New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

My impression is the current non-consumer units are a top notch product but the are not ready to be selling to the consumer market yet. I got the impression we are not going to be seeing the MEVO any time soon. Im just going to grab a SC200 to mess around with and a new CCE mat and get ready for the season for now. The Pre Order gave me the impression it was a KickStarter type deal to guage the market.

None of these companies are going to launch products even remotely close to what we'd expect from a leading consumer electronics company. Even Skytrak which is tied to SkyGolf couldn't launch their unit without tons of issues. This market is a niche, regardless of if it is $500 or $20,000.

I'm trying to understand what changed your mind as nothing appeared to change since the preorders started until now? I don't think they missed any commit dates, or am I wrong? I can honestly say I didn't pay much attention to when things were supposed to happen.

I'm really interested to know what it is you can't say until they refund your money.

I think there must be some legality when you sell something "Pre Order" vs full retail selling. Notice there is no Release date listed anywhere. Doesnt sound the sells team have even seen the units yet. Who knows, I can all change next week and Im kicking myself for not buying one.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

https://mytrackman.c...Definitions.pdf

Ball speed is accurate per 0.1mph

LA per 0.2

Spin rate per 15 rpms and that was from 2012, I guess TM 4 is at least that accurate if not better

I'm a mechanical engineer and from an engineering point of view you can't display decimals if you have not sure to be accurate to the decimal.

Many independent studies have found those variances not to be true...it's still accurate. The variances on individual shots vary more but averages even out over time due to a high volume of data. Look, I was on a Trackman last night and compared it to my SkyTrack.....after 10 shots, the numbers are DARN near identical - doesn't mean SkyTrack variances are better or close to Trackman. I'm glad to post the results if you like.

umm yeah you can display decimals and be inaccurate. Trackman measures Swing speed to the decimal point as well and produces numbers on Smash Factor that exceed 1.50 due to their misreads and calculations.

Again, Trackman is the gold standard...but it does have variances.

This is my favorite argument of all time. Who is doing all these independent studies?

Scientists. Google is your friend.

I tried and I couldn't find anything outside of people posting on here or other blogs. Not exactly scientists...

Quintac Studies

They have found that ball data is off more than Trackman claims. Which I agree with to an extent. Trackman does have larger variances than they claim - it's not a lot but it's there. It's a yard or two - which is nominal. I believe in Trackman data in the fullest - just did a fitting at miles of golf on Tuesday and based my decisions on buying new clubs on the data fully. But their variances aren't a tenth of a mile an hour.

Not off near as much as people claim. The "don't trust launch monitor crowd" has zero validity when it comes to Trackman. I hit over 150 balls on there Tuesday without a single discrepancy and have the .pdf to prove it.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Only uses Paypal? Are you assuming things or basing them on fact? I can show you the card charge from 4 years ago when I bought my unit. I would assume what they don't really expect is to deal with people that are already assuming they are going to treat them like a neighborhood Walmart...buy it, try it, and then return it.

In my opinion, this is why it was a good thing when the prices stayed high, they could limit the riff-raff they had to deal with fron the average consumer as it was out of the price range of most people. This is the BS that they were probably able to avoid in the past with the high prices. You have been talking to them for weeks months, some of us have had good experiences with them for years. We also aren't the people calling and asking about refunds before we ever received a unit. I felt like one of only 2 people on the planet that used the android app when it first came out. Spent exhorbant amounts of time on the phone and writing emails to them to discuss issues. I also used to get software updates pushed to me on a bi-weekly basis until they had the issues fixed. They are a small company, with limited employees, but they can give outstanding CS when they aren't forced to deal with customers that do nothing but waste their time. I don't blame them one bit for not giving you answers, it's probably better for them just to not have you as a customer judging by all the previous posts here.

You're taking a couple cheap jabs at people. It's not his fault Flightscope decided to release a cheaper product and he wants to know when to expect it.

All one has to do is look at the previous 3-4 posts to see that there is nothing but drama there. It's one thing to post on experience, it's another to try and stir the drama pot with posts like those were. "I will once there is money back into my account". Really?!? Is that necessary?!? It's pot-stirring drama. You pre order before info is given just so you can raise your hand and say I'm in, only to call and cancel because you realize you know nothing about what you spent $500 on.

