New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Very tempted to splurge on this. It would be worth more than I'd spent on my entire bag combined. But in terms of what it could tell me about yardages, it's very exciting. Just need to come to terms with the fact that buying at full retail value in a space where competition is only going to grow in the next couple of years could be pissing money away.

Hate to say it but I actually got bored with mine. Its very cool to have when you get new clubs to figure out your yardages but the excitement wears off once you have them dialed in. Great device and does what's advertised. At the range I used my laser more, Shoot a target and work on getting the ball to the target. Using a launch monitor all the time got me out of just playing the game, sometimes a punch hybrid is a required shot vs a full 8 iron.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I’ve missed out on several MEVO’s in the past few weeks and may be heading there, again. I love the idea but feel like the cosmos is telling me to hold off. They seem to be scarce on the BST and eBay, only coming up once a week. Also, the prices seem to hover around $400-$435, which seems a bit high, considering the MSRP is $500. Does anyone have a game-changing, convincing argument to convince me to up my bids and get one?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

The UK price is actually £550 which is $720 :fie: I'd be better off pinching one off Ebay at that point and paying the $100 postage and customs fees...

It is normal for this to happen in "Ripoff Britain" - The problem with your plan is that if something goes wrong with it you would probably have to ship it back to the US to get sorted? - Only because I managed to win a pair of new fairway woods (I then sold my old ones for half the cost of the Mevo?) I decided to stump up the £550 & get one here in the UK - I'm still in the early stages & getting used to how to use it etc but I can already see how it can help my range sessions & improve me as a player - Another bonus I found the other day when it was foggy, I could still fire away, even with driver, despite only having 100y visibility! - That happens quite a bit, so no more wasted trips to the range for me ... Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone noticed that they are getting a lot more missed shots since the recent 1.8 FW update?

Previously, I was getting something like 99% hit rate on shots but over the weekend I was more like 20%. Only changes are that I recently performed the FW update and I am now hitting from a bay and not outside.

I have been careful about placing the unit 120cm behind the ball and at the same level as the mat but no joy.

Thanks

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Anyone noticed that they are getting a lot more missed shots since the recent 1.8 FW update?

Previously, I was getting something like 99% hit rate on shots but over the weekend I was more like 20%. Only changes are that I recently performed the FW update and I am now hitting from a bay and not outside.

I have been careful about placing the unit 120cm behind the ball and at the same level as the mat but no joy.

Thanks

Hmm. Firmware update didn't affect shot read for me. I would try a few things:

- make sure your phone software is updated to the latest version and the MEVO app is the latest version;

- rewrite the firmware update to the MEVO (can't just download it; it has to be written to the unit);

- confirm you're in indoor mode;

- don't place any electronics too close to the MEVO (some people try to set their phone directly next to the unit for ease of reading);

- make sure the device using the MEVO app has a "clear" line of sight to the MEVO unit (not in your pocket or set behind a wall, etc.)

My backyard setup has the ball / impact spot about 10 feet from the net. The MEVO sits 4 feet behind the impact spot. Then, I place my phone on a picnic bench about six feet behind MEVO. That way, I know the MEVO and my phone aren't too close, yet there is a clear line of sight between them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

- make sure your phone software is updated to the latest version and the MEVO app is the latest version;

- rewrite the firmware update to the MEVO (can't just download it; it has to be written to the unit);

- don't place any electronics too close to the MEVO (some people try to set their phone directly next to the unit for ease of reading);

- make sure the device using the MEVO app has a "clear" line of sight to the MEVO unit (not in your pocket or set behind a wall, etc.)

My backyard setup has the ball / impact spot about 10 feet from the net. The MEVO sits 4 feet behind the impact spot. Then, I place my phone on a picnic bench about six feet behind MEVO. That way, I know the MEVO and my phone aren't too close, yet there is a clear line of sight between them.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have done this for both my iPad and iPhone and both have the same problems

tried this once but will try again

I am in outdoor mode. I am not hitting into a net but am hitting from a driving stall bay

I normally have phone next to my hitting area so about 120cm away from Mevo unit.

Always out in the open with a clear line of sight.

I really liked the mevo, but ended up selling only because I just don't practice much lately. I still need to list my pelican cases, I have two of them that will need a new home soon...

