2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Inside and outside the ropes

Aimnhit

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be advisable to try and keep AH and the Bowditch situation separate. Do we really NEED to know who he is? He's a Tour pro of some level and that's good enough for me.

If we keep trying to connect the two, and, even if we're wrong, will lead to AH distancing himself from this connection and thread.. If we're right and it is him, well he'll distance himself from this thread too. Can we keep talk of Bowditch in the DUI thread?

It might already be too late.

I have no problem in keeping them separate however this previous post sorta threw me(not really, lol) and I'm just curious if the "SB" was a mistake/typo(I don't believe this for a second, lol) or a coy tease. It is either Steve or a troll, pick one.

Regardless, my thoughts on Steve and this matter are well documented in his thread.

To SB I send thoughts and Prayers

Advice??

Got nothing here as he'll be getting enough of that from millions of others who know exactly what to do in his situation ;)

Stay Well BroMeisters, enjoy the game tonight and have a great week??

Fairways Greens ️ & Falcons ?4ever

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Here's my take on it. He has made a terrible decision and deserves all the public criticism and humiliation that is thrown at him. He will lose sponsors both now and in the future. I know for a fact he is very very thankful that no one was hurt with his idiotic decision. He will be spending mandatory jail time, which at this stage is looking like 45days, in turn will more then likely cost him his job. He deserves everything he has coming to him. Putting family's in danger is completely and utterly reckless. A lot of people are saying he is a alcoholic. I don't believe so nor does his peers. But everyone has different opinions on definition of that matter.

Completely a dic move and he will take full responsibility, blame no one. And learn from his mistake and move forward with his life.

Do the crime Do the time

Also I believe he is on a green card. There is a big possibility that it is revoked and deported.. new baby and his wife and life is all here in the USA. Ouch, but bad luck he deserves it..

Best wishes and good golfing

AH

Here's my take on it. He has made a terrible decision and deserves all the public criticism and humiliation that is thrown at him. He will lose sponsors both now and in the future. I know for a fact he is very very thankful that no one was hurt with his idiotic decision. He will be spending mandatory jail time, which at this stage is looking like 45days, in turn will more then likely cost him his job. He deserves everything he has coming to him. Putting family's in danger is completely and utterly reckless. A lot of people are saying he is a alcoholic. I don't believe so nor does his peers. But everyone has different opinions on definition of that matter.

Completely a dic move and he will take full responsibility, blame no one. And learn from his mistake and move forward with his life.

Do the crime Do the time

Also I believe he is on a green card. There is a big possibility that it is revoked and deported.. new baby and his wife and life is all here in the USA. Ouch, but bad luck he deserves it..

AH

Very eloquently stated!!

Being as you all are independent contractors, does the Tour have any kind of quality program(s) or do they assist in any way in directing someone to such a program for any Player, be it someone in SB's situation or drugs or just clinical depression.

Have a nice week Bro?

Fairways Greens & Pins 4ever My Friend

Richard

Is Steve the notorious Jonesy that I keep hearing about?

No....?

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Do the crime Do the time

AH

:o

I am new here, so excuse me if I say too much but I feel strongly about this topic.

Great forum and great topic about SB. I read all his posts and was convinced it was in fact Bowdo. Today I read the post as if he is talking in the 3rd person, or perhaps it is not him.

Doesn't matter, but if you are reading this Bowdo, please do not automatically assume you will get jail time, or deported. I do not live in AZ, and I know they are tough on DUI's, but as a former law enforcement officer I have never heard of a 45 day active time, nor deportation for the first DUI offense. The jails are over crowded and judges and DA's are encouraged to make the guilty pay, but more importantly rehabilitate the person. You have a disease, and it is well documented. Putting you in a jail cell will not help and they know that. Will they sentence you to at least a 30 day supervised rehab facility? YES. You may have to do 200 hours of community service. They may go so far to give you provisional status with your green card depending on if you full fill your rehab and community service.

As far as the PGA Tour firing you, a good lawyer can prevent that. You are not the first PGA Tour pro who has had a DUI, even though others may not of may headlines like you. The tour has suspended players for failing drug test with illegal drugs, but no one to my knowledge has ever been banned from the tour permanently.

I am not making light of your situation. It is just as you have acknowledged, a bad mistake, bad decision, and could of ended much worse. But I admire you now more than ever. You manned up and took responsibility, admitted your mistake, apologized to everyone, etc. You didn't make up a story about a kidnapping or in any way try to place the blame somewhere else.

And for you to show up Friday, and finish your round was amazing. That told me you are a MAN....a big man who does the right thing. I have talked to many people with the tour I know and all of them feel so bad for you, but admire you for the way you handled it.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray this will be a good thing in the long run and put you on the path to a peaceful life, alcohol free.

Take care and if you are in fact Bowdo, keep us posted. We care.

Thank you all for letting me try to offer him hope......

Great post ^^^^^.

Don't let your guilt make decisions at this point. No one was hurt and that's the important part.

I got a DUI about 20 years ago and my BAC was .24. I wasn't asleep at the wheel, but I should have been.