The other thing I would be curious about with the Mevo is how much real world testing it's been through. You'd think it would be easy enough to take a few units and head to a driving range. It would make for some great teaser videos and give people buying them some peace of mind as far as accuracy and durability is concerned. I guess I just really find it odd that we haven't seen this thing in action yet considering the impact that a lot of us think it will have.

Then why on earth spend money on something you know nothing about?!? It's stuff like this that hurts the CS for the rest of the folks out there. It's people wasting other people's time.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Only uses Paypal? Are you assuming things or basing them on fact? I can show you the card charge from 4 years ago when I bought my unit. I would assume what they don't really expect is to deal with people that are already assuming they are going to treat them like a neighborhood Walmart...buy it, try it, and then return it.

In my opinion, this is why it was a good thing when the prices stayed high, they could limit the riff-raff they had to deal with fron the average consumer as it was out of the price range of most people. This is the BS that they were probably able to avoid in the past with the high prices. You have been talking to them for weeks months, some of us have had good experiences with them for years. We also aren't the people calling and asking about refunds before we ever received a unit. I felt like one of only 2 people on the planet that used the android app when it first came out. Spent exhorbant amounts of time on the phone and writing emails to them to discuss issues. I also used to get software updates pushed to me on a bi-weekly basis until they had the issues fixed. They are a small company, with limited employees, but they can give outstanding CS when they aren't forced to deal with customers that do nothing but waste their time. I don't blame them one bit for not giving you answers, it's probably better for them just to not have you as a customer judging by all the previous posts here.

You're taking a couple cheap jabs at people. It's not his fault Flightscope decided to release a cheaper product and he wants to know when to expect it.

All one has to do is look at the previous 3-4 posts to see that there is nothing but drama there. It's one thing to post on experience, it's another to try and stir the drama pot with posts like those were. "I will once there is money back into my account". Really?!? Is that necessary?!? It's pot-stirring drama. You pre order before info is given just so you can raise your hand and say I'm in, only to call and cancel because you realize you know nothing about what you spent $500 on.

The other thing I would be curious about with the Mevo is how much real world testing it's been through. You'd think it would be easy enough to take a few units and head to a driving range. It would make for some great teaser videos and give people buying them some peace of mind as far as accuracy and durability is concerned. I guess I just really find it odd that we haven't seen this thing in action yet considering the impact that a lot of us think it will have.

Then why on earth spend money on something you know nothing about?!? It's stuff like this that hurts the CS for the rest of the folks out there. It's people wasting other people's time.

I haven't purchased one. I own an X2 Elite so I'm just trying to have a discussion regarding a new product that is coming to the market. I guess I'm just curious about new things so sorry if that is ruining Flightscope customer service for you somehow.

I haven't purchased one. I own an X2 Elite so I'm just trying to have a discussion regarding a new product that is coming to the market. I guess I'm just curious about new things so sorry if that is ruining Flightscope customer service for you somehow.

That's why my post wasn't directed at you. I'm not sure why you are trying to change that to make it seem like it was. I quoted the person that was involved. I just responded to your post as to "why" when you responded to mine.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

That's why my post wasn't directed at you. I'm not sure why you are trying to change that to make it seem like it was. I quoted the person that was involved. I just responded to your post as to "why" when you responded to mine.

My mistake. Only you and I are quoted when you're telling me or whomever that they are ruining customer service for you...

My impression is the current non-consumer units are a top notch product but the are not ready to be selling to the consumer market yet. I got the impression we are not going to be seeing the MEVO any time soon. Im just going to grab a SC200 to mess around with and a new CCE mat and get ready for the season for now. The Pre Order gave me the impression it was a KickStarter type deal to guage the market.

None of these companies are going to launch products even remotely close to what we'd expect from a leading consumer electronics company. Even Skytrak which is tied to SkyGolf couldn't launch their unit without tons of issues. This market is a niche, regardless of if it is $500 or $20,000.

I'm trying to understand what changed your mind as nothing appeared to change since the preorders started until now? I don't think they missed any commit dates, or am I wrong? I can honestly say I didn't pay much attention to when things were supposed to happen.

I'm really interested to know what it is you can't say until they refund your money.

