Skytrak

Z4Par

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you stream the content to a TV or projector through an AppleTV?

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

I purchased mine from playbetter.com as they have a 60 day test drive. I absolutely loved mine, it was very accurate. The only reason I sent it back was the hassle of setting up my net and having to take it back down since it was right in the middle of my driveway (only flat place I had). If I had a dedicated practice area I would still have it. Worked great with my iPad as well as my laptop.

A guy has a really nice write up on the Skytrack somewhere on here, find it and check it out.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

I have had one for about 6 months. I was apprehensive just like you because of the frustration of the early adopters.

I can tell you owning a skytrak has been a pleasure. I have used trackman, Gc2 and flightscope extensively and skytrak is almost identical in numbers. Easy to set up and use. I would recommend wholeheartedly.

I have had one for about 6 months. I was apprehensive just like you because of the frustration of the early adopters.

I can tell you owning a skytrak has been a pleasure. I have used trackman, Gc2 and flightscope extensively and skytrak is almost identical in numbers. Easy to set up and use. I would recommend wholeheartedly.

About as close as a guy is going to get to "real golf" in other words?

I've had my SkyTrak for over a year, and it's great! There were lots of start-up problems with ST software issues, but things are much better now. The ST is basically a launch monitor that measures ball data (ball speed, spin, launch angle) and calculates distance and ball flight based on those measurements. It does not directly measure club head speed or face angle. IMO, the ST is the best value currently available for measuring ball data at home. Although the GC2 is considered to be slightly more accurate than the ST, it costs well over $6K new with only limited software. A used GC2 can be an excellent value if it is in good condition, but it is difficult to find one for less than $3K. I previously used a P3ProSwing system that measured club data but not ball data, and the ST is a substantial improvement in accuracy of ball flight and in ease of use. With the ST, I can compare launch and spin data on different drivers and golf balls in addition to practicing swing changes that improve distance and accuracy.

There are also software packages to allow use of the ST as a full-fledged simulator. I think the best options are currently Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) or The Golf Club (TGC). I prefer JNPG, but others like TCC better - and some players use both. The JNPG and TGC software are actually video games that can be played with a mouse or controller if you want to try out the game software first before you invest in the sim connections through SkyGolf. Although the sim connections for ST are a lot cheaper than traditional sim software for commercial use, they are still more expensive than just buying a video game. SkyGolf requires you to buy an annual subscription to use ST with either JNPG or TGC; in addition, there is an annual subscription required for JNPG or an outright purchase is required to own the TGC software. Check out the SkyGolf website for prices and details on the use of JNPG or TGC with ST. This weekend, I used JNPG to play Pacific Dunes (a Tom Doak course at Bandon Dunes) and Shoreacres (a classic Seth Raynor design north of Chicago) while the snow was falling outside my basement windows.

For my basement sim, I was able to use my old P3ProSwing impact screen and mat with the ST, and I use a HD projector mounted on a 10-foot high ceiling. This set-up allows me to hit real golf balls into a screen that displays the golf course or practice range I'm using. When I first got my ST, I used it with an iPad to display the ST range and connect with SkyGolf for subscription verification and practice session history, but I switched to using a PC for the ST after I started using JNPG.

When I bought my ST last year, there was no PC software for ST operation and no access to PC-based sims like JNPG or TGC. In the early months of ownership, I would have hesitated to recommend ST to anyone looking for a polished launch monitor with sim capabilities. As ST has worked to overcome its growing pains, though, it has become much more stable and an even better value. If you are willing to make the investment in the ST hardware and the mat/screen/projector that make this unit really come alive, you will be opening yourself up to wonderful opportunities for game improvement and great fun!

Nope, I usually place the tee about an inch behind the laser. You can honestly put it right on it without to much worry. My driver readings are within 10 yards of a gc2 when on the dot. Brought the average reading down to within 5 yards of the gc2 by placing it an inch behind.

Best advice I can give anyone with a SkyTrak or looking to buy one. Get a good hitting mat!

Nope, I usually place the tee about an inch behind the laser. You can honestly put it right on it without to much worry. My driver readings are within 10 yards of a gc2 when on the dot. Brought the average reading down to within 5 yards of the gc2 by placing it an inch behind.

Best advice I can give anyone with a SkyTrak or looking to buy one. Get a good hitting mat!

Thanks, already have a good matt.

I have had my SkyTrak for a year now, and just like a lot of the previous posters stated, there were some hiccups early, but we took the brunt of those and everything is great now. There are times when I really wish I had club data to get face/path, but you can deduce those generally from the data and ball flight ST provides. Absolutely would buy again.

I've had my Skytrak a few months now and I'm hooked. Very accurate and dependable once you get use to it. The wgt software is just ok that comes with it. I have both WGT and JNPG software and I'm torn between the two. Each has things I like and things I don't.

I have both WGT and JNPG, but I haven't played WGT much since I got JNPG. The WGT angles and perspective seem "off" too often, which makes WGT less realistic and immersive than JNPG. When it comes time to renew subscriptions, I will not renew WGT.

I've had my Skytrak a few months now and I'm hooked. Very accurate and dependable once you get use to it. The wgt software is just ok that comes with it. I have both WGT and JNPG software and I'm torn between the two. Each has things I like and things I don't.

Question, is it worth getting the $99 package just to get greens to hit? It'd be nice to have a target is my only thought.

Thanks for the replies all! My Skytrak will be here Wednesday. Working hard early this week so I have the chance to break it in before the weekend! I didn't order any of the subscriptions with it because I wanted to test out the bare bones range before committing to another $100-$200. Is it worth upgrading to the $100 package so a guy has a target to shoot for at least? Thoughts appreciated!

I've seen the commercials and was wondering how well these are for fitting and cost?

Ping G430 10K 10.5 GD Tour AD DI 6 X Stiff 
Ping G430 SFT 3 Wood Tour AD DI 7 Stiff

Ping G430 SFT 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Black 75 Stiff
Ping G430 5-PW,45,50,54,58 Steelfiber 110 CW Stiff
36” Ping 2021 Harwood SuperStroke XL Tour 2.0+Plus 

Wilson Staff Tour Model X

What are you guys using for hitting mats? Below is what I have (was $150-170 mat a couple years ago). I purchased it off EBay with the Optishot cut out (I received the Optishot as a gift). Any idea if this will be decent of enough quality to hit off of at first?

26a4e98e82817617617b4e2d874f3d0f.jpg

b814e4f00d86094514032a358023eab4.jpg

I can't tell how firm your mat is, but I would recommend hitting off a mat that is soft on your joints and can hold a tee. I have a firm mat to stand on with a cut-out for a P3ProSwing unit I no longer use, but I got a strip of Country Club Elite mat material (not a full mat) and trimmed it to size to fit in the cut-out in my old mat. This set-up is working well for me.

I've been piecing together an OptiShot sim in the garage of the last month or so and should have it complete within the next week or two (need to find time to mount the baffle net and screen). I understand the severe limitations of it, but it's more of a proof-of-concept and a little eye-candy instead of hitting blindly into a net. If I get out and use it over the short winter we have down here, I really might upgrade to an ST around this time next year.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]