2017 PGA Show: Demo Day Pt. 3

GolfWRX

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson went ribbed for her pleasure I suppose?

[size=3]2021 WITB[/size]
[size=3]Driver: Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 75x[/size]
[size=3]3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x[/size]
[size=3]2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted[/size]
[size=3]52* Wedge: Callaway MD4 Raw S Grind[/size]
[size=3]58* Wedge: Callaway MD4 Raw S Grind[/size]
[size=3]Putter: Odyssey EXO Mini 7[/size]

Will the TEE EX 10 beta be available in Lh?

Callaway Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 10.5 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65tx

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 80 stiff

Taylormade Stealth 19.5 Accra Tour Z Xtreme 85 stiff

Srixon Zx7 4-PW PX LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 50/56/60 PX LZ 6.0

Tour Issue Odyssey #7 w/ ProX insert

She would probably fall asleep before you got done saying Micro Vortex Generators.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Tensei 1k Black- TX  
Titleist TSr3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Golo 6
Pro V1

That e10 beta looks nice. Tempted by that club and the new f7 5-6 to compare against my XR 4-wood. I prefer a fixed hosel, so TEE will get a long look.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Fuji Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway XR16 14* / Fubuki AX75f-S

Taylormade Jetspeed Tour 19* / Fuji Motore 8.3-R

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S
Mizuno S18 52* 
Mizuno T22 58*

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One

where was the reality show wilson driver?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

They had the Triton including its designer and winner of the contest in the booth. The FG Tours are a beautiful looking club. Waaaay beyond my skills. Hit the new d300 irons and was pretty impressed. Nice sound and feel, pretty solid ball flight. I have never given Wilson a thought when looking for new clubs but they may be worth a closer look.

Seriously, WTH is that...

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

The Wilson Driver looks horrible!

Blows my mind why some of these manufacturers continue to make clubs. There is a very small piece of market share that they are trying to get and the $ they spend on R & D isn't worth it. As a Pro, it would be very difficult for me to sell anything other than a top name brand to customers. They really need to reconsider their approach.

Wilson Blades look great

If companies like Wilson and Tour Edge truly want better players to try some of this equipment, they need to price it a considerable amount lower than Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, and the other major retailers. No way I'm looking at any of that stuff when the price is the same.

even if it was the top performer for ya?

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

If companies like Wilson and Tour Edge truly want better players to try some of this equipment, they need to price it a considerable amount lower than Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, and the other major retailers. No way I'm looking at any of that stuff when the price is the same.

The problem then is that a people would perceive their clubs as too cheap and think they wouldn't perform like the larger OEMs. The smaller companies need to price in the same ballpark as their more popular competitors, but they really need to make their products look as good as possible. But there's a fine line between making something look innovative and making something look like it will be on special in Wal-Mart.

Wilson's woods look they're been attacked by the black-goo from The X-Files, metal worm ...

The problem then is that a people would perceive their clubs as too cheap and think they wouldn't perform like the larger OEMs. The smaller companies need to price in the same ballpark as their more popular competitors, but they really need to make their products look as good as possible. But there's a fine line between making something look innovative and making something look like it will be on special in Wal-Mart.

Wilson's woods look they're been attacked by the black-goo from The X-Files, metal worm ...

Kinda like some of PINGs releases.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Kinda like some of PINGs releases.

I do agree that they don't want to be viewed as "cheap" and I can understand that. The issue is that company does make cheap stuff also, cheaper than other major brands. I worked at a shop that sold Tour Edge products on the cheaper end and that's more what they are known for. Even if it was the top performer for me, I would be hesitant to get it simply because of having to answer the questions about what the heck that strange looking club I'm using is and how it "isn't cheap like their other stuff." Also, with them also making cheaper stuff, I'd be worried about long term reliability and resale on this website and others. Is that shallow of me? Probably so, but that's the nature of the game.

And I'm by no means going to go out and buy PXG or Miura either. Just because something is that expensive doesn't make it that much better. Being a better golfer, I know those clubs won't improve my score enough to warrant $150-$200 more per club. The smaller brands like Tour Edge and Wilson don't have to be $150-$200 cheaper than other brands, but $50-$100 (for a driver) would be cheap enough to get other people to look. Let's be honest, if a Titleist and a Wilson are both on the rack at Dick's Sporting Goods and priced the same, most people aren't even going to test and get fitted for one or the other, 95% of people will grab the Titleist and move on.

That Wilson Staff D300 3 wood isn't bad looking at all.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest