New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

IMO range balls are inconsistent and will perform differently to your premium ball you use on the course, mainly iron spin. Hence to dial in your yardages based on range balls won't be correct

Mevo would be perfect for gap testing using your own balls or alternatively in the range balls are of consistent quality, take asmple of 10 against 10 of your premium and see the difference in spin. Then use fs optimiser to see effect of this. Then might be within your 2 yd

I understand that within long shots those factors (spin and ball itself) migth be very important for the ball flight but I think that in the range 30-130yds its much more about what you do with the ball, your lunch angle etc that "creates" carry. Of course what the ball would do after the ball lands depend on the spin and the ball itself but thats not important for me. I onky want to fine tune carry.

The Mevo isn't tracking the entire ball flight. It is calulating the distance based on ball speed, launch anglke and spin. If you look at the Flightscope trajectory optimizer you can quickly see differences of 8-10 yards with a two mile ball speed difference and a couple thousand more or less spin. If using range balls and not acurately measuring the speed, launch and spin how could you properly gap short irons? I know I hit the golf ball I game further than most range balls I practice with, but I'm also pretty confident that I hit it with more spin as well.

Just assumed someone would have had a chance to review it before the release date.

And we may see a review by golf digest, golf week or MGS the week the unit starts shipping. Cell phones, laptops and such tend to give the press units to test that are production units and than we see the reviews hit in the days leading up to the product release.

Has anyone tested the new Bridgestone fit. Is this a potential competitor?
I tried it on the range a few days ago. It seemed pretty accurate, but it's a tedious process that you have to go through after every shot. You also have to have someone video it for you, so there's that. The app is really meant for driver and to recommend a ball to your swing, but is worth using if you want to video it every now and then.

Has anyone tested the new Bridgestone fit. Is this a potential competitor?
I tried it on the range a few days ago. It seemed pretty accurate, but it's a tedious process that you have to go through after every shot. You also have to have someone video it for you, so there's that. The app is really meant for driver and to recommend a ball to your swing, but is worth using if you want to video it every now and then.

I'm dissapointed because I knew BFIT would be like that. Awesome tool- but whether it's accurate or not really not meant for range sessions.

Hi guys, do we have any info of the accuracy.

I just hope that the accuracy will be like:

+- 1 mph for ball and clubheadspeed ( 2 mph range)

+- 0.75 deg for LA ( 1.5 deg range)

+- 100 rpm for spin ( 200 rpm range)

Am i dreaming ?

I have the ES14 where the ball speed is within 2 mph compared to TM So i think the men should be as accurate.

The pain the A** with the es14 is thst you need to place the device correctly ... i hope that with the mevo you just need to put it like 3-4 yards behind the ball snd you are done.

Good news guys, there is the golf show at paris this WE, i hope thst flighscope will demo the mevo!!!!

Those are Trackman ranges, not Mevo - those ranges are EXTREMELY accurate

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Am i dreaming ?

I have the ES14 where the ball speed is within 2 mph compared to TM So i think the men should be as accurate.

The pain the A** with the es14 is thst you need to place the device correctly ... i hope that with the mevo you just need to put it like 3-4 yards behind the ball snd you are done.

Good news guys, there is the golf show at paris this WE, i hope thst flighscope will demo the mevo!!!!

No TM is precise at 0.1 mph, otherwise it wont show something like 156.7 mph, spin accuracy is +- 50 rpm and launch angle is +- 0.1 deg

Hi guys, do we have any info of the accuracy. I just hope that the accuracy will be like: +- 1 mph for ball and clubheadspeed ( 2 mph range) +- 0.75 deg for LA ( 1.5 deg range) +- 100 rpm for spin ( 200 rpm range) Am i dreaming ? I have the ES14 where the ball speed is within 2 mph compared to TM So i think the men should be as accurate. The pain the A** with the es14 is thst you need to place the device correctly ... i hope that with the mevo you just need to put it like 3-4 yards behind the ball snd you are done. Good news guys, there is the golf show at paris this WE, i hope thst flighscope will demo the mevo!!!!
No TM is precise at 0.1 mph, otherwise it wont show something like 156.7 mph, spin accuracy is +- 50 rpm and launch angle is +- 0.1 deg

I think you are bouncing between what it displays, and the actual accuracy. TM could display that, but "accuracy for TM is still +- 1 MPH, not 0.1. It will read to the decimal, that doesn't mean the accuracy tolerance is that small.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Am i dreaming ?