I think there must be some legality when you sell something "Pre Order" vs full retail selling. Notice there is no Release date listed anywhere. Doesnt sound the sells team have even seen the units yet. Who knows, I can all change next week and Im kicking myself for not buying one.

I'd really just like to understand why you keep saying how poorly all this was handled, and have been for weeks, but then preordered anyway, and now seem to be acting like suddenly everything has changed?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter to me, but we've all had the same info the whole time, and have known the ESTIMATED ship date was late March. Again, if they said it was supposed to ship March 01, I am sorry. I don't remember the dates, other than sometime in March.

The Mom and Pop operation is true if you are comparing them to a traditional Consumer Electronics business, they are a small company. And the lack of planning is not helping.

Do you really think not practicing with this will make a measurable difference for a month or two? The other ballspeed device you mentioned isn't going to do much either in that short period of time. Think about it logically, write the pros/cons down and weigh them. Don't overestimate the impact that not having this will have on your game for a month. I'd personally wait it out and see how this is if money was tight, no sense buying something and then wishing you just waited a few weeks when you know it's coming out.

I'll leave it at this....and I think I've said this earlier in the thread...

If you don't like the fact that they don't have enough real data, concrete ship dates, detailed return policies....Then don't preorder it! So simple. Just wait until it is released and reviews come in. Everyone has been trying to help you make a decision but it keeps going around in circles.

I would like to be assured from sales that they atleast seen a few units floating around the shop or have atleast seen it. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up and there is a full press release and some video to go off of. We are not talking about some $60 fit bit. Roll of stickers and Mevo, Im in $550. like I said before, Im sure FS is full of good people and have some top notch pro grade launch monitors but I think the are dropping the ball. I have a right as a consumer to know what my ROI is. I wouldnt mind If someone else who preordered one call and ask when the are getting the units from the manufacturer and see if they say something more concrete. I have been involved with this from start and have talked to them a few times. I deal with telecom vendors and high end Enterprise Security equipment for my job and I have heard this song and dance before dealing with the sales team vs development groups.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I posted the dimensions a month ago I got "from a guy who knows things". No one should be surprised.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I posted the dimensions a month ago I got "from a guy who knows things". No one should be surprised.

You got to ask your guy on what's the hold up from the manufacturer. Arent the other FS units made in South Africa also?

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I would like to be assured from sales that they atleast seen a few units floating around the shop or have atleast seen it. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up and there is a full press release and some video to go off of. We are not talking about some $60 fit bit. Roll of stickers and Mevo, Im in $550. like I said before, Im sure FS is full of good people and have some top notch pro grade launch monitors but I think the are dropping the ball. I have a right as a consumer to know what my ROI is. I wouldnt mind If someone else who preordered one call and ask when the are getting the units from the manufacturer and see if they say something more concrete. I have been involved with this from start and have talked to them a few times. I deal with telecom vendors and high end Enterprise Security equipment for my job and I have heard this song and dance before dealing with the sales team vs development groups.

Calculating ROI on a golf gadget? This isn't high end security equipment.

Just get something else and don't look at this thread again, problem solved. Just convince yourself that you got the best bang for your buck.

Why is it their fault for allowing you to pay them for something that's not released yet?

That makes no sense to me.

Product launches are almost always flawed, unless you're talking about a company like Apple or Samsung or something. It NEVER ships before the anticipated shipping date, almost always after, and very rarely are they on-time.

Like many are saying, they're a small company. I would hold off on ordering one until I read user reviews anyways, which puts us around the end of April.

Factor in firmware updates/software updates to catch a few bugs that only the public finds, and you're looking at getting it early summer.

You get no advantage of being the first person to have it vs buying later other than just having it first, yay?, and dealing with early bugs.

It's not like they offered a down payment to hold your place and then charged you full price before they shipped it. You decided to pre-order...what am I missing?

I honestly will not be surprised if its mid April and there are still no pictures or reviews of it.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Why is it their fault for allowing you to pay them for something that's not released yet?

Product launches are almost always flawed, unless you're talking about a company like Apple or Samsung or something. It NEVER ships before the anticipated shipping date, almost always after, and very rarely are they on-time.

