Mitsubishi OT Iron Shafts - Why No Discussion?

10 days to get them done? Wow... How does it works, anyway? Does the shop has to order everything, they do not have stocks in hand?

By the way, how much do they charge for puring? For some strange reason, I feel and believe it is just a piece of stickers. Don't mean to open another PURE vs FLO/spine debate, though... just my opinion.

I'm guessing, but I anticipate they don't hold inventory of the OT shafts, perhaps the heads as well, so it will take a few days to get them. Then the time to assemble. Ten days isn't long, I had to wait 6 weeks for mine!

Just like you I have no stomach for a puring debate. If puring is just a sticker, it can't do any harm, other than hitting my wallet a little more!

My fitter ordered the shafts at the end of October, and they were delivered on the 28th of December.... But they are worth the wait!

Wow, I didn't know OTi is that hard to get over there. Guess people should feel lucky here, OTis are always in stock. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 days to get them done? Wow... How does it works, anyway? Does the shop has to order everything, they do not have stocks in hand?

By the way, how much do they charge for puring? For some strange reason, I feel and believe it is just a piece of stickers. Don't mean to open another PURE vs FLO/spine debate, though... just my opinion.

I'm guessing, but I anticipate they don't hold inventory of the OT shafts, perhaps the heads as well, so it will take a few days to get them. Then the time to assemble. Ten days isn't long, I had to wait 6 weeks for mine!

Just like you I have no stomach for a puring debate. If puring is just a sticker, it can't do any harm, other than hitting my wallet a little more!

My fitter ordered the shafts at the end of October, and they were delivered on the 28th of December.... But they are worth the wait!

Wow, I didn't know OTi is that hard to get over there. Guess people should feel lucky here, OTis are always in stock. ;)

Yeah, this was a special order, and they were not in stock. At a certain point I wanted to cancel my order, I am really happy that I did not. These are the best shafts I have ever played.

Wow. I was really worried about these shafts the first time out. I have the 85 in regular flex with a swing speed around 80-84 with a 6 iron. I had a lot of high right fades/slices.

Next day the flight was nice high and tight. Shot a 2 over par 73. Plus I gained about 10 yards. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Wow. I was really worried about these shafts the first time out. I have the 85 in regular flex with a swing speed around 80-84 with a 6 iron. I had a lot of high right fades/slices.

Next day the flight was nice high and tight. Shot a 2 over par 73. Plus I gained about 10 yards. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that I need to 'run-in' new shafts as if the character will change after 15-20 balls.

I had the same experience during the first range session, very high ball flight, and difficult to control. I went back the next day and got used to them and was able to draw and fade the ball, high and low, and I gained about 1/2 a club. Had multiple sessions since and am really impressed. The performance is incredible, they feel great, the elbow pain almost disappeared, and they look cool. Really happy with my purchase so far. Next week-end will be the first time I will try them on the course, hopefully they perform the same way.

I have the mizuno jpx forged 7-gw and hot metal 5/6. They feel great and hopefully performance keeps getting better.

I see that you use them also in your wedges. How do they perform, and which weight / flex did you go with? I like the feel of these shafts so much that I may install them in my wedges, too, but fear that they will be a bit too light. Thanks.

I have the mizuno jpx forged 7-gw and hot metal 5/6. They feel great and hopefully performance keeps getting better.

I see that you use them also in your wedges. How do they perform, and which weight / flex did you go with? I like the feel of these shafts so much that I may install them in my wedges, too, but fear that they will be a bit too light. Thanks.

My fitter likes to keep the same weight shaft in all the clubs so I have the 85s in all of them. I had the best chipping game in a long time. I almost chipped 2 in, one would have been for eagle. Then chipped another in from the fringe for a birdie. Don't know if it's the shafts, the balance, the muira k grind or just he whole package.

I'd say go for it.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I know this is very much a personal preference but I went with the 95 gram in my GW, initially it felt a little stronger than the 85 in the PW but I am happy with the combination. I have DG Wedge flex in my 54 and 58.

The OT is available in 105 gram in stiff flex and I believe 115 is being added as well.

I know this is very much a personal preference but I went with the 95 gram in my GW, initially it felt a little stronger than the 85 in the PW but I am happy with the combination. I have DG Wedge flex in my 54 and 58.

The OT is available in 105 gram in stiff flex and I believe 115 is being added as well.

What about regular flex?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

What about regular flex?

105 only comes in Stiff and X, 95 does have Regular flex...

Wonder if going from 85 to 95 is worth it?

My 55* flew pretty high into the wind but didn't seem to balloon. Can't wait to get out in the range and hit these some more.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Wow, I completely forgot I started this thread...thought I'd update with my findings.

I picked up my Srixon Z U65 with an OT 105 - god I love it. I play s300s in my irons, and the 105 x flex is a perfect compliment. I can go easy or really lean on it. As you can probably tell from my bag, I don't change clubs that often, and this one is no exception!

TaylorMade M5 | Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70
Callaway XR 3Deep | UST Chrome TourSPX 8
Titleist TS3 19 | Project X Even Flow White 100
PING i210 4-U | TT DG 120 S300
Vokey SM8 54.12D, 60.12D | TT DG S300
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350g

Just found the new model ot i115 prototype on eBay for my t-mb 2. Can't wait!

2017 Tour issue M2 9.5 Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
2016 Tour issue M2 15 Tensei Pro Blue 80 TX
Titelst T-MB 2 Tour Issue AMT X100
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 X
48 SM6 Tour KBS C Taper 130 X
54,60 SM6 w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2 Button Back

Just found the new model ot i115 prototype on eBay for my t-mb 2. Can't wait!

Any chance you can post pics when you get them? These would be perfect IMO.

will do its on its way today!

2017 Tour issue M2 9.5 Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
2016 Tour issue M2 15 Tensei Pro Blue 80 TX
Titelst T-MB 2 Tour Issue AMT X100
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 X
48 SM6 Tour KBS C Taper 130 X
54,60 SM6 w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2 Button Back

For you guys that have hit these, would you call them high launching?

I'm thinking about picking up one on ebay just to test.

With my "standard" swing the launch is definitively higher compared to the C-Tapers I played previously, but not ballooning. And I have no problems to hit a low ball whenever needed. With the CTs I only had one trajectory, whereas these shafts allow me to work the ball, which is new new for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

.355 tip and constant weighting is another reason that I am waiting for the OT Tour 100 Stiff shafts to be released.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 70S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 23° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 80 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft X