanda readily admits that she's a horrible putter! ha ha!

I think that's Finley's job. :derisive: I still have a picture on my phone from October's ball tour (that was a sweet photo, btw) that I still can't post because you can clearly see that it's the new ball... So, I know that steely glare that says, "boy, you better keep it in line or else..." Ha Ha! Finley is a good dude. You can tell a lot from his social media presence that he's a good father and cares a ton about his wife and kids. It's good to see someone with such a high position keep his priorities straight.

The blades with those new forged wedges look incredible!

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

For you guys that made the trip; was an invite to the Callaway V.I.P program provided to you?

IMO, in addition to the positive publicity trips like this generate, Callaway has made an investment in you guys...........you'd be great brand ambassadors for them in your local golf communities. I believe there is a nice discount on equipment as part of the V.I.P program which may help keep you playing Callaway into the future.

Chip Brewer explained to us that Callaway's number one priority is the customer. He further said it is important for Callaway to interact with the customer and get their feedback.

No one has mentioned it in awhile, those Seamus/Callaway/GolfWRX head covers are brilliant!! Great to follow this thread.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

No one has mentioned it in awhile, those Seamus/Callaway/GolfWRX head covers are brilliant!! Great to follow this thread.

They really are awesome!

Callaway did a great job making us feel special and appreciated. At first I wonder if it was all for show, but I realized after talking with so many Callaway folks that they were really glad to have us there and they seemed to truly appreciate that we were there; it was as if we were doing them a favor.

Truly genuine people who love what they do.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

They really are awesome!

Callaway did a great job making us feel special and appreciated. At first I wonder if it was all for show, but I realized after talking with so many Callaway folks that they were really glad to have us there and they seemed to truly appreciate that we were there; it was as if we were doing them a favor.

Truly genuine people who love what they do.

That's the mark of a great company.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Torrey will take it out of you, ey Rob.

Poor little guy is all tuckered out. Q thanks for posting so much love the updates and NICE PLAYING!!!!! 70 is solid with all new gear and a new track. Keep it coming !

Q that wedge is filthy.

Ohh my. Priceless. :rofl:

For the record, I wasn't sleeping, I was thinking about how awesome I played.

I heard you ate an early bird special dinner with the blue hairs then fell asleep on the bus by 5:30pm. It's ok no judgement here :ban: :taunt:

Lets keep quoting this pic to keep it alive in the thread haha

That's me on a daily basis. :cheesy: But in my defense, I wake up at 5AM every day.

Now onto the hard questions: Who did everyone get to play with, what was the match, who ended up winning, and what was the prize?

I played with Johnny Rodriguez, Tyler Shean, and Robert Julian (Senior VP and CFO). Because of the odd number of GolfWRX guys, I was the only one who played with all Callaway guys. The rest of the groups were 2 & 2.

The match was Net 2 Best Balls.

Our team was victorious at -13. I won a year or lifetime supply of Callaway golf balls, depending who you asked in my group and the number of drinks they had.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5