Like many are saying, they're a small company. I would hold off on ordering one until I read user reviews anyways, which puts us around the end of April.

Factor in firmware updates/software updates to catch a few bugs that only the public finds, and you're looking at getting it early summer.

You get no advantage of being the first person to have it vs buying later other than just having it first, yay?, and dealing with early bugs.

It's not like they offered a down payment to hold your place and then charged you full price before they shipped it. You decided to pre-order...what am I missing?

Did i say it was their fault?? Ive only said that its strange

Did i say it was their fault?? Ive only said that its strange

I just think its fair to raise the question for those who have placed an order for something to go on or proof that it has been manufactured. CAD drawings are cool and all but I want to see something already.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I think some jimmies are being rustle over something that has been talked about but not seen.. Can't blame some for being suscipious and others saying lets wait and see..

jimmies-rustled-gif.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I think it's Bush League to accept money on a preorder and to treat a product launch like it's a kickstarter campaign. If they had a solid in-hand date I could maybe be alright with it but either way it's having your customers fund your business and I see it as a financial stopgap.

At the same time I agree with those who have said to just relax and wait. If you really need to be the first person to have this thing then just sit back and chill, anticipation and frustration is the price you pay to be the cool kid on the block when it finally happens. I was on Hondabuff's side at first but now that his money has been refunded and he's still complaining I'm leaning towards he just wants to complain for the sake of complaining.

Personally there is no way I would have preordered a Mevo even if I were interested in buying one which I am not. I have a feeling that the people who are getting all crazy about the wait are the guys who have it in their mind that they're going to spend $500 and go all DJ and dial in their 82.3 yard wedge shot with this thing. I think that this is going to be more of a glorified novelty/gadget that will be fun for a few minutes for those who don't have access to a launch monitor and some people may have expectations that are too high. If I were on the market for one of these I would let the first shipments pan out and see what the reviews are. If it's great, great, you lost a month or two on the range with it but no worries, you'll have it in time to tune your game up for Erin Hills in June. If it's a bust you let someone else learn the hard way and saved yourself a couple bucks.

My expectations aren't very high but I am still pretty curious to see if they can offer a good product at that price point so let the debate go on until we see real-life reviews!

Just to be clear, the money has not been refunded yet. They are still locating the transaction. Apparently they were having computer issues in Sales, Finance and the Shipping Department. Doesn't seem like the Mevo sales go through the same channels.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I've been following this thread for the last month since there seems to be no other info on the mevo. I preordered it because it would be nice to get better distance feedback on my poorly lit, non flat driving range. But it didn't really matter if it came out in March or April. That being said, I do agree there's a difference between having a locked design in pre production vs using crowd funding to work on the design and ramp up. It may be the case that they are locked and just not releasing much info. But if the ship date keeps sleeping, it's going to seem more and more likely they're using the pre order money to fine tune the design. I support kick starters all the time...but it would be a lot more cleaner if they had sold the pre orders as such, if that's the case. But who knows, maybe they'll start throwing out videos today and kill this whole discussion.

No pictures of any data on a ipad/iphone. Here is 13 pictures of a guy taking a picture of a guy.

MEVO.jpg

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

For those wondering size it's pretty small. I saw it at CES. If I had to throw out a guess based on memory I'd say it's about the of an iPhone 6/s

Was it a static display or a functioning unit?

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

For those wondering size it's pretty small. I saw it at CES. If I had to throw out a guess based on memory I'd say it's about the of an iPhone 6/s

Was it a static display or a functioning unit?

I don't know. They had some TV's set up with video but not a live demo of the product. In all fairness CES booth space is insanely expensive these days so it probably wouldn't make economical sense for Flightscope to have a booth big enough to demo their products. This was the only product they were showing and I'm guessing since it is applicable to more than just golf they were testing the response of this show for the first time?

No pictures of any data on a ipad/iphone. Here is 13 pictures of a guy taking a picture of a guy.

MEVO.jpg

You complained that there weren't real pictures out there. I saw the link and posted so now there are real pics of the unit size.

Now you moved onto the next complaint, pics aren't good enough or if the right stuff. It was a teaser post and they are clearly filming a video.

Just buy the sc200 or whatever and move on. The complaining has to get old, no?