2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Butch was saying DJ only uses the Trackman for the wedges and can call his shot with the distances.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

The new Trackman Range version is being debuted at Augusta, just got the email this morning

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

TRACKMAN IS LIVE AT THE MASTERS

INTRODUCING

TRACKMAN RANGE

TrackMan’s Tour Technology is now available for ranges around the world, enabling hundreds of shots to be tracked simultaneously with just a couple of radars.

As a world's first, the system is used during The Masters at Augusta.

Watch multiple animated trajectories from the best players in the game when they warm up to a Major tournament round.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

gasp! I didn't know it was first week of April. Never would have thought because the damn Memo hasn't shipped yet and all the strong promises from FS made me a fool to believe them.

Now I know why they have 3 day return period. They don't have confidence in their products.

I may be missing something, but isn't a week 7 days? How many business days are in a week, 5 right? So we are through 2/5 of the business days. Sure, maybe they won't ship, but they still have a few days if they said first week of April.

1st batch of 100 are shipping tomorrow. 2nd batch comes in from the manufacturing plant mid next week and will be delivered end of next week into the 3rd week. My preorder is in the 2nd batch :censored2:... Looking forward to reviews!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

1st batch of 100 are shipping tomorrow. 2nd batch comes in from the manufacturing plant mid next week and will be delivered end of next week into the 3rd week. My preorder is in the 2nd batch :censored2:... Looking forward to reviews!

How did you get this info? Is it on the site or did you call?

Called this morning. The guy I talked to was on point with everything. FYI, You order number doesn't represent where you are at for a reservation. My order number was in the 400's and my reservation was low 100's. We should start seeing some independent reviews by next weekend. Still doesn't explain why FS hasn't released more photos or that Video on social media.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

gasp! I didn't know it was first week of April. Never would have thought because the damn Memo hasn't shipped yet and all the strong promises from FS made me a fool to believe them.

Now I know why they have 3 day return period. They don't have confidence in their products.

I may be missing something, but isn't a week 7 days? How many business days are in a week, 5 right? So we are through 2/5 of the business days. Sure, maybe they won't ship, but they still have a few days if they said first week of April.

Of course, but given their history of lack of communications, I can only be pessimistic about their promise. (Why did they send the shipping update email asking for which sports I will use mevo for? They didn't even do auto-respond so I have no idea if my reply went thru or not)

I run a business and this is very not a good way to do communication with your customers.

Called this morning. The guy I talked to was on point with everything. FYI, You order number doesn't represent where you are at for a reservation. My order number was in the 400's and my reservation was low 100's. We should start seeing some independent reviews by next weekend.

Only way it makes sense is that first 200s order # is invalid and it started from 300. I have order # of 311 and I hope mine ships this week. But considering how FS handled the whole situation with lack of info and training, I won't hold my breath.

Its going to be a challenge to use the unit with no App. Maybe when they asked us what sport we were using for will provide us literature on the link to download the appropriate software to use. So far the lady I gabbed with in the shipping department the first week of March when they misplaced my order has been spot on. Mid to late April at the earliest and march timeframe wasn't happening. There were also going to be a limited first batch. Something was going on with who was manufacturing it. I did check my order number for the stickers and it was a few digits higher then my Mevo order. Must just be a tracking number for yearly sales and had no bearing on the Mevo order. First in first out.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

On one of the Twitter feeds I was reading, One of the people who did test it said it will read spin without the stickers. Stickers will just enhance the accuracy of the measurement. Seems that it was demoed at the end of January for a select group and they were not allowed to talk about it. Some did and some deleted posts afterward. I'm definitely interested in the first wave of you guys when you get it to post up some pictures of what's included in the box and setting it up. Interested in what the minimum distance reading is.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I am order 306, so mine might be in the first batch shipped. The bad news is that I am recovering from sepsis that hit my left leg. So I will not be using it until sometime in May. But once i can start hitting balls, I will be using it to judge where my swing is in the recovery.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

On one of the Twitter feeds I was reading, One of the people who did test it said it will read spin without the stickers. Stickers will just enhance the accuracy of the measurement. Seems that it was demoed at the end of January for a select group and they were not allowed to talk about it. Some did and some deleted posts afterward. I'm definitely interested in the first wave of you guys when you get it to post up some pictures of what's included in the box and setting it up. Interested in what the minimum distance reading is.

I'm pretty excited about this thing as a highly portable distance and speed gauge. But not really expecting it to give the whole launch monitor experience. I get the feeling you're expecting a whole lot out of a 500 dollar device. If you want something that will give you a lot of data and is fairly accurate, have you considered skytrak? It's $1698 this week. It may give you more of what you're expecting over the mevo.

I'm pretty excited about this thing as a highly portable distance and speed gauge. But not really expecting it to give the whole launch monitor experience. I get the feeling you're expecting a whole lot out of a 500 dollar device. If you want something that will give you a lot of data and is fairly accurate, have you considered skytrak? It's $1698 this week. It may give you more of what you're expecting over the mevo.

Skytrak is fully on my radar, Just not right now. What I really like about the Mevo is hitting wedges in my yard and testing different balls. Hitting into a net with no data is just a waste of time. Having one unit instead of my ES12/SSR/Swingmate would be a bonus. Flightscope is one of the big players in the game so you would have high expectations. So far My expectations are too high.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Skytrak is fully on my radar, Just not right now. What I really like about the Mevo is hitting wedges in my yard and testing different balls. Hitting into a net with no data is just a waste of time. Having one unit instead of my ES12/SSR/Swingmate would be a bonus. Flightscope is one of the big players in the game so you would have high expectations. So far My expectations are too high.

