SuperSpeed Golf training system

Thank you for letting me know. I have a really hard time finding any real data documenting the relation ship between the SSG swing speeds vs. Expected driver results. I dont believe it is linear. Plus there is the reliability issue with SSR set up as you have alluded to.

Good for you on your first big jump, I dont think 11mph is unrealistic. I jumped 8mph after my first session. It has only been since I've hit phase 3 that I have found my gains have really stuck.

I'm naturally a skeptic at most things in life. That said, I am pretty confident that doing this WILL increase club head speed, and potentially dramatically for some folks. What I'm not sure of is why that happens....I realize what SS claims as reasons for the increase and what golf trainers say probably has merit in terms of tricking your body, getting it used to moving faster, etc etc. On the other hand, my initial theory as to why speed jumps (especially that early step up in the first few sessions as they describe) is that this is the first time in my/other users lives where the only goal we have when swinging is to swing as hard as you can, PLUS you have instant feedback on the results. If you see a 110 reading and then try something slightly different and see 112, well then you're tinkering your swing to speed it up with the only goal being speed. Seeing the # on the radar go up after making a change provides positive reinforcement of this change in your swing, so you keep doing it with the only goal being speed (i.e. you're not seeing a golf ball fly OB, short, far, high, low, fairway, etc). In this sense, its not tricking your body, it is just you changing your swing to be faster with ZERO regard for is it a better swing, better club head delivery, on/off plane, etc. On this note, I filmed my last few swings when I was maxing out and noticed that I was extending my swing at the top by a little bit (was previously at about 1:30, now I'm closer to 3 o'clock/full parallel), which is creating a shift in my spine angle. I'm worried about this spine angle tilt, because that will 1) be TERRIBLE for my back's long term health, and 2) cause me to be incredibly inconsistent.

With that in mind, I'm going to keep doing this training but pay super careful attention to my swing to make sure I'm not ruining both my health and my swing itself. I'll probably not gain as much speed as possible with this, but again a golf swing should never be focused on maximizing speed, it should be about precision.

I think you can separate in your mind your "real" golf swing from speed training. I had been doing the SSG protocols for quite awhile before I started working with Chris Finn, and like you, technique seemed important to me. We talked about this very question, and he said basically that technique is NOT important when you are doing speed training; only speed is. You are activating muscle fibers and teaching them to go FAST.

That said, the extent to which a particular individual can benefit from SSG-type speed training is all over the map; some can, some can't. I was absolutely religious about the protocols for months, and saw no real gains, and Chris, who has done a TON of research on speed protocols told me that I was already swinging as fast as my body would allow and that speed training just wasn't going to do much for me. I use the blue stick for 3 sets of five swings in each direction three times a week at the end of my workouts, but my best speeds just never change much.

The injury issue is another question, and I think it's an important one. This has been discussed a ton in this thread, but the latest and best research from independent people who are NOT selling sticks is that the best gains come from a LOT fewer swings with one stick that weighs more or less what your driver does. I've said this before, but I don't know of ANY exercise or any sort that involves the number of reps that you do in the SSG protocols, much less one done at top speed. It just defies good sense.

Correct. In fact, the most recent time I was in at Par4Success and was being reevaluated after a couple of months of doing their workouts, Chris actually stopped mid-way thru the speed sets and had me try the swing with the step; he reminded me that speed, balance, footwork, etc., don't mean a thing to speed training. The TPI-types will tell you that if you want to practice your golf swing, then practice your golf swing; likewise, none of the speed guys emphasize doing their protocols with good technique. They just want you to go FAST.

I know that's counterintuitive for a lot of us; it was for me. But the experts on all sides of speed training, while they differ a TON of what to swing and how many times to swing it, don't differ on this question.

• Like 1

Just finished my 4th session and saw strong gains across the board. Averaged over 120 mph with driver at the end of my set, peaked at 122. The five swings were 119, 120, 121, 122, 119 on that set so it definitely wasn't a radar fluke. Considering my initial driver set on day one averaged 107 mph and my last set today was over 120, that is meaningful gains....now if it will stick and more importantly will it translate to the course is the real question....

YOX9VKD9AEFA.png

• Like 1

recent picked up the PRGR unit to measure swing speed as i agree with everyone else, not much point in doing the protocols without measurement.

i've found it to look pretty accurate on driver swings. my peak so far with no ball is 101, with ball 98. but with the blue stick i'm hitting 110 consistently. am i really losing almost 10 mph trying to square the club face with the driver? i would really hope not. maybe it is less accurate measuring the sticks vs an actual club head?

