SuperSpeed Golf training system

48 minutes ago, Timefor9 said:

When I swing in my garage with a net and a wall in front of me, I consistently get PRGR ball and clubhead speeds. When I take swings outdoors with nothing in front of me, I rarely get both ball and CHS - usually just CHS. I'm not sure if the net/wall is causation or correlation. What is your setup when you're seeing those readings? 

Yeah this is indoor. The ball speed seems closer to what is actual. Typically the CHS is obviously too low and the ball speed maybe a little high 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, stingerfade said:

Haven’t read the whole 114 pages but just wondering what’s the typical length of a plateau if you continue the same regimen. Had a nice initial burst and now I seem to be stuck and even getting slower at times. 

I am stuck as well.  I peeked out at like 120ish (123 max) on the blue stick a few months ago, now I am in the mid-teens.  I do the blue stick only method advocated by Par4Success.  I usually do 5 reps on knees (both directions), 5 regular (both directions), and 5 step (both directions), then 3 all out RH only.  Then I grab my driver and do 5-10 dry swings to work on really good tempo with lots of speed. 

This is from the Par4Success article:

Speed Stick Protocol Steps:

1. Kneeling 5 swings right
  2. Kneeling 5 swings left
  3. 3 minutes rest
  4. Standing 5 swings right
  5. Standing 5 swings left
  6. 3 minutes rest
  7. Happy Gilmore 5 swings right
  8. Happy Gilmore 5 swings left

I do not do the Happy Gilmore swings as I train indoors, and do the step-drill instead.  Does anyone think that Happy Gilmores are crucial?

Any advice for breaking plateaus and getting some gains back? 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

I seem to remember an Excel file floating around here for logging SuperSpeed progress, but I can't seem to find it now. It had some color coding, different shades, for progress. Any help? THANKS!

• Like 1

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

On 1/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, Toolish said:

Just restarting the protocol and doing the Fit For Golf 101 program at the same time.  Current driver swing speed is 105-107.  Would love to get that to 120.  As a near 40 year old I am not sure how possible that is but won't know if I don't give it a shot!

This was exactly my numbers. I was 105-107 max before, maybe a couple years ago and I turned 38 late last year. 

My adherence to the program is terrible, maybe once a week and sometimes I don't do it for a couple months but I hit my new PR for ball speed at 177mph (118 chs) and that was on TM in 3 degree (Celcius) weather about a month ago.

You can do it!!!

• Like 2

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

Apologies if this has been asked. What are the implications of having to grip down a few inches due to ceiling height? Will the system work the same (just with a little less speed than using full 46” sticks)? 

Anyone with experience in slightly lower ceiling comment if your swing gets more upright if you’re tired etc? 

• Like 1

Anyone else not getting any faster at all with this?

Did protocol 1 during the summer then went to protocol 2 .  Stopped doing it for 4 weeks over christmas but picked it up again the last few days.

I normally try to do it 3 times a week.

at no point since I started last June have I noticed a swing speed increase.

46 minutes ago, Trap Junior said:

Did protocol 1 during the summer then went to protocol 2 .  Stopped doing it for 4 weeks over christmas but picked it up again the last few days.

Are you actually measuring your SS or just going by feeling?  The word “notice” implies the latter. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

On 2/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, gentles said:

Apologies if this has been asked. What are the implications of having to grip down a few inches due to ceiling height? Will the system work the same (just with a little less speed than using full 46” sticks)? 

Anyone with experience in slightly lower ceiling comment if your swing gets more upright if you’re tired etc? 

it appears a shorter length stick does not have a negative impact on speed training:

• Like 1

Sasho Mackenzie’s new product is also built to a hybrid length so I don’t think gripping down on the Superspeed sticks would matter.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

So my trackman CHS is about 101 MPH, might start session at 98 - but once warmed up it is 101 and has been in or around that for many years.  Play off HC 5 - carry 240, ball speed 150.  

I am in the last week of protocol 1 and have seen very little increases.  Warm up very well or as prescribed by superspeed.

- Start of session my driver speed is 100/102 (using PRGR)

- green 110/111 

- blue 107/108

- red 100/101

- End green stick 111 have had a few up to 115/116 (but few and far between)

- End of session my driver speed is between 105/106

I am going to guess the driver speed of 105 using the PRGR is close to the Trackman numbers and therefore not much of an increase,  

What I don’t  get is the really slow speed of the green sticks of 110 - surely it should be higher ?   Is there other people out there with similar numbers?  Maybe not having a ball there is hindering me mentally.   I am going all out and have tried loads of different ways to try to increase speed ..... thoughts ?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mickg007 said:

So my trackman CHS is about 101 MPH, might start session at 98 - but once warmed up it is 101 and has been in or around that for many years.  Play off HC 5 - carry 240, ball speed 150.  

I am in the last week of protocol 1 and have seen very little increases.  Warm up very well or as prescribed by superspeed.

- Start of session my driver speed is 100/102 (using PRGR)

- green 110/111 

- blue 107/108

- red 100/101

- End green stick 111 have had a few up to 115/116 (but few and far between)

- End of session my driver speed is between 105/106

I am going to guess the driver speed of 105 using the PRGR is close to the Trackman numbers and therefore not much of an increase,  

What I don’t  get is the really slow speed of the green sticks of 110 - surely it should be higher ?   Is there other people out there with similar numbers?  Maybe not having a ball there is hindering me mentally.   I am going all out and have tried loads of different ways to try to increase speed ..... thoughts ?

Thanks 

It's interesting, but your stats are very, very close to mine.  I get my green stick to 111 to open and finish at 111 (max has been 113).  blue is 107/108 and red is 101/102).  that said, when i started, my driver was around 95, and I am now closer to 100, with max swings in the 106 area.  all of these are measured on the same Full Swing golf S8 simulator, so it's measured consistently.  but for the life of me, I can't get my green stick to move up (i've been stuck at 110/111 for 2 weeks now).  i am going to start the 2nd protocol soon, so let's see if that opens things up.

your ball speeds are higher than mine as a note.  i'm getting to low 140s ball speed, but get to about the same carry of low 240s (running out to 250-260).  i don't think my strikes are necessarily dead on.  my goal was to get my swing speed to 105 consistently, and topping it at 110.  i am not giving up though.  SS has been pretty consistent in saying there is a long plateau, and based on their data, i have a few weeks to go before reaching the next one.  

in either case, i am really happy about my 5-10 mph increase.  now on to better ball striking.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Elee913 said:

It's interesting, but your stats are very, very close to mine.  I get my green stick to 111 to open and finish at 111 (max has been 113).  blue is 107/108 and red is 101/102).  that said, when i started, my driver was around 95, and I am now closer to 100, with max swings in the 106 area.  all of these are measured on the same Full Swing golf S8 simulator, so it's measured consistently.  but for the life of me, I can't get my green stick to move up (i've been stuck at 110/111 for 2 weeks now).  i am going to start the 2nd protocol soon, so let's see if that opens things up.

your ball speeds are higher than mine as a note.  i'm getting to low 140s ball speed, but get to about the same carry of low 240s (running out to 250-260).  i don't think my strikes are necessarily dead on.  my goal was to get my swing speed to 105 consistently, and topping it at 110.  i am not giving up though.  SS has been pretty consistent in saying there is a long plateau, and based on their data, i have a few weeks to go before reaching the next one.  

in either case, i am really happy about my 5-10 mph increase.  now on to better ball striking.

Min 5mph - that’s a very good increase.  Well done.

I am going to crack on starting protocol 2 next week, if I get a ‘trackman monitored’ 106mph at the end of it - I will be delighted.

I might try to get rubber or plastic golf balls to see if it’s a mind thing ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickg007 said:

I am going to crack on starting protocol 2 next week, if I get a ‘trackman monitored’ 106mph at the end of it - I will be delighted.

