Skytrak

Z4Par

I got tired of waiting for my monster turf to flatten out so I'm just hitting raw off the polished concrete in my garage :)

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I'm going to test the Callaway GBB epic drivers! I'm going to take my Skytrak with me and if we get a chance I'm going to hit the Skytrak in the same environment as the monitor at GT. They use a gc2.

I won't do a simultaneous test as they will interfere with each other so the best I can do is hit a few with the Gc2 removed and ST in place.

I never would have thought there would be a day I'd consider giving up my 915D4. Im definitely intrigued by the Epic SZ.

Stay tuned folks!

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Tomorrow I'm going to test the Callaway GBB epic drivers! I'm going to take my Skytrak with me and if we get a chance I'm going to hit the Skytrak in the same environment as the monitor at GT. They use a gc2.

I won't do a simultaneous test as they will interfere with each other so the best I can do is hit a few with the Gc2 removed and ST in place.

I never would have thought there would be a day I'd consider giving up my 915D4. Im definitely intrigued by the Epic SZ.

Stay tuned folks!

Great ideas - both on testing the Epic drivers and on testing your ST against the GC2. You might want to be sure the GC2 isn't "boosted" in how it's set-up since i I've heard it does have that type of option while the ST doesn't.

I'm very serious about getting an Epic driver if the numbers work out. I'm a short-hitting senior so I'm sure the shafts I'm considering are a lot lighter and softer than what you're looking for. I'm expecting to need the regular GBB Epic rather than the SZ, but I could be surprised.

I've really enjoyed using the ST to test clubs and shafts at home when I've been able to check out clubs for a few days from my local golf shop. I may not have that option with the Epic drivers any time soon since they're a hot item right now and no places locally have their demo packages in store as yet.

Let us know how the Epic tests turn out for you.

Ok. Had a chance to get to GT today and hit the Epic and Epic SZ. It was a really informative day about me, Skytrak, Gc2 and even Trackman! The Callaway rep had his Trackman with him so we were able to run tests sumulataneously between Gc2 and Trackman, however not against the ST. I first got there and had time to fiddle around so I warmed up with my PW before hitting any drivers. After hitting the PW, we then moved into hitting drivers only using the Gc2, then the Gc2 and Trackman. Unfortunately I was only able to compare ST against the Gc2 data for my PW shots only. I'll summarize the best I can in point form below. The outcomes were surprising.

- ST And Gc2 data were NEARLY IDENTICAL for my pw. It was freaky. 132 average carry. I think the indoor swing thing is real guys!

- Trackman consistently had 2-4 more mph ball speed with any driver I hit today

- the Epic SZ is lower spin and gave me better numbers over the regular Epic. My spin numbers, including my 915D4, were all ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH!! I hit 4500 with the regular Epic, 4000 with the SZ and 3900 with he D4!!! nuts!!' (I've you've read my trackman thread on my 915D4 you'll see I AVERAGED just over 2k rpm this past summer. Shocking isn't it?!! So we dug deeper.

- My spin loft was 13.7 - 15* with a positive attack angle of .07 to +2. That means my dynamic loft was in excess of 15* both with an 8* SZ and my 8.5D4!!! Insane!!! This tells me only one thing. I'm flipping at impact. I have to be. The confounds of hitting inside have me convinced now that it alters my swing. I can't really explain it otherwise. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

- The SZ was a few yards longer than my D4 on average.

I only had 30 minutes today so it was hard to do all the things I wanted to do. I feel I got enough data to conclude that the skytrak and Gc2 aren't as accurate as a Trackman. I also learnt that I was hitting the ball poorly indoors and adding tremendous amounts of loft at impact this giving me high spin numbers (I intent to look into my theory about flipping at impact further). Im betting I'm flipping my wedges to creating the lower carry numbers I've been seeing so far which would actually make sense.

