SuperSpeed Golf training system

14 hours ago, stingerfade said:

The red stick is heavier so you should be faster with your regular driver 

Not necessarily.  My observations are that it aligns more with actual driver speed when compared to someone swinging on Trackman than the other sticks.  Why that seems to be could be because of several things but I won't bore people with that right now.

• Like 2

Swing hard in case you hit it!

6 hours ago, clevited said:

Not necessarily.  My observations are that it aligns more with actual driver speed when compared to someone swinging on Trackman than the other sticks.  Why that seems to be could be because of several things but I won't bore people with that right now.

It’s a golf nerd forum. Doubtful anyone would be bored with that info!! 🙂

• Like 1

Sasho Mackenzie has been working on a similar product that he said should be released in the beginning of February. It sounds more like one stick with stackable weights, but I could be wrong.

https://www.thestacksystem.com

I just bought Superspeed Sticks that I found for cheap(er) on eBay last night, but I’m very interested to see Sasho’s product.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

17 hours ago, stingerfade said:

It’s a golf nerd forum. Doubtful anyone would be bored with that info!! 🙂

Lol fair enough.  I will share what I think could be reasons for that.  

-Aerodynamics of Driver could be such that the drag makes the speed you can get out of it more closely match the red stick.

-It could be that the SS radar reads a tad high with the sticks and so the driver when measured on Trackman more closely matches the red numbers vs the other sticks.

-It could be that most drivers are actually closer to the total weight and or swing weight of the red stick making them more comparable (if we assumed the radar was accurate with the sticks).

-It could be that the amount of speed a person can generate when actually having to hit something is less than physically possible with the sticks and it just so happens that the red stick speed numbers match better than the other sticks with regards to that.

I am personally planning to do a little experiment my next time on Trackman.  I am going to bring my speed stick and a foam ball and attempt to hit it.  If that doesn't pick up, I will use my home made one and hit an actual ball. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, clevited said:

-Aerodynamics of Driver could be such that the drag makes the speed you can get out of it more closely match the red stick.

-It could be that the SS radar reads a tad high with the sticks and so the driver when measured on Trackman more closely matches the red numbers vs the other sticks.

-It could be that most drivers are actually closer to the total weight and or swing weight of the red stick making them more comparable (if we assumed the radar was accurate with the sticks).

-It could be that the amount of speed a person can generate when actually having to hit something is less than physically possible with the sticks and it just so happens that the red stick speed numbers match better than the other sticks with regards to that.

I am personally planning to do a little experiment my next time on Trackman.  I am going to bring my speed stick and a foam ball and attempt to hit it.  If that doesn't pick up, I will use my home made one and hit an actual ball. 

Agreed.  I find the red sticks just a little above my actual SS by a few percent maybe.  It's probably less than 5% and more like 2-4% typically.  I have not done a lot of SSG training yet though.  I have a different question relating to normal numbers and sequencing.

- I normally find maybe a 6mph gap between the colors.  Maybe a tiny bit more with red.

- My green stick speed seems to be less than 19% above my normal swing speed.  Mine seems more like 14-15%.

- My kneeling swing speeds are not as far behind my standing or heel stomp speeds as expected.  Maybe a bit more with the red stick.

- My standing, heel stomp and step swings don't yield materially different numbers. My sequencing is not great certainly and part of my impetus for SSG was hoping to improve this.  I don't post up well.  Does SSG post "tips" or they just assume your body will figure out sequencing after some time?

I'm trying to figure out:

- If I'm the type of person likely to improve from SSG

- Does my relatively good kneeling numbers indicate I get a lot of power from core rotation and core?  Should my standing numbers be more than 5 mph or so above my kneeling?

- Does not having as much of a difference in standing, heel stomp, and step(lowest?) indicate that my sequencing is weak(which it is)?  Hopefully, that means I have more power to add by getting my lower body better.  If so, should I do the core protocol or spend more time on steps, stomps, Happy Gilmore, etc?