I got the green light from the wife to sell the Mevo for a Skytrak in Feb when I get my yearly bonus. The deal would be that I can not play in my golf league next year which runs about 5 months and roughly the same price as a Skytrak. I have had numerous buddies say they would come over and drink beer and sit in lawn chairs in my driveway and play sim golf if I buy the Skytrak. I currently only play once a week with very little practice now. I almost think I would play more golf by owning a Skytrak. I already have a CCE Mat, Net, Projector, 40" Flat screen that I could drag out, Lawn chairs, Beer fridge and a 15' CCE Quick and True putting green.

Just something to keep in mind... the Skytrak is very sensitive to sunlight. Obviously not a problem if you're playing at night. I loved my Skytrak when using it in the basement, but it hated direct sunlight. It can cause significant misreads.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am in outdoor mode. I am not hitting into a net but am hitting from a driving stall bay

I normally have phone next to my hitting area so about 120cm away from Mevo unit.

Just a quick follow up to my own post and the suggestions from the forum.

I did a re-installation of the app on my phone at the weekend and another forced install and headed to the range. This time with irons I think it missed one shot in about 70. However, when I moved up to FW woods and Hybrids that rate dropped. I would say it was reading about 70%.

Only thing I could think of is that with these clubs I have a strong in to out swing pushing the ball right and drawing it back to middle. I wondered whether the fact that I am now hitting from within a stall means that the Mevo loses the ball if it goes to quickly right at the start.

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did a re-installation of the app on my phone at the weekend and another forced install and headed to the range. This time with irons I think it missed one shot in about 70. However, when I moved up to FW woods and Hybrids that rate dropped. I would say it was reading about 70%.

Only thing I could think of is that with these clubs I have a strong in to out swing pushing the ball right and drawing it back to middle. I wondered whether the fact that I am now hitting from within a stall means that the Mevo loses the ball if it goes to quickly right at the start.

First, I apologize for not understanding you were outside. The MEVO can track flight up to 80 feet. If you hit a big push draw that MEVO loses at 60+ feet, I could see how shots might not register for you. Also, is your ball flight with your hybrids and FWs unusually low? How did it read your driver?

Thanks

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

First, I apologize for not understanding you were outside. The MEVO can track flight up to 80 feet. If you hit a big push draw that MEVO loses at 60+ feet, I could see how shots might not register for you. Also, is your ball flight with your hybrids and FWs unusually low? How did it read your driver?

I would say that my hybrid flight is normal but I do think that the push draw has an effect. Unfortunately, I forgot my large rubber range tee and hence did not test driver last weekend.

Hopefully I will be able to go this lunchtime and will provide more feedback.

I would say that my hybrid flight is normal but I do think that the push draw has an effect. Unfortunately, I forgot my large rubber range tee and hence did not test driver last weekend. Hopefully I will be able to go this lunchtime and will provide more feedback.

You said you placed the unit at the same level as the mat. Did you place it on the ground behind your hitting mat? Did you place it on something behind your mat of equal height as your mat? Or did you place it on your hitting mat? (When hitting off a mat, I place one part of the MEVO box on the ground behind the mat, then set the MEVO on top of the box. When hitting off a tee, I increase the height of the MEVO by putting second part of the MEVO box underneath...) I guess my point is don't be afraid to experiment using the box pieces as props for the unit at varying heights.

Also, if you look at the driving range stall from the back, does it have some type of divider to the right, either metal grate or plastic? If you are a right hander hitting a sweeping draw, I wonder if MEVO is losing contact with the ball when it first goes right because it's getting blocked? Maybe try moving your mat as far left in the stall as you can.

It will be interesting to see how it registers for your driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Per the release notes for 1.3.1...

What's New in Version 1.3.1

iPad version available

FocusBand library update

Other fixes and improvements

I've been waiting on an iPad version. Sweet!

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Per the release notes for 1.3.1...

What's New in Version 1.3.1

iPad version available

FocusBand library update

Other fixes and improvements

I've been waiting on an iPad version. Sweet!