The SZ is nice. Dislike the looks but feels and sounds much better than my D4. I'll be testing this one more time at an outdoor fitting before I pull the trigger

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Ok. Had a chance to get to GT today and hit the Epic and Epic SZ. It was a really informative day about me, Skytrak, Gc2 and even Trackman! The Callaway rep had his Trackman with him so we were able to run tests sumulataneously between Gc2 and Trackman, however not against the ST. I first got there and had time to fiddle around so I warmed up with my PW before hitting any drivers. After hitting the PW, we then moved into hitting drivers only using the Gc2, then the Gc2 and Trackman. Unfortunately I was only able to compare ST against the Gc2 data for my PW shots only. I'll summarize the best I can in point form below. The outcomes were surprising.

- ST And Gc2 data were NEARLY IDENTICAL for my pw. It was freaky. 132 average carry. I think the indoor swing thing is real guys!

- Trackman consistently had 2-4 more mph ball speed with any driver I hit today

- the Epic SZ is lower spin and gave me better numbers over the regular Epic. My spin numbers, including my 915D4, were all ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH!! I hit 4500 with the regular Epic, 4000 with the SZ and 3900 with he D4!!! nuts!!' (I've you've read my trackman thread on my 915D4 you'll see I AVERAGED just over 2k rpm this past summer. Shocking isn't it?!! So we dug deeper.

- My spin loft was 13.7 - 15* with a positive attack angle of .07 to +2. That means my dynamic loft was in excess of 15* both with an 8* SZ and my 8.5D4!!! Insane!!! This tells me only one thing. I'm flipping at impact. I have to be. The confounds of hitting inside have me convinced now that it alters my swing. I can't really explain it otherwise. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

- The SZ was a few yards longer than my D4 on average.

I only had 30 minutes today so it was hard to do all the things I wanted to do. I feel I got enough data to conclude that the skytrak and Gc2 aren't as accurate as a Trackman. I also learnt that I was hitting the ball poorly indoors and adding tremendous amounts of loft at impact this giving me high spin numbers (I intent to look into my theory about flipping at impact further). Im betting I'm flipping my wedges to creating the lower carry numbers I've been seeing so far which would actually make sense.

The SZ is nice. Dislike the looks but feels and sounds much better than my D4. I'll be testing this one more time at an outdoor fitting before I pull the trigger

Why do you think Trackman is more accurate than GC2 "indoors"?

I ask because I got a driver fitting done on Trackman this summer. It consistently showed a smash factor of 1.5 on all the drivers I hit. I think Trackman under reads club head speed. These Doppler machines are meant to be accurate outdoors. So I don't know how off some of the numbers could on Trackman indoors

Here is my prior post with a screenshot of all the stats from Trackman.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1359908-question-on-a-recent-driver-fitting/page__p__13887830#entry13887830

Some outdoor on the driving range testing today. No one was there so I had the luxury to hit 3 drives and use my new Bushnell Neo Ghost "shot" button to measure off my drives. I walked out to the 3 balls and calculated distances with the Neo as folllows:

8 mph wind behind my back but wouldn't make much difference since it's pretty cool at 50 degrees.

2 of them finished at exactly 248 yards (swung hard and didn't make good contact on both).

The 3rd I hit 277 (hit it better, didn't swing as hard, just made better contact, still not a fantastic drive as far as feel and ball flight, distance was great)

It has to be something about swinging indoors. My longest drive on Skytrak is 258. Skytrak measures all the rest of my drives for the most part at 230-235 yards. I don't think one can say it's a coincide that all 3 of my drives were just better today than all of my normal drives I've had on Skytrak. I've narrowed it down to two things:

1. Skytrak is off 15-20 yards on all clubs.

2. I simply swing not near as free indoors (even though I feel like I am). I feel like if I was to put the same 277 yard "easy swing" I put on it outdoors today Skytrak would measure me 240 at best.

Take it for what it's worth gentleman. Like I've said, I for one do not get good readings on any launch monitor. I guess the next test would be to try Skytrak on the outdoor range and measure with the "shot" function on my Neo to verify Skytraks total yards. Will keep posting.

Looks like between a larger than average tax return and bonus I may be in the market to replace my OptiShot with a SkyTrak. Any leads on sources for used or refurbished units at a discount enough to justify not buying new?

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Looks like between a larger than average tax return and bonus I may be in the market to replace my OptiShot with a SkyTrak. Any leads on sources for used or refurbished units at a discount enough to justify not buying new?