- I'm also contemplating doing on the low end of swings to be effective for less unnecessary wear and tear.

I did not improve at all in Week 2 vs week 1, which doesn't seem abnormal.  I plan to stay the course because I know that's a tiny period.  But I could definitely be convinced to do Blue Stick only (or mostly) for less reps.  I wonder if many other people with sequencing issues just figure it out sometime when doing SSG.  

Any thoughts appreciated.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, clevited said:

Another thing to consider is that in overspeed training, your singular goal is to swing the stick as fast as you possibly can.  On the course, you need to keep the ball on the planet and still make solid contact -- so you are naturally going to throttle your speed.  As a result, your speeds with the heavy stick will likely still be higher than your "typical" driver speed.

IMO the goal of overspeed training is not so much that you can increase your maximum driver speed, but rather that your "typical" swing will get faster without actually trying to swing faster on the course.

Edited by SirFuego
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, GoTime said:

Has anyone seen pretty drastic reading differences with their SSR over time, or between uses? It's been some time since I used mine, but the last time I did I was hitting 130ish with driver and a ball, and a good amount above that with the green superspeed stick.

Granted it's winter and in my garage, but my 7i just read 92-95 with ball, driver 105ish, green stick 112ish.

Something is fishy. Anyone else have similar exp? Going to try and replace batteries then try again.

today my radar is reading higher with Driver/Ball than with green stick - not moving the radar nor my setup between clubs. Sounds like something is off or broken. Thoughts @SuperSpeed Golf ???

• Like 1

Session 2 Done.

In session 1 the final 3 green stick swings were 128,131,128

Session 2 : 135, 129, 132

Bit of an improvement and feel like a couple of things to do with using the ground clicked.  

After the session I hit the longest drive I have ever hit on my Skytrak.160 ball speed, 16.6 launch, 2250 spin, 280 yard carry.  First goal is for that to become the standard drive rather than the long drive.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been posted before, but has anyone compared the PRGR vs. the Sports Sensor Radar?  Is one more accurate than the other?  Does one tend to show higher speeds?  I have the PRGR, and I'm more focused on the increases that I am seeing on that, but was just curious as a lot of the YouTube reviewers seem to be using the Sports Sensor Radar vs. the PRGR.  Not sure why given that SuperSpeed seems to be promoting the PRGR right now.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elee913 said:

Apologies if this has been posted before, but has anyone compared the PRGR vs. the Sports Sensor Radar?  Is one more accurate than the other?  Does one tend to show higher speeds?  I have the PRGR, and I'm more focused on the increases that I am seeing on that, but was just curious as a lot of the YouTube reviewers seem to be using the Sports Sensor Radar vs. the PRGR.  Not sure why given that SuperSpeed seems to be promoting the PRGR right now.  

I am not sure if it was in this thread or somewhere else where I read that the stick speeds were pretty much identical on either unit but that the SSR could throw out some higher numbers if you swung above the radar unit and not past it (that is what I recall the person guessing).  The PRGR I have read in several places that it is more consistent and less off than SSR overall when swinging an actual driver but it will still read higher by like 3-5 mph vs Trackman. SSR can read much higher and more inconsistent when swinging the driver.

Hopefully that helps.  I do believe I am remembering what I read correctly but if someone can confirm or correct me, that would be great.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, toddmanley said:

Speaking of the PRGR unit - where's the best location to place it when doing the swings?  I did have an SSR unit until I got careless and swung the red club right through it!

I find the PRGR to be very forgiving.  3 to 6 feet behind (down the line) and I tested with it 90 degrees to target line with the same result for just CHS.

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

On 1/20/2021 at 6:53 PM, stingerfade said:

The red stick is heavier so you should be faster with your regular driver 

Hi StingerFade, at the end of a SuperSpeed Training session it is common to see Red Club numbers faster then your baseline driver speed. Since we start with the lighter clubs to get your brain and body moving very quickly it's able to move heavier items quicker. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks and have a great day!