I opened my ears and heart and listened to the addiction counselors. I listened to the victims who had been impacted by a DUI driver. I was grateful I wasn't living with having killed someone due to a bad decision. This can be the best thing that happens to you.

Alcoholic or not, it's time to take a step away. One of the first signs of alcoholism is ending up in a jail cell. Best of luck, Bowdo. A lot of us are still rooting for you.

Aimnhit

I basically agree with your comments. Bowdo also has some reported mental health issues which do not

Absolve the incident, but must be part of the process of going forward.

As a fellow tour member, would you speak to him face to face as you did on this forum?

Ranger

You are damn straight.

Mental issue is absolutely no excuse for excessive drinking nor is it a problem in the case. Just a down right bad decision and will pay the consequences. I have read a lot of differences in opinion on the alcoholism side. I can say with 100 certainty that this not an issue. If having a couple of beers maybe once a month with family and friends. And over a period of the pregnancy there was one night of a few extra.. you guys make the call. This was a once a year blowout and with that came a stupid decision that put others in danger. There is no excuse for that behavior. Deserves all the jail time, fines and public criticism.

Will face it head on.

Act like a child, Take the heat like a man.

Best wishes

The angry bird on AH shoulder

Aimnhit

I basically agree with your comments. Bowdo also has some reported mental health issues which do not

As a fellow tour member, would you speak to him face to face as you did on this forum?

Aimnhit

Absolutely......he accepts responsibility. That was first big step. Now he needs hope from friends.

I'm sooooooo mixed up?

Jesus, who is who and where'd the damn bird come from???

Great Post NextShot!!

Welcome to the board!!

All the Best,

RP

Am I the only one who finds it completely strange that the original poster Aimnhit is now talking in the 3rd person?? Post 421, all of a sudden he is talking about himself like its someone else.. What the???

How is it all of a sudden? He has never admitted to being him, so of course it would be a 3rd person.

But his most recent post, is definitely personal. No 3rd person tour player is going to be talking about him drinking during pregnancy

I am relatively new to this board by most standards. I am a golfer. Have been for my entire life.

I tended to only post the occasional snipe or intended humorous type post, because most here have more standing when it comes to swing theory, equipment expertise, or real life experiences or whatever.

I followed this thread out of curiosity and genuine interest, and like most, relished in the fact that we were privy to candor that could only come from a source that had experienced what many of us had only dreamed of.

This may be true or not when it comes to the source, (I happen to believe it true) but the end result has been a discussion that all have related to, and I am grateful that the moderators have seen as much.

What a thread.

He has never admitted to being him, so of course it would be a 3rd person.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP

Every lesson in life is a blessing. To anybody on this forum that has been through this situation or made an equally dumb decision, there is something to be learned from how Bowditch owned up to his mistake and hopefully becomes a better man from it. Nobody is perfect but if we all learn from our mistakes we can help not only ourselves but the people we interact with everyday. Just my two cents

what an interesting and yet unfortunate turn of events...

Aim, it sounds like you are in close contact with Bowdo. As someone who has some experience working with substance abuse and mental health, I can tell you the rule of thumb is that whatever amount an individual is willing to admit to, you should always assume it's at least double if not triple that amount. Also, the substance abuse is only a symptom of the root problem, a self defeating coping mechanism if you will. You should encourage Bowdo to work with someone who can help him peel back the layers and get to the root imbalance- often times it is something from childhood. Until that gets sorted out it will be difficult for him to find balance in his life, both personal and professional.

good luck and please keep posting about your journey!

cheers

every dui is not the result of alcoholism. i get that majority want to offer their inspiring or kind words of advice, but to me sounds like the guy doesn't drink all that often and gave in to the party atmosphere in phoenix and made an awful mistake. i don't know his past or mental state, but not every stupid decision is because of some underlying disease. if i'm missing something in his past that would suggest i'm wrong then so be it....but assuming this is a first time thing hope its nothing more than a learning experience.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

every dui is not the result of alcoholism. i get that majority want to offer their inspiring or kind words of advice, but to me sounds like the guy doesn't drink all that often and gave in to the party atmosphere in phoenix and made an awful mistake. i don't know his past or mental state, but not every stupid decision is because of some underlying disease. if i'm missing something in his past that would suggest i'm wrong then so be it....but assuming this is a first time thing hope its nothing more than a learning experience.

Perhaps-but as someone sober for over 30 years I believe in an old adage. You have a problem if it causes problems. Period. You are not in control if you drive drunk..

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Perhaps-but as someone sober for over 30 years I believe in an old adage. You have a problem if it causes problems. Period. You are not in control if you drive drunk..

^^^And THIS is the bottom line!!!^^^

Be it one time, three times or a hundred....

Drunks(those who drink and drive) are like thieves in that they ALWAYS say that THIS was the first time that they've ever done it-

Like thieves, no it is not....

It just happens to be the first time that they got caught-

I'm all for forgiveness, and I was on the receiving end of one of these guys however what I cannot stomach is rationalization-

One either is or they are not-

There is no friggin middle ground

There is no half steppin!!!

Great post Shilgs?

As always,

My Best?

RP