I have had zero luck with this and I have been looking for a few months now. I check out the simulator site also out of Canada, but no luck there eithe

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

$1500 is about where I'd like to be, even with just the practice package... that one has a sale pending, but I probably won't be ready to pull the trigger for another month or two. I have a couple of home renovation projects I have to make sure come in at/around/under budget first, and then I'll hopefully still have the extra to put towards the SkyTrak.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Has been talk since Skytrack launched, about integration of the SkyPro swing analyser data, to provide more accurate information, more accurate club head speed for example, which would help with smash calculation and AoA which would help in driver fitting.

Seems like a long time w no release though =(

I've still been blasting balls in my garage with the Skytrak. I use it at least 3 times a week for an hour or more. My swing is getting consistent and I'm confinement I could play a really solid round of golf right now. That being said, I'm still going to suggest that the ST is short in yardage with my 58,54,50 PW. 9 and 8 irons get really close to the numbers I'd play on the course and then from 7 iron to 3 iron I'd say it's bang on. 3 wood is low in my opinion as is driver, driver being the greater of the two.

Summary:

58,54,50, PW - short 5-10 yards carry

9,8 - short 2-5 yards carry

7,6,5,4,3 - absolutely the same carry yardages I would game

19* hybrid - short 2-5 yards carry

15* 3 wood - short 3-7 yards carry

Driver - IMO, consistently short on ball speed therefore carry is low. 5-10 yard shortage in carry.

With the above numbers I'm going off extensive Trackman data and I do not look at total yardage when using Skytrak. Carry is king. Driver I'll look at all the data im working hard on hitting up so I'll pay attention more to launch angle and spin in comparison to any other shots. I set a new record last night with a drive of 318yards. Ball speed was 169 and if my theory is right that was likely be 171+ which is very close to what I see outdoor with trackman using my 44" driver shaft.

As mentioned before, ball flight and shot shape are incredible accurate in my opinion with Skytrak.

On an unrelated note, I've been using the same ProV1x ball since day 1 with the Skytrak. In fact, I've been hitting this ball for weeks before my unit arrived. I would not be surprised if I've hit 2000 shots with this one ball. So assuming the Skytrak is accurate to itself, this poor ProV1x is still showing the same ball data I was seeing from day one in terms of shots that are good for good. Just tonight I was hitting some 58* shots and I was still seeing spin in the 10,500 -11,000 range. To say the least I'm pretty impressed with the durability of this ball. The cover looks horrible and you can't even tell it's a Titleist anymore yet it keeps on delivering. I've tested the abused ball back-to-back with a brand new contender and the numbers jive. Interesting information that I thought I'd share. At this point I'm going to hit this ball until it's completely destroyed. I want to see what the outcome will be!! Haha

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

@Saskwatch: in my experience the Skytrak numbers match up well to GC2 and TM in the mid irons especially. Undoubtedly due to the smaller/more limited camera window in the ST, it has a bit more trouble reading high launch or high speed/low launch shots which do not use the 'full' diagonal but exit the window early. Setting the tee (for drivers) or varying ball position for wedges in relation to the laser mark can make a noticable difference. Also: using a ball with adequate markings to facilitate/improve spin readings is a must, especially on wedges. I'll make sure to test the 3 more thoroughly with the long/short clubs once my swing is again consistent enough to get truly comparable readings.

I've had my skytrak for over 2 weeks now and have used it almost every day. I actually find it quite accurate for me, almost scarily accurate. I can start with my 58 degree wedge and work my way up my bag and the yardages are spot on. My wife actually came out to the shop the other night and watched me hit and we had a little fun, I told her to pick a club for me to hit and then I told her what distance I would normally hit on the course. I then proceeded to hit each club and they were within yards every time of what I see on the course. I will agree that hitting indoors does make a difference. I have to just block out all the thoughts in my head that I'm going to hit the ceiling or roof.

Returned my Skytrak. I have finally concluded that Skytrak can be a fairly accurate tool given one has no issues swinging indoors. The distances I obtained from indoors to outside were too great to consider that Skytrak was helping my game. Best of luck to all users!

