2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Just got my email, shipping Monday:

Dear valued customer,

Congratulations on being one of the first 100 people to order a Mevo!

We are excited to announce that we will start shipping Mevos on Monday April 10, 2017 on a first paid, first shipped basis. You will receive tracking details when your shipping label is created and you can expect the delivery of your unit within a week after receiving your shipping label.

Please see below for important details regarding your Mevo.

Best,

The FlightScope Team

Just got an email saying I am one of the first 100 orders and it will ship Monday with the app being available by the 14th.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Link to a video from the email:

There's that Andrew Park fella!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Of course, but given their history of lack of communications, I can only be pessimistic about their promise. (Why did they send the shipping update email asking for which sports I will use mevo for? They didn't even do auto-respond so I have no idea if my reply went thru or not)

I run a business and this is very not a good way to do communication with your customers.

IMO, I hate the auto responses. It drives me crazy that I have to bother deleting an email just so they can tell me they got it. Most of these mailboxes are setup properly and spam filters will not block responses from addresses in their mail lists.

Just because you own a business doesn't mean that all your ideas are how they should handle things.

Regarding being able to read spin without stickers, if you want anything remotely accurate you should use stickers. I'm sure the radar is much weaker than the X Series, and they really need stickers for indoor mode. I see this as no exception if you want to see any valuable spin number.

Wundej, You have to be from Philly! I have family over there and they talk the same way. They have to disagree with at least one thing someone says or they are not happy. I'm just picturing my step mom talking with her hands while stirring her Sunday Gravy, *with the south Philly accent* "Now Hondy, Juoust because you owns a business doesn't mean that all your ideas are how they should handle things, Look at your uncle Bobby, It took him 3 car dealerships later to figure his s#%t out and now look at him". Lol, you crack me up!

I'm definitely not from philly, but I'll disagree with you just for old times sake.

Just got an email saying I am one of the first 100 orders and it will ship Monday with the app being available by the 14th.

Is the Mevo functional without the app? If not, as soon as they start shipping, this thread will be about the waiting game for the app to come out (on each platform). Then it will be about why its taking so long to fix the bugs they didn't fix because they rushed it to market...

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Is the Mevo functional without the app? If not, as soon as they start shipping, this thread will be about the waiting game for the app to come out (on each platform). Then it will be about why its taking so long to fix the bugs they didn't fix because they rushed it to market...

We will all see if it requires the app or or not. When it comes to iPhone apps, remember the developer is at the mercy of Apple's review and approval process. Depending where you live, you might receive it a day or two before the app is available. There has been too much meaningless b***hing and moaning is this thread, so I am not going to worry about if I have to wait a day or two.

Callaway Chrome Soft

We will all see if it requires the app or or not. When it comes to iPhone apps, remember the developer is at the mercy of Apple's review and approval process. Depending where you live, you might receive it a day or two before the app is available. There has been too much meaningless b***hing and moaning is this thread, so I am not going to worry about if I have to wait a day or two.

There's a good chance the app is already submitted, approved, and held for developer release.

Sticker required for outdoor use as well?? That'd be annoying. I'm a FS fan and owner, but I'm not sure I see the point of the Mevo....

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Sticker required for outdoor use as well?? That'd be annoying. I'm a FS fan and owner, but I'm not sure I see the point of the Mevo....

Pretty sure that FS said they are required for accurate spin numbers for all locations. This isn't the same radar as the bigger units and doesn't track anywhere near full flight. We are assuming it isn't strong enough to get enough readings for long enough distance to provide true spin without the stickers.

The mevo is targeted at those that want to get a few core parameters MEASURED that other similarly priced units usually measure one or two and calculate the others. I personally feel that if I didn't have an X2, I wouldn't buy a Mevo, but would look at an Xi series or GC2. Not everyone wants to spend that much, so if the mevo delivers on the parameters that they say with the relative accuracy that we have see from FS in the past, they could have a great product for yardage gaps and ball striking.

One of the re-tweets I read while searching Twitter stated that they were able to use the Mevo without the stickers and the numbers were fairly good. Would be easy enough to test if you are at a driving range if they have all the same balls. Hit 2 or 3 with stickers on then the rest without and just adjust your yardages. I would hope it wouldn't be thousands of rpms off if you are not using the stickers but who knows.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

YAY...finally we are going to get some reviews...Cant wait to here what y'all think!

Also, don't forget to try a metallic sharpie to see if that does anything--doubt it but just maybe!

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

YAY...finally we are going to get some reviews...Cant wait to here what y'all think!

Also, don't forget to try a metallic sharpie to see if that does anything--doubt it but just maybe!

I was thinking the same thing about the sharpie. It might work, just depends how reflective it needs to be I guess.

Can't wait to here.. starting to look for a personal launch monitor for fittings, etc, so Im wondering if this will fit the bill beyond the 2,000-18,000 range..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

for those shipping on Monday, what's your order #?

Towards the bottom the email PayPal sent as a receipt.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Link to a video from the email:

A commercial where they make absolutely zero mention of what the product does nor show any screen shots of the app. Brilliant.

Some real time action would of been too much to ask for a static model. None of the LED's on the unit were on through the whole video unless they are super dim. Just throwing bread to the peasants I guess. The reviews from the GolfWRX community should paint a better picture for everyone.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but using range balls with any monitor that calculates distance needs to be done with care. Based on experience, the obvious of a slightly lower ball speed was found, but what was most off versus "regular" balls was the spin. In head to head tests using SkyTrak, spin for my 6 iron with range balls was around 2500rpm vs new balls at 5800. This produced about a 20 yard increase for the range balls vs new.

Obviously, the brand and age of range balls will effect the spin, but just a warning for those bringing launch monitors to the range.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but using range balls with any monitor that calculates distance needs to be done with care. Based on experience, the obvious of a slightly lower ball speed was found, but what was most off versus "regular" balls was the spin. In head to head tests using SkyTrak, spin for my 6 iron with range balls was around 2500rpm vs new balls at 5800. This produced about a 20 yard increase for the range balls vs new.

Obviously, the brand and age of range balls will effect the spin, but just a warning for those bringing launch monitors to the range.

Never seen range balls travel further than premium balls in my life. There is a difference in spin but also massive difference in ball speeds as well. Range balls do not increase distance off grass quite the opposite.

http://blog.trackmangolf.com/the-difference-in-range-ball-distances/

If you're hitting out if the box brand new Titleist Velocity out of the sleeve vs Prov1x then maybe. Buts that's never the case.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Never seen range balls travel further than premium balls in my life. There is a difference in spin but also massive difference in ball speeds as well. Range balls do not increase distance off grass quite the opposite.

If you're hitting out if the box brand new Titleist Velocity out of the sleeve vs Prov1x then maybe. Buts that's never the case.

Understood, all I was providing was what the launch monitor was putting out.

In the end, the point is be very careful when using a launch monitor and range balls for distances and gapping (as I had seen a few posts saying this was what people were doing).

I have. Especially with wedges/short irons. Range balls launch higher and spin less creating longer carry numbers.

If they are new/newer it's certainly possible. And I'm also talking about actual range balls and not name brand balls stamped with range decals. Balls will make a tremendous difference obviously.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

There is one thing about the Mevo that it seems people are missing. Because of the size and placement of the Mevo, it can be used on the course. I would not want to use it on course on a Saturday morning, but if the course is not busy, I would see using it to get numbers using your ball.

Callaway Chrome Soft