No, the dispersions you were quoted are actually Trackman dispersions. Just because they measure to a tenth of a MPH doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY goes that exact speed to the tenth of a degree. If you took a measurement with a 20,000 fps camera, which is more accurate than trackman on spin and LA, Trackman would be off....but not by much. For all intents and purposes, Trackman is very accurate and the standard, but it does have dispersions on it. Trackman tends to grab the heel measurements from club speed too, which in meaningless calculations like Smash Factor, could put it over the max calculations physics would let you with driver.

https://mytrackman.com/media/bffe9801-d94e-467d-a956-2d7ba589d17b/hpWS9Q/Site%20GFX/4.%20TMU%20GFX/7.%20Learning%20Tools/PDF%C2%B4s/TrackMan%20Definitions.pdf

Ball speed is accurate per 0.1mph

LA per 0.2

Spin rate per 15 rpms and that was from 2012, I guess TM 4 is at least that accurate if not better

I'm a mechanical engineer and from an engineering point of view you can't display decimals if you are not sure to be accurate to the decimal.h

https://mytrackman.c...Definitions.pdf

LA per 0.2

Spin rate per 15 rpms and that was from 2012, I guess TM 4 is at least that accurate if not better

I'm a mechanical engineer and from an engineering point of view you can't display decimals if you have not sure to be accurate to the decimal.

Many independent studies have found those variances not to be true...it's still accurate. The variances on individual shots vary more but averages even out over time due to a high volume of data. Look, I was on a Trackman last night and compared it to my SkyTrack.....after 10 shots, the numbers are DARN near identical - doesn't mean SkyTrack variances are better or close to Trackman. I'm glad to post the results if you like.

umm yeah you can display decimals and be inaccurate. Trackman measures Swing speed to the decimal point as well and produces numbers on Smash Factor that exceed 1.50 due to their misreads and calculations.

Again, Trackman is the gold standard...but it does have variances.

LA per 0.2

I'm a mechanical engineer and from an engineering point of view you can't display decimals if you have not sure to be accurate to the decimal.

Many independent studies have found those variances not to be true...it's still accurate. The variances on individual shots may but averages even out over time due to variances. Look, I was on a Trackman last night and compared it to my SkyTrack.....after 10 shots, the numbers are DARN near identical - doesn't mean SkyTrack variances are better or close to Trackman. I'm glad to post the results if you like.

umm yeah you can display decimals and be inaccurate, that's totally false. Trackman measures Swing speed to the decimal point as well and produces numbers on Smash Factor that exceed 1.50 due to their misreads and calculations.

agree maybe not all shot are 100% within +- 0.1 mph, as there is a bit of probability like 75% of the ball speed or club head speed must be within 0.1%. Regarding the smash factor it's normal as TM only take the club headspeed form the CG of the club so if you hit slightly on the toe and above CG, you can get a SM up to 1.52 ( assuming your club is 0.83 max COR)

For example if the club head speed is irl 100 mph at impact and ball speed is 150 but hit slightly on the toe, TM will mesure it from the CG of the club that was 99 mph so TM's SM will be 150/99= 1.51 whereas the real SM would have been 1.50. so if you have a SM up to 1.52 with TM its normam and will most mikely due to a strike location slightly above Cg and a bit on the toe side, because thats how TM mesured club head speed, not because of the innacuracy of the ball or/and club headspeed, of course i'm not saying that it can't happended from innaccuracy like maybe you can have time to time an accuracy of -+ 0.5 mph on a shot but that will still remain pretty rare.

I'm quite sure a TM is 95% accurate from TM claims and is 99.99% less than 1mph accurate concenring chs and bs. otherwise that means that the ES14 is as accurate as a track man ball speed wise...

Anyway i just hope that the mevo will be within +- 2 mph other wise its not worth it, imagine you actually have a sm of 1.50 but because there is a 4 mph difference it will say that you have a sm of 1.55 ( 152/98) or 1.45 (98/102)

I'm not bashing Mevo at all, I hope it's extremely accurate. I'll get it if it is...you can't hit irons off of grass with the SkyTrack due to the debris.

In the process for trying to get a refund for my pre order. Going to run far, far away from FS after that call.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

In the process for trying to get a refund for my pre order. Going to run far, far away from FS after that call.

Care to elaborate for us?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

LA per 0.2

Many independent studies have found those variances not to be true...it's still accurate. The variances on individual shots vary more but averages even out over time due to a high volume of data. Look, I was on a Trackman last night and compared it to my SkyTrack.....after 10 shots, the numbers are DARN near identical - doesn't mean SkyTrack variances are better or close to Trackman. I'm glad to post the results if you like.

umm yeah you can display decimals and be inaccurate. Trackman measures Swing speed to the decimal point as well and produces numbers on Smash Factor that exceed 1.50 due to their misreads and calculations.

