SuperSpeed Golf training system

take off clubhead and measure head + adapter weight... work out perfcentages based on that as shaft and grip weight remain constant... get pieces of stainless bar or calibration weights or whatever and drill and glue basically..

Questions for those that have done it..

1. What diameter bar would you use ideally now having done it?

2. How much weight did you lose drilling out weight for the tip?

3. I presume solid round stainless bar would work well?

Thanks!

Great thread. I just ordered three shafts and three calibration weights to make my own set.

Thanks for all the advice.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I'm one week in on superspeed training. I bought through their website, and also purchased the blue radar. I'll post my progress from time to time. Curious on if my progress is similar to what have others have seen? Baseline with my driver swing speed is good but pedestrian for this site- 104-108 but I've gotten up to 115.

Two biggest observations so far for me.

1. Not much faster (if at all) on the step change from the right side. Either I'm good at transferring weight from my normal stance, or I suck at transferring with the step change.

2. Biggest gains coming from the left side. That's probably me learning how to use unfamiliar muscles, but I know there's a lot out there on the importance of those muscles in the golf swing.

I'm one week in on superspeed training. I bought through their website, and also purchased the blue radar. I'll post my progress from time to time. Curious on if my progress is similar to what have others have seen? Baseline with my driver swing speed is good but pedestrian for this site- 104-108 but I've gotten up to 115.

Nice spreadsheet!

I just finished my third supersped "protocol 1" workout. I had been doing some other overspeed training very sporadically over the past 6 weeks or so. It is interesting how quickly the speeds on my left handed swings have come up--today I got up to 97 on my SSR, which is about my normal driver speed right handed lol! It still felt awkward as heck. My speeds were fairly mundane most of the way through the workout, until I got finshed and did my last swings with the light stick. They just kept going up, until I hit 117, then started to drop, so i was done.

I have already noticed some distance gains on the course - probably 7-8 yards last time out, when I was not striking it particularly well. Drives and 3 woods off the tee are getting out there pretty good (for me) now. This is fun!!

I haven't looked at the data, but most talk about energy transfer ability of muscles, and then balancing the body for stability and to avoid injury. So it might be less about working the opposite side helps with swing speed, and more about if you only do dominant side you'll get hurt and that will obviously hurt swing speed.

What evidence is there that training the weak side will increase overall speed?

Lol. Good luck to you...

Thx bro.

I haven't looked at the data, but most talk about energy transfer ability of muscles, and then balancing the body for stability and to avoid injury. So it might be less about working the opposite side helps with swing speed, and more about if you only do dominant side you'll get hurt and that will obviously hurt swing speed.

Injury makes sense for sure. I'm really interested in the energy transfer part. I like the idea and I started giving it a shot this afternoon and I noticed how really uncoordinated and weaker my opposite side is compared to my strong side.

Doing these exercises are definitely helping me. Doing protocol 1 for about two weeks and some unstructured overspeed training for a couple more. Played last weekend in chilly weather and my drives were the same or longer than summer driving distances. Can't wait to see the change after 4 to 6 weeks and warm weather.

Increasing the strength in your opposite side acts as the breaking muscles. You need to be just as stable trying to restrict the swing once your past impact position. You will notice they when you start the program that your swinging with a lot of body motion which is wasted motion. After a few weeks you will see that you have been using the wrong group of muscles since the other ones were not being used correctly. Your swing will definitely smooth out and get faster.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

After a few weeks you will see that you have been using the wrong group of muscles since the other ones were not being used correctly. Your swing will definitely smooth out and get faster.

Interesting. I noticed yesterday toward the end that I had a couple swings that were very smooth but felt rippin' fast --and these ended up being my fastest swings of the day.

Increasing the strength in your opposite side acts as the breaking muscles. You need to be just as stable trying to restrict the swing once your past impact position. You will notice they when you start the program that your swinging with a lot of body motion which is wasted motion. After a few weeks you will see that you have been using the wrong group of muscles since the other ones were not being used correctly. Your swing will definitely smooth out and get faster.

It makes sense. I don't see the harm in it for sure. You definitely never get that rotational action from your weak side so I'm willing to try it.

I live by the Golf Works so I'll drop in for some cheap shafts and epoxy and see if I can borrow a drill press for a few minutes.

This. A chiropractor friend advocates making one swing with your non-dominant hand for every swing made with the dominant hand.

