Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Awesome! I'm going to try to swing by today after work if I can get out early enough.

to check it out or try to get fit?

by the way, playing buffalo run on sunday. should be interesting - haven't swung the clubs in a long time...

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the store and ask some questions. It's pretty close to my house so it's not a big detour for me to hit it on my way home.

I'm going to try to hit up the driving range on Sunday. Then Top Golf league starts on Monday. I'm pretty excited about that.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Checked out Club Champion this afternoon. Nice shop with what appears to be very knowledgeable sales people, at least the guy that I dealt with was (Mitch). I assume they are all great.

They carry a ton of club heads. There was only one new driver head, the M1, he said they were waiting on, but should be getting it in the next day or two (they had the Epic line). Ton of iron heads, including PXG, Epon, and Maura, on top of the other major brands. And a ton of shafts - full line of most of the major brands, aside from the standard s300.

They send out their work for club building to Chicago for consistent and accurate work and true up their shafts for consistent install. They said the builders are all engineers and some of the best out there, but who knows - it was a good sell lol.

They use a trackman launch monitor and you hit into a screen so you get a semblance of ball flight. They also have a SAM putting system for putter fitting to help determine, loft, lie, style of head, toe hang, weight, grip, etc.

They'll obviously get a baseline with your old clubs and try to beat it. If they can't, they're not going to sell you something you don't need. They'll also split your appt for a full bag fitting into 2 sessions, since you'll be hitting a ton of balls.

All in all, seems like a great shop. I ended up scheduling a fitting appointment for a full bag fitting for February 17 for irons, wedges, and putter. I'll schedule my driver and woods a bit later - I'm super excited.

Again, they're running a promo for 50pct off which comes to $175 if you get for by march 31.

Edel E-1

Just to rub it in a little, the Loveland area is completely melted. :D

Heck, even here in Greeley we are opening the links course on Saturday I think, and we are usually the last place to melt. I was thinking about a fitting with CC too, but I am just awful at hitting indoors/into nets so it'd probably be counterintuitive. Would be interested in hearing what anyone who goes thinks!

Where do you play in Greeley Andrew? Is that Boomerang Links?

Correct! Boomerang is my and my brother's "home club" this year as the now head pro was a former assistant pro at the other course in town (Highland Hills). He's the nicest, greatest guy and super knowledgeable, so we had to "move" across town with him! :-) My brother has a playing pass that works for both courses, though, so we'll end up over at both.

Anyway, Boomerang just posted on their Facebook page that 9 holes starting tomorrow morning will be open for walkers. With the nice weather this weekend, one crosses fingers in hopes that the full 18 will be open soon!

Heck, even here in Greeley we are opening the links course on Saturday I think, and we are usually the last place to melt. I was thinking about a fitting with CC too, but I am just awful at hitting indoors/into nets so it'd probably be counterintuitive. Would be interested in hearing what anyone who goes thinks!

Correct! Boomerang is my and my brother's "home club" this year as the now head pro was a former assistant pro at the other course in town (Highland Hills). He's the nicest, greatest guy and super knowledgeable, so we had to "move" across town with him! :-) My brother has a playing pass that works for both courses, though, so we'll end up over at both.

Anyway, Boomerang just posted on their Facebook page that 9 holes starting tomorrow morning will be open for walkers. With the nice weather this weekend, one crosses fingers in hopes that the full 18 will be open soon!

I've played Highland Hills a couple of times but have only played the front at Boomerang. What does a pass for both courses cost, and what does it give you. We're planning a move this year so always trying to find out course information.

I've played Highland Hills a couple of times but have only played the front at Boomerang. What does a pass for both courses cost, and what does it give you. We're planning a move this year so always trying to find out course information.

Will shoot you a PM.

Checked out Club Champion this afternoon. Nice shop with what appears to be very knowledgeable sales people, at least the guy that I dealt with was (Mitch). I assume they are all great.

They carry a ton of club heads. There was only one new driver head, the M1, he said they were waiting on, but should be getting it in the next day or two (they had the Epic line). Ton of iron heads, including PXG, Epon, and Maura, on top of the other major brands. And a ton of shafts - full line of most of the major brands, aside from the standard s300.

They send out their work for club building to Chicago for consistent and accurate work and true up their shafts for consistent install. They said the builders are all engineers and some of the best out there, but who knows - it was a good sell lol.

They use a trackman launch monitor and you hit into a screen so you get a semblance of ball flight. They also have a SAM putting system for putter fitting to help determine, loft, lie, style of head, toe hang, weight, grip, etc.

They'll obviously get a baseline with your old clubs and try to beat it. If they can't, they're not going to sell you something you don't need. They'll also split your appt for a full bag fitting into 2 sessions, since you'll be hitting a ton of balls.