This is my favorite argument of all time. Who is doing all these independent studies?

Care to elaborate for us?

Once the money is back in my PayPal account I will.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I can't say I'm surprised. You've been fairly critical of everything about the Mevo and with all the whining I don't know why you preordered without any real details.

FS has a ton of happy customers and will continue to support them. It's rare to hear of someone being unhappy with them. This product launch is probably something they can learn from though.

I can't say I'm surprised. You've been fairly critical of everything about the Mevo and with all the whining I don't know why you preordered without any real details.

FS has a ton of happy customers and will continue to support them. It's rare to hear of someone being unhappy with them. This product launch is probably something they can learn from though.

I've got one of their Elite units and I can tell you that I wasn't impressed at all by their sales and marketing staff. It's hard to get answers to simple questions out of them so honestly this product launch really isn't that surprising to me. I sent the FS sales guy that worked with me when I purchased my unit a quick email asking when they would be available and what distance you'd need to be from the net when using the Mevo indoors. I got back an email telling me to take a look at the website with a link to it. The website didn't answer my questions and I was a little unimpressed with his communication especially after spending what I did.

I'm sure they'll get everything right eventually but it does seem strange to launch something that people are anticipating will be the next greatest thing months before you have them in hand or are able to give people any kind of video of the thing in action. I think this will be a bruise for FS if it's a bust because a lot of people are excited about it.

My impression is the current non-consumer units are a top notch product but the are not ready to be selling to the consumer market yet. I got the impression we are not going to be seeing the MEVO any time soon. Im just going to grab a SC200 to mess around with and a new CCE mat and get ready for the season for now. The Pre Order gave me the impression it was a KickStarter type deal to guage the market.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I've got one of their Elite units and I can tell you that I wasn't impressed at all by their sales and marketing staff. It's hard to get answers to simple questions out of them so honestly this product launch really isn't that surprising to me. I sent the FS sales guy that worked with me when I purchased my unit a quick email asking when they would be available and what distance you'd need to be from the net when using the Mevo indoors. I got back an email telling me to take a look at the website with a link to it. The website didn't answer my questions and I was a little unimpressed with his communication especially after spending what I did.

I'm sure they'll get everything right eventually but it does seem strange to launch something that people are anticipating will be the next greatest thing months before you have them in hand or are able to give people any kind of video of the thing in action. I think this will be a bruise for FS if it's a bust because a lot of people are excited about it.

Yeah, definitely understand. I don't know if they just jumped the gun on the initial preview and preorder assuming preproduction was going well or if there were other issues. They clearly need work on their marketing side, even the X3 doesn't have a ton of info on the impact cam and stuff like that.

I've heard tons of great things FS support once you are a customer. I have an X2, but bought used and I knew what I was getting.

Who knows, maybe this was the plan to just get more buzz around what we'd expect from a $500 device, but then they probably wouldn't have taken preorders. I don't think anyone is debating that this is a poor marketing activity, but I don't know why someone would complain so much and still jump on board. Wasn't delivery expected late March? Don't know how someone would get so upset already when we still don't know everything about it and we aren't even close to the end of March yet.

Yeah, definitely understand. I don't know if they just jumped the gun on the initial preview and preorder assuming preproduction was going well or if there were other issues. They clearly need work on their marketing side, even the X3 doesn't have a ton of info on the impact cam and stuff like that.

I've heard tons of great things FS support once you are a customer. I have an X2, but bought used and I knew what I was getting.

Who knows, maybe this was the plan to just get more buzz around what we'd expect from a $500 device, but then they probably wouldn't have taken preorders. I don't think anyone is debating that this is a poor marketing activity, but I don't know why someone would complain so much and still jump on board. Wasn't delivery expected late March? Don't know how someone would get so upset already when we still don't know everything about it and we aren't even close to the end of March yet.

Maybe they were just having a bad day when I called. 2 of my orders seem lossed, Computer systems were down, sales doesnt directly deal with the shipping department and finance department only uses PayPal. The need to only sell through golf shop vendor or Amazon and not be customer facing. Very mom and pop shop feel to the whole call and talking to the people. I was even told that they dont know how they are handling the returns yet for the Mevo yet. I can see the path Im headed down.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

My impression is the current non-consumer units are a top notch product but the are not ready to be selling to the consumer market yet. I got the impression we are not going to be seeing the MEVO any time soon. Im just going to grab a SC200 to mess around with and a new CCE mat and get ready for the season for now. The Pre Order gave me the impression it was a KickStarter type deal to guage the market.