This seems silly to me. if it is consistently the same yardage off every time then it is absolutely valuable in helping your game. you can see if you are striking the ball better if your carry increases over time. you can see an accurate shot shape indoors. a yardage number is just a number. if outdoors you're always 5 yards further than your skytrak, just do that mental calculation. or if you're sure that the skytrak is off by the same amount every time, bump up the elevation setting until your carry is what you expect.

i for one will not be giving up my skytrak. even if the yardages are slightly off, the ball flight is most important

Returned my Skytrak. I have finally concluded that Skytrak can be a fairly accurate tool given one has no issues swinging indoors. The distances I obtained from indoors to outside were too great to consider that Skytrak was helping my game. Best of luck to all users!

This seems silly to me. if it is consistently the same yardage off every time then it is absolutely valuable in helping your game. you can see if you are striking the ball better if your carry increases over time. you can see an accurate shot shape indoors. a yardage number is just a number. if outdoors you're always 5 yards further than your skytrak, just do that mental calculation. or if you're sure that the skytrak is off by the same amount every time, bump up the elevation setting until your carry is what you expect.

i for one will not be giving up my skytrak. even if the yardages are slightly off, the ball flight is most important

What is "silly" is when I go to the range the next day after using Skytrak and my driver goes any where from 10-50 yards farther than my drives on Skytrak. Keep in mind this is also on a 40 degree day (snow on the ground and its cold out here in South Dakota) and I swung with loads less effort than trying to get a ball to carry on Skytrak. I can simply hit balls into a net to stay loose and get the same results come spring at this point.

Like I said, I'm sure Skytrak is great for one that has figured out their swing indoors. However the results are drastically different for me (any where from 10-50 yards with driver). Don't necessarily know how or why. Whether I am slightly letting off of my swing or what the case may be (I don't feel like I am but that's hard to say). I do know that I can go out on a 30 degree day in South Dakota and get 20 yards farther on my driver than Skytrak calculates with an effortless swing. This has been proven by walking off shots on an outdoor range. If I do this same effortless swing on Skytrak I get a driving distance of 225-235 yards (best drive on Skytrak went 258 yards and I can't say it was even struck as good as half my drives on Skytrak). My bad drives I hit outdoors at 40 degrees (2) of them went 248 each and the one I still didn't hit the best but was more solid struck finished 277.

You say to just fudge the elevation settings and/or figure a percentage that the unit is off. In all honesty I would rather go outside when it's 30 degrees and sunny and know exactly what my ball is doing. I'm not in desperate need (nor have the time) to hit it weekly in the off season and can find a day once or twice a month to see EXACTLY what my ball is doing.

Not to take anything away from Skytrak. Per my prior posts I for one have never had good numbers swinging indoors or on an indoor monitor. There are guys that do get good numbers and hats off to them. I just can't justify a price tag of near $2,000.00 for results that don't give me the confidence vs. swinging outdoors.

Enjoy your unit and best of luck!

i still don't get it. i would understand your line of thinking if it is off by 15 yards one hit, dead on the next. but if it's consistently the same distance off then you still KNOW how far you're hitting it regardless of the number on the screen. the reason i got mine was that i could feel like i'm puring the ball into the net and i have no idea what the spin is doing left or right. if you don't have that problem because every one of your shots is straight and you don't want to work a fade or a draw into your game, then maybe the ST isn't valuable to you.

in the end, your money your choice. if you don't feel it's worth it then absolutely you did the right thing. i just have a hard time understanding that reasoning is all. sorry if i come off like a jerk. not intended. enjoy your extra money =D wish i could have the skytrak AND the cash

i still don't get it. i would understand your line of thinking if it is off by 15 yards one hit, dead on the next. but if it's consistently the same distance off then you still KNOW how far you're hitting it regardless of the number on the screen. the reason i got mine was that i could feel like i'm puring the ball into the net and i have no idea what the spin is doing left or right. if you don't have that problem because every one of your shots is straight and you don't want to work a fade or a draw into your game, then maybe the ST isn't valuable to you.

in the end, your money your choice. if you don't feel it's worth it then absolutely you did the right thing. i just have a hard time understanding that reasoning is all. sorry if i come off like a jerk. not intended. enjoy your extra money =D wish i could have the skytrak AND the cash

So you would be okay if your Skytrak consistently measured your driving distance between 225 and 235 yards? Even though with real testing you hit the ball 245-275 consistently in real life? On the low side this is 20 yards and high side 50 yards that Skytrak is not calculating. Not to mention the other figures (launch, spin, etc) it is clearly missing with that much total yardage variance.