Regarding Dopp's question, there's plenty of evidence, lol

Speak to ANY Teacher/Pro worth a **** ?

One of my barometers in judging a Teacher/Pro is if I hear them tell someone "you've got too much right side in your swing," without taking it further and instead of making band aid compensatory changes to basically weaken the individual's right(strong side) side and their swing, they work with them to develop and coordinate their "weak" side.

Think about it for a second-

How can you(I'm just using "you" as an example, not directed at either of you :) ) be using "too much right side" when I guaranfriggintee ya that you, me and 99.9%+ of the golfers walkin the face of the earth use LESS right side than DJ, Jason, Rory or any guy carryin a card???

But you're using "too much" right side, LMAO????

Bull****!!

The problem is that most golfers, like 98%+, DO NOT use their weak side correctly or to the appropriate level in their swing.

So, it's not that one has "too much" right side(or left side for a lefty) in their swing as it is that they don't have nearly enough of their "weak" side correctly involved in their swing.

Yes, strengthening it is important however just as important if not more so is bringing its coordination level up to that of one's "strong" side.

Pete had me swinging left handed at the age of 14yo to coordinate and strengthen my left side and Madison does the same with her students.

So it isn't so much that most golfers are using "too much" strong side(be it a righty or lefty) as they are not using enough of their weak side and that which they do utilize is not used optimally.

This drill will probably do as much if not more for a lot of ya than any of the other swing drills or ANY drill that you could do, and it won't be just a matter of swinging faster as you should see an improvement through the bag.

I guess it could help prevent injuries but I gotta tell ya BroMeisters, I used to sit out on a bench on the line at my range and watch dozens and dozens and dozens of guys who probably weren't using 10-15% of their weak side correctly and we never carted anyone off on a gurney, lol. Most golfers go their whole golfing lives(I hesitate to say careers?) inappropriately using their weak side, if they use it at all and have no injuries to speak of, at least back/swing related.

It's akin to when they say that a team is only as strong as their weakest link-

The same can be said for an individual and golfer...

What is the average golfer's weakest link in both their swing and body?

Their "weak" side, be it the left side for a righty or vice versa for a south paw

You can be the most flexible guy on earth and you will of course be in great golf "shape" to swing a club however unless ya know how to correctly utilize your "weak" side you will not maximize your swing potential.

Most golfers(or humans in general, regardless of the arena) start out excited, juiced & focused and going block busters balls to the wall in their practice, drills, etc, though over time and this time varies however the effort and focus drops off as they might not have initial success that they expected or they plateau, go sideways or even backwards and eventually they stop all together and just accept their mediocrity or their current performance level.

This is life, this is the normal human being and it's a shame, lol.

So try bein "abnormal," lol

Try setting goals, writing them down along with a game plan/schedule to achieve them and then work your *** off

Do not accept plateaus or negative days as anything but that-

A bad day...

Come back the next day harder than ya did the day before-

It's MENTAL Gents

This of course is just my .03 worth ?

Keep Swingin My Friends?️

My Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Did my first SuperSpeed session today, big eye opener that I am so weak swinging on my weak side (left handed) and poorly coordinated. With the right handed swing the speed was higher with green than blue than red as to be expected but the left handed swings were opposite in that I had a higher speed with the heavier rods.

Definitely an increase in speed between the first set of green swings (right handed) to the last set of three, by 5mph.

Anything detrimental in doing this initial workout more than 3x a week?

Also anyone know how to post a screenshot or copy paste from a trackman output pdf on here?

I have definitely hit my plateau. 117mph is with my blue club with a occasional peak in the low 120mph. At this point I have met my goal of 115 sustained speed over a set of 10 reps. What doing the program has opened my eyes to is that its pointless and unproductive to hit more then 10 drivers in a row while doing a range session. Since I know my peak reps I can now hit 5-7 shots with a premium swing and know to take a rest and work on some 1/2-3/4 iron shots. Banging away with the big stick with a large bucket of balls might be the worse thing for you.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I have definitely hit my plateau. 117mph is with my blue club with a occasional peak in the low 120mph. At this point I have met my goal of 115 sustained speed over a set of 10 reps. What doing the program has opened my eyes to is that its pointless and unproductive to hit more then 10 drivers in a row while doing a range session. Since I know my peak reps I can now hit 5-7 shots with a premium swing and know to take a rest and work on some 1/2-3/4 iron shots. Banging away with the big stick with a large bucket of balls might be the worse thing for you.