On 1/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, Jakra1234 said:

So I ordered a set of sticks and the PRGR last week and have gotten no shipping confirmation, how long do these thing typically take to get?

Hey Jakra1234, sorry for just seeing this now. We did have a delay in shipping and processing at our distribution but everything is back to normal now. How you received any information in regard to your order? If not please shoot me an email to [email protected] with your order number.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, winegr said:

Agreed.  I find the red sticks just a little above my actual SS by a few percent maybe.  It's probably less than 5% and more like 2-4% typically.  I have not done a lot of SSG training yet though.  I have a different question relating to normal numbers and sequencing.

- I normally find maybe a 6mph gap between the colors.  Maybe a tiny bit more with red.

- My green stick speed seems to be less than 19% above my normal swing speed.  Mine seems more like 14-15%.

- My kneeling swing speeds are not as far behind my standing or heel stomp speeds as expected.  Maybe a bit more with the red stick.

- My standing, heel stomp and step swings don't yield materially different numbers. My sequencing is not great certainly and part of my impetus for SSG was hoping to improve this.  I don't post up well.  Does SSG post "tips" or they just assume your body will figure out sequencing after some time?

I'm trying to figure out:

- If I'm the type of person likely to improve from SSG

- Does my relatively good kneeling numbers indicate I get a lot of power from core rotation and core?  Should my standing numbers be more than 5 mph or so above my kneeling?

- Does not having as much of a difference in standing, heel stomp, and step(lowest?) indicate that my sequencing is weak(which it is)?  Hopefully, that means I have more power to add by getting my lower body better.  If so, should I do the core protocol or spend more time on steps, stomps, Happy Gilmore, etc?

- I'm also contemplating doing on the low end of swings to be effective for less unnecessary wear and tear.

I did not improve at all in Week 2 vs week 1, which doesn't seem abnormal.  I plan to stay the course because I know that's a tiny period.  But I could definitely be convinced to do Blue Stick only (or mostly) for less reps.  I wonder if many other people with sequencing issues just figure it out sometime when doing SSG.  

Any thoughts appreciated.  

Hi Winegr, thanks for this message. I will try to unpack and provide as much useful information as possible.

- We believe that everyone can increase their speed, regardless how fit they are and their starting point. When people reach out stating that they have not increased speed in usually falls into one of following issues. They do not commit to training three times a week (every other day), they do not warm up before training, or they do not swing max out at full effort when training.

- Your points about kneeling, heel stomp, and step swing speeds lead me to believe that most of your speed is generated from your upper body. Our protocols from start through week 20 address both upper body (kneeling) and lower body (step change) specifically throughout. After week 20 we have 3 ASD (advanced speed development) protocols. Here is the link for the ASD that really digs into the lower body. https://superspeedgolf.com/pages/advanced-speed-development-training-1

**I will say we always recommend every player go through our protocols in the correct order week by week. Like anything, increasing your speed requires effort and dedication. Stick with the program and I am confident your speeds will increase**

- Just using one club at one weight does not generate much benefit, the point of overspeed training is vary the load, starting lighter and reintroducing the weight throughout training.

If you have any questions please let me know, I am here to help.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, SirFuego said:

Another thing to consider is that in overspeed training, your singular goal is to swing the stick as fast as you possibly can.  On the course, you need to keep the ball on the planet and still make solid contact -- so you are naturally going to throttle your speed.  As a result, your speeds with the heavy stick will likely still be higher than your "typical" driver speed.

IMO the goal of overspeed training is not so much that you can increase your maximum driver speed, but rather that your "typical" swing will get faster without actually trying to swing faster on the course.

Great point here. In training if your focus is to increase as much as possible, on course that "control, find the fairway speed" as a result can also become higher because you've spent time swinging much faster.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, GoTime said:

today my radar is reading higher with Driver/Ball than with green stick - not moving the radar nor my setup between clubs. Sounds like something is off or broken. Thoughts @SuperSpeed Golf ???