I saw that and looking forward to trying it out with the iPad. Since I do not wear my glasses playing golf. Seeing the iPhone display can be difficult. In a month I have a vacation setup in Florida and I have an open day between two rounds of golf that will give me a chance to use it on the range.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Mevo app update 1.3.1

I've been waiting for the latest update of fiimware & android app as I have been having issues with getting up & running / shots not picked up - Sadly after more of the same today I feel, apart from returning the Mevo, I have only one option which would be to try the Mevo on iPhone rather than Android? - I wondered if anyone here had tried this & if so how it worked out? - The UK distributor has told me they have had much less in the way of problems from people using iOS rather than Android - I really enjoy using the Mevo & can't really afford to go to the next most usable option (SkyTrack) - Any help greatly appreciated ... Paul

PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

Mevo app update 1.3.1

I've been waiting for the latest update of fiimware & android app as I have been having issues with getting up & running / shots not picked up - Sadly after more of the same today I feel, apart from returning the Mevo, I have only one option which would be to try the Mevo on iPhone rather than Android? - I wondered if anyone here had tried this & if so how it worked out? - The UK distributor has told me they have had much less in the way of problems from people using iOS rather than Android - I really enjoy using the Mevo & can't really afford to go to the next most usable option (SkyTrack) - Any help greatly appreciated ... Paul

Funny. I've been fortunate to have few problems with the MEVO. But, it now has me thinking about getting a SkyTrak too!

I posted these MEVO hints previously, but maybe it will help you:

- Unit placement is key. The notch on the top of the MEVO should "point" at the ball.

- If hitting off a mat, MEVO should sit on the same mat. If the mat isn't big enough to allow MEVO to sit behind, make sure MEVO is sitting on a surface of similar height as the hitting mat.

- If teeing up off a mat, make sure MEVO is elevated to the ball height. (I find the sturdy MEVO boxes useful for elevating the unit to the same height of the ball.)

- Make sure your phone software is updated to the latest version and the MEVO app is the latest version;

- With each new app release, I rewrite the firmware after updating the app, even if firmware is not updated. Probably does nothing, but it can't hurt...

- Confirm you're in the correct mode (indoor if hitting into a net; outdoor if hitting on range or course).

- Place other electronics away from the MEVO (some people try to set their phone directly next to MEVO for ease of reading - might interfere);

- Make sure there is a clear "line of sight" between the MEVO and the app device (not in your pocket; set behind a wall, etc.)

My backyard setup has ball / impact spot about 10 feet from the net. The MEVO sits 4 feet behind the impact spot. Then, I put my phone on a bench about six feet behind MEVO. That way, I know the MEVO and my phone aren't too close, yet there is a clear line of sight between them.

I'm moving up in the world to an Xi Tour. Only used my Mevo twice, going to end up selling it.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5* with Ventus Blue TR 6X
Srixon ZX 13.5* with Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX 18* with Ventus Blue 7X
Srixon ZXU 20* with Tour AD-DI 95x
Srixon ZX7 5-PW with Modus 125x
Cleveland Zipcore 51* Mid with Modus 125x, 56* Full with Modus 125w, 61* Mid with Modus 125w
Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Armlock
Titleist ProV1

Mevo app update 1.3.1

Funny. I've been fortunate to have few problems with the MEVO. But, it now has me thinking about getting a SkyTrak too!

I posted these MEVO hints previously, but maybe it will help you:

- Unit placement is key. The notch on the top of the MEVO should "point" at the ball.

- If hitting off a mat, MEVO should sit on the same mat. If the mat isn't big enough to allow MEVO to sit behind, make sure MEVO is sitting on a surface of similar height as the hitting mat.

- If teeing up off a mat, make sure MEVO is elevated to the ball height. (I find the sturdy MEVO boxes useful for elevating the unit to the same height of the ball.)

- Make sure your phone software is updated to the latest version and the MEVO app is the latest version;

- With each new app release, I rewrite the firmware after updating the app, even if firmware is not updated. Probably does nothing, but it can't hurt...

- Confirm you're in the correct mode (indoor if hitting into a net; outdoor if hitting on range or course).

- Place other electronics away from the MEVO (some people try to set their phone directly next to MEVO for ease of reading - might interfere);

- Make sure there is a clear "line of sight" between the MEVO and the app device (not in your pocket; set behind a wall, etc.)

My backyard setup has ball / impact spot about 10 feet from the net. The MEVO sits 4 feet behind the impact spot. Then, I put my phone on a bench about six feet behind MEVO. That way, I know the MEVO and my phone aren't too close, yet there is a clear line of sight between them.

Hi games ... Thanks for the reply - I've seen your previous post & had already made sure those suggestions in your list that might affect how my Mevo / Android setup were instigated ...