I'm not that familiar with the prgr, but it wouldnt surprise me if you are slowing down 10mph trying to square the face.

I have been averaging 120mph with the blue stick for a few months an am only finally realizing full swing speed with the driver.

I am in week 19 of training and waiting for my local indoor range to open up to get on tracman to confirm actual speed gains. I have been finally hitting 112-115 mph with almost golfballs on ssr when hitting in backyard. The last time I was on launch monitor at end of week 6 I was hitting 102 but my blue stock speeds were still in the 120range.

I have a PRGR and as far as I can tell it doesn't care what is flying past it as far as accuracy goes. A real golf club or a stick with a blob on the end, it doesn't care.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

One other consideration is that you should expect your swings with the blue stick to be much faster than you can swing your driver. I've seen posts (can't find them, unfortunately), where the SuperSpeed folks have indicated how swing speed with each stick lines up with driver swings. For instance, the conversion from the green speed to driver speed is 0.84 (again, I'm not positive on that number but I think it's close). So if you swing the green stick at 130, you should be able to swing the driver at 109. I think the blue stick correlation to the driver was around 0.9, so your numbers look spot on.

Copied from a post I made earlier in the thread (note that the webinar referenced was from April 2019 and can be found here):

"The SSG folks hosted their first webinar back in April (past webinars can be replayed here). At about the 13:00 minute mark they throw up a graphic that while doing the SSG protocol (where you swing green, then blue, then red), the green stick should be about 19% faster than a normal driver clubhead speed, blue should be 15% higher, and red should be 10% above. So the golfer with a 110 mph driver clubhead speed should be swinging the green stick at about 130-131mph."https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/19023051#Comment_19023051

Apologize if some of this has been covered, but there are 107 pages here to sort through and have some questions:

-My current swing speed varies from 110-115 which is pretty high by real-world-non-WRX standards Is this speed training worth it for those who started in the same speed range as I am? Certainly don't need the extra distance, but if it's out there for such a small cost investment and minimal time investment, why not try?

-Has anyone lost face control (i.e. accuracy) after using this product? No doubt it works, tons of proof that it WILL increase swing speed, but at what expense? Seen a lot of reviews stating such and wanted to get the WRX-take.

-What swing speed radar are most using for this to track progress? Not exactly glowing reviews out there on most SSR's I've seen available.

I just watched the superspeed webinar that was posted somewhere in the past two pages.

Superspeed says green club swings 19% faster, blue is 15%, red is 10% faster than driver.

For me, I find my swings are about :

Green = 18% faster

Blue = 12% faster

Red = 8%. Faster

Superspeed says if you arent seeing these speed differences you are probably using the wrong set.

A 7mph increase in SSG golf swings will see a proportional increase in driver speed (I.e 123mph green ÷1.19= 103mph driver speed, 130mph speed on green ÷1.19 = 109mph driver speed.)

I am entering week 20 of the program, half way through phase three.

Looking for some feedback for those that have experienced the second jump. Did they find a step change in speed or was it just gradual?

On my first session my max green speed was 123 and I have gradually progressed to 132. Just not sure of this is my jump or if I should be expecting a step change one time increase?

what is the regimen recommended if I’m doing blue stick only?

here’s superspeed first six weeks (3x per week)

normal 3x each side

step 3x each side

normal 3x dominant

15 overall swings Next 8 weeks (up to week 15, 3x per week)

normal 3x each side

kneeling 3x each side

step 3x each side

normal 3x dominant

21 overallNext 12 weeks (up to week 27, 3x per week)

normal 4x each side

kneeling 4x each side

Double step 4x each side

normal 3x dominant

27 overallNext 22 weeks (up to week 49, 3x per week)

normal 5x each side

Heel stomp 5x each side

Double step 5x each side

normal 3x dominant

33 overallsteady-state after week 49 (3x per week)

normal 5x each side

Heel stomp 5x each side

Double step 5x each side

Happy Gilmore 5x each side

normal 3x dominant

43 overall

thoughts and recommendations for the most efficient way to gain speed using only the blue stick?

Thanks.

Anyone had success mixing a protocol of Blue Stick and the new C stick? I am doing that now -- along with working with Robin Rosado (he has a 1 month virtual speed clinic he is running now).

I was doing the I was doing the traditional superspeed training with little impact on my actual course swing speed. But now I am seeing an increase from 97 to 103-105 on real swings (measured with GCQ and Swing Speed Radar) after only one week. My goal is to get my real speed to 110+ consistently. Robin has some good drills that have help a lot.

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X