None of these companies are going to launch products even remotely close to what we'd expect from a leading consumer electronics company. Even Skytrak which is tied to SkyGolf couldn't launch their unit without tons of issues. This market is a niche, regardless of if it is $500 or $20,000.

I'm trying to understand what changed your mind as nothing appeared to change since the preorders started until now? I don't think they missed any commit dates, or am I wrong? I can honestly say I didn't pay much attention to when things were supposed to happen.

I'm really interested to know what it is you can't say until they refund your money.

LA per 0.2

This is my favorite argument of all time. Who is doing all these independent studies?

Scientists. Google is your friend.

Maybe they were just having a bad day when I called. 2 of my orders seem lossed, Computer systems were down, sales doesnt directly deal with the shipping department and finance department only uses PayPal. The need to only sell through golf shop vendor or Amazon and not be customer facing. Very mom and pop shop feel to the whole call and talking to the people. I was even told that they dont know how they are handling the returns yet for the Mevo yet. I can see the path Im headed down.

Only uses Paypal? Are you assuming things or basing them on fact? I can show you the card charge from 4 years ago when I bought my unit. I would assume what they don't really expect is to deal with people that are already assuming they are going to treat them like a neighborhood Walmart...buy it, try it, and then return it.

In my opinion, this is why it was a good thing when the prices stayed high, they could limit the riff-raff they had to deal with fron the average consumer as it was out of the price range of most people. This is the BS that they were probably able to avoid in the past with the high prices. You have been talking to them for weeks months, some of us have had good experiences with them for years. We also aren't the people calling and asking about refunds before we ever received a unit. I felt like one of only 2 people on the planet that used the android app when it first came out. Spent exhorbant amounts of time on the phone and writing emails to them to discuss issues. I also used to get software updates pushed to me on a bi-weekly basis until they had the issues fixed. They are a small company, with limited employees, but they can give outstanding CS when they aren't forced to deal with customers that do nothing but waste their time. I don't blame them one bit for not giving you answers, it's probably better for them just to not have you as a customer judging by all the previous posts here.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

LA per 0.2

Scientists. Google is your friend.

I tried and I couldn't find anything outside of people posting on here or other blogs. Not exactly scientists...

Only uses Paypal? Are you assuming things or basing them on fact? I can show you the card charge from 4 years ago when I bought my unit. I would assume what they don't really expect is to deal with people that are already assuming they are going to treat them like a neighborhood Walmart...buy it, try it, and then return it.

In my opinion, this is why it was a good thing when the prices stayed high, they could limit the riff-raff they had to deal with fron the average consumer as it was out of the price range of most people. This is the BS that they were probably able to avoid in the past with the high prices. You have been talking to them for weeks months, some of us have had good experiences with them for years. We also aren't the people calling and asking about refunds before we ever received a unit. I felt like one of only 2 people on the planet that used the android app when it first came out. Spent exhorbant amounts of time on the phone and writing emails to them to discuss issues. I also used to get software updates pushed to me on a bi-weekly basis until they had the issues fixed. They are a small company, with limited employees, but they can give outstanding CS when they aren't forced to deal with customers that do nothing but waste their time. I don't blame them one bit for not giving you answers, it's probably better for them just to not have you as a customer judging by all the previous posts here.

You're taking a couple cheap jabs at people. It's not his fault Flightscope decided to release a cheaper product and he wants to know when to expect it.

I'm a customer of theirs who invested $13K+ in my unit for personal use and I haven't been overwhelmed with their service, however, I haven't had any major issues so overall I am reasonably happy. Our experiences are different but I wouldn't not recommend Flightscope based on how they've handled me while at the same time I think there is a little left to be desired.

The one thing I do feel is a poor business practice is using customers' money to fund your product launch. I don't know if they are just authorizing credit cards and then running the charge when it ships but it seems in this case that they accepted his money and now have the attitude of we'll ship it when we ship it.

The other thing I would be curious about with the Mevo is how much real world testing it's been through. You'd think it would be easy enough to take a few units and head to a driving range. It would make for some great teaser videos and give people buying them some peace of mind as far as accuracy and durability is concerned. I guess I just really find it odd that we haven't seen this thing in action yet considering the impact that a lot of us think it will have.