New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Probably just a goading email. It even says first come first serve on the first batch. My leagues practice rounds start in April and I was hoping to have my game reading to go. Our first flight if guys are all 5hcp and better and there is no wiggle room if you start the first few weeks slow.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Probably just a goading email. It even says first come first serve on the first batch. My leagues practice rounds start in April and I was hoping to have my game reading to go. Our first flight if guys are all 5hcp and better and there is no wiggle room if you start the first few weeks slow.

You really feel a launch monitor is a make or break situation for that?

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

No, not at all. I should stop watching You Tube Videos on the Skytrak. Worse yet is Mitchel Golf sells the FS Xi for $2500. I would have to put some more deposits in the marrige bank to pull that one off.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

No, not at all. I should stop watching You Tube Videos on the Skytrak. Worse yet is Mitchel Golf sells the FS Xi for $2500. I would have to put some more deposits in the marrige bank to pull that one off.

Mitchell is/was a drop shipper for FS. They cut down on what they sell outside of the traditional machines. I would honestly be surprised if they still actually field FS purchases. FWIW, there were no price reductions through Mitchell, they were the same as everyone else.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

Mitchell is/was a drop shipper for FS. They cut down on what they sell outside of the traditional machines. I would honestly be surprised if they still actually field FS purchases. FWIW, there were no price reductions through Mitchell, they were the same as everyone else.

Flightscope xi advertised on Mitchell golf for $2500 so offer still must be going.

Mevo has been ordered. Here's hoping its a quality product.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Flightscope xi advertised on Mitchell golf for $2500 so offer still must be going.

Mitchell does not sell it any longer.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

If a golfer's only concern is to get on course yardage and "live" gap testing, Game Golf can be had for $100 and is accurate. I'm not sure what the benefit would be to lugging this thing around and setting it up every shot and drawing the ire of your playing partners.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I will probably use my Mevo a few times at the range and log my yardages. Then when I'm not playing it will be setup at the house with the net and mat. Aspirations with using it on the course realistically probably wont happen. Skytrak would be next step if the Mevo doesn't get the job done.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I was all set to order, than I exchanged a couple emails with a flighscope rep and it gave me pause...

Distance is calculated. To calculat the distance accurately it will need proper spin numbers and that will require stickers (or pen if it works) on all shots if really trying do properly assess distance gaps or test driver's.

I was all set to order, than I exchanged a couple emails with a flighscope rep and it gave me pause...

Distance is calculated. To calculat the distance accurately it will need proper spin numbers and that will require stickers (or pen if it works) on all shots if really trying do properly assess distance gaps or test driver's.

Not sure that should really be a surprise to anyone. The monitor is treated as though it's in "indoor" mode, so limited tracking. It's no different than a traditional unit indoors, GC2 unit, etc.

Spider Tour X3

Not sure that should really be a surprise to anyone. The monitor is treated as though it's in "indoor" mode, so limited tracking. It's no different than a traditional unit indoors, GC2 unit, etc.

Big difference between Mevo and those is they measure and calculate spin axis, which can/has a pretty major role in how far a ball travels

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Not sure it's major. Try putting different spin axis variables into fs optimiser. Doesn't seem to change the carry distance much, other variables held constant

Big difference between Mevo and those is they measure and calculate spin axis, which can/has a pretty major role in how far a ball travels

I also ordered the stickers separately for $34.05 shipped with a hunch that the stickers were going to be mandatory for calculations. Will be interesting to see how close the numbers will be with and with out the stickers while hitting out side. Would kinda suck to have to "bedazzle" every range ball before you hit it. Not a deal breaker since my ES12 does that now with just ball speed/loft and you know that the shot went about 270 yards. I think the expectations are going have to be that your buying the Maytag version and not the Jenn-Air for lack of a better analogy.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

If this read spin axis and gave accurate ball tracking like a GC2, nobody would care if it needed stickers for the price they are selling it for.

If this read spin axis and gave accurate ball tracking like a GC2, nobody would care if it needed stickers for the price they are selling it for.

Your initial post was about distance being calculated. Again, it's no different than using "indoors" with the other doppler units. Neither doppler unit measures spin axis indoors either, although they do measure start direction. Both of those units are still highly regarded in the fitting/teaching world.

Obviously, they are not ready to drop the price point that much for providing that much data to the user. The Xi and Xi+ are the same units, you pay double to see the additional data displayed. Doesn't mean they can't give you the info, they don't want to.

Spider Tour X3

This has me interested for on the range and testing shafts but since it connects wirelessly thru Bluetooth can you listen to your music and use the mevo at the same time? Also if hitting outdoors do you need the stickers for spin?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

The big boy versions of Flightscope only need the foil stickers for indoor use since they track the entire flight of the ball. No one knows if the MEVO is a short range or long range radar yet. But since it can also detect the spin of a baseball and velocity from a pitcher. I'm going to say its a mid range radar. It has to be better then a SC200 or ES14 for the price point or FS is going to get flamed.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I put in my pre-order the day it went live. I've spoken to the guys at FS a few times and while I won't be directly quoting them, they say the radar technology is a different case than what they have on their full sized radars. It'll be just as accurate and it will be app driven only. I asked about battery life since that will be a huge factor for me. If I can use it for an hour and a half range session dialing in distances or figuring out what shafts work best for which club and not need to charge it afterwards, it would be a big plus. If the battery life only lasts 1:30 then it needs 4 hours to charge, it'll be a big deal breaker for me and I'll probably need to bite the bullet and go to a full sized system or look at using a portable battery charger if it can be charged with an external battery like an ipad or something.

Spin will be super helpful and the dots will be great but there are ways to ballpark spin if you look at launch angle and carry distance as well as ball speed. I think this is a great product for the $500 market and if it's possible to upgrade (think iphone with additional charge for more space) I'd almost rather use this unit and upgrade it than get a full sized unit that I wouldn't even get 50% of it's capabilities.

While it's not designed for fittings, you certainly can hit 10 balls with one club then hit 10 balls with another and see what club gave you better numbers. In a watered down way, that's what a quick range fitting is based off of.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

This has me interested for on the range and testing shafts but since it connects wirelessly thru Bluetooth can you listen to your music and use the mevo at the same time? Also if hitting outdoors do you need the stickers for spin?

I believe that you could since the MEVO isnt using audio feedback. I know you cant connect two wireless headphones at the same time via bluetooth. So interesting to see how things play out!

Got this response about using video with the MEVO and thought I'd share:

"Mevo does not have a built-in camera. The video is taken with your iPhone camera in the Mevo application. The radar is synchronized with your iPhone to automatically record and clip video of your swing with data overlay.

Metallic stickers are used on the golf ball in order for the Mevo to accurately measure spin both indoors and outdoors."

Got this response about using video with the MEVO and thought I'd share:

"Mevo does not have a built-in camera. The video is taken with your iPhone camera in the Mevo application. The radar is synchronized with your iPhone to automatically record and clip video of your swing with data overlay.

Metallic stickers are used on the golf ball in order for the Mevo to accurately measure spin both indoors and outdoors."

If they get this right that could be a really nice value add. It's a pain in the butt to set your phone up for each swing or set of swings but video is so important!

If stickers are needed outdoor for spin than I'm out!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

It is possible that the Mevo is going to use the camera on the iphone to measure spin and that's why the stickers are required?

Nope.

You aren't going to measure spin with an iPhone camera. You need a pretty focused setup for a camera based system. If it was possible, the market would be flooded with competition for Foresight and Skytrak.