I did find as a note that I could not crack 100 mph on a Trackman.  Not sure if that is any more accurate than the monitors I’ve been using. 

• Like 1

@SuperSpeed Golf I'd imagine you have access to a Trackman correct?  Any chance you could give us some comparison stats between PRGR and Trackman readings?  I brought my PRGR into my local Golfmart and measured against GC Quad, and found the ballspeeds were within 3 mph (and usually 1 or 2).  I don't have access to a Trackman these days.

• Like 1

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Has Anyone else experienced a period when their SS dips a little?  I’ve been slowly climbing in SS on my QCQuad, peaking at 119 about 2 weeks ago.  This last week I’m topping out at 116 for some reason.  Maybe it’s just a little fatigue, but wanted to check with others.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

8 hours ago, MysteryV said:

@SuperSpeed Golf I'd imagine you have access to a Trackman correct?  Any chance you could give us some comparison stats between PRGR and Trackman readings?  I brought my PRGR into my local Golfmart and measured against GC Quad, and found the ballspeeds were within 3 mph (and usually 1 or 2).  I don't have access to a Trackman these days.

Mike Carroll from fitforgolf says he has seen The PRGR is 3/4mph faster then Trackman.

Edited by mickg007
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 12:12 PM, Jakra1234 said:

Question about PRGR swing speed - pretty frequently the PRGR shows club speed as well as ball speed and distance, even though I am only performing dry swings. when documenting my speed should I take the higher ball speed, or take the club head speed and ignore ball speed? I would image the unit is picking up that speed somewhere along my swing?? Here are a few examples from this morning:

99 club head speed

117 ball speed

101 CHS

114 BS

115 CHS

121 BS

117 CHS

124 BS

86 CHS

103 BS

94 CHS

105 BS

84 CHS

95 BS

Etc.. it happens a lot, the above data is from the last 10 swings on the PRGR, so 70% of the time is thinks I am hitting a ball.

Any info would be appreciated, thank you. 

Hi Jakra, thanks for the message. We have heard of this before when swinging indoors. The feedback we got from PRGR is that in those circumstances it seems that the Ball Speed is the "Club head" speed number. Monitor this with the swings speed of your ones that only pick up Club head to see if it's comparable. 

We have also recommended that you try turning the device 30 or 45 degrees, this usually works. These are the work arounds we have been suggesting for those getting those readings in doors. Hope this helps! 

On 2/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, Qwiklap said:

I am stuck as well.  I peeked out at like 120ish (123 max) on the blue stick a few months ago, now I am in the mid-teens.  I do the blue stick only method advocated by Par4Success.  I usually do 5 reps on knees (both directions), 5 regular (both directions), and 5 step (both directions), then 3 all out RH only.  Then I grab my driver and do 5-10 dry swings to work on really good tempo with lots of speed. 

3. 3 minutes rest
  6. 3 minutes rest

I do not do the Happy Gilmore swings as I train indoors, and do the step-drill instead.  Does anyone think that Happy Gilmores are crucial?

Hi Qwiklap, thanks for the post. I have attached our chart on plateaus. These can vary from person to person, but this is our data based on a large numbers of players. Below are the two main things we see when it comes to plateaus.

- Plateaus can be frustrating and discouraging, but like any training they are inevitable. Part of breaking through them is continuing to train with max effort, knowing that for a stretch you might not see an increase. Max effort and max focus, it starts with that, keep training hard! 🙂

- Do you follow the SuperSpeed protocols? I know you mentioned the Par4Success article as something you reference. All of our testing has found the best results when using all three clubs. We believe it is very important to alter weights and use all three clubs, start light to get your body moving very quickly and reintroduce the weight through the session.

Thanks again for your post! 

sstrainingcycles1200.jpg

On 2/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, QMany said:

I seem to remember an Excel file floating around here for logging SuperSpeed progress, but I can't seem to find it now. It had some color coding, different shades, for progress. Any help? THANKS!