Hi Go Time, the reason why we switched away from SSR was for that reason. Consistency become an issue and support wasn't there.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Toolish said:

Just restarting the protocol and doing the Fit For Golf 101 program at the same time.  Current driver swing speed is 105-107.  Would love to get that to 120.  As a near 40 year old I am not sure how possible that is but won't know if I don't give it a shot!

Happy training!

On 1/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, stingerfade said:

Haven’t read the whole 114 pages but just wondering what’s the typical length of a plateau if you continue the same regimen. Had a nice initial burst and now I seem to be stuck and even getting slower at times. 

A first plateau can last several weeks, but it depends on every player. Like most training the body required some time to adjust to what is the new normal in order push more speed. Don't get discouraged by a plateau, keep working hard on your training and you will see the results!

Have a great day!

On 1/25/2021 at 9:56 PM, Elee913 said:

Hi Elee913, we starting using PRGR in early 2020. We switched away from SSR because consistency became an issue and support wasn't there. We are always going to offer the best radar that is available at a reasonable price.

18 hours ago, Elee913 said:

Thanks Superspeed!  But can I ask if there were any noticeable consistent differences in speed one vs. the other?  Ie, is the PRGR consistently slower/faster in swing speeds vs. the SSR?  

The SSR does seem to record speeds faster then PRGR, TM, FS etc. 

At the end of the day both are tools to help monitor your swing speed. If you are seeing your speed increase from your baseline and you continue to use the same device to measure, your speed is increasing, regardless what device you are using. When we heard about PRGR we were happy with the consistency especially when tested again TM, FS etc and thats why we made the switch. We feel that PRGR gives and accurate representation of what your speed actually is. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Question about PRGR swing speed - pretty frequently the PRGR shows club speed as well as ball speed and distance, even though I am only performing dry swings. when documenting my speed should I take the higher ball speed, or take the club head speed and ignore ball speed? I would image the unit is picking up that speed somewhere along my swing?? Here are a few examples from this morning:

99 club head speed

117 ball speed

101 CHS

114 BS

115 CHS

121 BS

117 CHS

124 BS

86 CHS

103 BS

94 CHS

105 BS

84 CHS

95 BS

Etc.. it happens a lot, the above data is from the last 10 swings on the PRGR, so 70% of the time is thinks I am hitting a ball.

Any info would be appreciated, thank you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jakra1234 said:

Question about PRGR swing speed - pretty frequently the PRGR shows club speed as well as ball speed and distance, even though I am only performing dry swings. when documenting my speed should I take the higher ball speed, or take the club head speed and ignore ball speed? I would image the unit is picking up that speed somewhere along my swing?? Here are a few examples from this morning:

99 club head speed

117 ball speed

101 CHS

114 BS

115 CHS

121 BS

117 CHS

124 BS

86 CHS

103 BS

94 CHS

105 BS

84 CHS

95 BS

Etc.. it happens a lot, the above data is from the last 10 swings on the PRGR, so 70% of the time is thinks I am hitting a ball.

Any info would be appreciated, thank you. 

When I swing in my garage with a net and a wall in front of me, I consistently get PRGR ball and clubhead speeds. When I take swings outdoors with nothing in front of me, I rarely get both ball and CHS - usually just CHS. I'm not sure if the net/wall is causation or correlation. What is your setup when you're seeing those readings? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timefor9 said:

When I swing in my garage with a net and a wall in front of me, I consistently get PRGR ball and clubhead speeds. When I take swings outdoors with nothing in front of me, I rarely get both ball and CHS - usually just CHS. I'm not sure if the net/wall is causation or correlation. What is your setup when you're seeing those readings? 

I will occasionally get the middle PRGR reading when I swing left handed towards the monitor (I don't move the monitor on left handed swings so that i'm swinging away).  when that has happened, I've noticed that the middle reading more closely matches up with the single swing speed reading, so I'll take that as the reading.

• Like 1