We live in an "over promise, under deliver" world. Managing expectations is not an easy thing to accomplish, but FS hasn't done a great job so far. Performance of delivered product will be the determiner. Maybe everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

My boss just picked up a skytrak for our office and its really cool. The only thing I have seen so far that I think is off is the amount of roll out on an iron shot. Most of my irons hit and stop or slightly back up on the green and on the Skytrak, it rolls out about 10 ft. Maybe there is a setting that needs changed.

I still may pick up a Mevo for the range depending on the reviews.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

My boss just picked up a skytrak for our office and its really cool. The only thing I have seen so far that I think is off is the amount of roll out on an iron shot. Most of my irons hit and stop or slightly back up on the green and on the Skytrak, it rolls out about 10 ft. Maybe there is a setting that needs changed.

Carry distance is the only important number on irons- everything else is an estimation based on algorithms. Based on conditions it can vary wildly. Trackman has the exact same rollout calculations for me that SkyTrak does. I did a pretty extensive comparison on the golfsimulatorforum site. 3 yards rollout dispersion estimation on ANY simulator device is nothing and that's including Trackman. You have to know your carry that's it. And then know your rollout conditions of the course if you're hitting greens or grass (hard/soft/dry/wet). Knowing your spin for irons numbers for irons does help extensively.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Of course, but given their history of lack of communications, I can only be pessimistic about their promise. (Why did they send the shipping update email asking for which sports I will use mevo for? They didn't even do auto-respond so I have no idea if my reply went thru or not)

I run a business and this is very not a good way to do communication with your customers.

IMO, I hate the auto responses. It drives me crazy that I have to bother deleting an email just so they can tell me they got it. Most of these mailboxes are setup properly and spam filters will not block responses from addresses in their mail lists.

Just because you own a business doesn't mean that all your ideas are how they should handle things.

Regarding being able to read spin without stickers, if you want anything remotely accurate you should use stickers. I'm sure the radar is much weaker than the X Series, and they really need stickers for indoor mode. I see this as no exception if you want to see any valuable spin number.

IMO, I hate the auto responses. It drives me crazy that I have to bother deleting an email just so they can tell me they got it. Most of these mailboxes are setup properly and spam filters will not block responses from addresses in their mail lists.

Just because you own a business doesn't mean that all your ideas are how they should handle things.

Regarding being able to read spin without stickers, if you want anything remotely accurate you should use stickers. I'm sure the radar is much weaker than the X Series, and they really need stickers for indoor mode. I see this as no exception if you want to see any valuable spin number.

Wundej, You have to be from Philly! I have family over there and they talk the same way. They have to disagree with at least one thing someone says or they are not happy. I'm just picturing my step mom talking with her hands while stirring her Sunday Gravy, *with the south Philly accent* "Now Hondy, Juoust because you owns a business doesn't mean that all your ideas are how they should handle things, Look at your uncle Bobby, It took him 3 car dealerships later to figure his s#%t out and now look at him". Lol, you crack me up!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Carry distance is the only important number on irons- everything else is an estimation based on algorithms. Based on conditions it can vary wildly. Trackman has the exact same rollout calculations for me that SkyTrak does. I did a pretty extensive comparison on the golfsimulatorforum site. 3 yards rollout dispersion estimation on ANY simulator device is nothing and that's including Trackman. You have to know your carry that's it. And then know your rollout conditions of the course if you're hitting greens or grass (hard/soft/dry/wet). Knowing your spin for irons numbers for irons does help extensively.

Where did you find Trackmans Algorithm online?

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

Someone should call FS and check the status of the first shipment of Mevo's if they have a low order number. I'm sure a bus crashed into their FedEx delivery by now!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Someone should call FS and check the status of the first shipment of Mevo's if they have a low order number. I'm sure a bus crashed into their FedEx delivery by now!

I'd call, but I'm in meetings/conference calls all afternoon. I guess I have to wait for the UPS shipment email and report back. (order number is in the 310s)

Every time I called them the ship date has slipped by two weeks. Latest is some BS about suppliers and batches and where they are coming from. At this point probably a good idea to request a refund and wait until they show up in retail stores instead of being part of the first adopters which to date has only benefited them having your money for 2 months with no actual ship date in sight. Pretty obvious by now there are problems with the units. Components, Assembly, No app., no reviews allowed of early unit... All adds up to a money grab before the unit was ready. More like a "go fund me" campaign rather than a finished product ready for sale..

Every time I called them the ship date has slipped by two weeks. Latest is some BS about suppliers and batches and where they are coming from. At this point probably a good idea to request a refund and wait until they show up in retail stores instead of being part of the first adopters which to date has only benefited them having your money for 2 months with no actual ship date in sight. Pretty obvious by now there are problems with the units. Components, Assembly, No app., no reviews allowed of early unit... All adds up to a money grab before the unit was ready. More like a "go fund me" campaign rather than a finished product ready for sale..

I just called and was told my order is shipping on the 17th with the second batch. The first 100 are MIA and they said Monday now for shipping. Supposedly there is a mass email coming out today promising rainbows and unicorns. We are chasing the ghost at this point.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I just called and was told my order is shipping on the 17th with the second batch. The first 100 are MIA and they said Monday now for shipping. Supposedly there is a mass email coming out today promising rainbows and unicorns. We are chasing the ghost at this point.

At this point the old adage of "first liar doesn't stand a chance" applies when speaking to them.. any guesses on how they will ship them. Probably 1 week cheapskate service. Friend who ordered one in mid march got one of the you are among the first 100 congratulations emails. I got one but assigned them to the junk mail folder..any guesses how many you are among the first 100 emails they sent out..