2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Pretty sure the play store is easier (and probably) faster to get apps officially available for consumption, so shouldn't take too long. As someone in here posted a couple pages back, if you have an iPad it can be run in compatibility mode with iPhone apps.

What worries me is the functionality of it. Obviously they aren't concerned with the iOS version but there is something obviously wrong with the Android version.

I've published an android app myself. It takes seconds to get it to market.

Yeah, and I don't really trust the info that their giving us considering they were telling people a month ago that mevos were going to ship within days. They might just be afraid of cancelled orders and trying to place blame on google and android when it's them to blame for the app.

I was about to order one then I hear no functional Android app. The issues with this launch never seem to end.

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they actually want the android app to work too. Just sayin. I do understand the disappointment though. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I'm sure FS wants that too.

I was about to order one then I hear no functional Android app. The issues with this launch never seem to end.

Launch issues with apps crop up more often than you'd think. We're having some major issues and have pushed our go live date back a few times already on my client's app. Better to pull the app and fix it than release a broken app.

It does suck though.

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they actually want the android app to work too. Just sayin. I do understand the disappointment though. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I'm sure FS wants that too.

Considering Android users pretty much double iOS users now

"It is what it is", right? The only control we consumers have is to cancel our order, return the item, buy it or don't. "Bashing" them here (not pointing fingers at you or anyone specific for that matter) or emailing them incessantly isn't going to magically make them move faster. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to be successful. Clearly they have limitations compared to much larger companies.

But Android also has so many different versions and combinations of hardware running the device; it is much easier to push updates and apps out to iOS because you know what hardware will be attempting to run said app on. This is the main reason it took over a year for Arccos to publish their android app; variations of bluetooth stacks, different versions of Android, etc.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

But Android also has so many different versions and combinations of hardware running the device; it is much easier to push updates and apps out to iOS because you know what hardware will be attempting to run said app on. This is the main reason it took over a year for Arccos to publish their android app; variations of bluetooth stacks, different versions of Android, etc.

Precisely why I develop for iOS :)

Waiting for pics of the proud Mevo owners!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Friend got his today. Took it immediately to driving range. Outdoor, real balls, access to Teackman for comparison. Really likes the size. He said to get close to the Trackman you must put the metal dots on the ball (the range owner let him put 10 on but said no more after comparison). Pretty close to the Trackman data as long as you had the dots on 2 7 irons, 2 4 irons, 2 5 woods 4 drivers for the 10 balls. Tried some without dots and irons were within 5% Drives not so good. Didn't say how far off from Trackman but did say the VC SC200 was closer on woods to Trackman distance wise. His unscientific conclusion was great size, useful data for irons, but woods must have the metallic dots. I doubt he retrieved his dots as the range was fairly busy. Not sure why the range owner objected to dots, other than new balls and maybe didn't want them in the automated ball washer. Sounds like useful tool for indoor range where the balls with the dots can be reused/retrieved. Not sure how many dots he got (25 maybe)? Outdoors sounds somewhat limited. Better than the SC200 overall (not accuracy on distance with woods) because of the app. retaining the data for later use. Didn't use the video merge, also said the app did not crash. Overall hit 20 balls.. 10 with dots and 10 without dots. All times taking data with Trackman, MEVO, SC200.. He warmed up hitting 20 balls just to get loose but plays to a +1 so pretty consistent.

Sounds promising! I'm taking mine to the course tomorrow for course data and then comparing to a Trackman into a net next week.

Friend got his today. Took it immediately to driving range. Outdoor, real balls, access to Teackman for comparison. Really likes the size. He said to get close to the Trackman you must put the metal dots on the ball (the range owner let him put 10 on but said no more after comparison). Pretty close to the Trackman data as long as you had the dots on 2 7 irons, 2 4 irons, 2 5 woods 4 drivers for the 10 balls. Tried some without dots and irons were within 5% Drives not so good. Didn't say how far off from Trackman but did say the VC SC200 was closer on woods to Trackman distance wise. His unscientific conclusion was great size, useful data for irons, but woods must have the metallic dots. I doubt he retrieved his dots as the range was fairly busy. Not sure why the range owner objected to dots, other than new balls and maybe didn't want them in the automated ball washer. Sounds like useful tool for indoor range where the balls with the dots can be reused/retrieved. Not sure how many dots he got (25 maybe)? Outdoors sounds somewhat limited. Better than the SC200 overall (not accuracy on distance with woods) because of the app. retaining the data for later use. Didn't use the video merge, also said the app did not crash. Overall hit 20 balls.. 10 with dots and 10 without dots. All times taking data with Trackman, MEVO, SC200.. He warmed up hitting 20 balls just to get loose but plays to a +1 so pretty consistent.