All in all, seems like a great shop. I ended up scheduling a fitting appointment for a full bag fitting for February 17 for irons, wedges, and putter. I'll schedule my driver and woods a bit later - I'm super excited.

Again, they're running a promo for 50pct off which comes to $175 if you get for by march 31.

Awesome. I'm schedule for full bag on March 21. Guess I'll call to setup the 2nd session.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I need to get my swing back in shape before my fitting. Hit up the range yesterday, and it wasn't all that pretty lol. Hopefully a few more sessions paired with Top Golf league will get me close to where I was in the fall.

And holy jebus, I had never seen Family Sports so packed. I had to wait 20 minutes for a mat. It was a mad house!

Edel E-1

Played Buffalo Run yesterday for the first time. Course was in decent shape all things considered. Drove it well, hit some good iron but was more just happy to be out and playing.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Wellshire league has the schedule up and you can join for the 2017 season. Going on my 5th year now. This year will be interesting as they switch over to city water and hack the course up a bit, but the new greenskeeper has done a wonderful job so far so I don't see it being a huge issue. Anyone is welcome to join!

What kind of changes is the course going to undergo?

They are digging up old water lines and replacing with new ones, or connecting to the new Denver Water system as opposed to the old system coming from the reservoir there. They cut down that big tree on 10 to the left after the pond, so that opens up the drive there a lot, also, they are working to create some new tee boxes so that 5 will be longer and possibly a short par 5 going forward. I think they may use that same new tee box to make 14 a drivable par 4, but that was just something I heard being thrown around, nothing confirmed yet. Besides that, I don't know too much, but there are other trees coming down, and since the res will be drained the driving range will get some updates and holes 10, 1, and 7 should get some work and be less damp throughout the season. I will keep an eye out for other big changes and let you guys know.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Top Golf league was fun last night. I've only played there a couple times, and never really paid attention to the different games, so it was cool that they vary it up. Maybe my swing is out of whack since I haven't swung a club consistently in a while, but I feel like the balls don't fly as far as normal ones. I feel like it's at least a 1 club difference.

Edel E-1

Regarding the fitting discussion....

Another option in the area is Brian Gott. http://www.gottgolf.com/

Great guy, Golf Digest Top 100 fitter, Callaway Fitter of the year last year. Brian has all the fitting system tools and a tour type club fitting trailer. He parks the trailer and does the fitting and club work at the Common Ground Golf Course range in Aurora. I used him a few times to do loft & lie adjustment on some irons.

Speaking of which, who's going to the expo? I went the last couple of years but it's become less about equipment and more about vacations etc. I hadn't planned on going but if a big group of us wanted to meet up it would be great to put a face to a name.

I might make an appearance at the expo. I wouldn't mind hitting a couple of the new clubs and checking out some of the prices on apparel,shoes. Maybe there's a new training aid that would help. Anyone know if Eyeline has a booth? They're local and in my opinion the best training aids out there.

60 and sunny this Saturday. Anyone want to play 18 somewhere? I NEED to play a round.

I'm getting out for sure this weekend. I'm not sure if you're up for playing on the north side but that's where I'll be.

Top Golf league was fun last night. I've only played there a couple times, and never really paid attention to the different games, so it was cool that they vary it up. Maybe my swing is out of whack since I haven't swung a club consistently in a while, but I feel like the balls don't fly as far as normal ones. I feel like it's at least a 1 club difference.

I got to go there for the first time the weekend before last. It was a good time. I definitely noticed a big distance difference. I think it was a combination of being 30-something outside and the rock-firm balls but it was about two clubs for me. I bet it would still be 1 club even in warm conditions. I treat them like the glow-balls I have, something in the realm of 80-85% normal distance. I think it's partly because of how firm they are and also whatever electronic unit they have in the balls (RFID I think, but could be GPS or Bluetooth).

Regarding the fitting discussion....

Another option in the area is Brian Gott. http://www.gottgolf.com/

Great guy, Golf Digest Top 100 fitter, Callaway Fitter of the year last year. Brian has all the fitting system tools and a tour type club fitting trailer. He parks the trailer and does the fitting and club work at the Common Ground Golf Course range in Aurora. I used him a few times to do loft & lie adjustment on some irons.

I have to throw in a guy also.

Bryan "Buddy" Beam. He was rated a worldwide top 100 clubfitter 2006-2016 (according to the KZG profile). I think he owns and runs striker golf but don't quote me on that. I've had a lot of high level guys recommend him. I've talked to him before but I haven't done my own personal fitting through him. My regular practice buddy has (PhocusOne) and he raves about the guy. He even dropped our coach (ex-CU coach) to have Buddy start helping him with his swing.