Thank you for posting this.

I need to rethink my whole practice routine.

Most of the Players that I know if they are Playing multiple rounds a week and hitting the driver well, they do not even hit a driver on the line, much less hit half a dozen balls. A 1/2 bucket? Why, if you're swinging well and more importantly putting the ball where you want it? I did not hit a driver on the line last year after July and I know that Richard's last year in the game, he did not hit a driver on the line after June, except for his pre-round warm-up when his last ball was the first club that he would hit that day, as was mine, which was usually a driver. Banging away with a driver when you are hitting it well on the course is not only a waste of good swings, it is a waste of time with the potential for picking up bad habits or "leaving it on the line." It sounds like you're in a groove! Take it to the course and/or work on other parts of your game like your approaches, wedge/short irons and putting. Good luck :) Madison

Went down to the Golf Works outlet store in Newark today and picked up some 50 cent driver shafts and some cheap grips for them. After re-reading the thread I think the resale value on anything I could craft would be zilch, so I'm going with the epoxy + washer + tape method to build up the weight. I'm going to try for the title of cheapest build (not counting those that already owned half of this stuff).

More fun on the workout today. Like the others, when swinging in the opposite direction, my fastest speeds (98 mph) were with the heaviest club. I got about a 15 mph bump from the first series with the light club to the last.

Better still, I'm hitting all my clubs longer on the course. My 6-iron distance has gone from 162 to 175 (I still find it hard to believe), and most of my other irons are +10 yds or so. Part of this is mechanics, but most of it is more speed.

Normally, distance control is one of my strengths, but now I tend to be long with my approaches. It is going to take time to get used to hitting clubs my "new normal" distances, and allowing myself to swing at a prudent tempo.

Huge gains today - really pumped. Was worried after the last session that I had plateaued, and then this came out of nowhere. It's kind of surreal / hard to believe that my left handed swing now is faster than my right handed swing on day 1.

I did play golf for the first time in a while Tuesday, so maybe my body is just a bit looser. Other than that all I can say to explain the jump is that the program works.

Love the chart, I need to get my excel act together outside of work!

I've been at it about the same time you have and have seen some improvement in just a week. For context I've been recording my max R/L speeds and then my beginning driver swing and last driver swing for the sake of comparison:

cce6fd2abc85a8f1d0f02288cd37a6e5.jpg

That last driver swing came with a 282 yard carry! Pedestrian by GolfWRX standards but that's a solid 17 yards over my normal swing. I think the biggest difference for me has come in just feeling what faster is from one swing to the next. As others have pointed out, what I used to think was faster was most definitely not the case!

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Tensei 1K Black 75X)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Srixon Z-Star Diamond '23

If anyone has any questions regarding Super Speed Training refer to "HondaBuff". He's quickly becoming the authority on how to get results. Look for his YouTube channel soon and his membership website shortly...

Lol, I'm just a guy who knows a guy who watched some YouTube videos!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Huge gains today - really pumped. Was worried after the last session that I had plateaued, and then this came out of nowhere. It's kind of surreal / hard to believe that my left handed swing now is faster than my right handed swing on day 1.

I did play golf for the first time in a while Tuesday, so maybe my body is just a bit looser. Other than that all I can say to explain the jump is that the program works.

Tripp - congrats that is a huge change, 10 mph jump pretty much across the board, wow! I had asked the question before but it seems working the programme every other day so 3 to 4 times a week is working great for you ! Congrats :)

Can't wait for mine to arrive. Hoping for some of the gains mentioned in these threads.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Thanks Ray! Excited for the next go to see if the gains were real or the radar was just hot the other day. How's it going for you?

That's right on frequency - I've basically been going every other day, with a two day break in there once in a while.

Third session today and the good news is that the last three swings with the green are increasing every session, however some of the other colors are up and down a little from session to session. Maybe that will start to trend up consistently soon. Didn't get to the gym this week at all but played a couple rounds of golf, so tightened up a little. Back to the gym sessions this week.

Can't wait for mine to arrive. Hoping for some of the gains mentioned in these threads.

C - did you get the "high demand" flag when you ordered? I did (from a week or so ago) and it sounds like the backorder is 2 weeks? I'm anxious to get started as well! The left side strengthening aspect makes sense. I could probably start training now based solely on the videos that are out there but prefer to get a solid baseline established first to see just how slow I am!