HI QMany, here a few that have been going around. We are working on making some easy to use updated ones.

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 10.49.29 AM.png

Level 1 Trackng Sheet.pdf

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, lhahn said:

This was exactly my numbers. I was 105-107 max before, maybe a couple years ago and I turned 38 late last year. 

My adherence to the program is terrible, maybe once a week and sometimes I don't do it for a couple months but I hit my new PR for ball speed at 177mph (118 chs) and that was on TM in 3 degree (Celcius) weather about a month ago.

You can do it!!!

Commitment is key! 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, gentles said:

Hi Gentles, ideally the full length is ideal because its most comparable to your driver. But we certainly understand that when training indoors it requires adjustments. At the end of the day training is better than not, so we encourage you to do what you have to do. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, MysteryV said:

Hi Mystery V, we have seen data from several systems. The thing we have concluded is that we look at it from an apples to apples standpoint. PRGR versus trackman specifically is within 2-3 mph from our data. We see this question a lot and we ask people to always compare against the same unit they baseline against. Our testing at times has seen discrepancies across all units, PRGR, Trackman, Flightscope, GC quad, GCHawk etc. We like PRGR for consumers because it seems to be the most consistent compared to the big dollar units. Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, mickg007 said:

Hey Mickg007, I will send you a message. Lets connect and dive deeper into this

3 hours ago, KC4441 said:

Has Anyone else experienced a period when their SS dips a little?  I’ve been slowly climbing in SS on my QCQuad, peaking at 119 about 2 weeks ago.  This last week I’m topping out at 116 for some reason.  Maybe it’s just a little fatigue, but wanted to check with others.  Thanks.  

Hey KC4441, you can certainly have days and sometimes stretches where you aren't always hitting your max. Fatigue, energy levels, possibly a change in time of day when you do training, warming up etc. Peaks and valleys are common, keep pushing hard and you will continue to see your speeds climb! 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 8:24 PM, Trap Junior said:

Hi Trap, I sent you a message. Thanks! 

33 minutes ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Hi Mystery V, we have seen data from several systems. The thing we have concluded is that we look at it from an apples to apples standpoint. PRGR versus trackman specifically is within 2-3 mph from our data. We see this question a lot and we ask people to always compare against the same unit they baseline against. Our testing at times has seen discrepancies across all units, PRGR, Trackman, Flightscope, GC quad, GCHawk etc. We like PRGR for consumers because it seems to be the most consistent compared to the big dollar units. Hope this helps.

Thanks.  I'm assuming it reads 2 - 3 mph faster?  It feels like Trackman reads CHS the slowest of any LM.

Also, are we talking CHS, ball speed, or both here?

Again, thank you!

• Like 1

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

3 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Hi Jakra, thanks for the message. We have heard of this before when swinging indoors. The feedback we got from PRGR is that in those circumstances it seems that the Ball Speed is the "Club head" speed number. Monitor this with the swings speed of your ones that only pick up Club head to see if it's comparable. 

We have also recommended that you try turning the device 30 or 45 degrees, this usually works. These are the work arounds we have been suggesting for those getting those readings in doors. Hope this helps! 

Hi SSG 

been using the speed monitor for a month and seems inconsistent so my PRGR is coming this week!  

im still not sure how to set it up. The radar is at impact but facing me at 45 degrees. You mention here to turn the prgr device but is it in front of you or behind you facing “down the range?” I’m in a basement but have plenty of room. 

thanks!!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, Qwiklap said:

3. 3 minutes rest
  6. 3 minutes rest

Yeah I looked at Par4Success and I have to agree - especially with what you're reporting. I can't see how adding between 12,000 and 18,000 swings per year wouldn't induce swing fatigue (if not injury). I just got my set and see myself using Level 1 to hopefully get a nice boost and then Level 2 to maintain - all with the blue stick. I have no interest in adding all those swings to my body.