Even at dinner during the Rocky Mountain Cup this year I was talking to the 2016 Colorado PGA Section Champ Geoff Keffer and he said "I won't let anyone else touch my clubs."

A little FYI, he will try to sell you KZG clubs but if you don't want them he will still be more than happy to work with you and do anything you like.

I think you may be too late. I think a storm is moving in on Tuesday. Too bad because this weekend is supposed to be great again.

Edel E-1

Beautiful yesterday. 61 degrees. I stopped at Buffalo Run to see if a very quick nine was possible. Asked the young man at the counter if it was busy. He said it was pretty open, asked if I was walking or riding. Told him if it was open I'd use the cart so I could make it even quicker.

Get out there and there are groups on every hole (I noticed the parking lot was pretty full when I pulled in, should have trusted that instinct). Three twosomes trailing behind two foursomes. It looked the first twosome wasn't coming close to keeping up with second foursome. Waited on every shot.

Adding to the frustration, they were cart path only.

I'm not overly concerned about it, I just wish he would have been more honest with me and said there a lot of people out there. And it definely pisses me off when they don't tell you it's CPO. I really did stress to him that time was a concern.

I ended up heading in after six holes. Surprisingly though, I really wasn't too irritated. They only charged me $21 for nine holes, I got to swing the club outside, and the weather was nice.

Played Blackstone yesterday - front was very crowded but I think a lot of people only played 9. CPO we played the front in 2:00 the back in 1:25. Greens were a bit slow and soft as expected.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Just throwing this out there. I was lucky enough to get some of the Kirkland signature balls (8 doz). I was thinking about sharing the "wealth" and wondered if anyone here would be interested in buy a dozen or 2. Thinking $25/doz $45/2 doz. Let me know if you're interested.

Mods : Please let me know if need to create a official ad. I just wanted to share with the guys in the Colorado sub-forum.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Got some practice in, and my new punchcard(just under the wire), at CommonGround yesterday. Might need to bundle up and play 9 today...been way too long

Callaway Epic Flash 9* 
Callaway Epic 3W 15*
Titleist 818 H1 19* 
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-iron 2* flat KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Srixon Z785 5-P 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff 1/4inch short
50 SM7 F Grind 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
54, 58 SM7 M Grind  2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Studio Select Laguna 2 33' 2*flat

Just throwing this out there. I was lucky enough to get some of the Kirkland signature balls (8 doz). I was thinking about sharing the "wealth" and wondered if anyone here would be interested in buy a dozen or 2. Thinking $25/doz $45/2 doz. Let me know if you're interested.

Mods : Please let me know if need to create a official ad. I just wanted to share with the guys in the Colorado sub-forum.

Isn't there speculation that Costco will have these available at some point again?

Edel E-1

I scheduled my full bag fitting for Feb. 17 as well! Looking forward to it. I really just want to see where I'm at with the driver, and desperately in need of a putter fitting, but I think it ends up being about the same if not cheaper with the promo to do the full bag.

Sweet! I'll be there in the late afternoon. I can't tell you how excited I am, though I'm sure my bank account and my wife won't be lol.

I really have to figure out a prioritization to replace my clubs since I really don't want to do it all at once. I'm really curious how well the new Epic, Cobra and M1/2 drivers compare to my current 913D2. I think they'll have to really blow me away to replace my 913 though, so I imagine irons and maybe my putter will be my number one thing to replace, or at least re-shaft my current Mizzy's. My buddy says he'll buy them though, so that could make things a bit easier.

Edel E-1

Isn't there speculation that Costco will have these available at some point again?

There is a ton of differing opinions on but I don't think there is anything concrete as of yet. The KSig thread has a bunch of thoughts but quite honestly it's gotten a bit out of control as of late.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1378818-kirkland-signature-costco-golf-balls-merged/page__st__6660

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

av1084 and thaar

I'm looking forward to you both posting your experience at Club Champion. I've been looking for a SAM putting lab fitting place to get a putter fitting and CC is the most affordable. I'll be curious what putters they have available for test. Their webpage seems to indicate that the don't have Taylormade putters and the new Spiders fit my eye (but not wallet) quite nicely. :)

Last year I got a Driver, Woods, Irons fitting done at D'Lance and overall was satisfied...Loved the club fitting and working with PJ, but what I didn't like was the 2+ month wait to get my clubs after paying for them upfront. I understand they had some supply chain issues, but the lack of communication about the whole delay and when I could pick up my clubs left a sour taste and one I complained about when I eventually did pick up my clubs.

Don't get me wrong, love the clubs I got, but getting them right at the end of the summer really put a damper on my ability to get out and play them. When I did get out and play them, I've shot my best rounds with them, so I guess the results were worth the wait.