Here is what I know. Skytrak measures me at 230 total yards with the driver (pretty well consistently). Yet in real life I can hit my driver ANY WHERE between 245 yards and 275 yards (in other words 20-45 yards father and not near consistent with Skytraks "consistent" number of 230). So I love to hit driver and you think I should be satisfied with the 230 yard driving distance Skytrak spits out? You say Yes as long as Skytrak is at least showing you your ball flight accurately. Skytrak is not correctly matching my launch that I've been hitting in real life. Skytrak shows that the ball takes off low and a very consistent 5 yard draw. Real life I hit a pretty dang straight ball (that's what I go for any way) so Skytrak is favoring me a 5 yard draw, not completely off right? So okay, I know my shot shape and launch changes greatly from a 230 yard drive to a 250-275 yard drive. I know in real life my 250-275 drives can go straight, cut or draw. These can vary 1-30 yards either side or straight. Skytrak has me consistently at 225-235 hitting a 5 yard draw. In other words; Skytrak is not accurate to what I am doing in real life with launch, direction and total distance. I purchased Skytrak to get accurate distances for my clubs at least within 8 yards of each club give or take. Skytrak is not doing this for me.

It's probably hard for you to understand my large varying distances since Skytrak is working well for you and others. On the same token it is also hard for me to understand why the unit is working so well for you when testing for me has shown that it's varying greatly; tried and true testing shots and Skytrak doesn't show these same results. Once again, I've never had good numbers on an indoor simulator so this experience has not put me into complete shock. Your swing might not be affected indoors or you have a better swing that produces a ball that Skytrak "likes" the figures.

I love to hit driver (if I'm hitting driver well I'm hitting fairways which is getting me shots at the greens rather than chopping out from the trees) and I can do this a couple times a month outdoors in the winter. I would get to use my Skytrak realistically twice a month and if I really wanted to give a simulator another chance there is a GC2 at a muni that I can pay to play within a few blocks of my house. However this experience has added to my list of why I like to hit real golf shots outdoors. My opinion, my swing and my results and that is all I can speak for. If Skytrak was matching the shots I hit outdoors I'd keep Skytrak in a heartbeat. Wish that was the case but I'll manage.

Glad Skytrak works for you and others. Enjoy it.

Well now you've introduced new info that better explains your feeling on it. Before, in every post all you've said is that it measures shorter. never mentioned that it consistently measures a draw no matter what. so now it makes more sense.

i also work more on my irons than driver, as my garage door opener track is kind of a nuisance to how i have my set up installed.

cheers man.

I find with SkyTrak in my garage that my wedges and irons are spot on. My strong hybrid and driver always seem to show a little light (15 yards under my distance but I do feel like I was subconsciously not swinging as hard indoors as I only have 8.5' celiings in my garage. I have taken my skytrak to the driving range twice and once I'm on a driving range (mats of course with the skytrak) my numbers are instantly spot on for the driver and hybrid showing my normal 255-270 carry and averaging 280-290 on skytrak.. I know my distances very well between game golf and practice on the range. After hitting over 200 balls on the range with watching real flight and skytrak, It's very very accurate. Out of the 200 balls I've watched, I've seen about 4 balls that I would say were not accurate meaning an unusual boost in distance (I hit an 8 iron 200 yards on one shot) and then I recall I drew a couple of balls that showed a fade on skytrak. Literally the other 196 balls I hit were spot and showed the draw, fade or straight shot and distance I expected based on strike. I have no doubts skytrak is within 1-2% of real distances.

QI10 LS 10.5* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid- Ventus Blue HB 10x
2021 T200 4-5 TI X100

2021 T100s 6-GW TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* & 60* wedges-S400 TI
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7
Vice Pro Plus or ProV1 X

Just curious, if you supposedly had so many driver distance issues why didnt you bring the skytrak to the range with you outdoors and compare?

Just curious, if you supposedly had so many driver distance issues why didnt you bring the skytrak to the range with you outdoors and compare?