However, I can report now on my experience having picked up a (cheap) used iPhone 5s (minimum spec required for Mevo afaik?) - With android there would always be a minimum wait of a few minutes for the app to start running - With iPhone the app was running in an instant - Then with android there would be several minutes trying to get the Mevo & app to sychronise - With iPhone again this was immediate - With android once a shot is made there would be a delay of several seconds while the data was collected & displayed - With iPhone again this was immediate - I was hoping to see an improvement, but the Mevo experience on iPhone is like night & day from the android experience - The only downside I can think of is that my android screen was substantially bigger than the iPhone 5s I am using, so changing clubs & navigating menus is a bit more fiddly, but a very minor complaint & suffice to say I am very happy & look forward to continue enjoying my Mevo even more ... Paul

PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

• 1 month later...

I have tried it on both Android and iPad, and iPad seems to be slightly smoother although Android is perfectly fine on my S8. I don't think overall the interface is well designed for touch but it's usable. I think people just need to be aware to prop the mevo to matt height, make sure not stray balls in the mevo line of sight, and wait till it says ready before you put down the club to hit. Also low hits that will cross your body (low left) and big draws that may cross the barriers in driving range bays won't register. I haven't found the dots to be necessary as long as relatively new balls are used. In fact I've tried both indoors and outdoors modes and both are fine. Make sure to set the ball distance too. I usually use a driver for guidance and then add a foot if needed.

Haven't quite figured out the best option to use the camera (find a tripod with a phone mount or use those breffo spider things). I really like connecting an bluetooth audio device so I can have it read back to me one of the stats. Also I can hear the ready clearly. Can use a earpiece or a little speaker for this. Most phones can do dual bluetooth connections I think.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Does anyone else have any experience using the Mevo with the Android App? Interested in picking one up but not so much forking out money for a new iPhone to have it work.

Currently have a Swing Caddie SC200 and enjoy it for the most part, just wish it had an app to tracks stats.

Does anyone else have any experience using the Mevo with the Android App? Interested in picking one up but not so much forking out money for a new iPhone to have it work.

Currently have a Swing Caddie SC200 and enjoy it for the most part, just wish it had an app to tracks stats.

I used it with android exclusively. Occasional initial connection issues where I would need to reboot my phone or the app, but it never dropped once it connected. Response from the hit to data popping up as generally 3-5 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my flightscope last week, and I have had the opportunity thus far to test it over 3 range sessions. I also have the SC-200 and I was really surprised at the club head speed numbers Mevo has been giving me. SC-200 has me between 97-103mph and Mevo has me avg 106mph with my driver but Mevo records some swings at 108-111mph which I just cannot believe. In that regard the SC-200 seems to be more accurate. Anyone else make a comparison between SS readings on these 2 units?

After updating firmware and software and moving Mevo further back from 4' to 7' helped smooth out the club head speed range, and in my latest test it seemed much more accurate. 99-106mph readings with 104mph avg probably still 2-3mph optimistic but much more consistent.

So far I absolutely love this device but I really would like to have more confidence in the SS and carry numbers since those are the only ones that I have any real frame of reference to validate accuracy.

Very unlikely, that it will ever be able to hook up to a simulator program for the exact reasons Stuart laid out above. That said they have hinted they would bring something out eventually, and my guess would be it would be a game in the app such as hit to number X,Y, and then Z similar to a wedge cone drill or something of that sort. As far as data the Mevo has been giving back I've found it to be very very similar to my Trackman numbers and have been extremely happy with it.

As far as data the Mevo has been giving back I've found it to be very very similar to my Trackman numbers and have been extremely happy with it.

Have you noticed any diversion in club head speed data between the two? If so, how different are the numbers, and is the difference consistent? After firmware update my speed data became more stable but still slightly higher avg than what I see on SC-200 by 3-4mph.

My average CHS this month (February thru 1st Week of March) is within 0.5 mph of each other when comparing the Mevo to Trackman and has consistently remained within 1 mph. I've been actually very surprised with how consistent the data has been with the Mevo compared to Trackman.

When I look at my most recent session with both (1 day apart/Same Club): BS is the same, CHS is 0.1 diff (TM higher), SF is the same, Spin is 122rpm diff (Mevo higher), LA .6 diff (Mevo higher)