Sounds promising! I'm taking mine to the course tomorrow for course data and then comparing to a Trackman into a net next week.

I can see this being more for indoor home use backyard mat/ net use which is what I'll be using it for . A. Little disappointed to hear sc2000

Is better for wood play bc I've heard that sc2000 wasn't that accurate with woods .

Good info, I have no intention of putting all those dots on balls when I go to the range and don't have the ability to hit into a net. Likely cancelling my order

Good info, I have no intention of putting all those dots on balls when I go to the range and don't have the ability to hit into a net. Likely cancelling my order

Dont cancel it just send it to me.

If you weren't going to use it at the range or your personal net, where exactly where were you going to employ it? Seriously? <for you somaplr>

If you weren't going to use it at the range or your personal net, where exactly where were you going to employ it? Seriously? <for you somaplr>

I was going to use it at the range given it was still relatively accurate without the dots, I'd rather just put that money towards a GC2

Mine just arrived. I plan to go out and give it try tomorrow on my club's range. My plan is to initially use it to check club head speeds and compare numbers between shafts on my Epic driver. I am recovering from sepsis and will use it to check improvement in my swing as I get stronger.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Mine just arrived. I plan to go out and give it try tomorrow on my club's range. My plan is to initially use it to check club head speeds and compare numbers between shafts on my Epic driver. I am recovering from sepsis and will use it to check improvement in my swing as I get stronger.

What was your order number if you don't mind me asking?

WC-306

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

WC-306

Thanks

Just to clarify, are you saying the ball speed, vertical launch angle, and carry distance are not accurate without the metallic dots, or just the spin rate? If the VC200 is more accurate with woods than the dot-less Mevo, this is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for sharing. What was "close"? Carry yardage? Spin? Launch angle? All of the above?

With a "longer club", what parameters weren't "close"?

Ok. Thank your friend.

Haha surprised there has only been one report so far. I thought most of the early adopters would be on here for some reason.

But either way, prob worth waiting for some more reports before declaring this thing dead on arrival or the greatest thing since Metalwoods. I'm really looking forward to some closed data. Like an indoor track man or gc2. Full flight tracking outdoors is going to have wind influences. The Mevo isn't going to be impacted much or factor it in. We are just going to have to make our own corrections when using the Mevo.

Haha surprised there has only been one report so far. I thought most of the early adopters would be on here for some reason.

But either way, prob worth waiting for some more reports before declaring this thing dead on arrival or the greatest thing since Metalwoods. I'm really looking forward to some closed data. Like an indoor track man or gc2. Full flight tracking outdoors is going to have wind influences. The Mevo isn't going to be impacted much or factor it in. We are just going to have to make our own corrections when using the Mevo.

Yes, we will need numbers. The spin could be wildly off as in 1,000 rpm's from actual and the carry yardages are going to be within 3-7 yards. That includes driver.

As for wind, mevo gives you normalized data, sterile conditions. So, if you are hitting into a hurricane force wind, and the ball goes backwards, mevo doesn't know. It just knows your club speed, ball speed etc and the distance it would have gone if there was zero wind.

So, if you had the option to compare with a trackman, you'd want to access the normalization settings to get comparable data otherwise external conditions such as wind are going to be a culprit for variances. Trackman is measuring full flight, Mevo is calculating from ball data.

It was the spin rate that was pretty close with the dots, without the dots it was off pretty significantly. The Woods and Driver were off by a significant amount without the dots as far as distance. Don't hold me to the exact numbers but the distance measurement for 1st drive was 261 Trackman, 265 with MEVO dots, 263 with SC200. 2nd drive was 270 with Trackman, 251 MEVO no dot, 268 SC200. Admittedly just 2 drives (all I could recall from notes) but he kept seeing the differences without the dots. I don't know how much the SC200 being able to read and calculate barometer and temperature has to do with the measurements (surely not the whole difference). I think he said the MEVO allowed for variation in altitude. He also felt the unit needed to be on the same level as the ball. Not sure if he meant the MEVO needed to be raised to be level with the bottom of the ball on a tee versus on the mat. I agree it does sound like the most valuable area for this tool is for indoor fittings or practice..

If you take his trackman data for one shot, input the data into the free online flightscope optimizer simulator, mevo would have to be off a ton in spin, to be off by 20 yards.

Unless mevo needs the dot to calculate accurate launch angle and other parameters, this is not adding up for me.

You could play with the optimizer and figure just how off in spin you'd have to be to get a 20 yard difference in carry. I assume you are talking about Carry yardage, right?