My main reason for buying Skytrak was to use it in my garage. I had no intentions to ever use it outdoors, in fact never. I get your point just to see if it was accurate outdoors vs indoors. But any launch monitor even if it was accurate for me outdoors and not indoors I would not have purchased. Wanted the ability to hit shots indoors when snow was on the ground however it was not showing the same shots I hit outdoors. If you have not purchased Skytrak I highly recommend giving it a test trial if still available. My reasonings for returning Skytrak are some what personal said in other posts (I think it purely has to do with my swing indoors, on top of that my gut thinks Skytrak is 10-20% short with the driver) and Skytrak might work great for you if it's not performing for you already. Hope all is well!

My main reason for buying Skytrak was to use it in my garage. I had no intentions to ever use it outdoors, in fact never. I get your point just to see if it was accurate outdoors vs indoors. But any launch monitor even if it was accurate for me outdoors and not indoors I would not have purchased. Wanted the ability to hit shots indoors when snow was on the ground however it was not showing the same shots I hit outdoors. If you have not purchased Skytrak I highly recommend giving it a test trial if still available. My reasonings for returning Skytrak are some what personal said in other posts (I think it purely has to do with my swing indoors, on top of that my gut thinks Skytrak is 10-20% short with the driver) and Skytrak might work great for you if it's not performing for you already. Hope all is well!

Fair enough :-) I do have a skytrak and have limited space but I can understand where you're coming from with the indoors swing vs outdoors. I had to really take time to use the space wisely so I felt comfortable "letting go" with a driver swing and bringing my outdoor swing to the indoors. There's another thread with a new flightscope product coming out which you may find more interesting and useful. Basically seems like the ES14 on steroids hopefully for around 500$. If you haven't read the thread, definitely give it a look

Some outdoor on the driving range testing today. No one was there so I had the luxury to hit 3 drives and use my new Bushnell Neo Ghost "shot" button to measure off my drives. I walked out to the 3 balls and calculated distances with the Neo as folllows:

8 mph wind behind my back but wouldn't make much difference since it's pretty cool at 50 degrees.

2 of them finished at exactly 248 yards (swung hard and didn't make good contact on both).

The 3rd I hit 277 (hit it better, didn't swing as hard, just made better contact, still not a fantastic drive as far as feel and ball flight, distance was great)

It has to be something about swinging indoors. My longest drive on Skytrak is 258. Skytrak measures all the rest of my drives for the most part at 230-235 yards. I don't think one can say it's a coincide that all 3 of my drives were just better today than all of my normal drives I've had on Skytrak. I've narrowed it down to two things:

2. I simply swing not near as free indoors (even though I feel like I am). I feel like if I was to put the same 277 yard "easy swing" I put on it outdoors today Skytrak would measure me 240 at best.

Take it for what it's worth gentleman. Like I've said, I for one do not get good readings on any launch monitor. I guess the next test would be to try Skytrak on the outdoor range and measure with the "shot" function on my Neo to verify Skytraks total yards. Will keep posting.

Did you ever take the skytrak to range to compare skytrak results with actual shots? I've taken mine to the range and used my Bushnell TourX to get readings to flags...I can tell you the skytrak carry distance was SPOT on.

Did you ever take the skytrak to range to compare skytrak results with actual shots? I've taken mine to the range and used my Bushnell TourX to get readings to flags...I can tell you the skytrak carry distance was SPOT on.

I never did take Skytrak outdoors and never intended to use it outside ever. Sole purpose of Skytrak was for me to use it indoors when snow was on the ground. It's possible that Skytrak could be accurate within 10 or so yards outside. I've concluded that even though it didn't feel like it my swing had to be a hair different indoors. But something still tells me that Skytrak itself was off 10-20 yards on top of the loss of distance due to a ''different'' swing indoors. It also depends so much on Player A vs Player B's swings. If you put a ton of spin on the ball due to a different swing (which I have/do) launch monitors in general are going to give you no credit. The closest I've came to getting accurate with a launch monitor is Trackman and the rep said that I could expect a 10% loss in distance vs. being outdoors. It was roughly a 20% loss of distance that Trackman was calculating but that's as close as I've got to ''good'' numbers.